mazza

Enhanced Configuration System

so you cant use GMJ_SightAdjustment if you want to snip someone

you cant have q11 to makes the gun jam

you cant have q11 wind to make shooting harder

you cant have @NWD_Ballistics for bullets to hit where they should

@NWD_ScopeFix for a acturally "working" scope/ iron sight

@NWD_TankFCS for the tank to hit something

dont even think about putting a claymore to ambush your enemy........

wait, where did all the fun about arma gone to?

p.s. sorry not trying to being unsupportive but confused_o.gif

I have no clue where the fun went. if you want the "fun" remove E.C.S.

all i know is what i heard/ told while palytesting and comms cahtter for a few months. i have no modding ability what so ever. i cant tell you what is inside E.C.S. maybe some of the modding guys can figure stuff out, but the creator knows exactly what he wanted.didnt want. issues will arise.

E.C.S. MAY be able to handle these things. all i know is that they have repeatedly told people joining the server that outside mods MUST BE SIGNED by thier creator, and then possibly brought into E.C.S. at a later date

again. i do not know if it is a SERVER things, or an E.C.S. thing.

you are playing a BETA. (until the creator desides on what he wants to do with it.(which may be NEVER! ) dont like it. DELETE E.C.S. that simple. it was not meant for RELEASE. it was LEAKED.

so you cant use GMJ_SightAdjustment if you want to snip someone

you cant have q11 to makes the gun jam

you cant have q11 wind to make shooting harder

you cant have @NWD_Ballistics for bullets to hit where they should

@NWD_ScopeFix for a acturally "working" scope/ iron sight

@NWD_TankFCS for the tank to hit something

dont even think about putting a claymore to ambush your enemy........

wait, where did all the fun about arma gone to?

p.s. sorry not trying to being unsupportive but confused_o.gif

Seconded! ECS is an amazing mod but it shouldn't try to take an isolated position!

We're currently trying hard to make it as compatible as it can get but NWD and q11 are must-haves for ArmA and ECS cannot replace them.

Is there any way to make a "ECS Light" version (AI enhancements and sound immersion only?)

So far we managed to make it compatible with custom sounds, matt effects and SIX tracers - basically just delete or move the pertaining .pbo files.

I'll write a detailed guide on how to get ECS to work with the Add On Compilation as soon as we found a way to include SIX CRDS instead of whatever ECS tries to put up. It has some bugs on widescreen formats and is way too fragile - furthermore, CRDS is much less obnoxious (and indeed quite ingenious) when it comes to simulating and treating injuries.

If anybody can help out here, let me know, so far I didn't find a boolean that would turn off the "injury system" employed by ECS.

Again, neither of us means any harm. We're very grateful you share this great add on pack with us - but a lot of us would not want to give up the old elite add ons given to us (NWD Ballistics is a prime example, thanks 4 IN 1).

it WASNT meant to be openly shared.

this is/was a SQUAD mod for a RAZORS SQUAD originally. a few items changed but it was NOT meant to be FULL PUBLIC use(at this time.)

no offense. i am just trying to REALLY DRIVE HOME to everyone if you have E.C.S....you arent supposed to. NO MATTER WHAT the "official website" states....but there is nothing i can do about that. i AM DIRECTLY at fault for listing the initial download area by an honest mistake.

the creator (RSS JOKER) is "missing" right now. if any of you have issues, you will have to know how to fix it on your own. until he can speak for himself, and his E.C.S.

i'm not trying to be a dick here. just think about if this for a minute. how would you feel if this was YOUR work that you spent 2 years on...that got leaked in an unfinished state. and its allready getting modified without permission. and you found out about it. yes leaks happen, but have some character about this please. dont flame/blame E.C.S. when the creator cannot speak for himself right now.

Considering its a BETA its pretty damn good, if not one of the best things to come out for Arma in a very long time! That said I think personally if my mod was leaked I'd eithier want people to respectfully not use it, or go with the flow receive the community help and use it as an open beta and create a mod that is 100% bug free.

Shame its a leak and not fully tested, its so good its hard to remove it on that basis. Im going to keep it in and work around it, the ambient effects alone are worth it.

Also .. if you remove armoury.pob and silents ... and try to resume a mission from save, even if they didnt exist on save, mission requires them as missing confused_o.gif .. so they do need to exist, but edited and modified to remove what you dont need im afraid.

Considering its a BETA its pretty damn good, if not one of the best things to come out for Arma in a very long time! That said I think personally if my mod was leaked I'd eithier want people to respectfully not use it, or go with the flow receive the community help and use it as an open beta and create a mod that is 100% bug free.

Nothing to add to that! ECS rocked for OFP and it has even more potential in ArmA thumbs-up.gif

Actually, it would be leaked if ECS website would be passworded, someone would get the password and reupload it somewhere else.. The website was public, everyone could download it.

It's not a leak, it's a discovery.

and GAU-8, even you yourself don't believe that people will use ECS without mods. I seriously doubt anyone will, as it's not that perfect to be used without other mods.

