Sign in to follow this  
mechastalin

BTR-70

Pics pics pics smile_o.gif

Great work so far, hope you'll give it some custom new turrets too wink_o.gif

I plan to model a Kliver somewhere down the line, it'll find its way onto the BRDM-2, BMD-1, and BTRs.

GSC didn't make things easy for you, did they.

If you clone stamp out the numbers then retangentalize the nm it might get the numbers out without much artifacting.

GSC didn't make things easy for you, did they.

If you clone stamp out the numbers then retangentalize the nm it might get the numbers out without much artifacting.

Yeah, luckily the numbers are in a pretty flat area of the material map, so editing them should be easy.

Heres the clean texture set with matching normal and spec maps.

BTR70new.jpg

Looks much better now smile_o.gif

Thank you MechaStalin ! Do you believe this is nearly complete ? whistle.gif

Malick

Personaly I like the beaten up version better it`s a simply spray paint job on the clean version to me...

I would suggest using the beaten up version wheel or atleast the tire, also on the clean version wink_o.gif

btw the numbers saying 118 ...here it says 811...just noticing it and not that it matters biggrin_o.gif

I have to put in vote for the beaten up version as well.

It just looks great, more character.

Not to mention will look good in any drawn out war or Apocalyptic background. Or even a current day situation where many senarios are going to be about small ex-soviet satellites using old or poorly maintained hardware. wink_o.gif

Both versions will be included of course.

I have found lots of information on 2S14 tank killer on BTR-70 chassis, so I may be including that.

I have found lots of information on 2S14 tank killer on BTR-70 chassis, so I may be including that.

Sorry for my ignorance, can you give us more information on that vehicle ? Is it equipped with a gun or missiles ?

Malick

Sorry for my ignorance, can you give us more information on that vehicle ? Is it equipped with a gun or missiles ?

Malick

It has a turret with an 84mm cannon.

Dampers now working on all but one wheel, I'm not entirely sure why only one does not work though. I'll probably need to have someone take a look at it.

BTRdamper.jpg

Will you be doing a SLA version, or just ruskie?

Looks a bit wierd to have SLA units fighting along side units with russian markings.

Thinking of the Mi24 and the Map MAZ trucks just released.

good work btw,

Cheers

GC

There aren't many Russian marking on this vehicle, especially on beat up version. So it should fit in nicely.

Great work so far on this MechaStalin.  wink_o.gif

Not sure yet if these were deployed by the Cubans in Angola , but it might really come in handy to our mod as well once released.

I'd like to ask a favour / make a suggestion if you don't mind:

Maybe you can place the soldiers riding shotgun on top in the "chopper seating" position instead of the "infantry vehicle seating" position like we did on our Bushwars Puma. It looks more realistic / relaxed than the soldiers sitting with their legs together. I'll add a picture to explain my point and it's entirely up to you.

puma_cr.jpg

Good luck with the progress and keep us updated  thumbs-up.gif

Sweet!  thumbs-up.gif  

"Sweet"? It looks thoroughly ridiculous! Try sitting on

anything like that and see how long you stay on - never

mind a humpity-bumpity armoured truck. If anything, I'd try

the "sit down" anim on the top of the deck rather than this

weird looking perching posture.

Looks wery good. Is it possibel too make the crew on the BTR like in the movie 9 rota. Seating in front of the BTR and holding too the gun. If u saw the movie u will now what i m tolking. If now nerev maynd it look cool like it is. I hope u will relise it soon.

Keep up the great work.

Sweet! thumbs-up.gif

"Sweet"? It looks thoroughly ridiculous! Try sitting on

anything like that and see how long you stay on - never

mind a humpity-bumpity armoured truck. If anything, I'd try

the "sit down" anim on the top of the deck rather than this

weird looking perching posture.

I agree. Lots of people try to have infantry sticking out of stuff in ArmA, but more often than not it just looks ridiculous. Look at those guys in the helicopter above. What is keeping them in the door at that extreme banking angle? I remember a screen shot of a Toyota hilux where the add on maker had cargo seats sitting on the rim of the bed. You have to take into account that these vehicles often will drive at their top speed in ArmA, and over rough terrain too!