Sign in to follow this  
paragraphic l

SLX MOD public release

Cooool stuff... yay.gifyay.gif but a little CPU intensive....

hey just watched slx trailer...i'm not able to land the chopper as in the trailer......it land the default BIS style.... banghead.gif

Can anyone help.... help.gif !!

I have ARMA installed in my D:\ drive, so I cant install the mod, it gives me an error, how can I go about fixing it?

I have ARMA installed in my D:\ drive, so I cant install the mod, it gives me an error, how can I go about fixing it?

Did you try changing the install route?

Hello,

Since Patch v1.14. When i start ArmA i've this Error Message :

5e9.png

See you

Got idea:

could it be possible to drag pontoons CRRC / PBX similar way to static weapons?

xmas_o.gifxmas_o.gifxmas_o.gif

I get the same as problem Exaercase,,plus lots of code in black with white writing at the top of screen ,,and some missing sound H something.

rgds

cuppa

ps.I put in the ;DBE1 seems to get rid of the code at the top of the screen but still have the NO ENTRY error .

will try @addons

Exaercase, Cuppa I had the same message...then I reinstalled the game, installed 1.08 (QG), after it 1.12 beta, and 1.14 after. I made a shortcut and gave the next parameters

-mod=beta;DBE1;@addons;@SLX

with this I don't have the error message again. If you still have the beta dir in your ArmA folder then I suggest to add the "beta" to the target line, should work.

second that bandares. Suggest you make it bold and cover it in flashing lights wink_o.gif

Great mod guys. Keep it up! Haven't tried MP yet though, will post back later, have to reinstall the game because of above bug. Thanks.

EDIT: I still get an error regarding the M1A1 Abrams optics or something when the game boots up after following your steps to a tee. How can I fix this? Oh and I don't have Queen's Gambit because I have no idea what it adds to the game, lol. Thanks...

I keep getting a

"No entry

'@SLX\bin\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/M1Abrams/Turrets/MainTurret/Turrets/CommanderOptics/ViewGunner.initAngleY'.

Any Idea how to get rid of this... its on the main screen when selecting game multiplayer etc....Cheers guys

The game works fine in MP too as far as I can tell. Those tracers and effects are a really nice addon in the game, congrats. Any way to enable cross hairs though? I'd really like to have some cross hairs.

The game works fine in MP too as far as I can tell. Those tracers and effects are a really nice addon in the game, congrats. Any way to enable cross hairs though? I'd really like to have some cross hairs.

Don't you read the thread? This has been addressed over and over and over again to the annoyance of messenger. The steps are provided in previous pages.

Alright, sorry. I checked the first 6 pages then just posted a reply asking. confused_o.gif

EDIT: I feel like a dumb-ass but I can't find that anywhere on these boards. A little help would be good.

Alright, sorry. I checked the first 6 pages then just posted a reply asking. confused_o.gif

EDIT: I feel like a dumb-ass but I can't find that anywhere on these boards. A little help would be good.

On top of this topic press "print topic" and search again (all posts will now be displayed on one page).

Anyone can find the needed info searching like that.

Anyone got an idea as to what causes the aimpoint 'tunnel' under SLX? Almost all non-BIS aimpoints and cobras seem to be affected. I had wondered if it was something to do with sights being lighter than the surrounding view?

second that bandares. Suggest you make it bold and cover it in flashing lights wink_o.gif

not a bad idea maybe I can silence some cry around rofl.gif

Ok for those still getting the message:

"No entry

'@SLX\bin\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/M1Abrams/Turrets/MainTurret/Turrets/CommanderOptics/ViewGunner.initAngleY'.

The game needs a beta (wether it's 1.09, 1.11 or 1.12) installed on Arma, and you have to write into the shortcut's target line the next:

-mod=beta;@SLX +any other mods you want to use...but the beta is neccesary to eliminate the error message

With this you won't get the error message again, I've just tested it

Have a good one!

not a bad idea maybe I can silence some cry around  rofl.gif

Ok for those still getting the message:

"No entry

The game needs a beta (wether it's 1.09, 1.11 or 1.12) installed on Arma, and you have to write into the shortcut's target line the next:

-mod=beta;@SLX   +any other mods you want to use...but the beta is neccesary to eliminate the error message

With this you won't get the error message again, I've just tested it

Have a good one!

OK, so does that mean you aren't running 1.14 then? Or does it just trick the game. I'd think it would actually activate the beta which I don't want for MP.

Thank you for the print screen search function El nino Foxhound.

The most recent is 2 pages back on page 23, posted by El Nino Foxhound on May 27 2008,06:14. There's plenty others also but if you can't find this one now, you are on your own.

i cannot run Start SLX.bat, when i try to get it to run i get.

Starting SLX for ArmA beta version

The system cannot find the path specified.

C:\Program Files\Atari\ArmA>

can anyone help me? the other bat files work fine.

