Sign in to follow this  
Nikoo

1.12 beta patch troubleshooting thread

You will only be able to find that out due to the process of elimanation, and creating a reproducable situation.

just making sure it wasn't just a server lag issue...I've waited until now to post.

When I'm not the driver in a MP game on EVO, unable to exit the veh as a passenger until the driver exits, I change position to driver, then I am able to exit the HUMMV.

This is 1.12 with Evolution QG map.

follow up to smiley. This did not happen to me in 1.11

just making sure it wasn't just a server lag issue...I've waited until now to post.

When I'm not the driver in a MP game on EVO, unable to exit the veh as a passenger until the driver exits, I change position to driver, then I am able to exit the HUMMV.

This is 1.12 with Evolution QG map.

That happened me with 1.11, I think its QG based ? havent come accross it yet with 1.12

We had four 1.12 server crashes (access violation) in 24 hours. *sigh*

Now we are back to 1.09 (again sad_o.gif)

Minidump available.

Xeno

Please could you send us the minidump?

The easiest would be to email it at support@bistudio.com plus pm me here on the forums so I know you sent it.

Hi chaps

Just tested it out in single player.

I haven't had any major problems previously with any of the patches in terms of performance but 1.12 has really made the game feel like it's stuck in treacle for me.

It feels slow and sluggish whilst playing ( I could have sworn it had almost halved my frames) yet when I tested with fraps it reports the same fps I had with 1.08 and all the previous beta patches!

I switched back to 1.08 and 1.11 to test and got the same frame rates as usual but both felt twice as fast/smooth compared to 1.12.

(I use the begining of the 'destroy the convoy' sp mission to test performance fps wise,frame rate is usually 39-41fps....it feels like 20 with 1.12.)

I don't have any add ons installed for the beta btw, it's got me well and truely stumped.

Specs:

Win XP home +SP2

2 x 7900gto in SLI

AMD FX57

Asus A8N32 sli deluxe

Nvidia 169.44 Drivers

It feels slow and sluggish whilst playing ( I could have sworn it had almost halved my frames) yet when I tested with fraps it reports the same fps I had with 1.08 and all the previous beta patches!

Just a guess here but could it be due to the new FOV? I had a friend saying the same thing when he first tried out 1.12 Beta. With the lower default FOV it feels like you are moving slower but thats just an illusion.

Try dubbeltap your "numpad -" key to get max FOV and see if it feels any different.

The good news is that FOV is user customisable http://community.bistudio.com/wiki....FOV.29.

The bad news is that it somehow affects the clock/compass/notepad/GPS objects on the map screen and makes them very hard to select and move around.

/KC

Had this on arma.rpt like zillion times and then ArmA crashed.

Quote[/b] ]Error: CreateVertexBuffer 8876017c (D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY); VID: alloc 236246168, limit 2147483647, free: local 511705088, nonlocal 1878603776, virt. 803323904, virt longest 292749312

What has happend since 1.11beta? It was almost perfect. No problems. Now all kind of problems with 1.12beta. People complaining on server about videomemory problems again. And why on earth FOV was changed. There was already addons for that.

Vista64 SP1, 8800GT 512, 4Gb, E6600

I just got a strange crash (error windows message popup) and it was on the domination map. Never crash with windows error message before on other map :P

Also i get video memory leak, sometimes texture not loading, sometime the game suddenly running very slow.. (i am using 3500m view distance).

Once i do a flush all is back to normal. I get this problem since 1.12

Please could you send us the minidump?

The easiest would be to email it at support@bistudio.com plus pm me here on the forums so I know you sent it.

Sent it to support@bistudio.com.

Subject: Xeno: Crash Minidump ArmA Server 1.12beta

Thank you for looking into this.

Xeno

Just a guess here but could it be due to the new FOV? I had a friend saying the same thing when he first tried out 1.12 Beta. With the lower default FOV it feels like you are moving slower but thats just an illusion.

Try dubbeltap your "numpad -" key to get max FOV and see if it feels any different.

The good news is that FOV is user customisable http://community.bistudio.com/wiki....FOV.29.

The bad news is that it somehow affects the clock/compass/notepad/GPS objects on the map screen and makes them very hard to select and move around.

Hey thanks Keycat,I've just tried your suggestion and now it feels like it did with the 1.08/1.11 beta patches.

You were spot on with your guess matey,when double tapping the "num pad -" key it zoomed out with a fish eye lens type view.....not ideal but its definately alot smoother,I'm sure a bit of tinkering will get it back to normal.

I'm just wondering if the fov change is such a good idea.When I fired up 1.12 for the first time I noticed the new fov straightaway but didnt mind it....until I started to move around then my fps appeared to be in the 20's.

As Keycat has said it gives the 'illusion' of degraded performance to certain users ,my only concern is if this appears in the final patch it may put off players who don't read these type of forums and find themselves with (illusionary) terrible low frame rates.

Lets face it,the fov in Arma wasn't at the top of the list of problems with the community.

It seems to be a change that on the surface doesnt appear to be a big deal but could potentially make alot of people who 'aren't in the know' just give up on arma....and none of us want that,out of 10 years of online gaming I've never had such an enjoyable time playing any game as I do ArmA and I would hate to see new peeps not being able to play this great game because of a tweak in the fov that may give them the impression their pcs can't handle it.

