Sign in to follow this  
[aps]gnat

V-22 Osprey Tilt Rotor

cool skin. i like how the "marines" fit the background. but i would maybe add some tiger stripes in a second colour (maybe another brown).

Outstanding work as alway Gnat.  Now to someone able to make a change one of the Textures to A USAF version.  Anyone able to do that?

I was thinking of changing my Marine version (the darker gray) to a USAF version since it more closely matches that paint scheme anyway. Most of the USMC versions I've seen have the lighter shipboard paint scheme such as the one inluded in this pack.

Great stuff as usual.

I did encounter some problems (don't know if it's due to my horribly old computer that barely runs ARMA or something else). Anyways, I tried to use your preinstalled parachute script but for some reason could only activate if I "got out" of the Osprey while in Mid Flight, this makes things interesting as my parachute decides to deploy inside the aircraft.

Also in a totally different matter I was able to kill myself by setting the ramp position to 0 while trying to exit the aircraft while landed.

I just finished messing around with the custom skin. Though I'd share my results.

I call this one the Sand Tiger.

Left

Right

LOL StanThaMan "she" is very pretty wink_o.gif

@Feint

Thanks for your texture !

@commiejoe

No point having the parachute action available while you are on the ground!!

And when you do use it, you are meant to jump out the back of the plane BEFORE the count finishes!

And yes, stick your head in the ramp as it closes or opens, expect to get it crushed biggrin_o.gif

Wohaa! , this addon is king ! Pure quality.

Thank you !

... I'm missing as to why you can't inherit the harrier class and have an actual tilt-rotor?

If you HAD read through the whole thing you would have seen that the harrier class is totally unsuitable.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Clarification based on questions PM'ed;

Texture Use

- The darker marine texture by Feint is copyrighted and not available for modification and distribution in any form.

- The lighter texture EricM has kindly said is free for anyone to modify and distribute.

- All other textures, including the WIP ones inside the Texture PBO can be modified and distributed.

BTW, to clarify. Do not modify the main PBO and distribute. The idea of the Tex.PBO is that people making a custom texture can PBO-it and make the file available to others to download as a single PBO. This then overwrites the "original" tex.pbo and you can then select "Osprey - Special" to see the custom texture in action.

Gnat @ Oct. 19 2008,14:11)]BTW, to clarify. Do not modify the main PBO and distribute. The idea of the Tex.PBO is that people making a custom texture can PBO-it and make the file available to others to download as a single PBO. This then overwrites the "original" tex.pbo and you can then select "Osprey - Special" to see the custom texture in action.

Smart, I like solutions like that!

Hi, really pimp; i just miss one thing, your public key, Gnat. Without

it... it's much less MP friendly. But even when the MV's don't fly

very well they look like 12 times better than how Sole or i was able

of make 'em look. Give us that public key man, and sight too your

VF1S too, so the RACS can scare everyone. Let's C ya

really nice work, it's delightful to see the cargo getin' in and out the plane , love it

Hi, aside of the leak of the public key with the release... i've found

a small bug in the lights of the MV-22B, they're outside theyr place:

gnat_mv22b_bug.jpg

Also it may be a bit faster, but i don't know if it'll make it harder to

fly, with the AI it flys at 221Kmh, which is less than the common

UH-60 flyight speed; and make it a bit more agile, may help to dodge

the missiles and avoid the AA fire. I haven't try yet if the ground

infantry targets and shoot at the Osprey when it flys avobe 'em,

but i'll try it ASAP, i may even try to make a custom texture; but

that won't be soon and i can't ensure that i get something usefull.

Let's C ya

@Wipman

- Light Bug is in the readme, they move with speed .... can't be fixed Im affaid, I can only work so many miracles!

- Key was in the release.

- There is no key for the tex.pbo because theres no point me providing it. Those who modify it with there own textures should try providing a key.

- Speed, AI will fly to 250-350 (particularly in circles), but I can't get the speed any faster (no, raising the max speed number doesnt help! ).

- Agile? Its agile enough for what it is. Try the "from 300 to zero - spin-down onto an LZ in 8 secs trick"

Hi, in the Armedassault.info's download there isn't any GNT.bikey,

what there is is the MV-22's pbo, the texttures pbo & the MV-22's

signature; but not your public key, the GNT.bikey file. At least it

wasn't inside the .rar yesterday. Let's C ya

Hi, still there isn't any public key that download, check my OFPEC

tag and you'll see clearly there my public key; when i look into your

tag... i don't see your public key for download; isn't there, just your

tag. Let's C ya

Are the shadows on the windows going to be fixed? Awesome addon but this lets it down.

still there isn't any public key that download

... problem with my upload, asking OFPEC team to fix ....

Really good addon if you ask me

1 problem. I wanted to set up a scenario where 3 of these unload marines somewhere, the AI trying to get out always get stuck inside, so I guess I need to write a script for them to get out whenever I might use this in a mission.

Great stuff as usual.

I did encounter some problems (don't know if it's due to my horribly old computer that barely runs ARMA or something else).  Anyways, I tried to use your preinstalled parachute script but for some reason could only activate if I "got out" of the Osprey while in Mid Flight, this makes things interesting as my parachute decides to deploy inside the aircraft.

Question,

How do you use this builtin Parachute Script?

Thanks

1 problem. I wanted to set up a scenario where 3 of these unload marines somewhere, the AI trying to get out always get stuck inside, so I guess I need to write a script for them to get out whenever I might use this in a mission.

Just unload them slower (2 second between each disembark) and they walk out themselves.

Quote[/b] ]How do you use this builtin Parachute Script?

When the Osprey is in the air, hovering, get out from the cargo position, walk to the start of the ramp

A "Parachute" option will appear in the menu

Select it and then run off the end of the ramp.

Hi.

I do not seem to understand how to make a co-pilot sit in the co-pilot's seat. Are there any lines i can put into the int-field to make this happen? Earlyer someone wrote something about a gunner's position, but there's already a gunner in the rear (manning the MG). (Yep, i'm pretty new to editing :P )

help.gif  confused_o.gif

-TacSix

Hi

Use;

Quote[/b] ]this moveInCargo [X1, 22]

in the copilots INIT line.

The V22 itself is named "X1"

Is there a way to have troops unload straight off the ramp? It's fine unloading manually if you're in command, but AI squad tend to get caught up at the ramp, even on the CV22 w/o the door-gunner