Sign in to follow this  
mazza

Enhanced Configuration System

aussie dave

correct.

UNLESS joker updated it, E.C.S. was NOT RELEASED for 109 beta. it was released for 108. last i heard (again things may have changed) but he was not going to update it until 109 is completed and out. i have two different icons.

E.C.S. (108)

arma 109 beta.

dont mix the two..

Your wrong.. if you look at the change log it states..

Quote[/b] ]

==========

- updated: ECS_Armory for ArmA 109 compatibility. (client)

- updated: ECS_Core for ArmA 109 compatibility. (server & client)

smile_o.gif

hello,

the ECS mod is compatibale with the 109 arma client side and server side.

thank you for your time. Kryptonite! the ECS MOD TEAM.

One difference I did notice was that I get 'hickups' now ingame, when moving fast (say in a car or chopper) Once or twice every minute the screen freezes for about half a second.

Same. Also took a performance hit but I guess that's too be expected.

One difference I did notice was that I get 'hickups' now ingame, when moving fast (say in a car or chopper) Once or twice every minute the screen freezes for about half a second.

Might be something to do with the transition to a new area? I’ve only just noticed this myself having spent most time within a small area while testing this awesome mod.

Hopefully this issue can be resolved. huh.gif

I have noticed this in jets and chopper, I disabled dynamic view distance but ive yet to disable dynamic weather as that "might" have something to do with it.

Otherwise could it be the audio triggers for ambient sounds being triggered too fast? Wonder if theres a way to disable ambient audio etc while in an aircraft?

well thanks for the info guys smile_o.gif

since i have had ECS for a few months , last i talked to joker was when the beta patch first came out, and he didnt want to update it...

because I initially forgot about the website, i relied on you guys to (krytonite/joker) to tell me "hey grab the lastest update!" on comms.. again you guys went missing on TS. so from what i had that was the most recent/up to date info.

but thanks for the heads up....didnt intend to steer people the wrong direction. smile_o.gif

First off hello to all of you out there in the BIS community, and a big thanks to BIS for giving this a decent try; despite many problems we still like playing ArmA and appreciate the efforts made to keep up the support.

On the other hand, I have waited too long to sign up here (one year actually) and having just gotten my account would like to set a few things straight about ECS and the direction these threads have been taking.

1. ECS 1.0.1.50 is the last stable build , and has been extensively tested and is currently bug free, when used on a clean ArmA install with no other mods loaded. However given the diversity of configurations people have, one bug has been found relating to SP mode when removing a standard pluggin after a game save and a texture bug on 6:9 wide screen formats for the titinus effects that does not show up correctly, that is being worked on now.

No other problems are know to exist at this time.

2. ECS is compatible with all installed versions of ArmA 1.08/1.09b and Queens Gambit and have no issues as far as we have been able to test. This build has been out for about 3 months.

3. Many thanks to GAU-8 for his input into ECS and trying to explain about it here, but as one of our early beta testers he was not aware that ECS had gone final and is now available to anyone. We tried to keep a low profile in order to make sure there were no unintended problems with the mod so when people started using it we would not have to keep putting out patches every week to fix things that would cause people to have to update thier servers and clients.

This prevents people from having different versions when they connect or not being able to connect to one server because it was not updated in time.

This might be a nice Addon/Mod, but the fact that it's using a custom eventHandler setup, instead of following community compliance addons like the eXtended EventHandlers addon, is imho unacceptable

4. This is not the case, and if you really did understand the ECP code as you said in your post,

ECS Team Forum[/url])]I've got a fairly good understanding of how ECS works, by looking at the code.

Besides, it's setup nearly identical to ECP for OFP, which I pulled apart more times than I have fingers and toes

you might better understand why ECS is written the way it is, and how to correct your problems WITHOUT having to butcher the ECS core, which I believe may have unwanted side-effects to ECS which will cause more serious problems down the road.

I can appreciate you tried to render a solution as you saw it, and our site was experiencing some host difficulties not long ago when it went down, but you did so without asking the developers how to resolve this issue, and now people are making these changes without understanding why it appears to work and without any support. So if it seems you are having issues related to the modified ECS core and other mods you cannot blame us.

I'm not flaming anyone here just pointing out the facts, never the less I have been reaching the boiling point not having anyway for the last week to post a responce to what has been going on here. Sorry if I seem a bit edgy.

I talked to our chief coder last night and he's very disappointed.

I have a headache for the last 3 days that won't quit and I need more sleep, so I'll finish this post a bit later.

