Sign in to follow this  
operation madman

Do you like Evolution?

I am sick and tired of evolution and the missions based on it. When i played ofp. People were playing CTF all the time. And i was made as this is sopose to be played like a sim and what do people do? Play CTF  rofl.gif

Know the promblem of is evolution and is no longer CTF. I love coop but evolution is a single player mission. You die and just come back and pick a vehicle up and play lone wolf for the rest of the day. BORRING!! I dont want to play SP i want to play coop but you guys force me to play SP

I think there are about 1337 billion topics here in the forum ... all about pro/contra evolution and coop vs pvp huh.gif

dude....nobody forces you to do anything....play or no play....the choice is all your's rofl.gif

I stopped playing public 8 months ago, evolution ruined everything.

@MEDICUS

and there are 1379 post like yours....ahhhrg...never mind.

@topic

are there any other public servers wich are running non evolution maps? i think there are 2 or 3 servers with non evolution maps.

i play multiplayer coop maps in the editor in sp mode- for me its ok and fun.....

You can visit our -=BAC=- server (type BAC in your filters)

To attract people we can have Domination on our server, but we also have a nice selection of coops.

Just ask for it to an admin, or help yourself if there is none smile_o.gif

Note: server's running 1.09beta.

Quote[/b] ]and there are 1379 post like yours....ahhhrg...never mind.
Yes, true.

But i'm right ... and you know it. biggrin_o.gif

are there any other public servers wich are running non evolution maps? i think there are 2 or 3 servers with non evolution maps.

Only once a week, but n1 coop: click

Or try ACP in your filter. We play mostly coop, but aren't public all the time.

MfG, Medicus smile_o.gif

dude it is only a map played bye Coop players...

what ya looking for to play i find it for ya

or check out this League for great 60 v 60 + games PVP

so all these complainers that say there is no PVP games i laugh and prepare to battle here >>>

http://arma.totalgamingnetwork.com/index.php

im sure there are lots more leagues too if you are attached to a Squad

quit moaning and start killing welcome.gif

I like Evolution but inevitably i got tired of it, its long, persistent and can still be fun sometimes, a simple no brainer.

What i dont like is people bashing it like shit, its disrespectfull towards the creator and the great deal of time and effort he dedicated to it. Evo is not a simple mission... and the mission editor can burn you out wink_o.gif .

I like the map. What I don't like is the kind of players it most commonly attracts and the amount of servers either running this or that Sahrani Life or what it's called, in proportion to the total amount of public ArmA servers.

What i dont like is people bashing it like shit, its disrespectfull towards the creator and the great deal of time and effort he dedicated to it. Evo is not a simple mission... and the mission editor can burn you out wink_o.gif .

I can only speak for myself, but I'm not bashing the mission, I'm criticizing the server admins who insists on running the same mission over and over again. Would have done that regardless of what mission.

Evolution by itself is a great mission,

somehow I love it for giving us a lot of objectives with a lot of features, bringing us many hours of (sometimes really good) gameplay.

It is one of the few COOP - missions where it is possible to use all of the vehicles that are included in Armed Assault and make effective use of the full spectrum of ArmA - warfare.

If you have some players on your server who are willing to play cooperative ( ..and I mean -cooperative- ), nearly every scenario may be planned and executed.

And somehow I hate it for using its point orientated ranking system (which unfortunately is necessary if you play/host this mission public), which makes a lot of people who frequently play EVOLUTION very "selfish" in their behaviour when they go and play other COOP - missions..

In Evolution you have to gather quite a great amount of points for beeing allowed to use the heavy machinery, even for the use of some better infantry - equipment it is necessary to gather points first.

So what people do is go and gather points the fastest way they can, starting to watch and check the scoreboard for their score very frequently.

The thing why I do not like Evolution for that is the fact, that those players start to behave that way in all other COOP - missions, too.

Some symptoms of beeing "Infected" by Evolution:

People start to blow up unmanned vehicles instead of securing the area for beeing able to capture it.

People go and die a lot because they try to engage large enemy forces by their own instead of requesting help from other teammates, even if they are under heavy fire from those enemies.

They will not stay in cover, mark their and enemy positions on the map and wait for friendly reinforcements to arrive,

but they will shoulder their M136 and try to blow up one of those tanks even though small arms bullets from all directions are whizzing by..

And don't get me wrong, I like Evolution, it is a great mission.

But this mission "infecting" unaware people with it's point orientated ranking system is a serious problem in my opinion and I just wanted to mention that.

All you need is to be careful not to get yourself an

"Evolution - Overdose".

wink_o.gif

I know the person who made evolution worked very hard but isnt that enough??? It is played on 90% of active servers.

