Sign in to follow this  
mazza

Enhanced Configuration System

Quote[/b] ]Unless they get on board here I don't see this mod going anywhere in the larger ArmA community. Maybe in a much smaller way for folks that don't install anything else at all and are pretty closed to running any other addons.

'Real life' is the main, and probably the only reason that could keep you away from the .Net for a while.

Therefore, there are countless of major news that you will have to unluckily miss.

Don't be that doubtful and pessimistic, since having the MOD's authors within these boards is already a good first step for further elaboration and progress.

Regards,

TB

Don't be that doubtful and pessimistic, since having the MOD's authors within these boards is already a good first step for further elaboration and progress.

Regards,

TB

Wise words, I guess, TB  notworthy.gif

Like i say somewhere in our Forum:

For sure i can create a small *.pbo fixe (with sign file) to allow ppl to use any of wanted stuff for arma with using ECS.

I'm not locked at all for opening the area.

Just give some time to ppl to release and addapte what is required for.

Quote[/b] ]sickboy, Mar. 19 2008,08:22

To my opinion, You are saying: "If you want to use ECS with other mods, you will have to make a seperate solution for them". I bet you mean the ECS config class that allows you to add XEH, or other addons. To my opinion this is the other way around :-D  XEH is there for the whole community and widely used, why not use it by default? Or supply solutions in Readme and your website, so users will immediatly be able to use all the rest of their addons aswell?

The comment came before the problem became properly understood.

This may be redundant but as Joker has already tried to explain a solution has been found and should not impact other mods. We are in testing to make sure all is well before we release the fix (ECS).

We did not build this mod with the intention that it would be used with other mods, but that it should not interfere with or cause issues as such, though when we started this project we did not concern ourselves with what others were doing with thier mods.

Perhaps if we had known it would be so popular we would have made an effort to contact everyone and work things out ahead of time.  As it is we are sharing it with the public, as it is a great addition to a 'bare' ArmA, that seems dry and unanimated. If all can be resolved (and it appears the solutions are in hand) we can all sit back and have a great time playing ArmA !

Please give us a few days to post the results and the fix. Thank you for your patience.

Quote[/b] ]sickboy, Mar. 19 2008,08:22

To my opinion, You are saying: "If you want to use ECS with other mods, you will have to make a seperate solution for them". I bet you mean the ECS config class that allows you to add XEH, or other addons. To my opinion this is the other way around :-D  XEH is there for the whole community and widely used, why not use it by default? Or supply solutions in Readme and your website, so users will immediatly be able to use all the rest of their addons aswell?

The comment came before the problem became properly understood.

This may be redundant but as Joker has already tried to explain a solution has been found and should not impact other mods. We are in testing to make sure all is well before we release the fix (ECS).

We did not build this mod with the intention that it would be used with other mods, but that it should not interfere with or cause issues as such, though when we started this project we did not concern ourselves with what others were doing with thier mods.

Perhaps if we had known it would be so popular we would have made an effort to contact everyone and work things out ahead of time.  As it is we are sharing it with the public, as it is a great addition to a 'bare' ArmA, that seems dry and unanimated. If all can be resolved (and it appears the solutions are in hand) we can all sit back and have a great time playing ArmA !

Please give us a few days to post the results and the fix. Thank you for your patience.

And thank you for continuing to work on the project. I'll definitely be downloading it again once the compatiability issues are addressed.

- dRb

Quote[/b] ]

- Fixed: cannot play/edit this mission, missing addon content "name". (server/client)

Yes i really hope this is fixed so we can use this great mod on our server.

God Bless You! smile_o.gif

I have to say: Enhanced Configuration System is very superior addons for me, I like it.

About the "ECS_Armory" and "ECS_Sounds", I'll say, There are many sound config have not a good fit in (sound) volume.

Hope you guys can reform them:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">\ECS_Core\sounds.hpp

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#define BULLET_CRACK_CLOSE_LEVEL 2.000000

#define BULLET_CRACK_FAR_LEVEL 4.500000

#define WEAPON_LEVEL 7.000000

#define WEAPON_MG_LEVEL 8.000000

#define WEAPON_AMG_LEVEL 9.000000

#define WEAPON_SNP_LEVEL 6.000000

The original sounds volume are little bit low at distance.

Something like that... In my opinion.

Anyway, Great work! Keep it up!

Fromz

@ECS team:  Good to see your ongoing support for your excellent mod.  After using it the first time, I was hooked, as if on crack-cocaine. wow_o.gif

I cannot imagine playing ArmA without it ever again!

Quick question regarding the awsome Dynamic Voices:

Is it possible to continue using the dynamic voices, but disable them for one side only?  Like for a zombie mission, you probably don't want the zombies yelling out anything other than moans, etc.  How about dynamically reassigning them?  On a related note, is the ECS dynamic voice system designed to easily add new voice banks (i.e. Nazis! )?

Thanks for your highy immersive and necessary mod!

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#define BULLET_CRACK_CLOSE_LEVEL 2.000000

#define BULLET_CRACK_FAR_LEVEL 4.500000

#define WEAPON_LEVEL 7.000000

#define WEAPON_MG_LEVEL 8.000000

#define WEAPON_AMG_LEVEL 9.000000

#define WEAPON_SNP_LEVEL 6.000000

@Fromz

Curious but it appears your recommendation includes alternate volumes for the sonic bullet cracks.  I was under the impression playing that ECS disabled those sonic cracks altogether?  Is this not correct?  Did they just make them really quiet? huh.gif

I'm only wondering because I have always hated hearing the sonic cracks, and thought ECS got rid of them... (even though they may be realisitc.)

btw-  I always use your sound pack... it rocks!