Thank you for taking an interest in all the hard work we put into this mod. goodnight.gif

Quote[/b] ]you might better understand why ECS is written the way it is, and how to correct your problems WITHOUT having to butcher the ECS core, which I believe may have unwanted side-effects to ECS which will cause more serious problems down the road.

Thats not entirely true, this was done to make it compatible with other mods and didn't destroy or change anything. smile_o.gif It was for the better of the arma community as without a mod being XEH (incompatible with other mods tend to die out fast.. but yes it was wrong not to ask first.

Anyways there is still one problem.. [ECS + Addons + Server] = Does not work.. even with just [server + 1.09 + QG] it doesnt work.

Anyways there is still one problem.. [ECS + Addons + Server] = Does not work.. even with just [server + 1.09 + QG] it doesnt work.

Can you furnish any more details or a link so we can know more, errors? Is it possible you have the wrong ECS core running on the server, or a modified one? The client and server cores differ in the config, the dedicated server should have "#define ECS_DEDICATED true" or it will not run correctly. Try downloading it from the site again and replacing it. Let me know what happens.

What you may be experiencing is a database update on local immoveable objects in the area (like a town) when you enter a new 'zone'. One of the ArmA script commands tends to shudder when used, this adds area information to the mods list (like fountains and lights) but should only happen for an instant, and only once per ArmA restart; the data are saved between games and once you have passed thru an area it remains in memory.

We tried this update at startup for the entire map but this made load times too long for our convienience. The momentary spike was more tolerable and does not repeat is client side only.

Agreed, I noticed a performance hit but it's worth it. Nice job ECS team.

Was this with the high or low resolution? what other mods were you running and what missions?

Try a clean ArmA w/ or w/o QG and a stock mission and see if its still noticeable. I think it might be a couple frames on an average computer and almost not measurable on a high-end system. If you are pushing your resources though all bets may be off.

A shame really, everything else is good stuff. (except the new arc for m136 launcher... i wish every mod would stop changing that so i can finally guesstimate how high i have to aim for long distances

ECS modifies nothing of the original game - no balistics other than the timer on the RUS hand grenade was changed to 3 seconds or so. Were you running any other mods?

Ok, the facts from my perspective:

1a. There was no official support because it was marked as 'leaked'. I jumped in as best as I could in the time I had available, to the community's need to use this with other content. Not the other way around.

1b. If things would be more clear on ECS's end, im sure it wouldn't have been necessary anyway smile_o.gif

2. To my opinion, You are saying: "If you want to use ECS with other mods, you will have to make a seperate solution for them". I bet you mean the ECS config class that allows you to add XEH, or other addons. To my opinion this is the other way around :-D  XEH is there for the whole community and widely used, why not use it by default? Or supply solutions in Readme and your website, so users will immediatly be able to use all the rest of their addons aswell? smile_o.gif

3. Never believe that people will not edit your addons. Many users edit their addons to their needs and disable, change or remove whatever they think is garbage or simply not for them.

4. My understanding from the Code and ECP have very little to do with the solutions I brought forward in an extremely small time window. But it's sad you had to make that a little bit personal.

In any case, any mod team is free to choose and go the way they want to go and follow their vision. I just don't see the necessity in the EventHandler case smile_o.gif Anyway, goodluck with your project.

To the ECS guys: Have you had a look at the Extended Eventhandlers addon (XEH for short)? It doesn't seem like you know about it or understand what it's for.

Have a look at it here. Integrating it into your mod would take minutes for someone who understands it and it will make your mod compatible with other addons and mods.

XEH has become a community standard already, you will see that if you check out the other addons and mods smile_o.gif

I don't know if you want your mod to be compatible with other stuff or not, but it would make a lot of people happy and your mod may be more widely used.

To the ECS guys: Have you had a look at the Extended Eventhandlers addon (XEH for short)? It doesn't seem like you know about it or understand what it's for.

Have a look at it here. Integrating it into your mod would take minutes for someone who understands it and it will make your mod compatible with other addons and mods.

XEH has become a community standard already, you will see that if you check out the other addons and mods smile_o.gif

I don't know if you want your mod to be compatible with other stuff or not, but it would make a lot of people happy and your mod may be more widely used.

I wholeheartedly agree. Having downloaded the original mod a few days ago, I very much enjoyed it. However, when I found out that it is almost completely incompatible with other mods, I immediately uninstalled it. Now, why would you want to isolate yourself so severely, ECS team? If you truly wish for others to download and use this in any significant fashion, you must consider integrating the extended event handlers mod by Solus.

