Sign in to follow this  
mazza

Enhanced Configuration System

Quote[/b] ]

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.

editorupdate_v102

Im just lost for words..

Lowfly's Editor Update 1.02

At some point the mission must have been loaded while having this addon in the addons folder or had a custom modfolder loaded with it in it.

You'll either need to load that addon(iwhich has problems coexisting with Sickboy's editor update *I think*) and play or remove the objects on the map, then in the mission.sqm remove the Editor Update requirement. <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">version=11;

class Mission

{

addOns[]=

{

"sakakah",

"seal_weapons",

"EditorUpdate_v102",

"caair",

"csm_sound",

"camisc",

"map_misc",

"Iraqi_Modern_Warfare",

"CAWheeled",

"desert2_buildings",

};

I believe if you remove the "required addon" portion, then run without the Editor Update you'll have "invisible objects on the map(in the editor) that you cannot see, you'd have to select everything, then blindly find the object as the mouse-over tells you the name.

The addon is already in a mod folder running on the server, it comes up with most addons when running ECS

this is the server shortcut...

Quote[/b] ]

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma_server.exe" -netlog -port=2302 -config=server.cfg -mod=@dbe1;beta;@DurgsVegetationFix;@GOLCORE;@GOLMISC;@GOLISL;@ECS

I'm also running it on 16:10 and I know of three others (all wide screen users) who also get the bug. I took a screen shot for comparison:

etvx2.th.jpg

I have no idea how this effect is created in the first place, so I can't really say how to engage the problem. It's the same wide screen issue as in this mission's intro (great stuff, by the way!) - that is all I can say at this time.

Yeah i have the same problem because i run it on 16:10 to,and i really don't know waht that can be confused_o.gif

@ Matt Rochelle

Get in touch with Aussie, as he has it running on the: OGN@iiNet ArmAQG Theme Server.

but i have seen one post saying:

Quote[/b] ]running this ecs on cti i get an error bcm addon ???have tried with it gone & re downloaded it

Click here for image

@Matt; you get this error when there are objects used from the editorUpdate, while the editorUpdate is not listed in addons[]= and addonsAuto[]= arrays in the mission.sqm (open it with notepad).

It might also be possible, that some of the object names in your mods, and editorUpdate, overlap. In this case, when one of the mods tries to insert some of these objects, you might also get the editorUpdate error.

Best is to remove your arma.rpt, then start game, join server until you get the error, close game and post the arma.rpt on www.pastebin.com or sorts. It's especially important to see the start of the arma.rpt, the parts about "Updating Base Classes" as you can probably extrapolate which addons are using wrong class inheritance setup or overwrite eachother either way.

@ Matt Rochelle,

It could be a couple of things, most likely what ArmaVidz said.

But things to check; Did you change the order of the addons? Or remove and then add the editor102 to another folder?

Another thing to check if there's an object that is being overriden by the ECS mod folder.

I'm also using the editor102 in my many mod folders and don't have any conflicts.

I have had problems with Fromz's sound mod when I added it to the shortcut in my server, but that was before ECS. It would not let me in any mission and I would get the same error you do with the editor102. When I deleted the fromz mod line in the shortcut for the server, I could then play any mission and still have fromz's sounds but the error would still pop up at the start of the mission. I would click ok and continue with the mission and no problems.

Check yor PM Matt

Edit

Ya what Sickboy said

Guys i spent 5 hours trying to figure this out.. I'm not one to be that stupid lol..

As for the addons we use around 3gb of addons on our server and they all work along with the missions perfect. Until i run the ECS mod then it says i get this error and it doesn't matter what addons the map uses it will pick an error from one of the addons the map is using and it will also add all the addons in the rpt with the same error.

@Aussie Dave Yes this is the problem..

@Sickboy

If i remove the addons from the mission the mission then wont work or there will be addons missing inside the mission and then i get more errors and certain things wont appear. Even if i just remove the auto-addons... I will also get an rpt report soon.

@rowdied i will have a look to see if anything might be conflicting with e.g. sound/effects etc..

