Sign in to follow this  
roberthammer

Some official guns from 1.08 are removed

Hello All ,

Yestarday i was searching for one config in weapons3.pbo and i can't believed my eyes when i founded a some official guns inv pics ,but some new like XM-8's , C-mag , Colt M1911 , AKM , Bizon and some shotguns like Saiga and Xm1014 ! crazy_o.gif

Heres only inv pics of those new BIS weapons :

untitled6be8.jpg

untitled1xx0.jpg

These inv pics are inside of weapons3.pbo ,but only the inv pics , no models or textures of these guns sad_o.gif

Now the question : Where are those weapons now? It will be in Final Patch? Or in Arma 2?  huh.gif

Nice find.

My guess is they were planned for release but then got abandoned. AFAIK there are no plans for new weapon content in the final patch but what do I know, let's wait and see. smile_o.gif

plenty of things hidden in all the files. I found a UAZ police car fully textured, lodded and its even got a model.cfg all written, just required a very small config addition to make it work (i.e. referencing the stock UAZ)

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class CfgPatches

{

class BIS_Forgotten_Items

{

units[] = {UAZ_Police};

weapons[] = {};

requiredVersion = 0.10;

requiredAddons[] = {CAData,CACharacters,CAWeapons,CASounds,CA_Anims_Char,CAweapons3_aks74pso,CAweapons3_ksvk,

CAweapons3_m107};

};

};

class cfgvehicles

{

class Land;

class LandVehicle : Land

class Car: LandVehicle {};

class UAZMG: Car {};

class UAZ: UAZMG {};

class UAZ_Police: UAZ

{

model=\ca\wheeled\uaz_police;

displayName="UAZ Police";

scope = public;

};

};

very nice dinky little thing.

Guest Ti0n3r

Too bad they scrapped them :/ Those are all some pretty interesting weapons. Some of them would have been useful for Resistance styled missions sad_o.gif

Man, those XM8's look sweet!

Maybe someone will make some XM8's for arma soon, only one can dream.. confused_o.gif

Those XM8's can be seen in an ArmA 2 video. 'Weapons3.pbo' was added in a patch (along with the Euro release of ArmA). I think some of the additional content was originally made for ArmA 2.

Just like the Su-34 that was added in 1.04 of ArmA can be seen in some 'Game 2' screens from 2005.

Too bad they didn't accidentally leave the models and textures for those weapons in there too tounge2.gif

plenty of things hidden in all the files. I found a UAZ police car fully textured, lodded and its even got a model.cfg all written, just required a very small config addition to make it work (i.e. referencing the stock UAZ)

It seems they added it in the latest beta patch (not sure which one though): polxe3.th.jpg

There are aswell some little hints in language stringtable like ak-74u kobra or m4 holosight (eotech).

I'm not a modder/programmer but i wonder why they don't strip-off such leftovers before making patches available....

Regards, Christian

Of course one (of the usual complainers) must start bitching about even such minor stuff.

Easy explained: As enduser you're not supposed to fool around with the addons files and browse them for leftovers. So why they should spent time on browsing each and every pbo file for something that hasn't made it into the game. icon_rolleyes.gif

Yeah it does seem kinda of untidy and slack if they dont plan to release them, to leave files/code behind.

But i guess this happens in other games and applications too.

However, I hope BI can actually deliver us this stuff. I have been wanting to use a shotgun in game.

It seems they added it in the latest beta patch (not sure which one though): [im]http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/6286/polxe3.th.jpg[/img]

There are aswell some little hints in language stringtable like ak-74u kobra or m4 holosight (eotech).

ah, I've been stuck on 1.08 waiting for a full patch rather than a beta, so not noticed it

Of course one (of the usual complainers) must start bitching about even such minor stuff.

Easy explained: As enduser you're not supposed to fool around with the addons files and browse them for leftovers. So why they should spent time on browsing each and every pbo file for something that hasn't made it into the game. icon_rolleyes.gif

Umm.. one would think this is plenty obvious. Optimization and bug-removal. Makes one wonder what the source code looks like.

Basic troubleshooting is to remove any excess material. But if the source material is a mess in the first place, this makes tracing errors that much harder.

In any case this example is a minor thing, and a cool find to boot! I'd definitely love to see xm8s fielded by the American forces. Regardless of realism.

*cheers*

If you mean me, well... icon_rolleyes.gif

I didn't complained with my sentence, i just asked a QUESTION.... If you can't understand english properly then you should lern it....

Wolle, i'm even not a complainer anymore, i'm now a believer tounge2.gif

So please strip me out from the "usual complainers" list - please wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Easy explained: As enduser you're not supposed to fool around with the addons files and browse them for leftovers. So why they should spent time on browsing each and every pbo file for something that hasn't made it into the game. icon_rolleyes.gif

Thats rather a answer i want to read to my question. Makes sense actually.....

So you think these leftovers are some kind of accidents?

My point i was trying to say is that maybe these are no accidents like you trying to say, maybe they are willful "lost" there as some sort of teaser for Arma2/Final Patch, because BIS knows that the addon/modders will find it sooner or later....

Nice theory, isn't it? whistle.gif

Regards, Christian

There are leftovers in many other games, OFP had them too. Anyone remembers the MLOD model of the CH-47 they forgot to remove from the pbo.? wink_o.gif

If these leftovers would cause trouble with the addon, then of course they should be removed but they don't. The only problem is that they waste some more kB or MB.

See it the other way: If they wouldn't be there then we now would not have the Police UAZ.

Why I now think a lot of people are extremely busy ripping the pbo files apart... smile_o.gif

Shame because ArmA could of done with some extra gats.

miracles still may happen whistle.gif

awsome! Hope they add those weapons in next patch! xmas_o.gif

idon't know, they can't have left that many files around like that, i can't believe it.. there is a answer out there... ( insert the X-files theme song here ) maybe in a month or maybe 3 but i think there will be a answer coming our way maybe.

I was wondering if Bis would put in any extra content into Arma like they did for ofp and for ofp resistance. smile_o.gif

Wish for some extra vehicles too inlove.gif

Would it be possible for an addon maker to use these models in his or her work and have it still be legal? I am curious as to what BIS' standpoint is on unreleased official content...

idon't know, they can't have left that many files around like that, i can't believe it

Why not? There is other stuff like some animal configging(Rabbits IIRC) that has been there since release and just didnt make it in.

awesome find.

BIS always has a lot of surprises.

Not really new, there is lots of stuff ranging from these weapon pictures to the Milicia UAZ and Police Landrover, the textures of RPGs with Tandem warheads or SPG-9 recoilless rifle ( model is also there ).

Would have loved to see the Bizon and some of the other weaps in the official game.

At least the SPG-9 should make a apearance in Project85 thanks to Mecha Stalin.

As good as any game has some leftovers in it, most tiem we just dont notice because we cant open all games files.

Stalker also had a good few things that were later reactivated by the community.

QUESTION.... If you can't understand english properly then you should lern it....

You should learn it too.

On a side note, most of these missing items will more than likely show their faces in thrid party addons in one form or another in time. Granted, it is a shame they were abandoned from the main release, but asmost of those weapons don't see formal service with the US military, and its unlikely the SLA/RACs would have access to weapons such as the XM8, then its not too unreasonable for them to have been left out.

I think BIS abandoned this project for one reason - They must make something new into ArmAII