Sign in to follow this  
mazza

Enhanced Configuration System

This mod is excellent and I've played using it from the day it was released but i haven't seen much suppressing fire action or the AI being pinned down by it.

Will keep my eye out.

like you won't believe it, buddy!

AI sees you peeking outta the window, they just start pissing bad news down your way, until they run out of ammo into your window; the worst are 4x4 with mounted MG. We use TrueRange mod in conjunction with ECS on our server. I still haven't figured out whether the long range engaging by AI happens due to TruerRange or ECS. But we were shot at from beyond 300 meters - just constantly hear zip, zip by your ear smile_o.gif; and you can't even see them or figure out where it's coming from.

This mod is excellent and I've played using it from the day it was released but i haven't seen much suppressing fire action or the AI being pinned down by it.

Will keep my eye out.

like you won't believe it, buddy!

AI sees you peeking outta the window, they just start pissing bad news down your way, until they run out of ammo into your window; the worst are 4x4 with mounted MG. We use TrueRange mod in conjunction with ECS on our server. I still haven't figured out whether the long range engaging by AI happens due to TruerRange or ECS. But we were shot at from beyond 300 meters - just constantly hear zip, zip by your ear smile_o.gif; and you can't even see them or figure out where it's coming from.

Sounds great. maybe I've disabled my suppressing fire setting or something. I'll try the 4x4 with MG and see if that does it!

Do AI react to suppressing fire too and hit the dirt/ be afraid to stand/ aim poorly/ flee?

no, AI is a bit dumb and still runs like headless chickens under fire or hit the ground right in the open. But they do return supressive fire fairly viciously & use fire movement maneuvers.

Our mod combo needs to go through thorough testing on the server. But we were reeling from our last night session! We were supressed with everything, 4x4 MGs (hummer), machinegun & rifle fire, hand grenades, AGL APCs. On top of that they were trying to flush us outta the building CQB style, by going up the stairs and clearing the room. So you don't feel safe in buildings anymore in ArmA.

It might be the combination of 3 factors: TrueRange mod, ECS, and AI intelligence setting brought up to maximum in Difficulty settings. We are still playing on the 1.08 patch level. Given 1.11 patch promised AI improvements it might be even more challenging in the future.

Love the mod guys.

This from a regular mission on SIMHQ

"It was the first or second mission we played. We were all in a courtyard surrounded by other buildings. SOmething was picking us off one by one and no one really new where it was coming from. I stuck my head out around a corner a got plucked between the eyes, so I was dead watching the last 4 or 5 guys try to finish the mission. The remaining squad members all walked out on the street, heard some shots and got down on the ground. About that time an AI OPFOR came walking out on the roof across the street from where they were and gently dropped a grenade right into the middle of them. BOOOOOM mission over. I have never seen AI sneak out on a roof before. It was great and I was laughing so hard on Teamspeak."

Same incident,

I was watching it also from segal perspective. Three man team taking cover behind building with two covering front, and one covering back. I see AI approach behind that building ....get into the building and drop a perfect nade right between friendlies. No one was expecting that.

Thanks for making the game so much more....everything.

I would also just like to say, as a member of SimHQ, thank you for your hard work, and keep it up!

I love this mod!!! Although the sounds could use some work and have included Aircraft sounds, it is wicked!!! inlove.gif

I was playing Operation Sahrani on the GSA server and for some reason i kept getting killed by a mysterious arty/missile that kept hitting my M1A1 and only M1A1's in one spot.. most likely a mission error or a long distance D-30 just putting it out there though (spot was on the intersection on the road that leads to the Paraiso Church.

Love this addon and the sounds are very unique, the MG's could use a grunt and an echo wouldn't hurt, currently the MG's sound like a M4 or M16 on full auto confused_o.gif

Oorah for ECS biggrin_o.gifpistols.gif

I hope AI improvements will continue, as I see them as the major point of this mod.

does anyone else have any issues with bleeding and online servers?

the problem is ive changed my local ecs.hpp files to switch off bleeding, but joining a MP server seems to switch the bleeding back on. This is on servers that are NOT running ecs.

In a MP game scenario does ECS resort to using default settings if a server ecs.hpp file is not present? as it gets pretty tedious when a bullet scratches your plane and you have to land to stop your profuse bleeding :/

an issue compounded by the ARMAs AI aiming for the pilot of a vehicle.. and not the vehicles themselves.

the problem is ive changed my local ecs.hpp files to switch off bleeding

The setting to enable/disable bleeding is not part of the ECS_local config file. It's in the ECS_public file. Setting number 5 (for the player), and 6 (for the AIs)

See here for details: ECS Team Website - ECS Settings Table

but joining a MP server seems to switch the bleeding back on. This is on servers that are NOT running ecs.

