Sign in to follow this  
EricM

MI 24 : Who wants it ?

RH that Yellow Stinger Camo looks awsome. I mean I would hate playing online in a PVP

and having to be on the other team of that machine. biggrin_o.gif

TBH I didnt have any clue what it would look like, but now I know. That looks great.

You can see on quite a few pictures that many paint schemes are pretty shiny under bright sun, like this one for instance from a few pages before:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Czech-Republic--/Mil-Mi-24V/1192337/M/

Note that, on this one, it's not even a super sunny day...

I like it shiny, it make the small details stand out more in the normal map and you feel like it's really made of metal. Plus it's quite realistic here, even if slightly exagerated for eye candy purpose.

Edit : bye the way, I did a skin inspired with that camo...

Hello folks!

first I want to say that you guys are doing an outstanding job on this hind!

@RH will the 'freaky yellow' camo be included? because I think it would be just awesome for some kind of 'mysterious mercs faction' a la Act Of War. And another question, will you do a Mi35, like the venuzuelan variant, yout know this half hind half havoc?

@Hunter: lol, that brings back memories! I can still remember playing 'Hind', especially the afghan campaigns first mission, bombing that small village with napalm while listnening to Judas Priest,.... rofl.gif

sorry if it sounds a bit weird, blame it on Beck's whistle.gif

Hello folks!

first I want to say that you guys are doing an outstanding job on this hind!

@RH will the 'freaky yellow' camo be included? because I think it would be just awesome for some kind of 'mysterious mercs faction' a la Act Of War. And another question, will you do a Mi35, like the venuzuelan variant, yout know this half hind half havoc?

@Hunter: lol, that brings back memories! I can still remember playing 'Hind', especially the afghan campaigns first mission, bombing that small village with napalm while listnening to Judas Priest,.... rofl.gif

sorry if it sounds a bit weird, blame it on Beck's  whistle.gif

The Stinger Yellow hind looks like something a PMC might fly? *wink* Its just awsome looking.

THX guys  biggrin_o.gif

If EricM/RockofSL release full proper pack , i got plan to do Mi-35 and russian black Mi-35M , in outside will be not much work ,but cockpit will be alot harder to do  crazy_o.gif

@IceBreakr

Don't worry, it will be too wink_o.gif

Here's another crazy paint job for the Hind smile_o.gif

That one was alreasy requested I believe

Thanks for the pictures.

*shakes head*

They're using the wrong kind of paint.

I guess when you're a Hind, you WANT to be seen. Helps scare people off. nener.gif

Lol we need a Piped Hind, Gold Plated Blades, Neons, & a bright Purple Paintjob.

Anybody in for a slovak hind?

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/1314/800pxslovakiapresov454cs0.jpg

How is he gona make a paint job from that pic lol..

and why in the world do people still use image shack.. its soo slow and doesnt let you hotlink orsomething and sometimes the pics dont load...

2 maza94

U are half right ,but that hind is poland ,but not whole green version as requested wink_o.gif

Well, I originally decided against showing too much WIP stuff but then i again, why not? biggrin_o.gif

render42xe0.jpg

Very elemental rendering, no special materials or stuff.

OOOh love the Mil-28! smile_o.gif

What a mean machine is that helo, hope you raleasing it soon smile_o.gif Very good job on textures smile_o.gif

OOOh love the Mil-28! smile_o.gif

What a mean machine is that helo, hope you raleasing it soon smile_o.gif Very good job on textures smile_o.gif

Thanks!

Since Rock from RKSL and EricM volunteered to help the possibility of getting this bird ingame soon-ish increased by a lot. I'm kinda happy with the main model now (it has been even further updated since this last pic) so I can move on to LODs and cockpit. Hopefully, it won't take too long!

Also, a cookie to anyone who can find more pictures of the venezuelan Mi28. There was one picture on fav-club but I don't speak spanish and I don't get the site, perhaps somebody has any more resources?

68974188wi2.th.png

...the tought of a Mi-28N and Mi-35M2 flying together in ArmA is mouth-watering indeed smile_o.gif

PS. Sorry for the thread hijack Eric huh.gif

Are those two models the same size in comparison! crazy_o.gif

Didnt realise the Mi28 was so big! wow_o.gif

cool wip shot though! Looking very nice!

But the Mi-24 is still longer than Mi-28 wink_o.gif

Mi-24's length is 17,5m and of mi-28's 17,01m.

The pics are bit shitty but here

mi24sks.jpg

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">http://www.maydown.co.uk/pages/041_1958_RJa.htm

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">http://www.maydown.co.uk/pages/041_1956_RJa.htm

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">http://www.richard-seaman.com/Aircraft/AirShows/Ciaf2006/Highlights/SlovakHindHeadOn.jpg

Really looking forward to both of these projects! Seems as though they'll be well made too, not just eye-candy.

Just out of curiosity...what's that box-looking thing on the outer hardpoint in the pic of the Venezuelan Mi-28?

The box is the subject of much debate between me and Rock, we are thinking that it is used to transport an unfortunate mechanic or two smile_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

No but seriously it is probably (based solely on speculation) used to ferry tools or spare parts to and from different test sites, not likely that it's somekind of weapons dispenser as it is way too bulky for that, plus there are already KMGU dispensers avaliable which look nothing like that.