Sign in to follow this  
_Pingu_

MAG 58 with aimpoint

You know i love your work .. but all those single addons are making me 'ugh' crazy_o.gif

How about a full blown weapons mod with all your stuff included? smile_o.gif

Yeah, I will release a whole mod with all the 58s and the tripod mount when I'm done. It'l even have a crate.

pingu, may i request a sandbag wall mounted MAG?

and some other versions that are "mounted" onto walls, bunkers and stuff like that...

use whatever is available in the game already wink_o.gif

Even if you dont plan to release a large pack at the moment, you should just use one thread for your M240 addons. Good job anyway, I will be trying this one out later.

YacieK If you have nothing constructive to add to the thread, then don't post.

The gun looks great with the Aimpoint - thanks very much, Pingu - looking forward to the ammo crate version! smile_o.gifpistols.gif

Please also do the 249 with the ACOG and Aimpoint and release them all together, that would be wicked.

Please also do the 249 with the ACOG and Aimpoint and release them all together, that would be wicked.

Yes concur with Mabes - that would be cool! pistols.gif

Thanks Sir biggrin_o.gif

EDIT - and if you're really feeling creative - would you please consider the cut down M249 with M4 stock? Just an idea that popped into my head. smile_o.gif

Wikipedia Pic

Same fixes as my other mod, this one has an aimpoint with an aimpoint texture that doesn't look like a retard with a crayon stabbing a pane of glass.

Edit: Oh and the name is m240_aimpoint

Mirrors welcome, again:

http://rapidshare.com/files/94565819/m240_aimpoint.zip.html

could u plz write a tutorial on how to edit and add a modified weapon model to arma. it doesnt have to be very detailed about the actual editing of the model just stuff that u must do and how to create a config smile_o.gif

While everyone is making suggestions I'll just get in line wink_o.gif

Can you make the aimpoint actually work (see SLX Example) in the next version, please?

Yes concur with Mabes - that would be cool! pistols.gif

Thanks Sir biggrin_o.gif

EDIT - and if you're really feeling creative - would you please consider the cut down M249 with M4 stock? Just an idea that popped into my head. smile_o.gif

Wikipedia Pic

Or even the M240 with M4 stock (M240E6, check out the FNH Law Enforcement site for pics)

MAG 58 ? but it it's BIS M240 G model, FN MAG is different than M240G in some details (muzzle flash hider is different)

and MAG 58 (FN-MAG) do not have picatiny rail

so this addon is like making M16 addon using M16A1 model, if name was M240 with scope i wouldn't cryticise

Look, we don't use FN MAG 58s as they arrive from the factory in australia either, we modify them. We even call them GPMGs. We just call them MAG 58's, it's like calling a shortened barrel m249 a minimi. Who honestly cares? All the classnames are m240 so can we please just agree that I'll call it a MAG 58 and you all can call it whatever the fuck you want. I can't stress enough that it REALLY DOES NOT MATTER.

Look, we don't use FN MAG 58s as they arrive from the factory in australia either, we modify them. We even call them GPMGs. We just call them MAG 58's, it's like calling a shortened barrel m249 a minimi. Who honestly cares? All the classnames are m240 so can we please just agree that I'll call it a MAG 58 and you all can call it whatever the fuck you want. I can't stress enough that it REALLY DOES NOT MATTER.

in many american movies i see actors using AKMS or Romanian AKM and calling them AK47, i can forgive to hollywood movie

but when you make addon to game such as this military almost-simulator you should keep name accuracy

i don't know how in Australian army codename this weapon is called, but word "fuck" should not appear when i gave you an advice

Mag-58 has different muzle flash hider, probably wooden stock and no picatiny rail, rest is the same

like we don't call our Beryls - AK47

there is a picture of Mag58 made by me, of course in google you will find the same

picture

Vilas, why is it so important, you call this a almost military simulator, why then is there Aliens... and so on...

let the man do his addon how he want and call it what he want even if he want to call it a Noob-Canon so what, and let the community choose if they will download it or not....

Well, I have to support Vilas:

IF it matters then use the propper name.

IF it doesn't matter then just call it M240 to keep it within one nomenclature.

I was wondering myself why the name of wapon was changed.

I'll try it out later, didn't have time so far.

The thing that matters most for me is that you, _Pingu_, should register a tag at ofpec and applying that for your addons. I think you are doing a good job in selecting projects, perfect for my taste and need.

But if you please would be so kind and tag you work and make it to normal community standard?

F.ex pingu is free to register. The only thing you need to change is m240_aimpoint to pingu_m240_aimpoint and m240_aimpoint.pbo to pingu_m240_aimpoint.pbo.

Please consider it..

Quote[/b] ].ex pingu is free to register. The only thing you need to change is m240_aimpoint to pingu_m240_aimpoint and m240_aimpoint.pbo to pingu_m240_aimpoint.pbo.

Ahem, you also need to change all the config-file names to pingu_whatever; basically so that you'd have to write : this addweapon "pingu_m240_aimpoint" instead of...yeah..."m240_aimpoint". The only ones who are allowed to create "addons" without tags really is BIS : and who's to say there won't suddenly come charging an official "m240_aimpoint" which will then cause all kinds of hell with your addon. smile_o.gif

/OFPEC thought police.

Regards,

Wolfrug