I'm also running it on 16:10 and I know of three others (all wide screen users) who also get the bug. I took a screen shot for comparison:

etvx2.th.jpg

I have no idea how this effect is created in the first place, so I can't really say how to engage the problem. It's the same wide screen issue as in this mission's intro (great stuff, by the way!wink_o.gif - that is all I can say at this time.

Hello.

This screen problem was fixed in the incoming patch for ECS

i'm sorry for this issue because i don't have the material to test it.

It is now solved don't worry.

Please for all the bug report you want to see fixed in future patch report it to the Team forum at this adress:

http://www.ecsteam.online.fr

Thx you by advance.

L.François (Joker & (Razors Squad))

Hi!

Does anyone have this with ECS: when I save a play then it can't load (ECS_World error)?

Ok matt, this is how the default startup procedure looks like, concerning the "Updating Base Classes":

Quote[/b] ]Updating base class ->Default, by ca\anims\characters\config.bin/CfgMovesBasic/DefaultDie/

Updating base class ->Default, by ca\anims\characters\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/Crew/

Updating base class ->MGunCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/MGun/

Updating base class RscLoadingText->RscText, by DBE1\Models_DBE1\ui\config.bin/RscDisplayLoading/Variants/LoadingOne/controls/CA_TextLoad/

Updating base class RscLoadingText->RscText, by DBE1\Models_DBE1\ui\config.bin/RscDisplayLoadMission/controls/Title1/

Updating base class RscLoadingText->RscText, by DBE1\Models_DBE1\ui\config.bin/RscDisplayStart/controls/CA_Text/

Updating base class Strategic->FlagCarrierCore, by ca\misc\config.bin/cfgVehicles/FlagCarrier/

Updating base class ->Helicopter, by ca\air\config.bin/CfgVehicles/UH60MG/

Updating base class ->UH60MG, by ca\air\config.bin/CfgVehicles/UH60/

Updating base class ->Helicopter, by ca\air\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Mi17_MG/

Updating base class ->Mi17_MG, by ca\air\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Mi17/

Basicly, any additional messages, means that the class inheritance tree in other configs (addons) are 'broken', broken in the sense... they are not setup exactly the same as default ArmA.

This will break the overwrites, and it will give weird effects as to which config/values will take prececedence, plus you probably get the weirdest effects when turrets or optic classes are linked to the wrong base classes, because of some addon

This is the list you get, (I removed XEH cause that doesnt matter):

Quote[/b] ]Updating base class ->Default, by ca\anims\characters\config.bin/CfgMovesBasic/DefaultDie/

Updating base class ->Default, by ca\anims\characters\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/Crew/

Updating base class ->MGunCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/MGun/

Updating base class RscLoadingText->RscText, by DBE1\Models_DBE1\ui\config.bin/RscDisplayLoading/Variants/LoadingOne/controls/CA_TextLoad/

Updating base class RscLoadingText->RscText, by DBE1\Models_DBE1\ui\config.bin/RscDisplayLoadMission/controls/Title1/

Updating base class RscLoadingText->RscText, by DBE1\Models_DBE1\ui\config.bin/RscDisplayStart/controls/CA_Text/

Updating base class ->Man, by ca\characters\config.bin/CfgVehicles/CAManBase/

Updating base class ->CAManBase, by ca\characters\config.bin/CfgVehicles/SoldierWB/

Updating base class ->CAManBase, by ca\characters\config.bin/CfgVehicles/SoldierEB/

Updating base class ->SoldierESaboteur, by ca\characters\config.bin/CfgVehicles/SoldierESaboteurPipe/

Updating base class ->SoldierEB, by ca\characters\config.bin/CfgVehicles/SoldierECrew/

Updating base class ->CAManBase, by ca\characters\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Civilian/

Updating base class ->Truck5tMG, by ca\wheeled\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Truck5t/

Updating base class ->SoldierEB, by DBE1\Models_DBE1\mercenary\config.bin/CfgVehicles/SoldierPB/

Updating base class ->UH60MG, by ca\air\config.bin/CfgVehicles/UH60/

Updating base class ->Plane, by ca\air\config.bin/CfgVehicles/AV8B/

Updating base class ->Helicopter, by ca\air\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Mi17_MG/

Updating base class ->Mi17_MG, by ca\air\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Mi17/

Updating base class DefaultWorld->CAWorld, by ca\desert\config.bin/CfgWorlds/Intro/

Updating base class ->Motorcycle, by CA\wheeled3\m1030\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M1030/

Updating base class ->Plane, by ca\a10\config.bin/CfgVehicles/A10/

Which I think means that the ECS\dta\bin.pbo (if it exists) is screwed up. Because I believe that you otherwise would receive messages saying which ECS_addon, has the class inheritance tree broken.