In a MP game scenario does ECS resort to using default settings if a server ecs.hpp file is not present? as it gets pretty tedious when a bullet scratches your plane and you have to land to stop your profuse bleeding :/

an issue compounded by the ARMAs AI aiming for the pilot of a vehicle.. and not the vehicles themselves.

Everything has been explained already, you just need to read it:

ECS Team Website - Singleplayer vs. Multiplayer

In short:

In a MP game the ECS_public settings are being synchronised among all connected machines.

-   When the server is running ECS, then the server overwrites the ECS_public settings of all ECS clients with his own.

-   When ECS is not running on the server, then one of the clients running it becomes the ECS server,

and overwrites the public settings of all other ECS clients.

The ECS server among clients is chosen automaticly, depending on, who got most free resources.

ok thanks for the reply.

Quote[/b] ]The setting to enable/disable bleeding is not part of the ECS_local config file. It's in the ECS_public file.

I meant local as in the file on my PC, as opposed to a file on a server. I know which file/settings to change as otherwise the bleeding would still be occuring in SP mode no? smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]The ECS server among clients is chosen automaticly, depending on, who got most free resources.

Guess I missed this when reading your webby. So basically unless you connect to an ECS server you are never going to be sure what ECS settings are going to be forced on you? I guess the reason for this is client synchronisation. Ok. Least i know why this is occuring now. Cheers.

Just giving this modification my notworthy.gif

With 1.11beta and ECS. ArmA is starting to feel The game again.

I'm trying to run ECS 1.0.1.50 with the BIS official game patch 1.12. the game seems to work but I don't hear the radio comms. is ECS 1.0.1.50 even compatible with the latest BIS beta patch?

Thanks for all your efforts on the mod guys, this was much anticipated. thumbs-up.gif

Hello Variable.

Your ECS version is 10150 the current (non broken) ECS version is 10151. Get the current version (patch 10151) from the ECS website. And yes ECS is compatible all ArmA version.

Aslo read the ECS support forum for more informations about futur update.

Thank you.

I'm trying to run ECS 1.0.1.50 with the BIS official game patch 1.12. the game seems to work but I don't hear the radio comms. is ECS 1.0.1.50 even compatible with the latest BIS beta patch?

Thanks for all your efforts on the mod guys, this was much anticipated. thumbs-up.gif

Did you remove any of the ECS .pbo's? If not, remove the ECS_Quiet.pbo to get radio comms back

Check out the first post in the Realism and Immersion compilation thread. It does a beautiful job explaining ways to set up ECS for the best effects.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=72113

@ April 06 2008,15:37)]Hello Variable.

Your ECS version is 10150 the current (non broken) ECS version is 10151. Get the current version (patch 10151) from the ECS website. And yes ECS is compatible all ArmA version.

Aslo read the ECS support forum for more informations about futur update.

Thank you.

Joker and Manzilla thanks for your help. It's all working perfectly now. notworthy.gif

i like the mod, great work.

but how do i disable the voices but still keep the radio chatter?

Anyone experiencing extreme performance drops using zoom (scopes, zoom, binoculars) with ECS?

I know there is a general performance drop when zooming, but after we've installed ECS on both our clients and server its really awfull. Just south of Corazol last night, i had 45 FPS in normal view (medium blend details) and 8 measly FPS while sniping with a M24 towards the harbor..

Edit..

Also - in Singleplayer i've noticed that as soon as ECS initialization is complete, my view distance is forced to 1200m. How do i let this be defined by the view distance in the video options menu?

in @ECS/bin/ECS_local.hpp file

ECS_local7[] = {{2000,4000}};

2000m at 0 meter , up to 4000meter in air . it's a feature for enlarge viewdistance while flying .

Has anyone noticed any CTD's with this running the current patch? I've been crashing when I get set on fire and start to roll (don't ask, lol) and for instance theSeize the Base mission when I go to pick up another gun from the crate I get a CTD as well. sad_o.gif

Has anyone noticed any CTD's with this running the current patch? I've been crashing when I get set on fire and start to roll (don't ask, lol) and for instance theSeize the Base mission when I go to pick up another gun from the crate I get a CTD as well.  sad_o.gif

- What ArmA version?