Quote[/b] ]MadRussian, Mar. 20 2008,05:17

On a related note, is the ECS dynamic voice system designed to easily add new voice banks (i.e. Nazis! )?

There are some clues in the readme that comes with ECS but information on adding extensions to ECS will be forthcoming as we expand the information on the website ECS Team check for updates in the near future. Please be patient as we did not have anything prepared before the release since we did not expect this enthusiastic a responce.

Quote[/b] ]Curious but it appears your recommendation includes alternate volumes for the sonic bullet cracks.  I was under the impression playing that ECS disabled those sonic cracks altogether?

It is imperitive that, per the readme, you not try to modify the ECS_core, ECS_sounds or ECS_misc files as these are crittical to the proper operation of the mod and any changes would also affect the signature should you join a BIS protected server in the future.

As you have pointed out, those sounds are still there but were rebalanced to match up with the new sounds. Many hours and tests were done to tune everything in the mod, and, although I will agree that some of the weapons are a bit bland ( for lack of actualy examples ) most were based on what r/l examples we found to tell us what they should sound like.

I am not sure but i think the occurance of each sound is also dynamic within ECS, as well as the ArmA environmental treatment + EAX will alter the sounds presence a great deal.

This was not a hollywood production with a lot of fireworks nor was it done in a professional studio, but I think the results are decent.

so lets say i just dont like the sound very much, and wanted to use other sound mod instead, while i liked most if not all other features in ECS, is it possible to use a perfered sound mod without breaking other ECS features? or maybe not now, will it be possible in the future?

read carefully

all due respect, its not that i think you didnt put your effort to creat a sound that you like, but the fact that every ppl have different taste on such matter, for me, formz and FDF

so lets say i just dont like the sound very much, and wanted to use other sound mod instead, while i liked most if not all other features in ECS, is it possible to use a perfered sound mod without breaking other ECS features? or maybe not now, will it be possible in the future?

read carefully

all due respect, its not that i think you didnt put your effort to creat a sound that you like, but the fact that every ppl have different taste on such matter, for me, formz and FDF

Hello 4 in 1

It's say in your readme file "@ECS\Readme\Readme.chm" : Performance tweeks

And online in the support website

http://www.ecsteam.online.fr/index.php?watch=performance

For reference

Weapons: ECS_Armory.pbo

Environmental: ECS_Worlds.pbo

Just remove what you want to use it at your preference.

For the compatibility it's here

http://www.ecsteam.online.fr/index.php?watch=changelog

Patch coming soon.

L.François

@ Mar. 20 2008,17:31)]Hello 4 in 1

It's say in your readme file "@ECS\Readme\Readme.chm" : Performance tweeks

And online in the support website

http://www.ecsteam.online.fr/index.php?watch=performance

For reference

Weapons: ECS_Armory.pbo

Environmental: ECS_Worlds.pbo

Just remove what you want to use it at your preference.

For the compatibility it's here

http://www.ecsteam.online.fr/index.php?watch=changelog

Patch coming soon.

L.François

hum, last time i remove sound it gives me some error, might need to check back later

anyway thx for the input

I'll definitely be downloading it again once the compatiability issues are addressed.

- dRb

If you have it allready it's not necessary to download it again.

The patch 10151 probably solve all the problem and win-out any big download.

The patch was probably not more big than 100ko

hum, last time i remove sound it gives me some error, might need to check back later

Performance tweeks

Ways to make your game leaner

To disable some of the feature of the ECS mod, it is possible to simply remove the the unwanted .pbo file from the AddOns folder.

For example: to remove the civilian speech delete the files:

ECS_CIV.pbo

ECS_CIV.pbo.ecs.bisign

Aslo note that ECS_Core, ECS_Misc and ECS_Sounds is required in order to work and cannot be deleted (except for uninstalling ECS).

Joker or Archer, please could you check out your PM Boxes, thank you.

Regards,

Tarik

nice joker to see issues resolved so fast

may i ask if there is somewhere non installer version (archive) of the ECS ? (or at least some standard MSI / NSIS type of installer)

may i ask if there is somewhere non installer version (archive) of the ECS ? (or at least some standard MSI / NSIS type of installer)

For the install yes wee can do that the only problem for me was the upload, where i'm it realy bad to upload big file (only 16ko up) so long time to do it.

But with an effort after wee are sure that all is ok wee can try.

quote thunderbird

Allready check friend but i was a little busy.

Wee can talk about this in TS some time no problem.

Sent him a reply this morning - sorry for the delay TB.

Enixj7 try it out - ECS was imho build for ArmA 1.08 and ECS team is still working on this modification. Stay tuned.... Rome wasn't build in one day. wink_o.gif

Sorry if this has been addressed before, but the mod screws up my view distance. Upon the notification that ECS is functioning my view distance drops to a particular level (about 750m i would guess) and it looks just like the DX10 graphics card bug from 1.08.

hi apache-cobra,

this might help check in your ECS readme most of the issues can be fixed there then make your adjustments in your ECS_LOCAL ECS_local set[6, false] Dynamic viewdistance Dynamic viewdistance. Based on world position (meters) bool

ECS_local set[7, [1200,5000]] Dynamic viewdistance Dynamic viewdistance, minimum/maximum (meters) controled by the current alt from the world position.

eg: taking place on top of a big tower increase your view distance. integer

hope this helps

thank you for your interest in the ECS mod, Kryptonite!

Sorry if this has been addressed before, but the mod  screws up my view distance. Upon the notification that ECS is functioning my view distance drops to a particular level (about 750m i would guess) and it looks just like the DX10 graphics card bug from 1.08.

To realy see if it's an issue caused by ECS just show up you FPS option in ECS panel then look for VD xxxx value it's what actualy ECS is trying to setup for you.

So if you got a problem here it was probably not cause of ECS if the value is in the range of your asked setting.