Sign in to follow this  
mechastalin

BTR-70

Release is delayed due to many stupid little bugs which I don't really have the drive to work on as hard as I should be at the moment.

best things come to those that wait welcome.gif

Opinions on possible beta release to let the community see if they can fix the problems? I want to get the hard work out and appreciated.

Opinions on possible beta release to let the community see if they can fix the problems? I want to get the hard work out and appreciated.

Ready for a beta test, if needed wink_o.gif

I vote you give it to people who know what they're doing with it. For example, I wouldn't give it to me, cause I don't know diddly-shite about vehicles.

I'd give it to ACE to straighten up, but be sure to mention that you'd like it back for a standalone release. Well, since you're an ACE dev I'll just say that's my .02AUD.

Absolutely, I am sure that community will bring you the best info about problems. wink_o.gif

Absolutely, I am sure that community will bring you the best info about problems. wink_o.gif

+1

I'd say do it publicly. Of course, there may be a bit of bias in that statement. biggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

IMHO it may be the quickest route to fixing the problem. You could always beta test it in ACE but would it be addressed right away or only after others in the queue? You guys probably have enough to test with ACE, just give the community a little project and focus on the current ACE project list.

That's my feeling on the matter. biggrin_o.gif

Mech

Wld47 and I would be happy to look at it for you....Just PM me or Wld47 and we can take a gander at it. Between us I bet we'll get it back to you pretty quick.

Lamar

Yup. He recently mentioned there are some little bugs that need to be ironed out and he is seeking feedback from the community on the prospects of a public beta test. This is just my hunch, but I imagine he's got worldly matters that need attending so time is at a premium atm. On the other hand, he's gotta be itching to share his work with the community so a public beta may be the best option.

Interesting pending of course. wink_o.gif Unfortunately and at least publicly, there really wasn't many that gave feedback. If it was me I would've asked ACE, etc. by now. There's no question, if a Mod like that was willing to help with the testing, that it would be in good hands and would be tested and released in a timely manor.

If he hasn't decided on the beta testing yet, I hope some more community members will see this and provide a few more thoughts. I got some time on my hands over the next few days and I'd be more then happy to assist. Christ by the looks of the WIP pics, he's got to have a ton of hours in to this at this point. I'd be happy to offer some hours of my own.

I say he should release it, there are many smart folks out there, who would surely help him iron out any bugs in this addon. But

that's just my 2c wink_o.gif

I need to get the fixed versions from ACE. But I've been very busy. Once they've done that I can release what I have done so far.

For example, what countries use BTR-70? I saw some in Finnish armor-museum, but it had russian markings. so at least russia, what other countries? well, game S.T.A.L.K.E.R... ukraine. any other? smile_o.gif and do you have ANY sort of ETA for the release? whistle.gif

For example, what countries use BTR-70? I saw some in Finnish armor-museum, but it had russian markings. so at least russia, what other countries? well, game S.T.A.L.K.E.R... ukraine.  any other?  smile_o.gif  and do you have ANY sort of ETA for the release?  whistle.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BTR-70

check the operators list....

Mech

Wld47 and I would be happy to look at it for you....Just PM me or Wld47 and we can take a gander at it. Between us I bet we'll get it back to you pretty quick.

Lamar

ditto

Any more progress on this mecha?

Cant wait to use it in my coop missions.

Cheers

GC

Any more progress on this mecha?

Cant wait to use it in my coop missions.

Cheers

GC

4 posts above yours... "I need to get the fixed versions from ACE. But I've been very busy. Once they've done that I can release what I have done so far."

You probably already read it but I wanted to point it out just in case.

Yes i read it, Posted on the 29th June. Yesterday being the 17th July. So as its nearly 3 weeks diff, i thought i would ask him. If thats ok?

Cheers

GC

I have some free time and am trying to get in contact with ACE again, but they switched to Skype and its proving tricky. if I dont get in touch in a few days I'll just PBO up what I have on my HDD and upload it for the community to finish.

Again? Christ, what's the matter with you. Just send PM's if you want to know about all these projects so damn bad.

Nice to hear from you about this, this always looked like nice addition to me. Thanks for the post. smile_o.gif

Good work mate - I'm sure whatever leaves your HDD will be great.

I know from experience the Project Racs guys could help finish/polish this beast if needed.

Tahnks again for all your hard work.

Southy