Sign in to follow this  
mazza

Enhanced Configuration System

not really going nuts smile_o.gif

i am not angry some have issues, and trying to find a fix smile_o.gif i am just trying to let everyone know of the situation regarding E.C.S. since it was just linked without the creator knowing. there are a lot of details missing, that questions will arise from.

i am HAPPY others have it (of my own personal opinion) i just want people who download it to know what the situation is regarding the gray areas with E.C.S.

i wont fight the distribution of it anymore.. i cant stop it. (but i DO want people to have it personally)

its just not ours to officially mess with yet. and i want others to have respect for it until JOKER is able to speak up more in depth about his E.C.S. (and also know that there might not be an answer for things ...until he shows up and explains the items in question) (allthough with everything being set up the way it is, online and such, chances are probably pretty good that its ok to use.) we just have had no official "GO" .

but DO HAVE FUN with it smile_o.gif

... as these files are signed and modification of these files will cause problems with ECS_clients and/or ECS_server when other ECS_clients and/or ECS_server have this mod installed.

Basically, this means if few people edit it the same way, dont use signatures and run it on their own private server.. everything is okay?

i have no idea. i dont know how to mod. or what that means, or what it is in reference to...... use at own risk.

Could yall get this to work without puting a vehicle on the map? The ECS does not intiallize when you dont have a vehicle on the map! I thought that was strange.

Anyways the AI do not occupy buildings right! This one time they went into this hotel type building went to climb the ladder and the AI just stood there. They all messed up and 2 of them died in the process and eventualy the AI came out. Is there anyway to get the AI to use buildings properly?

I can send individual soldiers to position #1, #2, and so forth and they do it fine just the AI Squad leader does not give the right orders! You think a script could do the work?

NOTE: For personal Single Play use:

If you don't want your weapons and sound mods taken over (but do want ambient effects & radio chatter):

Move ECS_Armory.pbo out of the addon folder (so its not read when loading). That takes care of the weapon & missile effect sounds.

If you also want action commands spoken back:

Move ECS_Quiet.pbo out of the addons folder.

This will work but you will get missing errors when reverting a saved mission with this mod active so finally:

You need to un-pbo the file ECS_Core.pbo.

(make sure its the moddified for XEH Matt Rochelle version) HERE

In the unpbo'd folder edit the file named config.cpp.

Remove entries :

Quote[/b] ]"ECS_Armory\"
and also
Quote[/b] ]"ECS_Quiet\"
from the line class PreloadBanks

Remove entries

Quote[/b] ]"ECS_Armory"
and also
Quote[/b] ]"ECS_Quiet"
from the line class PreloadAddons

Save config.cpp after this and re-pbo the folder.

I guess this process would work with the other pbo's, but I dont know what all the other are doing, one things for sure, dont get rid of sounds.pbo or misc.pbo as they are all for the luverly ambient sounds etc.

Tried and tested and all is working fine. ive decided to still use this for now and fiddle.

comerade 12.

you do not have to have any kind of vehicles what so ever on the map for E.C.S. to initalize.

So, you're saying NWD Ballistics would work by removing ECS_Misc?

That would be marvelous!

I wrote a little "guide" how to make ECS (mostly) compatible with current add on standards.

If you don't mind I'll add your great idea of editing the config.cpp itself - this will definitely resolve the savegame issues in single player mode!

Here's a prepared XEH-ready ECS_Core.pbo with removed Tracer, <s>Misc</s>, Armory and Quiet entries!

<s><span style='color:red'>Tested and works! NWD ballistics are back! Great stuff, thanks a lot, mrcash2009!</span></s>

<span style='color:red'>Never confuse cause with reason ;-)

Change of loading order solved the problem for me after I made all add on folders more "modular" (i.e. using "@ECS" before "@NWD")</span>

Thanks for the pm, mrcash2009, I just tested it! You can easily test NWD ballistics by using an M4 ACOG on a long range (~200-300m) - it significantly differs from stock ballistics and is less random.

Might as well add more info.

ECS website is back online, downloads work. (so far)

if you have any issues with ECS. take it to the ECS. FORUM. hopefully joker can respond soon.

i have no clue why it went down maybe he pulled it for a bit, or maybe tweaked it for bandwidth or something..dunno. i dont know that kind of stuff. but here is the link.

http://www.ecsteam.online.fr/index.php

after reading the website it seems that only the core, mics and sound.pbo is must needed for ECS to function normally

@The D .... yes cool use it and spread the word wink_o.gif

NOTE!!!!!!!!!**********************

I made a mistake as it was late, instead of "misc" I meant "Silent" because if you read further down I state NOT to remove misc as its ambient sounds. Ive made changes to my post above, Mr D change your posts too mate.

So ... MR D, in my mistake you seem to have noticed that misc effect ballistics, but Misc (from what I can see) is referring to just ambient sound effects, if what you say is true, how has that fixed it?

Also, how do I "test" ballistics to "see" if its missing/working (that is a dumb question I know).

BTW you can edit out many refs in core and remove pbo's accordingly if anyone spots anything else causing things to work again please post.

Quote[/b] ]after reading the website it seems that only the core, mics and sound.pbo is must needed for ECS to function normally

True but then when i removed certain pbos, all was great until I saved a mission and reverted back to it, then I got errors of those missing pbo's and the mission would not load. So you still have to edit core config to remove references to said pbo's in the lines I posted about to get rid of that error.

After using the core replacement I get the following error in game. It dont seem to effect the gameplay nor the ECS mod.

Quote[/b] ]No entry "bin\config.bin/CfgModels.default

Any info on this appreciated.

I am running the addons addons/mods

-Editor102

-ECS

-6th tracers pbos.

Using ArmA 109. QG is not loaded.