I like small coop games of 3-10 players. It is more tatical and realistic.

The majority of the people voted that they dont like evolution. So why not go to some good coop missions?? Saying that there is a lack of coop missions is stupit as i believe someonereleased a pack of 110 coop missions.

Hello all,

IMHO this isn't really about evolution, rather its about the lack of long and involving COOP maps.

Folks play Evo due to the fact it's semi persistant, and the availability of all the different mission types and areas to fight in etc etc.

Norm coop missions are great but do end quickly and don't give the level of satisfaction one gets in Evo.

If there was a way to "group" single maps to play one after the other, ad random events (and carry over equipment etc) that would end the global supremecy of evo.

But at the moment Evo offers the best Coop (jump in and jump out) gameplay.

There are other maps which are catching up, like Domination vs AI but none quite equal the simplicity of evo which appeals to the masses.

Don't get me wrong, I too, get bored of it and wish for hardcore no respawn maps, but that's just me and I'm not in the majority.

Also, there are alot of bad/unbalanced maps out there, which put folk off, so people tend go for tried and tested scenarios.

(I know there's good uns too, like alot of Xeno's maps, whom im a bit of a fan of, even though i cant get on his server!wink_o.gif.

Evo Blue and Red also upped the stakes and refreshed what was becoming a stayed and dull experience.

So, for all the caveates I am a fan of Evo (as long as it keeps evolving!wink_o.gif and think it has a very necessary place on servers.

Oh, If i dont fancy plying it i just join an empty server as admin and whack up another map, and soon have folk joining me smile_o.gif Try it on the GOL Public server (just remember to d/l those addons!wink_o.gif

Rgds

LoK

BULLSHIT talking

EVOLUTION is the best and still the best

i play evry day biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]BULLSHIT talking

No need to cap you opinion and flame one other. Opinions simply can't be all the same.

But i agree EVO and its variations 'were' fun as it was one of the first platforms that was released for ArmA that made people join in large groups while it allowed a long-open-dowhatyoufeel type of mission.

But i guess the rank system, kind of players etc...has over time killed it. Imho i simply can't beat a good (small) unranked coop be it PP vs PP, PP vs AI.

Like mentioned, it is in a certain way a brain on 0 mission and at times there simply isn't any cooperative between players. It happens but only on certain servers and with certain players.

Like mentioned in many other topic about it, we can't blame the maker of it, but it is indeed a big shame 99% of the server have this mission or its variation playing.

I'm glad Foxhound was able to fix his server and we could enjoy some oldschool coop missions with friends.

Offcourse many will think different, but imho EVO is played by BF and those other (acrade) games, as it fits their needs (score, ranks and many respawns). Sad ArmA had to evolved into this, but what one can do about it...

In short, just not my piece of fun.

Give me an coop where you are in the first place proude you survived a 1-2-3h battle with different kind of objective without beeing killed. The fact you helped your team alive and together made it untill the end with tactics and communication.

after the hit he has scored with evo and its variations ..

maybe the author [kiljoy] could focus his attention on some old school type co ops .

i for one still think sf duke is the best map made dont get me wrong evo is something special a little long in the tooth now though ...

kiljoy is obviously a mega talented guy .. his work speaks for itself .

come on kiljoy blow us old timers away give us some traditional co ops .. if they are half as good as duke you ll have us all hooked.

(duke = a kiljoy co op)

we are asking for it ... if not begging

best wishes kiljoy long may you rule

notworthy.gif

Quote[/b] ]No.

I don't consider Evolution a COOP mission.

hey b6

i dont think anybody thinks of evo as an old school co op .... it is a unique game mode ... a good if not the best piece of mission editing there is ... only wished kiljoy would make more traditional co ops ... ala sf duke

(show me a better co op if you know of one )

come on kiljoy more for the old school

all the best b6 hope you are well keep them co ops coming mate ...

b2 out ... smile_o.gif

No.

what is it then if it not a COOP biggrin_o.gif

you work with others on the same side i consider it a COOP...

the side missions can also provide lots of fun

i like all types of game play and wish there was more mappers out there to make good missions like Evo

No.

you work with others on the same side i consider it a COOP...

the side missions can also provide lots of fun

i like all types of game play and wish there was more mappers out there to make good missions like Evo

The problem is you don't cooperate in Evo, you lay prone and shoot people with your scoped rifle. :P

No.

Evo isn't a coop. It's more like a coop CTI.

Good to play alone for a few hours.

MfG Medicus

How many more Evolution complaint threads we need here?

This and the recent flaming comments leads only to one decision:

dancing-lock.gif