That's all I have to say on the matter,

dRb

@Archer .. see your point entirely.

@Sickboy ... completely see your point also.

@Archer ... if it wasn't for sickboy (and a few others) this thread would have died allot sooner, no XEH support = uninstall these days, and remember there are allot of us who just play SP only.

I think what you have created is "the missing link" to all other must have mods, I think you might also agree seeing as its pinned with those mods. Yet those mods all "need" XEH in order to work and in all due respect so should yours.

People want your mod, its fantastic, don't cut off your nose to spite your face (as they say in th UK) .. stick with it and work along side the XEH crew ... its what the community needs mate

thumbs-up.gif

i got yesterday some guy with (i guess non fixed non modified) ECS joining server ...

result was the game went completely broken and was forced to restart ...

don't ask me why because i'm not gunna touch ECS till i see easily unpackable NSIS, MSI installer or 7z/RAR/ZIP and XEH compliance ...

nothing in ungood but i think being ill is enough headache already so keep working on great ECS and i'm sure i will like official nonleaked build

whistle.gif

nothing in ungood but i think being ill is enough headache already so keep working on great ECS and i'm sure i will like official nonleaked build

whistle.gif

This is the official non leaked build smile_o.gif Its available on there website thats where we got it from. smile_o.gif

Guy's if you get patient wee are working on all the problem. Please some time read the ECS forum to see the progress.

That's not because i don't post anything to the BIS forum that i don't do anything.

I'm allready working on it and for the most big part all the problem is fixed.

Let me some time and you got all for your enjoyment.

Sorry for my bad english i hope you understant what i say here.

L.François.

@ Mar. 19 2008,18:21)]Guy's if you get patient wee are working on all the problem. Please some time read the ECS forum to see the progress.

That's not because i don't post anything to the BIS forum that i don't do anything.

I'm allready working on it and for the most big part all the problem is fixed.

Let me some time and you got all for your enjoyment.

Sorry for my bad english i hope you understant what i say here.

L.François.

I think that post was needed for the sake of the thread, thanks for posting ... cant wait to see this progress with updates .... wink_o.gif

after i launched ECS on my system, i can´t hear the own samples like "forward" or "halt", "fire", "target" etc.

What is the issue for this?

Hello again.

To close what i say up there (and i hope all happy) just read

ECS Change.log

By the way if the creator of XEH can contact me it will be great thx by advance.

Patch is near to you guy's.

Thx you all.

after i launched ECS on my system, i can´t hear the own samples like "forward" or "halt", "fire", "target" etc.

What is the issue for this?

You have to remove ECS_Quiet.pbo in the ECS addons folder.

Don't forget to go on the ECS support forum.

http://www.ecsteam.online.fr

Bis forum is not the support forum of this mod.

Yup, that's indeed part of ECS_Quiet.pbo as you undoubtedly would have learned by the exhausting process of reading the first post. wink_o.gif

By the way, here's quite a nice help to remember when "dass" or "das" is used in German.

Enjoy!

Joker: Thanks for posting here, I am glad to see you're actively involved! ECS is a great improvement particularly in terms of sound immersion and AI behaviour! Malheureusement, je ne sais plus parler francais, mais j'espere que vous allez bien! Bon courage!

thumbs-up.gif

It sounds to me like the ECS developers have no clue as to what XEH is or what it is intended for and why they should be using it rather than their own solution.

Unless they get on board here I don't see this mod going anywhere in the larger ArmA community. Maybe in a much smaller way for folks that don't install anything else at all and are pretty closed to running any other addons.

As for our squad we have given up on it until they support XEH and it works nicely with ANY addon we use. We have our own private Addons we have developed and I just don't see ECS making changes for every single mini Addon like this in existence.

@ Mar. 20 2008,07:40)]Hello again.

To close what i say up there (and i hope all happy) just read

ECS Change.log

By the way if the creator of XEH can contact me it will be great thx by advance.

Patch is near to you guy's.

Thx you all.

The new version will have:

Quote[/b] ]

- Fixed: Wrong display position from explosion tinitus effect on 16/9 and other special resolution. (client)

- Fixed: cannot play/load save game when removing an addons in ECS addons folder. (client)

- Fixed: cannot play/edit this mission, missing addon content "name". (server/client)

- New: Themis compatibility compoment. Use any comunity addons running ECS and XEH! (addon required "Extended_Eventhandlers"). (server/client)

49372.png

53560.png