- What ECS version?

- Are you using the original ECS files, or the modified ECS_core.pbo?

- Did you load any other addons with ECS, if yes name those

- If you got other addons loaded which use XEH, did you use Themis?

- Take a look into your ArmA error report file \Documents and Settings\<username>\local settings\application data\arma\arma.rpt  

It should tell you when something is going wrong in your game, and what is causing the trouble.

How do I get ECS to work on a dedicated server using addons? It always displays an error that the first addon in the mission is missing. We're running the latest version and themis. I tried using the tweaked core.pbo a few posts back and its dead.

Edit: I had patched the server incorrectly.

I'm running ArmA with the current patch version along with Queen's Gambit. As far as ECS goes, I'm using the current HD version with the patch and Themis. Only thing I "disabled" via Disabled folder in the addon client-side is the Quiet pbo and the other file so I can use my sound pack (forgot the file name off hand at the moment, sorry).

Yes, I also load other addons along with ECS. The list is pretty big but to keep this post short, I'm using everything suggested in the Addon Compilation thread.

EDIT:

Ok I crashed again when I got set on fire. I went to the RPT file and scrolled to the bottom and found this:

Quote[/b] ]=======================================================

Date: 04/13/08 Time: 14:31:41

-------------------------------------------------------

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 0065903A

graphics: D3D9, Device: Radeon X1650 Series , Driver:ati2dvag.dll 6.14.10.6734

resolution: 1024x768x32

Addons:

DMSmokeEffects in dmsmokeeffects\, LoBo_BRDM2 in lobo_syrianbrdm\

NWD_Ballistics in nwd_ballistics\, SIX_Repl_Reloadtime in six_repl_reloadtime\

TrueNVGoggles in truenvgoggles\, Datsun_armed_DBE1 in CA\DBE1\datsun_armed\

Realistic_Designation in realistic_designation\, test_hamas in lobohizballah\

MatH_ArmAEffects in math_armaeffects\, MatH_Rain in math_rain\

NWD_G36_NarrowFOV in nwd_g36_narrowfov\, NWD_GLTD_EADisplay in nwd_gltd_eadisplay\

PKW_PMC in pkw_mercenary\, SIX_UI in six_ui\, SWAT_UNITS in swat\

SWAT_weapons in swat_weps\, ECS_Characters in ecs_characters\, ECS_RU in ecs_ru\

Zakladna_DBE1 in DBE1\Models_DBE1\zakladna\, CA_Hotfix in ca\hotfix\

DBE1 in CA\DBE1\

CMCD_USA_1ID_Infantry_REPLACEMENTS in CMCD_USA_1ID_Infantry_REPLACEMENTS\

FFAA_Armas in ffaa_armas_config\, LoBo_Mi17_MG in lobo_syrianhip\

LoBo_Ural in lobo_syriantruck\, NWD_ScopeFix in nwd_scopefix\, TR_OBJ in tr_obj\

ECS_CIV in ecs_civ\, ECS_RC_RU in ecs_rc_ru\, ECS_Sounds in ecs_sounds\

Desert in ca\desert\, CAIntroAnims in ca\introanims\

Extended_Fired_EventHandlers in extended_eventhandlers\, LoBo_T72 in lobo_t72\

NWD_ExtraBallistics in nwd_extraballistics\, NWD_M107_M8541 in nwd_m107_m8541\

NWD_RocketBallistics in nwd_rocketballistics\, RH_aks_109cfg in rh_aks_109cfg\

SIX_Markers in six_markers\, ECS_Air in ecs_air\, ECS_Misc in ecs_misc\

Roads_DBE1 in DBE1\Models_DBE1\roads\, Pila_DBE1 in DBE1\Models_DBE1\pila\

CASounds in ca\sounds\, MAP_Air in MAP_Air\, SIX_Repl_AIRange in SIX_Repl_AIRange\

