Sign in to follow this  
william1

FFN config replacement

Some time ago , TonyRanger released a beautiful minimod that went quite unnoticed between the Arma comunity ,it contained some beautiful features especially the great dodge movement when hit or the cqb movement. Unfortunately those features were only available for his Tr_men.

Well, i thought to give it a new go with a updated replacement config that enables some of ffn mod features to the default Arma soldiers . So you can make an idea of how it works you can see this video:

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIRWI2hQoUw

Credits:

-TonyRanger , for his excellent minimod.

for more information about FFN mod go to

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....;hl=ffn

Sickboy & Killwitch for the tips to make it XEH compatible wink_o.gif

-BIS , for his excellent game.

-William1, replacement config.

update 29-03-08

new version 1.3 released

link:

http://qshare.com/get/166859/FFN_REPLACEMENT_ver_1.3.7z.html

mirror by Armaholic.com:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2887

Mirror updated from Combat-Prison.net

FFN Config Replacement v1.3 by William1

changelog:

- fixed incompatibility with 3rd parties custom animations

- two versions of replacement( install only one at once):

FFN_REPLACEMENT: only dodge and cqb movements , less laggy

FFN_REPLACEMENT_RANGE : dodge and cqb movements and increased engange distance , allows the possibility to activate other ffn features via init line

-corrected officerE showing instead SquadLeaderE and TeamLeaderE

-integrated all fixes into the replacement so only one replacement addon is needed

-made extended eventhandlers compatible (needed)

-taken out some features like supressive fire or especialized soldiers only able to enter vehicles (pilots->planes/choppers,etc)

to reduce the lag to the max

-compatible with other mods like SIX tracers, Maddmats effects and @ECS mod.

(to make it compatible with @ECS mod you have to put @ECS mod before @FFN mod in the loading order , something like this:

"...\Armed Assault\beta\arma.exe" -nosplash -mod=beta;DBE1;@ECS;@FFN;@NWD;@.. )

-initial release.

i tried the mod but i ant see any changes and then i tried one of the init codes from one of the readmes and it said that script wasn't found :P

i only installed the regular version and not xam version.

This is great, just had a quick play in the editor and it really adds something to the AI. They no longer seem like melons they actually react to fire biggrin_o.gif

Great job.

Edit

@ofpdeadeye

All you need it whats in the download given in the first post.

TR_obj.pbo

FFN_REPLACEMENT.pbo

Everythings included.

@ofpdeadeye

only the TR_OBJ.PBO included in file

@Commando84

make sure you install the tr_obj.pbo too , try a firefight with a enemy squad and see how they react in combat smile_o.gif

nice to see someone attempting to actually change the way arma is played.

Nice mod dude smile_o.gif

Any chance you'll be releasing the CQC part seperately? I'm not too fancy about the rest of the config changes, but would love to see the CQC changes as a seperate addon smile_o.gif

This mod changes AI moves and yours too :D

What do you mean exactly? More details please.

I see on the youtube-vid the "take-cover"-stuff :)

But something else has changed?

I mean you (as a player) have got the same new moves like this AI on the movie (strafe left,right, move backward (in prone and crouch)).

WOW ... now this looks like something that once tested ok should enter in the "must have fundamental" addons, with the other usual suspects.

Great thumbs-up.gif

As far as I remember, TonyRanger's scripts... well... they just were SQS scripts - very far from optimized... with it's size - it's horrible load on CPU.

I wonder if this could be rewritten to SQF... there are LOTS of TonyRanger's work in it, full respect TR! notworthy.gif

AFAIK we don't need to ask Author about translating his SQS to SQF, only the original work must be credited like: "Author's code translated by Translator to another language"... correct me if I'm mistaken...

Also scripting EEH functionality (it's not OFP anymore) would be awesome. Replacements shouldn't touch config eventhandlers and whole class definitions. This means also that each mod's feature (such as CQC AI, special FX) could be released as separated .pbo modules - the best example: Sickboy's Packs  smile_o.gif

Apart from that - G.J.  thumbs-up.gif

I mean you (as a player) have got the same new moves like this AI on the movie (strafe left,right, move backward (in prone and crouch)).

You can do that in vanilla ArmA....

You can do that in vanilla ArmA....

yeah, but the end of the animation is strange.. as if it doesn't fit to the change..

The end of the movement is not synchronized with the next animation.

i saw a small bug..

one of the AI machinegunners started to fire straight up in the air, but the enemy everyone else shot at was behind him and on ground level. (meaning, he shot at nothing)

he emptied about 3 boxes this way and then ofcourse started yelling he was out of ammo.

i have not seen this bug before so i guess it´s related to this config.

and one more question, is it possible to make this config affect all units? not only the standard BIS units?

and one more question, is it possible to make this config affect all units? not only the standard BIS units?

ffn effects should affect all units , not only default ones smile_o.gif

I notice in the readme it has engangement range changed .. is there a possibility that could be removed?

I say this as Truerange (more hardcore) and Truemods (lesser hardcore) versions work well as that addon on its own. I think engagement ranges are very particular to taste as apposed to alot of the other parts in this, just my 2 cents worth.

Also maybe add the readme specifics in the first post, otherwise it isn't fully clear what it all does.

Great thing, thanks a lot. smile_o.gif

However, would it be possible to split this, so one would be allowed to only make use of the CQB enhancements without the other stuff?

Also, I noticed my SIX tracers were not working anymore. huh.gif

I notice in the readme it has engangement range changed .. is there a possibility that could be removed?

Also maybe add the readme specifics in the first post, otherwise it isn't fully clear what it all does.

@mrcash2009

to do that i should modify TR_OBJ.Pbo , what i can't do without Tonyranger permission , but you can try to locate the proper entry in the addon and modify yourself for your own use , i like the way it is.

@oldy41 ,it works with 6thSense.eu-Pack1_v0.3f , i don't use the newest version

anyway if anyone can optimize the configs to make them completely compatible with other mods would be great , as i don't have enough script knowledge to do so , by publishing these configs i just wanted to open the eyes to the comunity to the great possibilities of TonyRanger's FFN mod smile_o.gif

I remember when this was first released, I still don't know why it wasn't well known back then. I mean this mod is close to being as good as SLX was for OFP.