Sign in to follow this  
paragraphic l

SLX MOD public release

GL3 Features:

AI routines roughly follow Sun Tzu's "The Art of War." Calculations measuring strength: Morale (strength, skill of leaders, backup, etc), Weather(bad weather affects things, like aircraft and munitions), Terrain (higher altitude versus enemy = tactical advantage), Skill (of leaders, backup, units), Amount of Reinforcements/Support (supplies, arty, air, nearby squads, etc). Flow like water: Flow to low places(fight weak squads), stay and watch slightly higher places(wait and see), run away from high places(fall back and find a weaker spot).

Is this featured in the GL3 for arma? Because I read nothing of this for the arma version.

Comrade12: Yes, it is in ArmA GL3, sorry, I guess I forgot to include the SLX_GL3 readme in the main file when I was trying to quickly write up all of the features of everything the day before I had to stop development. ArmA GL3 should be about functionally equal to OFP GL3, the only changes should be bug fixes, added features, better MP compatibility, and a complete overhaul for optimization and comments. I think the only thing missing is the artillery features.

Awsome thanks. Those features just set ofp and arma from any other game I have played. biggrin_o.gif

I've made a small network service addon and converted some of the SLX addons to use it. Mr Groch might be working on doing VehicleEffects and Wounds. I also included a config fix that might stop that startup error.

If anyone can, please test these addons and see if there are any problems in long MP games with joining. Maybe try playing Warfare on a passworded server and then have some people join in during the game, and make sure that the server and everyone joining has SLX_VehicleEffects.pbo and SLX_Wounds.pbo removed since they aren't converted yet.

The download link is on the bug tracker, please give feedback there:

http://www.slx.ahaportal.com/mantis/view.php?id=232

Also if anyone can provide a POP3 or SMTP email account for the bug tracker to enable new logins and bug email updates please email me at Solus.SLX at gmail.com. Thank you!

Ok i have 2 questions. First is i changed wounds sqs to make the bodies dismember but they dont and secondly my guys dont moan in pain when severely injured. any help?

The download link is on the bug tracker, please give feedback there:

http://www.slx.ahaportal.com/mantis/view.php?id=232

Hmmm. isn't it overriding Bin\config.cpp? That should be "forbidden", as most of the features provided there (f. e. words and radio protocol) could or even should be stored in addons (not 100% sure, but I'm gonna check it out myself) - there's possibility of overriding BIS fixes stored in newer config (like action menu priorities).

I hope that next version will be as much "bin\config-free" as possible smile_o.gif

I've tested with making as much of the SLX main config as possible into addons and I think most of it works, but the biggest pains are going to be the animations and CfgVehicles since they both rely heavily on removing things so they can inherit from other classes without the new data being added. In addons the parts that are supposed to be inherited get added by other addons and have to be added to the sub-classes to overwrite the other addon's data, which is a huge amount of work.

For example, almost all of my movement animation classes remove the connectFrom, connectTo, InterpolateFrom, InterpolateTo settings and use the Interpolations class for smoother animations. The settings are inherited from the parent classes and are not allowed to be added by addons, but when the animation classes are moved to an addon the anims.pbo config adds all of those settings and messes everything up.

The solutions I can think of are either keeping just the SLX animation classes in the main config and updating as necessary or replacing anims.pbo to allow another addon to define the animations. I don't know how modifying anims.pbo will affect the signature, or if resigning the file will work ok.

Maybe just create replacing .pbo using $PBOPREFIX$ [ca\anims] file and sign it as your own addon ?smile_o.gif

Guys I need help badly. I would like to have the bodies dismember when hit. I changed the velocity<11 or w/e it was repbo'd it and it still doesnt work. Also guys dont lie on the ground and moan when severely hit they just die like regular arma. Please guys I love this mod and I want it to work like it should.

Okay, SLX MP with Join In Progress should work completely now. I've converted all SLX addons to use the netcode addon, and the MP Warfare mission seems to work well with other players joining after a while of playing.

SLX Mod MP Patch 1.01

zGuba: I'll mess around with the PBOPREFIX file later and see if I can get it working.

devgru: Try reinstalling the mod. If you want to change something then keep trying to figure things out until do it. Have fun, good luck!

I was able to download it from filefront but the archive contains an extra archive with the same (or almost) files, but the included archive sometimes has newer files in it, sometimes older and some different huh.gif

Not sure what to do with this now, could you maybe check the archive?

Also I saw it contains no readme but I figure its just to replace (overwrite) all old files?

still can not download it only appears that message

Your download has failed. There were no available download servers.

Click here to try your download again. Click here to try your download again.

help.gif

Has it got more complitable with warfare?

would be great if you guys could look into whats causing error messages there if you haven't.

But im not gonna nag too much about it tounge2.gif

Thanks Stavanger!

sparks50: It should be compatible with Warfare and other persistent missions and there shouldn't be any error messages.

Please report all bugs to the bug tracker: http://SLX.ahaportal.com

how can i get the mod running under 1.14?

run i run the bat file it just shows a black window then the window dissapears

Open Start SLX.bat with a text editor like notepad and replace everything in there with this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">@ECHO off

cls

echo Starting SLX for ArmA

echo.

cd ..

arma.exe -nosplash -mod=DBE1;@addons;@SLX

Then try running the .bat

Also I set up a dedicated server with Warfare and it seems to be running fine even after a couple hours, and rejoining the game in progress works too.

I have a problem with this mod. I'm using 1.14 and Arma Effects by MaddMatt. When I launch Arma, after several minutes it just crashes. I can do anything, play mission, edit, or just sit in menu doing nothing. I'm launching ArmA from the Start SLX.bat and I edited it like Solus said. I was trying to launch it from normal exe, but the effect was same.

PS. I downloaded & applied MP patch, but I still get error on startup.

Assasin93: I don't have any ideas as to what the problem could be in SLX, maybe it's just ArmA on your computer. My computer used to overheat in the summer while play testing SLX which caused visual glitches and crashes, although I have a slow computer and SLX has been optimized a lot more since then.

I LOVE SLX GUYS...However! with this new patch it runs fine for a little bit untill this script error occurs:

slxerroryo2.jpg

Now heres the story me and my mates use DAC and host it on a non-dedicated server (just run it from NEW in mulitplayer menu) and when and sometimes before this error ever shows up it lags, it causes absolute desync when the Error occurs but lags partially with my mates before sometimes. NOW! we tried this on a dedicated server hosted by my mate and guess what, same things happen. Then we thought maybe the general desync is DAC related, with assumptions being right, we tried running a non-script heavy mission and initial or partial lag was GONE! HOWEVER, Further into game THAT^^^^ error occurs again on all players computers then *BANG!* server begins to desync and was holding like that for..well we quit after 5 minutes.

Could you please assist us with this problem or is it SLX related we installed SLX from scratch and also the patch was installed properly we cant do anything about this.