This mod has got alot good features (Improved AI, radiochatter, some sounds.. and small details like burning crew or disabling lights by shooting at them) but its just not perfect. wink_o.gif

over and out.

If its the latter would need to be broken down to make it addon friendly, if allowed make it modular (so madmatts effects could be used for example) and a proper explantion of each PBO.

I have it working with effects/smoke effects? Just put it lower priority and used sickboys core XEH fix ... then all the smoke etc was back to normal.

i consider it to be a "leak", because the website has been up for MONTHS... and nobody "public " has seen it, even though it was "publicly open" . it wasnt "discovered" by anyone .. i POSTED it on accident.

just look at it from that stand point please.

i just want people to be respectful of E.C.S. and JOKER. he is NOT AWARE that E.C.S. is now "open market."

i made a HUGE MISTAKE, and i am trying to have care/diligence in the POSSIBLE damages it may have created him,here, and my friendship with him. please understand if from my perspective. i agree with what you say.. but if it wasnt for me this fiasco wouldnt be going on.

if you have issues that are unanswered please use the E.C.S.website . dont do it here.to flame/rant "we" do not know what it is /is not capable of, or intended use, until JOKER surfaces and speaks for his work....

List of Add Ons we got working with ECS* by now:

(Only tested in multiplayer, dedicated server host)

- AACF Sounds

- Custom Weapon and trooper replacements (obviously)

- MatH ArmAEffects (works, even with burning crew and ECS nice fire system and explosion additions (which can also be turned off if desired))

- GMJ SightAdjustment (don't forget SightAdjustment_AutoInit.pbo)

- NWD Tank Add Ons

- Proper and TrueMod Upgrades/Tweaks

- most SIX add ons, tracers in particular

Still missing:

- SIX CRDS (conflicts, override of ECS functions impossible?)

- NWD ballistics (conflicts, major issue)

- q11's bullet tweaks (conflicts)

- ?

*current ECS version, made XEH-ready, courtesy of sickboy, thank you :-)

Edit: Don't beat yourself up over it, GAU-8! We're really glad you shared this with us - JOKER must be some kind of genius or something, this thing rocks! And whatever the issues maybe at the time, I didn't see anyone flaming so far - besides, the compatibility isn't looking too bad is it? I do hope this mod will find its way to the core of ArmA Add Ons!

just a reminder

from the official website.....

Terms and conditions

Please read the following carefully

It is imperitive that you do not modify ANY of these files without express permission of the ECS team, as these files are signed and modification of these files will cause problems with ECS_clients and/or ECS_server when other ECS_clients and/or ECS_server have this mod installed.

You are free to use it so long as it is not modified. It may only be distributed in its original form, complete with ECS team credits.

© Copyright 2005–2008 ECS Team, L.François. All rights reserved. Distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY;

well GAU-8 no one is to attack you nor the creater of the mod, but since its leaked things is mean to go uncontrolable, and no one can stop unless(hint):

1. close the site for now

2. tell all major ARMA site to turn down the news/dl

3. tell all non major arma site to try not to have a fuss about it

4. tell all single ppl who using it or even "tweaked" it to respect the creater's will untill he give a go on it

5. install a deadly virus incase it leak again

and erm............is that even possible?

p.s. oh and for my respect to to creater himself i deleted all of it from my HDD for now till it is offically good to go, oh and to clear something, m8, i didnt test the mod with addons i listed above(which i use offen) in case it affect the outcome, basic rule that comes from the age of OFP to test all addons with a clean game

EDIT: allow me to add, this mod do have many good features, but it do have some things that lacks and to use it without any other addons is just a pain in ass for a already inperfect game

i agree with you, and i dont feel under personal attack, i just really screwed up , and i feel very red faced right now. and i agree i cant stop it. no point in trying really. just informing everyone as much info as i know for questions that arise, and why the product is how it is.

banghead.gifgoodnight.gif

me personally??? i WANT to let everybody have it, i have been wanting it open for months now, but he never really wanted broadcasted as such . i want the same things you guys want with E.C.S.

I JUST have egg on my face. and i just want everybody to be aware of the situation, and handle the "product" in BETA form with care.

i would to hate to see cheats/h@cks/abuse stemming from this wonderful little gem online and such....

I think if they wanted to keep it a secret they would of passworded there downloads.. or not even posted it up for download. wink_o.gif

You gave us the link to their website.. don't stress it if it wasn't meant to be they wouldn't of had download links.. someone would of came across this site one way or another anyways..

in case of cheat, those cheaters already have something much much much more powerful then this mod(as most part of this mod is not far away from other mods such as xam)

the point is that its leaked, ppl tested it, they didnt like some part of it(which was considered a bit outdated for a game as mod open/friendly as ARMA is), and they said it out loud here to get the attention

Well when all is said and done, and all the things known now that it wont work with, and other such things ... i regretfully have removed it.

