Sign in to follow this  
Mark XIII (DayZ)

Hifi Sound FX V1.00 Released

I read his post when it came out and I honestly think he was just trying to be sarcastic towards the poster on the previous page although I can see how it could be taken otherwise.

Oh well, back to minding my own business and keep up the great work smile_o.gif

Hi Mark

I am also English, and i am proud this excellent sound mod is done by an Englishman. You can hold your head up high and be proud of what you have added to this grateful community.

And you can ignore the stupidity of some of the immature, ungrateful and selfish people that are floating around the forum. I do, they make me roll over and i just can't stop myself. They make me reaslise how happy i am. biggrin_o.gif

I'm also glad you are considering ArmA 2, but lets hope their sounds don't suck so much eh. Mind you lets hope it does so you can improve on it. biggrin_o.gif  

Anyway my English friend, whatever you do or decide we will all support you and be thankful for your free time and effort, and most importantly, your contribution.

Thankyou my friend. For making ArmA much more enjoyable.  notworthy.gif

I didn't suck up too much did i mark?  inlove.gif

Jon  wink_o.gif

PS

I forgot, it's my 39th birthday next wednesday so i expect cards from everyone please. Or beers if you have any!

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class M168 : CannonCore {

sound[] = {"\HiFi_sounds\h\m168_vs", 30.0, 1};

reloadSound[] = {"\HiFi_sounds\s_short\mgair_vrb", 0.04162, soundBurst = 0; 1};

};

looks like copy-paste bug wink_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

reloadSound[] = {"\HiFi_sounds\s_short\mgair_vrb", 0.04162, 1};

soundBurst = 0;

};

Copy-find equivalent-paste smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]after having a week of dodgy BS going on around HiFi you did manage to 'help' me close the thread & you certainly didn't help give 1.6 CPR with your lacklustre, delayed apology.

Might I point out mark that I PM'd you right away when thread got locked, and CC'd to "W0lle" the moderator, no one replied to my PM at all (which explained it was a complete parody joke against the people who WERE pissing you off .. IE "jeez cant we just all steel from each other, whats the issue!?" kind of sarcasm), the PM was ignored (but marked as read a  day later). You could have simply said all what you just posted in the PM keeping it out of the thread as I wanted. I only bothered to post again once I realised it was back open again and saw more posts toward mine (to explain myself), and that was far after I PM'd you with no reply.

Me thinks your milking it my friend, as they say in the UK "turn it in". Don't tar me with the same brush, PM'ing is better than public slag offs, as you can see I tried to fix things by explaining myself both here and a PM, and if Im a troll of some sort then why would I take those steps in the first place?

PS - Ive just downloaded the update, good work (see, even after all this rather lame blame I still like your mod). If you dont make another or an update, thats your issue .. not mine or anyone elses no matter what there points might be (and mine was a joke always was a joke, nothing more than a joke, a joke read wrong .. granted, and I really like the mod .. figure that one out   ) confused_o.gif

Anyways enough said on the matter, good luck with what your next plans are, very interested in who starts fiddling with audio when Arma2 arrives as the audio engine for that looks (sounds) sweet . inlove.gif

PS: Froggylove.. thanks mate that's exactly what my post was, and nothing more.

zGuba

Quote[/b] ]Code Sample  

reloadSound[] = {"\HiFi_sounds\s_short\mgair_vrb", 0.04162, soundBurst = 0; 1};

};

looks like copy-paste bug

Code Sample  

soundBurst = 0;

};

Copy-find equivalent-paste

Thankyou brother  notworthy.gif

I'll update the configs and send them Jman as soon as I can, dang shame that, thought I'd got it down....lol..nevermind

Law-Giver

Quote[/b] ]I'm also glad you are considering ArmA 2, but lets hope their sounds don't suck so much eh. Mind you lets hope it does so you can improve on it.

hehehe, I know what you mean matey, I heard all the excitement over these chopper sounds that had been released, so i went and listened myself...1st thing I thought of was battlefield 2. From the way they've split the sounds up ie, startup/running/shutdown it looks to me like a marginal sound engine upgrade, like I stated earlier, BF2 had a similar system so is it a 'true' advancement..hmm, I guess we'll find out later.. On the actual chopper sounds themselves, well, I guess nice & clean, although, I've stood a distance from a chopper starting up/taking off, and it didn't sounds like that, very dirty sound, plus the once the engine really kicks in you get the evil downwash of the air sound popping at the ol eardrums smile_o.gif

So, if all the sounds in Arma 2 are so 'clean' I'll be looking to fix that for sure  wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I didn't suck up too much did i mark?  inlove.gif

LOL, no mate, thanks, its always nice to hear such good things...I'll try & post you a beer for your Birthday!

froggyluv

Quote[/b] ]I read his post when it came out and I honestly think he was just trying to be sarcastic towards the poster on the previous page although I can see how it could be taken otherwise.

The thing is, everyone here will have an opinion on this particular post and you are rightfully entitled to yours my friend as much as the next man, what I'd like everyone to keep in mind is this, 'think before you post, and at least go to the effort of reading a few pages back' it could save us all alot of BS...speaking of which.

mrcash2009

Good cop/Bad cop, I'm happy being either buddy. I mean, come on now I'm the bad guy? I'm 'milking it' ?

