Sign in to follow this  
_Pingu_

Completed claymores, need testing.

After input from the beta testing of my claymores, I've done some work one them and here they are (mirrors appreciated):

http://www.armedassault.info/index.p....lang=en

http://www.wglcti.com/addons/claymore.rar

http://rapidshare.de/files/38597570/claymore.pbo.html

http://prison.tibet225.server4you.de/ww2pn...._id=425

Conflicts with the instant view distance mod should be fixed, I personally haven't tested as I'm capped just now and barely able to upload the pbo.

Thank you to DMarkwick for help with effects, I wasn't able to get them perfect for this version but will probably incorporate them in a later version.

New features:

Easy to adjust with peep sight.

New sound.

Minor ballistic changes.

Old features:

Approx 15 meter blast damage.

Realistic shrapnel effective out to 100 meters, dangerous out to about 300.

Multiplayer compatible, other players can turn your claymores around and disarm them.

Using the claymores

Drop the pbo in like any other mod, go to the mission editor and place a ClaymoreBox from the Ammo section.

Note: There must be a ClaymoreBox on the mission for the claymores to function, the scripts are initialized via the box (so you can't just addMagazine a soldier, you must both addMagazine and place a box somewhere).

If you wish to put the claymores in your own boxes and such, use the classnames "ClaymorePrimary" and "ClaymoreSecondary". With these you can store claymores in primary and secondary ammo slots correspondingly.

To place a claymore, simply use your menu to place it. Once that is done any time anyone is close to the claymore they will get two menu options, to disarm and to sight in the claymore.

Disarming is as simple as selecting disarm claymore, you will get the claymore back as a PrimaryClaymore in your primary ammo slot.

Sighting in is easier and much more accurate than in the old version, simply select sight in and you will get a peep sight view from the position of the claymore. In this view you can use the w, a, s and d keys to rotate and pitch the claymore. You can switch on night vision using n. Once you have your claymore sighted in, hit escape and it's ready to fire.

I'm releasing this to get some feedback before the 1.0 release which I want to get out within the week thus I'm not likely to accept any major feature requests at this stage.

When I do release these, everyone will be free to use them in thier mods (I'd love to see these in Vietnam) so long as any major changes implemented are made avaliable to the community (which I'll incorporate if they're good) and credit is given.

Thanks for testing guys.

well done mate great work keep it up cant wait for your other works to be complete

all the best

ONI

I'd love to download the updated version but rapidshare.de doesn't like me! Can you upload it to rapidshare.com instead?

No, sorry D: It would take me several hours.

Mirrors anyone?

Good, will try your claymores today! Much needed!!

For version 1.0 you should tag your classnames. Head over to www.ofpec.com if you dont have a tag already. smile_o.gif

Even I know Australians don't use them as a Mine, it would be a good addition to the game if the claymores would have a proximity check, to explode when a soldier or vehicles would come into a certain radius.

Right now, in this edition the claymores are quite useless, since it generally has the same function as satchel charges already have.

It actually is a bit different then a satchel charge. A satchel charge will blow you to bits even when you're on the other side of a building. This on the other hand will not. It is more directional (although to don't stand in back of it or too close. It also does not blow up tanks as easily as a satchel charge.

I gave it a good test defending a small town and it worked quite well overall.

What I would like to see is a Claymore object where a trigger can be used to explode it in the same way as a tripwire. Yes I know Australia doesn't use it that way, but the US Army does and this addon will get used alot with US Army addons (as well as addons of many other nations).

I would also recommend making the Russian equivalent for OPFOR forces.

One big reason for making a trigger detonated version is also so that a mission maker can have one set up so that if the AI detects you in his sector, he detonates the claymore...but that if he doesn't, you can sneak in and either disarm it, or aim it towards the AI. Then you can sneak away to a safer distance, fire at the AI....and BOOM...AI blasts the claymore at himself.

