Sign in to follow this  
mazza

Enhanced Configuration System

I used to love the ECP mod for Operation Flashpoint. I understand this is like the follow-up?

Yes

I was under the impression, in fact I'm 99% sure, this was NOT made any ECP members. It has naming similarities only.

Aside from that... Yes the burning people have returned. I actually had to laugh because in RL if you're on fire you're probably going to 'Stop, Drop & Roll' but it didn't occur to me to do that in-game, I ran around burning thinking 'I wonder when this effect times out'. You only need to roll once either left or right to put it out, I think this should be increased.

correct. nobody from ECP was in the making of this.

about the fire.....incorrect.

i had stated this earlier in some "unknown" facts about E.C.S.

depending on health, and how close you get to the fire, you may have to roll around for quite a bit it is not a "set" function there are variables, and if it is out you will still smolder from the damage, even if the fire is out, and you are smoldering, you can still die from initial damage.

(EDIT: it MAY /may not have been changed. i am unsure... it used to be set the way i have it stated above...if it HAS been changed. please register at the E.C.S. forum, and make a request. it will be much faster to get a response/action from them there. if i remember correctly this BIS site was rarely ever checked into for new stuff with the creators. unless brought to thier attention (patches and such)

just for the record (not that anyone cares)

it is a GO.

original team wanted it downloadable, but "hushed" so that the only server having E.C.S. was the server that i played on (RAZORS SQUAD) ..since the ARMA side of squad disbanded, server changed names, and nobdy played there anymore.." since nobody ever came in anymore....might as well accept it is out.

if you have informed a another site and out of respect told them to take the link down. let them know that it is welcome to bring back up. biggrin_o.gif

Still getting this error

Quote[/b] ]No entry "bin\config.bin/CfgModels.default
even after using latest event handlers (one file Extended_Eventhandlers.pbo) and latest amended ECS_Core.

Set up 1.09, Beta,ECS,Editor102,sixthtracers

The same error occurred with and without QG

Any help appreciated.

After playing around with ECS for some time, I have to say...  The AI improvements here seem massive to me!  And the ambeint sound (both environment and speech) is really top notch.  None of it seems overdone at all, which is really saying something.

My only complaint at this point is when the player catches on fire he survives for way, way too long.  You should be dead in a matter of around 5 or so seconds, no more.

Other than that my jaw has hit the floor, and I'm still in awe.  Makes we want to play ArmA more and start creating missions again. Having to start anew without ECP in ArmA really killed things for me for some time... no more!  smile_o.gif

Nice to see someone finally found this. I was going to make a ecs-demo-movie for Joker and Archer but never got around to it.

GAU, if you have it can you PM me the new TS info if there is any?

just for the record (not that anyone cares)

it is a GO.

original team wanted it downloadable, but "hushed" so that the only server having E.C.S. was the server that i played on (RAZORS SQUAD) ..since the ARMA side of squad disbanded, server changed names, and nobdy played there anymore.." since nobody ever came in anymore....might as well accept it is out.

if you have informed a another site and out of respect told them to take the link down. let them know that it is welcome to bring back up. biggrin_o.gif

do we have the go for editing it? i really hope the community can take over the developement of this great mod

respect for the ECS Team

i cant say for sure.

i am assuming yes as long as credit is given. but for all "technical purposes" i would run it by the ECS forum.

forum is up, and the DEVS are answering questions currently so you should be able to get a quick response.

and last but not least i talked to em..im not in trouble for the sudden "E.C.S. explosion" :P :P

yay.gifyay.gif

i talked to archer and here is a quote from another forums as to what happened ...

"Thank you Phantom, the final version was posted on our site after extensive beta testing in our group back in january of this year. We did not advertise it cause we were hoping more people would come play on our server before we had to it shut down.

Unfortunately its gone but the mod is still here. We may post patches or addons in the future if there is a need to. Please visit our forums if you wish to ask questions or post problems, it would be more efficient to do so http://www.ecsteam.online.fr"

Nice to see someone finally found this. I was going to make a ecs-demo-movie for Joker and Archer but never got around to it.