Hello,

Since  Patch v1.14. When i start ArmA i've this Error Message :

http://img1.imagilive.com/0508/5e9.png

See you

That's an SLX vs. 1.14 compatibility issue. Not the 1.14 itself. I can't say I've notice any difference before with 1.12 and now though.

Speaking of which, I do notice that AIs don't like sitting in the commander seat anymore. They just bail out. Several times I had to pick them up after leaving the commander seat due to a switch of seat with them (from me being Commander to Driver for example)

I found the 'missing' aiming dot !

First un-pbo    slx_modweapons_c.pbo

Find the section <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class Rifle : RifleCore {

// SLX ADD : Access.

//// access=1;

autoFire = true;

reloadAction = "ManActReloadMagazine";

//soundContinuous = 0;

optics = false;

scope = protected;

**// cursor = "RifleCursor";

**// cursorAim = "\ca\Weapons\Data\w_weapon_S";

// SLX MOD : No crosshairs.

&& cursor="\ca\Weapons\Data\clear_empty";

&& cursorAim = "\ca\Weapons\Data\clear_empty";

value = 4;

//displayName = $STR_DN_RIFLE;

nameSound = "rifle";

//reloadTime = 0.15;

//modelOptics = "-";

//sound[] = {""};

//drysound[] = {"\ca\Weapons\Data\Sound\M16_cock_v1", 0.000316228, 1};

// //reloadsound[] = {"", 1, 1};

REMOVE the **//

COMMENT IN the && with //

Now re-pbo the file eh voila !  SLX mod WITH aiming !

Enjoy.

[TAO] Kremator

EDIT  If you want the MG to have the aim dot then look for MGunCore and do the same thing as above.

What the hell? I have that section but there are no "*" or "&" sign anywhere to be spotted, and what do you mean when you say "REMOVE the **// COMMENT IN the && with //". That makes NO sense to me what-so-ever. Please help me, lol, I feel like such a newb. I'm usually pretty good at this kinda stuff. hell, I write code for Crysis.

What the hell? I have that section but there are no "*" or "&" sign anywhere to be spotted, and what do you mean when you say "REMOVE the **// COMMENT IN the && with //". That makes NO sense to me what-so-ever. Please help me, lol, I feel like such a newb. I'm usually pretty good at this kinda stuff. hell, I write code for Crysis.

oh my lord, Crysis? rly? ok then anyways

the "**" and "&&" characters does not actually exist in the real line of codes. it is not meant to be taken literally, the "**" and "&&" are meant to be used as a marker on the quoted section of codes, it is meant to assist you in pointing what section of the code that needs to be edited. this markers are not commonly used or practiced by coders, it is meant to assist the "casual" coders of the world lol. and fortunately casual coders, despite their lack of coding skills usually compensate with their superior common sense.

so, whenever you see a **// on the quoted section of code you need to remove the // on your section of code.

and

whenever you see a && on the quoted section of code you need to add a // on your section of code.

the "//" it self is a code segment comment function for C++, but of course you know this already right?

OK, so does that mean you aren't running 1.14 then? Or does it just trick the game. I'd think it would actually activate the beta which I don't want for MP.

It writes ver 1.14 in the index, and to me it seems it's version 1.14 running. So I think I just tricked the game and the mod at the same time wink_o.gif

oh my lord, Crysis? rly? ok then anyways

the "**" and "&&" characters does not actually exist in the real line of codes. it is not meant to be taken literally, the "**" and "&&" are meant to be used as a marker on the quoted section of codes, it is meant to assist you in pointing what section of the code that needs to be edited. this markers are not commonly used or practiced by coders, it is meant to assist the "casual" coders of the world lol. and fortunately casual coders, despite their lack of coding skills usually compensate with their superior common sense.

so, whenever you see a **// on the quoted section of code you need to remove the // on your section of code.

and  

whenever you see a && on the quoted section of code you need to add a // on your section of code.

the "//" it self  is a code segment comment function for C++, but of course you know this already right?

Ah, thank you VERY much. My teacher never used that, good to know. I've actually made a game with C++ before and it's hosted on www.addictinggames.com. I gave them full rights to it though so some other sites might have it as well, I have no idea. Oh and if it involves common sense leave me out of it crazy_o.gif . Thank you again.

EDIT: What's wrong with Crysis? icon_rolleyes.gif

EDIT2: OK, I've gotten the crosshairs to pop up for everyhting but the grenade launcher, vehicles, and rocket launchers. I've taken the liberty of experimenting a little and turned every crosshair area in the coding to follow his example, not just the two he stated. Now the helicopter gun crosshair is there but the other vehicle crosshairs are still gone. How can I enable all crosshairs?

PS: The infantry crosshair is way different than it was, there's only one line rather than one, and it's off center it seems.

LOL .... gimme a break. I found out how to enable crosshairs on rifles and MGs, surely you can do the rest smile_o.gif

[TAO] Kremator