I believe this is the reason why suddenly the editorUpdate pops up as a requiredAddon, no matter if you used objects from it on purpose or not. Also just make 100000% sure the editorUpdate is truelly loaded in your server as about thousands of ppl make silly little mistakes like forgetting a ; or @, or this or that smile_o.gif

There is no ECS\dta\bin.pbo smile_o.gif

Btw, when i dont run the ECS mod my missions with all the editor update addons work.. Its in there tounge2.gif Its not just the editor update.. it depends what addon is on the map that the server loads when running the ECS mod.

Hmm, just ran through the ECS configs and I dont see wrong class inheritances.

The class inheritance tree seems to be broken by one of your other mods installed on the server.

Why you get the message about editorUpdate when ECS is enabled is unknown to me atm.

Does it also happen to you if you join the server, while you dont have ECS enabled, while the server does?

(this will probably break a lot of stuff, but just need to know if this changes anything for you)

This is with no addons running on the server except 1.09 beta and Queens Gambit..

Tried to Run a QG Mission and Mission without addons.. Just a note for you guys.. Missions without addons do work when all mod folders are running but for this test no mod folders were running apart from BIS Stuff.

http://pastebin.com/m6d1fa229

1st: QueensGambit Map = No Load

2nd: No Addon Map = Loaded

3rd: No Addon Map = Loaded.

I am impressed by the AI improvements. They actually climb scaffolds and enter buildings now!

I was firing from a rooftop, and the AI flanked me and came into the building up the stairs to kill me, CQC just reached complete new intensities! inlove.gif

The only thing i dont like is the fact they took away the sonic bulletcracking, you cant hear it when you are being fired at anymore.

Usually i get killed and i go: Was i being shot at? Didnt know.

A shame really, everything else is good stuff. (except the new arc for m136 launcher... i wish every mod would stop changing that so i can finally guesstimate how high i have to aim for long distances sad_o.gif )

This is with no addons running on the server except 1.09 beta and Queens Gambit..

I get this on our servers when using Queens Gambit Missions.

the only other addons i have on the servers are: @DurgsVegetationFix and the 1.09

error.JPG

Yeah, its definitely the mod.. its somehow not letting the server recognize that there is other mods/addons running and just killing the mission.

Matt,

Check your mail biggrin_o.gif

Question, do you have a list of addons in the server.cfg that clients must match in order to play?

Have you tried turning off, verify signatures and equalmod required?

All three are not activated on my server.

I noticed 2 things in your list of addons that ECS does also, Ras_parachutes and nim weather. Are these turned off in the ECS config? They could cause problems, and have for me, so I turned them off in the ECS config.(check the readme)

Other than that, I'm at a loss why your missions don't work.

aussie dave

correct.

UNLESS joker updated it, E.C.S. was NOT RELEASED for 109 beta. it was released for 108. last i heard (again things may have changed) but he was not going to update it until 109 is completed and out. i have two different icons.

E.C.S. (108)

arma 109 beta.

dont mix the two..

Tried this mod following the install guide from The.D

At first glance it's ok, i like radio chatter and the insects and birds when you enter a wooded area. Tbh, i couldn't notice any other diferences then the added sounds during a few hours of gameplay.

One difference I did notice was that I get 'hickups' now ingame, when moving fast (say in a car or chopper) Once or twice every minute the screen freezes for about half a second. This mod seems to make my arma a bit unstable as I've also gotten more crashes... Could be one of the mods that run beside it but who knows, right now this mod doesn't offer enough for me to try and figure it out. smile_o.gif