GAU, if you have it can you PM me the new TS info if there is any?

I was working on a demo movie as well, and i lost it due to other people jacking with my computer/program, and it got erased.. all i had left was a "film tecnique test" prior to actual filming to get certain shots/editing feel...i finally thought hey would anybody be actually interested in seeing this..? so i posted it..

not sure if you saw it but got it here..all the sounds from in game E.C.S. only thing i altered was the actual "film" effects nothing "in game' altered (visual effects and such) maybe both of us can get together for a collaboration vid. who knows smile_o.gif

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....1225752

as for comms.. man it has been hard to get in touch with them. i do have archers comms.. unknown about the others. but i do have the latest (that i know of) server they have been playing on as well. i should have a p.m. on both items sent out to you by tomorrow (sunday)

Has anyone fixed the issue with MatH_ArmAEffects and the default BIS flames running as well. Its doing my head in, tried modifying the ECS_Core.pbo main.hpp although i removed the flame it threw up an error and caused my hard drive to spasm. crazy_o.gif

A trivial thing i know but it looks horrible running matH's effects then this ugly flame running over the top of it. When blowing up a uaz the flame doesn't show it seems to be on armored vehicles with the explosion effects enabled. It's fine when disabled. Any suggestions or am i stuck with it? Tried versions 1.08 and 1.09Beta.

wink_o.gif

Yeah I keept having errors. When I do get the tracers working, its only for the humvee and the tanks, none of the rifles/M240/M249's have them (they do when I don't run this). I can't get DM's nor Matt's effects to run for nothing to matter what order I put things in too. I guess some guys got lucky and having it cooperate in the manner that they want, lol. banghead.gif

I'm sure in time, everything will work out perfectly, just right now its a tad bit tricky finding out whats wrong, where, and how to fix it I guess. wink_o.gif

Have you made sure you grabbed the ECS-Core.pbo fixed version for XEH event handlers? Because what you both describe seems something on those lines ... cant say i've had those issues.

Yeah, I downloaded it when it was first posted, but still same thing. Then again my game sometimes has its "time of the month" and gets a bit crazy--one minute everything works, the next it doesn't. lol

I've tried it with and without the modified core file. Tracers work fine but the ugly bis flame just shows up every time and no errors of any kind for me. sad_o.gif

Law Giver, in ECS_local.hpp, did you set ECS_local131[] = {true}; to "{false}"? I know you said you edited the .hpp, but did you just turn off the explosion/fire effects for specific vehicles of did you completely disable fire effects?

I didn't test it as I like the ECS fire effects, albeit with BIS vanilla "fire" texture *sigh* - but disabling ECS_local131 should restore MattEffects' fire. Please let us know! :-)

Quote[/b] ]Law Giver, in ECS_local.hpp, did you set ECS_local131[] = {true}; to "{false}"? I know you said you edited the .hpp, but did you just turn off the explosion/fire effects for specific vehicles of did you completely disable fire effects?

I didn't test it as I like the ECS fire effects, albeit with BIS vanilla "fire" texture *sigh* - but disabling ECS_local131 should restore MattEffects' fire. Please let us know! :-)

@The.D

MattEffects has always worked fine but the bis flame texture runs at the same time. I just dislike the crappy looking bis flame. If i disable the ecs explosion effects completely then MattEffects runs fine, but like you i like the explosion after effects but not with the bis flame running alongside MattEffects. It looks kinda weird.

I did try to edit the main.hpp and removed the texture but it caused my hard drive to go crazy, obviously i wasn't successful as something was still calling for it. Thx anyway, back to the drawing board, it's no biggie but i hate to be defeated. wink_o.gif

That did it for me, thank you a lot! notworthy.gif

There's just one thing left that irritates me: My character seems to always be short on breath and I can constantly hear his (my) heart beat even if I'm walking normally... is that intended, sort of like battle tension or... some config error!?

Has anyone tried installing the server version to there server running some mods and going into a mission which uses the addons are you able to join in that mission on the server or are you booted back out into the mission select screen like we are.. and does anyone know of a fix..