Quote[/b] ]

Mark XIII

So If you have any sense, go enjoy what remains of hifi, you say you like it, so maybe stick to playing it & not posting BS on my thread

sometimes, when you say stuff, you cannot take it back, this would be one of those occasions. I figured you'd have got the message, I'm not going to speak of this again coz its a waste of my time to be honest. This thread is for HiFi, not moaning or taking the p*ss. So keep posting mate, I'm sure you'll get an audience, just not from me...

Afterall, If I'm here I'm not editing HiFi am I  biggrin_o.gif  

Keep on Rockin in the FREE world

Mark XIII 'sometimes the badcop'

w00t!!11

Looking forward to hear this one!

Just waiting for the "correct" version

Such a Great sound mod, love the work Mark. MP5 is my Fav gun and both that and the SD version just sound so great, thx again.

Thanks Jman for getting hifi onto the web & zGuba for finding the bug, virtual beers on me !

Best Regards

Mark XIII

Thanks Jman for getting onto the web & zGuba for finding the bug, virtual beers on me !

Best Regards

Mark XIII

<long, loud and rude sound of gastronomical satisfaction> yay.gif

warfare config still contains 'typos'

incorrect

Quote[/b] ]

reloadSound[] = {"[\HiFi_sounds\s_short\m24_rb", 0.0003162, 1};

correct

reloadSound[] = {"\HiFi_sounds\s_short\m24_rb", 0.0003162, 1};

from my previous fixes e.g.

here was path wrong (no such one in s_short)

Quote[/b] ]

class AZP85 : CannonCore {

sound[] = {"\HiFi_sounds\h\azp85_vs", db32, 1};

soundBurst = 0;

};

fixed

class AZP85 : CannonCore {

sound[] = {"\HiFi_sounds\h\azp85_vs", db32, 1};

reloadSound[] = {"\HiFi_sounds\s\mgair_vrb", 0.04162, 1};

soundBurst = 0;

};

i hope that's all smile_o.gif

also in warfare config it seems the helicopter sound loudness was unchanged compared to normal config changes ...

for

class UH60MG : Helicopter from 80 to 50

and

class KA50 : Helicopter from 70 to 35

then incorrect (sound missing)

Quote[/b] ]

class B_30mm_AP : BulletBase {

soundHit1[] = {"\HiFi_sounds\e\kabmp_APex", 25.6684, 1};

soundHit2[] = {"\HiFi_sounds\e\kabmp_APex2", 20.6684, 1};

supersonicCrackNear[] = {"\HiFi_sounds\c\apc_bucn", 10.618, 1};

supersonicCrackFar[] = {"\HiFi_sounds\c\apc_bucf", 5.814, 1};

hitGround[] = {"soundHit1", 0.5, "soundHit2", 0.5};

};

class B_30mm_HE : BulletBase {

soundHit1[] = {"\HiFi_sounds\e\kabmp_HEex", 28.6684, 1};

soundHit2[] = {"\HiFi_sounds\e\kabmp_HEex2", 25.6684, 1};

};

correct (sound exist)

class B_30mm_AP : BulletBase {

soundHit1[] = {"\HiFi_sounds\e\kabmp_ex", 25.6684, 1};

soundHit2[] = {"\HiFi_sounds\e\kabmp_ex2", 20.6684, 1};

};

class B_30mm_HE : BulletBase {

soundHit1[] = {"\HiFi_sounds\e\kabmp_ex", 28.6684, 1};

soundHit2[] = {"\HiFi_sounds\e\kabmp_ex2", 25.6684, 1};

};

Hey Mark!

Awesome soundmod you got here mate. I have a suggestion. I was going to do this myself to see if it was possible, but XAM got it done before me and it does sound damn f-ing hot. We all want jets to rumble our speakers when they flyby and XAM guys did it.

Now i beg of you sir, can you test this and see if you can make it as well and get it into your allready awesome soundmod? I take it its a whole recording being played out as they pass. Check youtube link.

Link:

Best regards

Alex

strange i just used warfare config from 1.53rc3 and i get WarfareAce fightbackround ...

is that normal ? cause i don't want to hear non existant battle ...

also that seagul sound is now playing in nerve breaking loop like each 2-3seconds .... and it really breaks the 'natural' feeling

IGNORE THIS POST

Nice to see you're still keeping up the good work in those times.

About the tank sounds, they're improved but still they aren't very convincing to me. I would even say the M1A1 turbine engine sounds like the T-72 diesel engine should and vice versa.

I know that you don't want to copy from the old OFP Dynamic Range without permission and sadly no one from the old creators is writing me back.

But please, I'll make a zip of their old M1A1/T-72 sound files and PM a link, so hopefully you would listen to them. Just to get an idea of what I would be aiming for.

From my real life experience I can assure you that at least the included tank diesel sounds are realistic and of high quality. So i guess they achieved the same for the turbine sound.

Heya, real quick coz I got like 5 minutes..

