Sign in to follow this  
[aps]gnat

V-22 Osprey Tilt Rotor

I really like this addon, but having the "get out" position inside the aircraft creates a total CF when unloading.  The AI just don't do well with it.  

Half the time someone dies while still inside (phantom heart attack?), and most of the time they can't get out fast enough and the pilot takes off, making them fall to their deaths.  I also often get stuck behind the door gunner, which is not good.  

Having them walk off the ramp looks cool...when it works.  But I think it causes too many problems to make it worth it.  Any chance of the previously-mentioned AI-friendly version (with a "get out" spot safely outside the aircraft)?

btw Gnat, I really love your work (god that sounds so Hollywood), going back to the old (OFP) days.  Keep it up.

edit: after more testing, its not strictly the AI that is the problem, because an all-AI squad has no problem. I think the problem is that the player can't get out smoothly enough and creates a traffic jam at the door. Then the AI get stuck and it all goes to hell.