Sign in to follow this  
franze

F/A-18E/F Super Hornet

Cannot you add a "Manual Fire" action for the pilot where he gets control of the weapons?

Last I checked, not with a human gunner. The moment a human gets into the gunner seat, pilot can't take manual control of weapons until he gets out.

Last I checked, not with a human gunner. The moment a human gets into the gunner seat, pilot can't take manual control of weapons until he gets out.

Not if the pilot gets in first and takes manual control then if the gunner gets in his controls don't work properly and pilot still has control.

i think.

@havocsquad

That's sort of the point - only pull back when you need it, not when you want to. If you're flying along in the KB version and you need to make a quick, instantaneous pullout, chances are you'll go right into the dirt.

That said, I'm implementing a G-force script on the aircraft right now that should help to prevent too much abuse with the stick. Pull over 7.5Gs for too long and risk damage!

@Baron von Beer

I'd need to call some additional eventhandlers then?

Strange, I never have those problems when I fly with the (KB) version.  For me it does quite well anytime I needed to pull out of a bad situation.  Maybe 5 to 10% more elevator coefficient needed, but its reasonably close.  Then again though, not very many people have over 1,100 flight hours in modern combat sims.

The upgraded flight characteristics are an definate improvement over the 0.15 ones. Very nice you changed that a bit. Its a little bit less nervous.

However there still is some strange behaviour with sharp turns and then climbing. Moving quickly over three axis...

But its getting there for sure!

Could you provide my allittle information about the AGM84 because Ive not figured out why it doenst arrive at the target many times. What is the max distance you put into the config, and what is the best suggested release speed and altitude?

The AGM154 is F...... awesome really I think that is awesome having a stand off distance near to 8000.

Can that weapon also be armed with another warhead in RL??? Because I dont allways need the bomblets crapping the whole area. But just a solid hit direct on target with the stand off distance. Havent got anything else that will fly that far.

Also the 2000lb weapons are nice to really drop the bomb.

Very cool addon, cant wait for the next upgrade.

xmas_o.gif

edit

I had my canopy fly off when I was taxiing. I wanted to do the "cool" taxi to the runway, and close canopy there. And I didnt even taxi that fast but the canopy flew of. As if it had broken of its hinges due to the wind. Did you actually implement that? crazy_o.gif Or is it uber coincidence..? At the time I was like wow_o.gif Did that just happen. And I sat there for a bit, and turned arround to get the other jet. biggrin_o.gif

Franze, my compliment for your hard work, but especially for your positive reactions about bug reports and that you will support the addon further.

Could you please think of an audio warn signal for enemy radar or missile tracking in the next version?

Actually if a missile is fired at you, there is the text message on the screen and the chaffs and flares fired, but you hear no acoustic warn signal..i´m pretty sure the real F/A-18 E/F has this feature wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Any objections to those assignments and/or ideas for other assignments?

Recon Super Hornet - with multi-function reconnaissance pod (SHARP).

Now the situation is BLUFOR has air superiorty - it's a must have to equip Shilkas manually with Mando Missiles (fake Tunguska).

Quote[/b] ]Any objections to those assignments and/or ideas for other assignments?

Recon Super Hornet - with multi-function reconnaissance pod (SHARP).

Now the situation is BLUFOR has air superiorty - it's a must have to equip Shilkas manually with Mando Missiles (fake Tunguska).

agreed this bird is very hard to take down the only thing ive found to work against it is another f 18 and even then its hard cos of its countermeasures. It is by far the best thing to hit arma so far and has really improved the airsupport available all we need now is a carrier to launch them from and to test the tail hook smile_o.gif

BLUFOR air superiority? nah, Deanosbeano Su30 is already integrated with mando missile addon 2.3 wink_o.gif

Su30 ArmA

Actually far more mature than the current F18 / F16.

Ok, updated to Beta 0.25. Download it here or see the main page.

Changes:

- Added Over-G feature.

- Various bug fixes, including transparent texture bugs and animation issues.

- Arming menu GUI improved.

- Introduced pre-selected loadouts to GUI. To use, simply click the loadout button and then load the weapons.

- Pre-selected loadouts are available in script form. To use, place this in the init line:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

[this] exec "\fz_f18\arming_aws\load_***.sqs"

*** can be one of the following:

cas - Loads pre-selected CAS

cap - Loads pre-selected CAP

strike - Loads pre-selected Strike

extended_cap - Loads Extended CAP

extended_strike - Loads Extended Strike

tanker - Loads aircraft as a tanker (only applies to F/A-18F)

@Matt Rochelle

I've never seen that in action before. When I get a human gunner, I lose control of my weapons period.

@-HUNTER-

Depends on which AGM-84 version you're using. The AGM-84D will only work on sea-borne targets. The AGM-84H will work on land based targets with the GPS function... Should be able to hit targets from a fairly long distance.

The AGM-154 variant that was going to have a penetrating 500lb warhead was canceled. So there's only the AGM-154A and AGM-154C, both deploying submunitions.

The canopy must be closed if you plan on going faster than 30kts. If the canopy is open and you go above that speed, it breaks off.

@Blue_Flight

Implemented in 0.25 now. smile_o.gif

@NoRailgunner

Another solution is to recycle the weapons from the aircraft itself. Use the fz_f18_aim9m_2 weapon in conjunction with ZSUs and they make an effective low altitude deterrent.

@nastros

Actually, a few solid 23mm hits from the ZSU-23-4 will take it out or at least severely damage it. Triple-A is by far more effective than missiles. smile_o.gif

@Mandoble

Sweet! A little complicated but that's not a bad thing. Keep it up! smile_o.gif

In fact Im trying to integrate that in the F18F too, but it is only usable with both driver and commander being humans as currently the pilot ignores all the doMove commands comming from the WSO consoles, so you end turning and turning and turning forever.

Can the pilot be the group leader or does the script require the WSO to be the group leader? I think you should be able to perform a doMove on the pilot if he's the group leader.

I will look into making a different F/A-18F version where the WSO is the gunner.

I did try even with different groups for pilot and commander, and no luck, but in this case the pilot is at least able to follow waypoints. Curiously, with enemy tanks nearby, the pilot decided to empty his gun firing at the sea. Might be he "thinks" he has a moveable turret for the gun?

So far, this is all I get:

Pilot went fishing with M61... That's new.

What I meant to try was both crew members in the same group, but pilot as commander of the group. That seemed to work when I tested it, even though the pilot only followed fire commands.

I think another F/A-18F is on the agenda, set with a gunner in the rear seat instead of WSO, and some minor mods of the rear cockpit to turn it into one of the dual-control variants.

LOLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I saw first time the pic on first site, I fought its a real life pic to compare with your addon hahaha xDDDDD

What does it means? I am stupid or this addon is superior mega great? xD

But wt* you are doing?!?!?! You wanna make ArmA a flight sim?!?!!

xD

@Stavanger, Old Bear, Hoot, & Big

Thanks for the mirrors. thumbs-up.gif

@Vultar

Close... But not quite. Just giving air support some more (and better) teeth. smile_o.gif

Nice work your work is top line here wink_o.gif Love it, but for the weapons GUI for adding diffrent weapons to the jet is there a way you can just make it work via option in game? Like haveing the GUI built in to the jets so there would be no script adding all the time. Just placeing the jets in game and haveing that option to the GUI, haveing it like in the pbo file.

Did anyone test 0.25 on dedicated? Does it work or CTDs may appear? Otherwise, 0.25 is working great in SP!

I must say, these Jet's are some serious fun!

especially in the editor around the afghan desert..

rofl.gif