Cheers again Keycat smile_o.gif

GLENNY

I've had a few crashes with the new beta, a couple of polite ones with 'ArmA has had to close' but another couple where the program froze for a few seconds, the screen went black and then a low res image of one of the tree models, seen from three sides, appears appears on the screen. The screen was split into four quarters with a view of the tree model in three of the panes. Weird or what?

Alt tabbing to desktop shows all is well in windows and returning to ArmA and I'm back into the game but artifacts are flashing across the view and things are very slow. Tried flushing but no difference. All temps are normal and the GFX isn't even breathing hard.

Gonna try the maxmem command now....

Win XP SP2

AMD64 x2 on DFI Ultra D with 2Gb DDR

8800GTS 320 with 174.74 drivers

SB audigy

1.12 has been remarkably stable for me as in 1.11 was getting random crashes (vista 32, 8800gts). My fps seem consistant with both 1.09 and 1.11.

However, what the heck is with the ka50 and erratic air to air missles? Provided quite the suprise flying at in an av8 watching this insane smoke trail heading for me.

The ah6 seems to have no dispersion when firing the miniguns.....just seesm to be laser of death. Not really sure if thats intentional.

Have noticed the flashing screen and slow loading of textures as well.

Oh ya it seems the drivers of the strikers are blind to enemy. they can be standing right in front of the thing and not be spotted.

I (recently) have a new little problem with ArmA 1.12b that don't happen with 1.08 :

I double-click on the 1.12b shortcut, it loads the first checkbox, freeze the computer for around 10-20 seconds, then is ok to play.

Once inside the MP menu, as I want to leave it, same happens here, 10-20s freezing.

It doesn't happen in window mode, and doesn't happen with 1.08, windowed or not.

It seems, as far as my memory goes (tadaaa...) that it's since I played with Nvidia panel tweaks. I have latest drivers, I changed the screen "compatibility mode", but I don't know what to do to put it back OK.

Not killing me, but almost hitting my nerves when my winamp stop playing (what, you have winamp as you're playin' ArmA ? - Yes, testing graph settings !)

Here is my report ! rofl.gif

Amazing HDR problems and stuttering in game every 5 secs nothing to do with my set-up I know that for a fact.

Processor: Intel® Core™2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.4GHz

Memory: 4gb 8500 1066mhz

Hard Drive: 1 TB Total raid 0

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 640mb x2

Sound Card: Speakers (Creative SB X-Fi)

Speakers/Headphones: 5.1 surround

Keyboard: USB Root Hub

Mouse: USB Root Hub

Operating System: Windows Vistaâ„¢ Ultimate 64bit (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_gdr.070828-1515)

Amazing HDR problems and stuttering in game every 5 secs nothing to do with my set-up I know that for a fact.

Operating System: Windows Vistaâ„¢ Ultimate 64bit (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_gdr.070828-1515)

You tried the latest nvidia betas 174.85 vista 64bit?

Worked for me,solved the stuttering...got them @guru3d.com

heya, i get worse performance since 1.12b, in terms of the time it takes to load textures (which im not sure but seems that textures closer to me load slower), but mostly in terms of just lower fps

specs -

CPU Intel Celeron R (3.08 ghz)

2GB RAM

GFX NVidia 8600GT

XP

support pack 2

You tried the latest nvidia betas 174.85 vista 64bit?

Worked for me,solved the stuttering...got them @guru3d.com

I don't really like trying beta drivers but I will give it a shot and report back, thanks for the reply.

edit* Them drivers fixed the stuttering but HDR is still a problem.

I'm having the same slowdown with the 1.12 patch, my systems not exactly slow and with the 1.11 patch (which i love) i had the view distance near max (4km +) on 1600 x 1200 with max settings.

The 1.12 patch has cause severe lag in almost every instance even when reducing the view distance to 2km (it has fixed alot of LOD issues though, think everythings constanly on LOD 0.00; the reason i think this that even at a 5km view distance the lod of objects don't change when i zoom in on distant objects).

I don't know if the lack of tree growth when i zoom in (we all know what it looks like) is a major bug fix or a new major bug lol.

My systems specs:

CPU: Amd 4400+ X2 @ 2.8 ghz

RAM: 3GB @ 400mhz

HD: 1.8 TB total (500gb spare on arma drive)

GPU: BFG 8800GT OC2 (factory overclocked)

SND: Creative SB X-Fi Music @ EAX 5.1 Surround

1.12 won't start on my PC, I get the following message: 'This application has failed to start becase IFC22.dll was not found.' It's for the iFeel TouchSence Logitech mouse, which I don't have, but I installed the missing .dll file anyway, but it still gives me the same error even after reinstalling ArmA 1.08, then re-applying the beta patch. I'm running Vista 64.

It's because you aren't using the beta shortcut.

Look inside your ArmA folder, you will find the generated shortcut.

If you want to create your own shortcut, edit its properties and change the "start in" parameter to "x:\ArmA\"

JIP is Borken with 1.12b seems when there is lots of players in game and players join it tottaly locks the server up tottally un playble having people joining in progress in large MP games worked much better before thats forsure

JIP is Borken with 1.12b seems when there is lots of players in game and players join it tottaly locks the server up tottally un playble having people joining in progress in large MP games worked much better before thats forsure

this is probably about the server config and filechecks in the config.