If this came out as a extra effects / ambience mod just for all the dynamic voice / chatter / extra fire explosions ... then It would be firmly loaded into the game ... I love it, but its just a bitch with everything else ..... real shame (for now).

correct . i will stop fighting it.

some items you may or may not know about in E.C.S.

each "zone" will ahve its own ambience (go to the top of a mountain. and listen)

bistros will have music. phones ringing

gas stations wil have a "DING!" WHEN YOU ROLL THRU THEM.

if YOU cath fire ..you MUST DROP AND ROLL to sometimes put it out. depending on the severity you cant. and you die.

if you KNOW the enemy is nearby, your heart rate will get louder, and increase the closer he is. (only if you "know" there is a contact nearby).. if your character never sees a "contact" hidng in a bush, your heart rate will not go up. but if you see him go into the bush, and you walk up..your heartrate will increase.

if you get shot, you will eventually blead to death. unless you (limited in degree, and amount of times) heal yourself.

often when out of ammo/re-arming your character will say "gotta reload, cover me"

the AI talk to themselves, whistle, and chitchat. and it is all "normal" sounding you dont get a phrase that sound out of place with others.

ALL electical power stations hum. houses have musci ambience. kitchen sounds..etc.

woods are much more ambient.

guns jam. to fix you have to reload...sometimes you have to reload MULTIPLE TIMES!!! to unjam:)]

volumetric fog/ clouds/rain.

blood spatter on screen. blood spatter on ground.

AI is very agressive and is better than stock.

ROCKETS have new explosions

there are many MANY little things that set the mood for E.C.S.

you just have to pay attention to the tiny little details to notice, but if you go without it, and play "normal" you miss out on a lot all of a sudden

@Matt Rochelle

when i want to join zeus server i get their addon pack, same for the LOL, same for the GOL, they post it on their site to let everyone to get everything needed for these server

but in this case things is kind of different, its a client side mod, and the creater is MIA, and unlike ECP there is still no offical "green light" for tweaking it, so for the basic respect we should remove all DL links and the tweak and code lines to help tweaking for now till someone said "its offically good to go and tweak it if you want just give credit"

respect is the key word here

@GAU-8

christ stop being a nut fest ok, notthing big here, like i said we just didnt like few part of it, and kind of "self helping" as no one is aware of the fact that the creater is MIA and no green light on tweaking, WE KNOW HOW GOOD it is, just think that its not as perfect as ECP for OFP

BTW did anyone missing bullet supersonic crack sound?

@4 in 1:

It's not about "giving" something. There are millions of sites where ppl don't "give" anything, but you can download from it none the less.

The point I was trying to make earlier, was that it's always a good thing to protect your site/downloads, when it's not meant to be publicly available. This is not madness, but simply a necessity. Even when the url is not publicly known, there's 100's of methods such site could 'pop' up / discovered, and you still get the same problem, without anyone handing over a link.

[*] Password protected download archive

[*] User Account/Password protected website

Imo that's the base of something that may not be publicly available yet.

In any case, I fully agree with the "respect", and the need to put a lit on this asap before it gets too wide spread, altough truelly stopping it at this point might be unrealistic.

In any case, I wish all luck, and i'm looking forward to the result, I believe the features are simply amazing, but I stay with my point as before; XEH Compatibility is imo a must with Mods like these, or actually any mod, in these times.

Yeah My 6th Tracers Are Working !!

Of course they are :-)

The question really is; Does the ECS stuff still works :-D

Yeah of course.. there shouting "Grenade" when i chuck one.. explosion effects seem to be working so is the console so yeah ECS works too. tounge2.gif

i haven't any voice working. wich exe do you use ? 1.09 ?

do you use -openal flag ?

@4 in 1:

It's not about "giving" something. There are millions of sites where ppl don't "give" anything, but you can download from it none the less.

The point I was trying to make earlier, was that it's always a good thing to protect your site/downloads, when it's not meant to be publicly available. This is not madness, but simply a necessity. Even when the url is not publicly known, there's 100's of methods such site could 'pop' up / discovered, and you still get the same problem, without anyone handing over a link.

[*] Password protected download archive

[*] User Account/Password protected website

Imo that's the base of something that may not be publicly available yet.

In any case, I fully agree with the "respect", and the need to put a lit on this asap before it gets too wide spread, altough truelly stopping it at this point might be unrealistic.

In any case, I wish all luck, and i'm looking forward to the result, I believe the features are simply amazing, but I stay with my point as before; XEH Compatibility is imo a must with Mods like these, or actually any mod, in these times.

if i am correct this mod is created b4 XEH became such an important addon for all of us, well just hope something good will happen in the future

BTW its not about "giving" something from the starting point, i just saying the facts that what happened, and what will happen confused_o.gif

... as these files are signed and modification of these files will cause problems with ECS_clients and/or ECS_server when other ECS_clients and/or ECS_server have this mod installed.

Basically, this means if few people edit it the same way, dont use signatures and run it on their own private server.. everything is okay?