If i would play missions including the UH60MGRACS, the mission doesn`t start... crazy_o.gif ...without this mod it works fine.

crazy_o.gif

I'm working on it. Thanks for the message!

The issue seems to be one of the correct loading order only.

I made ArmA use 8 mod folders and got it to load ECS first.

NWD and Q11's recoil and reload mods are back!

I will upload a new tweaked Core.pbo soon - updating the guide first.

Edit: Here's the new XEH-ready ECS_Core.pbo with removed Tracer, <s>Misc</s>, Armory and Quiet entries!

It works for me (and two other persons) without any errors, but all of us have QG - that might be an issue here, I can't tell.

Quote[/b] ]Change of loading order solved the problem for me after I made all add on folders more "modular" (i.e. using "@ECS" before "@NWD")

Just to clarify as it can be read to confuse .... are you saying you have managed to get it working and its just a case of putting ballistics high priority .... or that it was a placebo based on my confusion with misc and you still realise is doesnt work at the moment? (hehe ... oh the madness of it all tounge2.gif )

I used to love the ECP mod for Operation Flashpoint. I understand this is like the follow-up?

Have burning people and other stuff returned? inlove.gif

Currently i'm only using the XAM mod, how is it compared to that mod?

I used to love the ECP mod for Operation Flashpoint. I understand this is like the follow-up?

Have burning people and other stuff returned? inlove.gif

Currently i'm only using the XAM mod, how is it compared to that mod?

Yes, yes and yes.

I liked XAM but finally moved away from it when it took over versions of other mods and became a bit of a "take over" mod. The things I loved were atmospheric sounds and radio chatter in vehicles .... well, you get all that and lots of AI improvements with the flexibilty of switching things off and using all you other mods with it.

And I feel the ambient sounds in this mod are VERY well balanced and so well put together and thought out. I would also say as regarding overal audio immersion and visual enhancements and AI this mod is the missing part of the jigsaw that link all the other usual suspect Must Have mods together. I really feel like im playing in a open space etc rather than a quite open space as before, much like how the original Ghost Recon "sounded and felt" when you were wandering around the maps.

See above of D's tweaks to remove things you might not like.

Haha yeah - it was both, because I tried the loading order before and didn't notice any changes.

Anyways, to make it clear now:

To use Q11's recoil and NWD's ballistic in ECS, you have to make sure you use the mods in the following loading order:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"...\Armed Assault\beta\arma.exe" -maxmem=512 -nosplash -profiles=Profiles -mod=beta;DBE1;@ECS;@Q11;@NWD;@...

I do not know whether ECS changes ballistics at all, but it's a fact I had severely altered recoil effects (possibly vanilla?) and no NWD ballistics when loading the mod at last. It definitely works this way, it "feels" the way it's supposed to be and you can test it with long range targets.

This mod is simply amazing!

Its so brutal... when you are in a building and THEY know you are in there, they start to fire on it from all theire barrels + rockets and grenades.... no chance against the AI in such situations....

What i don't like are large parts of the sounds... the ones for the assault-rifles as MGs are great - the rest is pretty "plain".

Also i think that ballistics or at least penetrations/damage hitpoints have changed, as i now need far more shots from the 5.xx mm (bluefor) ammunition to "stop" a enemy over longer ranges (200m+) - thats like in real life as the 5.xx mm ammunitions are pretty weak in terms of "man-stop"capabilities .

Regards, Christian

Quote[/b] ]What i don't like are large parts of the sounds... the ones for the assault-rifles as MGs are great - the rest is pretty "plain".

You can remove the gun sounds etc, skim through the previous page for info.

Very nice addon! thumbs-up.gif

But is there any chance to get customsound-mods implemented/working? Really miss my AACF-Weapon & Vehicle Sounds confused_o.gif

MfG Medicus

We tested this mod overnite, it is a great addition for ArmA.

It is working properly on Vista 64 and a server with same OS.

We only use DurgsVegetationFix+Lowplants and now ECS.

Some of the older ported addons, such as MFCTI, do not load.

No big deal though.

Great to see this mod is being worked on, no matter how it was released. I was a big fan of the ECP mod for Flashpoint, It added so much to the game.

A couple things id like to mention though.

Some of the sounds are very good. The tank machine guns and personal weapons are nice, but i find most of the explosions and the sound from other peoples weapons are very muddy and indistinguishable. I guess im just hooked on chammys sound mod. It would be awesome if you guys could maybe contact him about including his sounds?

Performance: I downloaded the full version (non lite) of the mod. I tested it out while playing Evolution online. My FPS seemed about the same as it always does for about the 1st hour of play then it just seemed to halve. This has happened a few times now online (I haven't played it for long enough on single player to know if its just an online issue). I tried to turn of everything from the ECS menu but it made no diff. I also noticed that after i turned off the options for radio chatter for vehicles/AI etc, I could still here them.

Anyway, there are a lot more positives to this mod than negatives, so keep up the good work. yay.gif

MEDICUS,-=seany=-, refer to the front page to see how it's done!

I'm using AACF sounds with ECS, but Chammy will work as well.

You can even mix them by not removing the Armory.pbo and editing its config.cpp Keep in the tank MG sounds and remove explosions etc. - it's all up to you.

You can switch radio chatter to "off" or use the predefined .hpp files from the guide which limits chatter to 10m (makes it more realistic imo) - switch it to <1m to turn it off while outside the vehicle.

None of us had any fps issues so far, that might be interesting to pursue. Thanks for the info!

can someone upload 6th tracers pbo somewhere?

It's included in the 6thSense.eu Pack1. smile_o.gif

And Thanks, The.D!

Seems like i missed the update of the 1st page whistle.gif

MfG Medicus