Overall I really like the sound....it really scared the hell out of me the first time I detonated one as it was far more brutal and violent then I expected (earphones nearly blew off my head!!! LOL!wink_o.gif. I also really like the sound of the ball bearings whizzing past your head when you take cover. The aiming function was pretty neat. I need to try and see if I can get it down on a roof top edge and aim it downwards. I can definitely see how this addon will make for killer MP games especially at night where one side is defending a town and the team that is assaulting has to infiltrate and disarm any claymores they come across without the players on the other team detecting them.

So overall I think you did an excellent job. But where is my wire, blasting cap, and crimper? just kidding. lol

Keep up the great work!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

You should really use extended eventhandler to ensure compatibility. smile_o.gif

Nice new release there Pingu smile_o.gif I especially like the sight, it's exactly what it needed, well done on that.

Nice to see you used the new sound as well, it certainly makes a difference eh? But you decided to not use the visuals, well I can understand that as it needs to be shoehorned to be MP compatible, but heck I do prefer mine a lot more wink_o.gif

With your permission I will simply add them in myself, see if I can do anything to make the visuals MP.

It's not actually the sound you sent me, I liked it so much I went out and found the source then edited it to be a bit more scary.

I'd love for you to get effects working, I very much liked them too.

As for proximity detonation, I'm seriously considering including them as an optional detonation method. I think you guys are old enough to decide if you can or want to virtually breach several international treaties. I'm thinking of having an option to lower and raise a seismic sensor sensitivity up to about 30 meters and being able to place that sensor anywhere then get the fuck out of there. It will not have friend or foe identification as realistically it can't.

As for the opfor MON-50 and MON-90, I'd love to implement them and if anyone can provide o2'd textured models of at least comparable quality to the current claymore I will implement the physics.

Pingu we have:

62m

betty

m19

mon200 (or mon100)

Would these be of any use?

It's not actually the sound you sent me, I liked it so much I went out and found the source then edited it to be a bit more scary.

Aha smile_o.gif I knew it was the same sound, but I could also tell it was changed somehow smile_o.gif I like the new one.

I'm trying to imagine ways to detonate these things... is it possible to detonate them via tripwire? I would guess that this would be the single most popular method of setting them up, and thus might be worth scripting it right in. I'm imagining an extra option when planting the devices where you can attach the detonation code to a trigger instead of an Action, a very thin trigger. Then you would place a second object, a simple line model hardly visible, that you could place & rotate similar to how the Claymores used to, with the trigger following it in rotation.

Then you could leave it & forget it, having no Action available for it as the code is now attached to the trigger.

Hi,

first I missed warning about that his addon requires 1.09b to work right. The second thing is about the init by placing an ammocrate.

Why don't you use extended eventhandlers and place an init into men class. For example:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">PINGU_CLAYMORE_INIT = "if (isNil ""PINGU_CLAYMORE_INIT_VAR"") then {PINGU_CLAYMORE_INIT_VAR = true; [] execVM ""\claymore\scripts\init.sqf""};"

This code will run once on every computer to init your claymores.

Even more: As fore me the init doesn't run on non dedicated server like single player. Is this true or just an issue of mine because of the later time?

I've just implemented a tripwire feature, you can set a beginning point and an end point, a thin trigger then goes between the two points and blows the claymore when anything gets inside it.

There's a five second delay between placing the tripwire and it becoming active, I'll release it as soon as I'm finished polishing it.

If that mon-200 model is good, I can use it.

I'd love the effects DMarkwick, let me know if you get them working. (Also, could you please put the textures and such in textures folder? aaaaaaa is rather confusing or whatever it was).

This new item is great, but you must be overcautious using it because you don't see any wire and the trigger may be a bit bigger than you think and if you walk on it ..., but it's a bit like the real thing, don't play with explosives

biggrin_o.gif

I have nevertheless an issue with the sound : it can be triggered and played somewhere else on the map after the claymore is detonate ... again and again.