Sign in to follow this  
Nicholas Bell

Schmalfelden, Germany Map

Yep you really should sign it, dont worry though, its fast and easy, I even belive you can do it while the addon is packed.

try here for info

Tutorial on Creating the key

Quote[/b] ]

How to Make a Tag

To create your own tag, choose a combination of 3, 4 or 5 alphanumeric upper-case characters. The first character must be a letter. Check through the list here to make sure no-one else already has the tag you want.

Four and five letter tags must be followed by an underscore. Three letter tags may be followed by an underscore if desired. For example:

* SNY_MyAddon.pbo

* SNYMyAddon.pbo

* OFPEC_MyAddon.pbo

If you don't use an underscore after a three letter tag, you should not use any underscores in the following identifier. In other words, SNYMyVariable and SNY_My_Variable are fine, but SNYMy_Variable should be avoided, because someone may wish to register SNYMY as a tag.

PBO Signatures

In Armed Assault, there is a method of verifying addon integrity through signed PBOs, which uses a key system. Jerry Hopper added the signed PBO keys into the OFPEC tag system so there is a central location for all keys. We currently hold 69 public keys.

Once you have your OFPEC tag registered, you should create a Public and Private key. Use the DSCreatekey.exe to generate this. Once you have your Public key, upload it to your OFPEC Tag account.

With the Private key you can sign your addons, and the Public keys can be downloaded by server owners to ensure addons are 100% genuine.

* DSCreate Key

* Tutorial on Creating the key

OFPEC Tags

Thanks for the help - I could not have figured it out just on the BIKI info. Jerry Hoppers tutorial was excellent.

UPDATE POSTED

Versions .94, .94HV and .94 XHV, and signature files posted at bottom of first thread here:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....1240365

Here are images to help understand the various versions:

HV=Heavy Vegetation

XHV=Extra Heavy Vegetation

V.94 Normal Woodline Exterior View

v94Ext.jpg

V.94 HV and XHV Woodline Exterior View

V94HVExt.jpg

V.94 Normal Woodline Interior View

V94Int2.jpg

V.94 HV Woodline Interior View

V94HVInt2.jpg

V.94 XHV Woodline Interior View

V94XHVInt2.jpg

Marvellous. Giving it a spin.

EDIT - Damn, XHV is lovely inside the forests, but I had to drop my viewdistance a little, as expected. I'll try HV to see whether the difference is very palpable.

Stealth ambush here we come! notworthy.gif

I really hope you can get things working to have all 3 versions loaded to be able choose in the editor sad_o.gifthumbs-up.gif

Frontpaged at the Armaholic.com homepage.

The Armaholic.com download page for Schmalfelden - normal can be found here

The Armaholic.com download page for  Schmalfelden - Heavy Vegetation (HV) can be found here.

The Armaholic.com download page for  Schmalfelden - Extra Heavy Vegetation (XHV) can be found here.

Excellent work Nicholas!

I took the liberty of checking your signatures against the public key: all three island variants validate just fine. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I really hope you can get things working to have all 3 versions loaded to be able choose in the editor

So do I! I am running into serious problems with doing this - one would think it would be a simple affair. Alas, nothing is simple. sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I took the liberty of checking your signatures against the public key: all three island variants validate just fine.

MadDogX - thank you for taking the time to do this. I was worried I might have screwed up the process.

XHV in the forest is awesome. I had some very tense battles, with the enemy almost on top of me. Had to drop view distance to about 2300 to keep things very smooth but is worth it. Great job on the map.

Of course, if the mission is contained to forest areas you really don't need to have the visibility range set high. And if it causes too much lag, drop back and use either the "plain" version or the "Heavy Vegetation" version.

would be cool if someone would come up with a dynamic view distance addon for highly cluttered areas like the dreaded schmalfelden forests, similar to Myke's Dynamic Viewdistance (actually v2.1 supports viewdistance dependent on FPS. anyone tried that?)

Hi,

A note to mission makers, missions created using earlier versions of the island need some rework for v0.94. It appears that some object ID's in villages have received a different object ID which can break missions referencing the old object ID.

===

More extensive description of error situation and resolution:

When changing from V0.91 to the V0.94 I am encountering an error message on opening certain mission files, reading 'Mission <insert name of the mission here> contains bad link to a static object. Open it in the editor and save it again.'. Alt tabbing and deleting the Arma.rpt file to isolate the specific error messages results in an overview of certain objects not found. The object ID's mentioned do not always match object ID's for units, waypoints etc. in the mission.sqm files which would seem to point that at least some may refer to object ID's on the map itself. Resaving the mission under another name and then reloading it in the editor reduces the number of messages in the arma.rpt file (the disappeared messages being presumed to be related to objects on the map, with remaining messages directly related to the mission), but does not get rid of the error message displayed in the editor on loading the mission once again. These remaining error messages can to a large extent be traced back to waypoints of units entering houses. This can be resolved by removing the waypoints for the units involved and then creating them again.