TrueFovAccurate in truefov-accurate\, Themis in themis\

CA_Missions_Armory1 in ca\missions\armory1.intro\, DBE1_UI in CA\DBE1\ui\

Desert2_Buildings in ca\Desert2\build\, CAMiscUS in ca\miscUS\

CAweapons3_m107 in CA\weapons3\m107\

CAweapons3_m16a4_acg in CA\weapons3\m16a4_acg\, CAWheeled in ca\wheeled\

andy_mags in andy_mags\, Real_M136 in inko_real_m136x\, q11_jams in q11_jams\

ECS_Worlds in ecs_worlds\, UH60Desert in DBE1\Models_DBE1\uh60desert\

CA_Missions in ca\missions\, Desert2_Objects in ca\Desert2\objects\

CARoads in ca\roads\, CAWheeled3_TT650 in CA\wheeled3\tt650\

weapon_replacement_ak in weapon_replacement_ak\, rkta_f16 in lobof16\

LoBo_Syrian in lobo_aasyrian\, q11_realrof in q11_realrof\, SC9Signs in sc9signs\

Mercenary_DBE1 in DBE1\Models_DBE1\mercenary\, Models_DBE1 in DBE1\Models_DBE1\

Anims_DBE1 in DBE1\Models_DBE1\anims\

Prisoners_DBE1 in DBE1\Models_DBE1\prisoners\, NPCs_DBE1 in DBE1\Models_DBE1\npcs\

CAAir in ca\air\, CA_Anims in ca\anims\, SDP_Vehicles in sdp_vehicles\

cmcd_usa_1id_infantry in cmcd_usa_1id_infantry\, LoBo_SyrianAPC in lobo_syrianapc\

NWD_SightAdjustmentPlugin in nwd_sightadjustmentplugin\

NWD_TankModels in nwd_tankmodels\

PROPER_UI_Speedup_RscMapControl in PROPER_UI_Speedup_RscMapControl\

q11_recoils in q11_recoils\, RH_aks in rh_aks\, Sakakah in sakakah\

SIX_editorupdate in six_editorupdate\, SIX_Tracers in six_tracers\

TrueUI in trueui\, ECS_Animals in ecs_animals\

Kamenolom_DBE1 in DBE1\Models_DBE1\kamenolom\, Sara_dbe1 in DBE1\Sara_DBE1\

CAUI in ca\ui\, CAAnimals in CA\animals\

CA_desert2_Characters in ca\Desert2\characters\, CAWeapons in ca\weapons\

CAweapons3_m16a4 in CA\weapons3\m16a4\

CAWeapons3_ammocrates in CA\weapons3\ammocrates\, YBSM in ybsm_cfg\

weapon_replacement_mg in weapon_replacement_mg\

weapon_replacement_pistols in weapon_replacement_pistols\

weapon_replacement_smg in weapon_replacement_smg\

FFAA_Objetos in ffaa_objetos_config\, MAP_Misc in MAP_Misc\

meh_sak in sakakah\meh_sak\, ECS_RACS in ecs_racs\, ECS_US in ecs_us\

CAAir3_Su34 in CA\air3\su34\, CACharacters in ca\characters\

CA_CutSceneAnims in ca\cutSceneAnims\, DC3_DBE1 in CA\DBE1\dc3\

DBE1_Hotfix in ca\hotfix\dbe1\, CASigns in CA\signs\, CAFonts in ca\UIFonts\

CAweapons3_m16a4_gl in CA\weapons3\m16a4_gl\, CAWeapons3 in CA\weapons3\

CAWheeled3_M1030 in CA\wheeled3\m1030\, FFN_REPLACEMENT in ffn_replacement\

Fidelis_Marines in fidelis_marines\, LoBo_weapons in loboweapons\

test_soldat in lobo_aaunits\, LoBo_UAZMG in lobo_syrianjeep\

NWD_Rangefinder in nwd_rangefinder\, CAPlants in CA\plants\, SIX_Misc in six_misc\

ECS_RC_CIV in ecs_rc_civ\, ECS_RC_US in ecs_rc_us\

Vysilac_DBE1 in DBE1\Models_DBE1\vysilac\, CAAir3 in CA\air3\, CAMisc in ca\misc\