Dwarden

Quote[/b] ]strange i just used warfare config from 1.53rc3 and i get WarfareAce fightbackround ...

Mate this is seriously odd, I've never had this issue before, I suggest redownloading this, Jman & I have both checked through the configs, theres no reason for this to be occuring..I think maybe its corrupted?!?, to check this, just open 1.5 config & warfare config, then compare the sound paths under the class CfgEnvSounds..

should read:

{"\HiFi_sounds\c\ for both hifi 1.5 & Warfare

Only WarfareACE uses {"\HiFi_sounds\c_short\ for the combat ambience.

Hope that helps some.

Quote[/b] ]also that seagul sound is now playing in nerve breaking loop like each 2-3seconds

Oh dear, does anyone else have this issue? this sounds very strange to me, sounds like some samples are mashed up. Can you guys let me know the score, is this the only case, or do we have abig problem?

Let me know

Best Regards

Mark XIII

hmm i was probably too tired and swapped the configs while comparing file to file so please ignore that last part about:

- helicopters db values

- the enviromental 'background'

really sorry once more smile_o.gif

but rest of the report still valid (e.g. class AZP85 : CannonCore one)

Hi Mark XIII,

at first I like to thank you for this really great Sound Mod! My favourite one at the moment.

But I can confirm the 'seagul loop bug' Dwarden has reported. It seems that it is only in the Warfare ACE config.

I have recorded the sound on Sarani at Pita on the Lighthouse.

Here you can hear what it sounds like.

Ok, quickly again...sorry (busy as hell)

Kaltrasierer

Quote[/b] ]at first I like to thank you for this really great Sound Mod! My favourite one at the moment.

But I can confirm the 'seagul loop bug' Dwarden has reported. It seems that it is only in the Warfare ACE config.

I have recorded the sound on Sarani at Pita on the Lighthouse.

Glad you like it thanks alot getting back to me so fast mate, and with an audio clip too, give this man a beer, or a gold star (age dependent... nener.gif

Ok, consider this fixed, just went through it with Jman, It shall hopefully be sorted/uploaded by tomorrow evening/night. Hope you guys are ok with the constant stream of updates, remember though, I did say I wanted to get this perfect.

..also, sorry for not getting back to some of the other guys that have posted. I'm against the clock with afew other things at the minute but as soon as I can, I'll get right on it.

Till the next time, have a good en

Best Regards

Mark XIII

P.s BIG THANKS to Dwarden for the list of Bugs/fixes, really appreciated mate!

Thanks for all your work, this sound mod is pretty impressive. smile_o.gif

The M16A4 Acog has a different semi-automatic sound than M16A4, M16A4 GL, M16A4 GL Acog... anyone else notice this???

HiFiFX 1.5r4 by Mark XIII

FIXES:

- m24_rb reloadSound. Config typo fixed.

- class AZP85 CannonCore. Config typo fixed.

- Warfare config: UH60MG Helicopter loudness changed from 80 to 50 inline with WarfareACE & 1.5 configs.

- Warfare config: KA50 Helicopter loudness changed from 70 to 35 inline with WarfareACE & 1.5 configs.

- class B_30mm_AP BulletBase, missing sound files added.

- Seagul loop bug fixed.

Download the full readme here

DOWNLOAD HiFi 1.5r4 HERE

@ layne_suhr:

MarkXIII informs me that the M16A4 Acog semi-automatic sound is not a different sound it's just a different trail off to make the game sound more atmospheric.

Heya!

Well guys, hopefully we're coming to an end with finding bugs. We are trying to get this version of hifi 'on the money' so all you guys get to appreciate it wether it's singleplayer or online...and regardless of your machines capabilities.

I'd say its worth trying this version out, because its the least buggy yet (thanks again all you guys whom have posted bugs & fixes, also, thanks again Jman, saving the day is becoming this guys dayjob!wink_o.gif )

yeah like I was saying, with this version being less buggy is great for everyone but we need you guys to test it fully to make sure its all good biggrin_o.gif

ahh while we're on about bugs & stuff

layne_suhr

Quote[/b] ]The M16A4 Acog has a different semi-automatic sound than M16A4, M16A4 GL, M16A4 GL Acog... anyone else notice this???

Heya mate, nice to see you over here again! anyways, I think Jman answered the question earlier but I'll explain alittle more. Here goes;

The burst fire sound for the M16A4Acg is using the same burst fire sound as the m16A4. Thats why it sounds alittle different, although all I changed between the m16A4 series were trailoffs.

Hope that helps some biggrin_o.gif

Trapper

Quote[/b] ]I know that you don't want to copy from the old OFP Dynamic Range without permission and sadly no one from the old creators is writing me back.

But please, I'll make a zip of their old M1A1/T-72 sound files and PM a link, so hopefully you would listen to them. Just to get an idea of what I would be aiming for.

Thanks mate, this is the sort of input that really helps me & ultimately you with getting the sounds right, I'm happy you appreciate my 'copyright issues rofl.gif ', and I have downloaded them for reference at a later date..Cheers again

Well If I've missed you out, I'm sorry I'm alittle pushed for time right now.

But I shall be back!

Enjoy !!!

Mark XIII