Example of Arma.rpt directly related to loading a mission made using an earlier version of the island:

Quote[/b] ]Object id 8562dd22 (1314) not found in slot 91,43..Link cannot be resolved..Performance warning: Unsucessfull search for 191778 was very large (5160 m)..Object id 8542d787 (1927) not found in slot 90,42..Link cannot be resolved..Performance warning: Unsucessfull search for 294791 was very large (5160 m)..Object id 8542d787 (1927) not found in slot 90,42..Link cannot be resolved..Performance warning: Unsucessfull search for 294791 was very large (5160 m)..Object id 8562dd22 (1314) not found in slot 91,43..Link cannot be resolved..Performance warning: Unsucessfull search for 191778 was very large (5160 m)..Object id 8721cfcc (1996) not found in slot 57,57..Link cannot be resolved..Performance warning: Unsucessfull search for 120780 was very large (5160 m)..Object id 8721c7e9 (2025) not found in slot 56,57..Link cannot be resolved..Performance warning: Unsucessfull search for 120809 was very large (5160 m)..Object id 8701d00f (15) not found in slot 58,56..Link cannot be resolved..Performance warning: Unsucessfull search for 120847 was very large (5160 m)..Object id 8701cfec (2028) not found in slot 57,56..Link cannot be resolved..Performance warning: Unsucessfull search for 120812 was very large (5160 m)..Object id 8701cfff (2047) not found in slot 57,56..Link cannot be resolved..Performance warning: Unsucessfull search for 120831 was very large (5160 m)..Object id 8701cfec (2028) not found in slot 57,56..Link cannot be resolved..Performance warning: Unsucessfull search for 120812 was very large (5160 m)..Object id 8b013f89 (1929) not found in slot 39,88..Link cannot be resolved..Performance warning: Unsucessfull search for 294793 was very large (5160 m)..Object id 8b013795 (1941) not found in slot 38,88..Link cannot be resolved..Performance warning: Unsucessfull search for 294805 was very large (5160 m)..Object id 8b013795 (1941) not found in slot 38,88..Link cannot be resolved..Performance warning: Unsucessfull search for 294805 was very large (5160 m)..Object id 8b013788 (1928) not found in slot 38,88..Link cannot be resolved..Performance warning: Unsucessfull search for 294792 was very large (5160 m)..Object id 8b013788 (1928) not found in slot 38,88..Link cannot be resolved..Performance warning: Unsucessfull search for 294792 was very large (5160 m)..Object id 8b013f89 (1929) not found in slot 39,88..Link cannot be resolved..Performance warning: Unsucessfull search for 294793 was very large (5160 m)..Object id 8ac13b80 (896) not found in slot 39,86..Link cannot be resolved..Performance warning: Search for 37760: sil25.p3d was very large (400 m)..Object id 8ac13b7e (894) not found in slot 39,86..Link cannot be resolved..Performance warning: Search for 37758: sil10 100.p3d was very large (440 m)..Warning Message: Mission 'Unguided Tour (co10)' contains bad link to a static object. Open it in the editor and save it again...

Regards,

Sander

Quote[/b] ]I really hope you can get things working to have all 3 versions loaded to be able choose in the editor

Got this figured out...finally smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]XHV in the forest is awesome. I had some very tense battles, with the enemy almost on top of me. Had to drop view distance to about 2300 to keep things very smooth but is worth it.

Glad you are enjoying it. The amount of cover seems to be enough for the AI to use effectively without challenging the pathfinding routines too much. I swear the bastards went around my flank last night.

Quote[/b] ]would be cool if someone would come up with a dynamic view distance addon for highly cluttered areas like the dreaded schmalfelden forests,

I'm as dumb as a door knob when it comes to scripting and such, but I noticed in Mr-Murrays excellent guide there is a command "setviewdistance" which I think even I could figure out how to use in multiple triggers set in the woods. I have not tried the Dynamic Viewdistance addon yet, but that would be a more elegant way of handing the problem areas.

Quote[/b] ]A note to mission makers, missions created using earlier versions of the island need some rework for v0.94. It appears that some object ID's in villages have received a different object ID which can break missions referencing the old object ID.

Well that really stinks - sorry about that. A result of my continued efforts to get the buildings at the correct elevation and adding objects I suppose. Next version is going to be version 1.0 and hopefully that will be it. I am approaching total burnout on this project.

I have one thing about the fields:

Cars drive to fast on them. Because if you switch from field to field path, you slow down.

So please change the speed of the fields to a lower value than the streets.

Thanks

Quote[/b] ]I am approaching total burnout on this project.

you surely deserve a break, after all this terrific work you did on this masterpiece. with the correct (= bad ^^) weather it reminds me of my childhood days playing in the woods in northern germany. thanks again!!

Nicholas, take a break and play some Warfare on Schmalfelden biggrin_o.gif You are invited to play on our server, just leave me a message biggrin_o.gif It's a non-public server so there are no cheaters, lamers and base rapers.

Warfare on Schmalfelden rocks better than on Sahrani. Because of the terrain the fights become more intensive. I think in july I'll create a fictional borderland mission on it.

If I take I break I now I'll get too involved in some other project to ever get back. biggrin_o.gif Still planning on end of June "final" release. Hopefully I won't mess up anything. tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]I have one thing about the fields:

Cars drive to fast on them. Because if you switch from field to field path, you slow down.

So please change the speed of the fields to a lower value than the streets.

Yes, I finally figured this out and it is fixed. Still too much dust, and changing the values has no apparent effect.

In two hours time we are starting a MP campaign "Operation Mercury" where we have to transfer the defense minister to the border town where he'll try to calm down civilians. Southern neighbouring country policemen are entering on our soil and something big might happen soon... wink_o.gif

mercury_start.jpg

Excellent map! Its certainly one ill be converting my Quarantine mission too some time soon. Then we can zombie hunt in a more temperate climate!