CAVoice in ca\voice\, hamas in hamas\, joh_marweap in joh_marweap\

MAP_Air_Weap in MAP_Air_weap\, NWD_7xBinoculars in nwd_7xbinoculars\

NWD_8xGTLDII in nwd_8xgtldii\, NWD_RealDispersion in nwd_realdispersion\

PKW_WEAPONS in pkw_weapons\, CAData in ca\, REBUS_EIweapons in REBUS_EIweapons\

RH_m4 in rh_m4\, SIX_Blood in six_blood\

SIX_Repl_AIAccuracy in six_repl_aiaccuracy\, SIX_Tools in six_tools\

TrueMovementSound in truemovementsound\, ECS_RC_RACS in ecs_rc_racs\

CA_QGClutterHotfix in ca\hotfix\qg\, CALanguage in ca\language\

CAWater in CA\water\, CAweapons3_aks74pso in CA\weapons3\aks74pso\

sky_replacement in sky_replacement\

weapon_replacement_m4m16 in weapon_replacement_m4m16\, DMHide in dmhide\

Extended_EventHandlers in extended_eventhandlers\

Extended_Init_EventHandlers in extended_eventhandlers\, idf_CH53 in idf_ch53\

SIX_Repl_WeaponSway in SIX_Repl_WeaponSway\

TrueCrosshairVeteran in truecrosshair-veteran\, TrueInGameUI in trueingameui\

ECS_Core in ecs_core\, ECS_SmokeShell in ecs_smokeshell\

ECS_Tracers in ecs_tracers\, HMMWV_DBE1 in DBE1\Models_DBE1\hmmwv_h1\

CA_Anims_Char in ca\anims\characters\, CATracked in ca\tracked\

CAweapons3_ksvk in CA\weapons3\ksvk\, SLX_Vehicles in slx_veh_c\

joh_usmc in joh_marines\, NWD_AK74_PSO1 in nwd_ak74_pso1\

NWD_TankBallistics in nwd_tankballistics\, Music_DBE1 in DBE1\Models_DBE1\music\

CAA10 in ca\a10\, Porto in ca\Desert2\, NWD_TankLoadout in nwd_tankloadout\

ploty_DBE1 in DBE1\Models_DBE1\ploty\, 6G30_DBE1 in CA\DBE1\6g30\, Sara in ca\sara\

CAWheeled3 in CA\wheeled3\, EA_Voice in eva\

PROPER_UI_Speedup_Gear in PROPER_UI_Speedup_Gear\, S_NVG in S_NVG\

Misc_DBE1 in DBE1\Models_DBE1\misc\, UI_DBE1 in DBE1\Models_DBE1\ui\

CA_Hotfix_vez_ropa in ca\hotfix\vez_ropa\, CABuildings in ca\buildings\

Hilux_armed_DBE1 in CA\DBE1\hilux_armed\, CARocks in Ca\Rocks\

CAweapons3_m16a4_acg_gl in CA\weapons3\m16a4_acg_gl\

Mods: CA;beta;DBE1;@ECS;@General;@Replacement;@YBSM

Distribution: 1293

Version 1.12.5252

Fault address: 0065903A 01:0025803A E:\Games\Atari\ArmA\beta\arma.exe

file:

world: Intro

Prev. code bytes: DD FF FF 8B 44 08 40 8B 4D F4 8B 49 08 8B 3C 81

Fault code bytes: 39 5F 18 89 5D EC 0F 8E D2 00 00 00 8B 4D EC 8B

Registers:

EAX:0000000C EBX:00000000

ECX:026CE998 EDX:00000001

ESI:02AF3A68 EDI:00000000

CS:EIP:001B:0065903A

SS:ESP:0023:0125D7EC EBP:0125FA80

DS:0023 ES:0023 FS:003B GS:0000

Flags:00010206

=======================================================

note: Minidump has been generated into the file C:\Documents and Settings\********\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA\arma.mdmp

Maybe someone can make heads or tails of this crashing?

oh well, that's going to be difficult to find the trouble maker among them...

@arma.rpt

the more interesting part of that file is the section right above the one that you've posted. Everything above the lines...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">=======================================================

Date: 04/13/08  Time: 14:31:41

-------------------------------------------------------

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 0065903A

graphics:  D3D9, Device: Radeon X1650 Series , Driver:ati2dvag.dll 6.14.10.6734

resolution:  1024x768x32

... up to where it says the first time:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">=====================================================================

== E:\ArmA\beta\arma.exe

=====================================================================

Exe version: Sat Apr 05 16:00:58 2008  build 1.12.5252

Post that section as well, please. Or we're not having any information on the actual error and are just guessing what the problem might be.

Another thing: Try the same mission, with the same Mods loaded again, but without ECS and see if ArmA is still crashing.

stingfish74   Posted: April 08 2008,22:44  

Quote[/b] ]but how do i disable the voices but still keep the radio chatter?  

Which radio chatter? you mean the vehicle sounds or the squad commands?

radio chatter: do nothing, ECS does them by default

squad commands: remove the ecs_quiet.pbo

Also check your ECS panel ingame, and the readme file.