What happens is when i run the dedi ECS mod on the server the mission says this map is dependable on downloaded content "addon blah" which is also running in one of the mod folders btw, then we get put back onto the mission select screen, while this doesn't happen when no ECS mod is running..!! we want the AI enhancements on the server you see.."

Wonderfull stuff !!!

Just one short question to other users:

The Explosions Tinnitus-effect (ECS_local set 45) gives me the following effect on screen when there is an explosion near the player (my setup 16:9 - 1360x768 resolution):

ExpTrauma.jpg

Somehow the red layer doesn't fill out the full screen, can someone confirm that?!

Couldn't find where this effect is defined.

regards benus

That's a very good point there, benus! We're currently trying to fix this as well! If you find any further information, please let us know!

PS: It's a widescreen issue, that's definitely confirmed!

That's a very good point there, benus! We're currently trying to fix this as well! If you find any further information, please let us know!

PS: It's a widescreen issue, that's definitely confirmed!

THX.

gonna look into it tomorrow again. If I find soething I will let you know.

Matt Rochelle,

I run my own dedi lan server and have no problems with it, but run the mod at the end before the nosplash.

"C:\Program Files\Atari\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=beta;dbe1;dv;dii1;clay;bm;fromz2;@ecs -nosplash

I also run all the gamit, durgs, matteffects, claymores, fromz, QG etc... . I've only tried 2 missions quickly with 2 different players. Evo 3.0 the hoihe addition and CO_domination_oneteam v2.22 and everything works, including the opening parachutes( I had to delete the parajump in the domination mission though).

This is where the clients have the full install and the server uses the server install. The only thing I've changed is the ECS core to work with XEH and some preferences for view distance and firstaid.

I will try this with a few others in my server and let you know when I get a chance.

Oh by the way, even with ECS at the end for me in my shortcut, and Viewdistance set to true in ECS options, I am still able to access and change the optional viewdistance settings in both of those missions to what I want.

Evo3=changeable viewdistance

Co_dom_oneteam_v2.22=changeable viewdistance

The options that are presented to the player in both missions are still fully functional client side, while the missions are active.

What a great mod! And damn those jamming piece o sh!t M16's    biggrin_o.gif

how often does this happen (with the red screen)

i run 1440x900 16:9 and i dont get that effect..

The Explosions Tinnitus-effect (ECS_local set 45) gives me the following effect on screen when there is an explosion near the player (my setup 16:9 - 1360x768 resolution):

[img.]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/hansen/ExpTrauma.jpg[/img]

Somehow the red layer doesn't fill out the full screen, can someone confirm that?!

Same here.

Running on 1440x900 - 16:10

MfG Medicus

Matt Rochelle,

I run my own dedi lan server and have no problems with it, but run the mod at the end before the nosplash.

"C:\Program Files\Atari\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=beta;dbe1;dv;dii1;clay;bm;fromz2;@ecs -nosplash

I also run all the gamit, durgs, matteffects, claymores, fromz, QG etc... . I've only tried 2 missions quickly with 2 different players. Evo 3.0 the hoihe addition and CO_domination_oneteam v2.22 and everything works, including the opening parachutes( I had to delete the parajump in the domination mission though).

This is where the clients have the full install and the server uses the server install. The only thing I've changed is the ECS core to work with XEH and some preferences for view distance and firstaid.

I will try this with a few others in my server and let you know when I get a chance.

Oh by the way, even with ECS at the end for me in my shortcut, and Viewdistance set to true in ECS options, I am still able to access and change the optional viewdistance settings in both of those missions to what I want.

Evo3=changeable viewdistance

Co_dom_oneteam_v2.22=changeable viewdistance

The options that are presented to the player in both missions are still fully functional client side, while the missions are active.

What a great mod! And damn those jamming piece o sh!t M16's biggrin_o.gif

Ive done Sickboys Edits for XEH, and i know missions work without addons.. but.. when i go to play a mission with an addon in it i get this and then back to mission select screen, I've tried everything to my knowledge

Quote[/b] ]

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.

editorupdate_v102

Im just lost for words..