Sign in to follow this  
leckig

berzerk 2 needs you :)

Guys,

For the last week or two the berzerk 2 beta has been running on 1.09 server.

The participation varies, we had some amazing games this last weekend.

I very much recommend the server, it runs much better than the original berzerk, much more smoothly and has some great new features. For those of you that dont know, BERZERK is a typical player vs player or team vs team game, when you control territories. Very little learning curve, just pure fun and quick, dynamic play.

Give it a shot, you will be glad you did!

greg

The following servers have the latest beta 5 installed:

[MSD] Warserver [currently online]

BERZERK v.2.0 Beta5 No AddOnns PLZ [ currently offline]

[eXa]Joe Flyclapper [currently offline]

007_DE [currently offline]

I'd love to!

The only problem is that I hear 1.09 is not anti-hack/cheat proof?

Are there any servers running it though?

What are the server details?

<a href="www.shadows-online.co.uk" target="_blank">The Shadows Online Community</a>

it does not matter...

I think people dont understand that you can have 1.08 and 1.09 installed at the same time, geeeeeeez, just give it a try!

I hope this isn' t the snipefest of the earlier versions...

I hope this isn' t the snipefest of the earlier versions...

Add BF2 conquest clone to that as well. I suppose if it works....:)

Technically Berzerk is inspired by Battlefield 1985, which was an OFP map which appeared right around when BF1942 came out (2001-2). BF2 is as much of a clone of that sort of gameplay as Berzerk may be...

i didn't start arma since last week ... and i don't miss a thing ...

The only problem is that I hear 1.09 is not anti-hack/cheat proof?

The question is not is it cheat proof but is there available any cheats or hacks to working on it and so far when there is not we are on clear water. Kinda OT.

Berzerk would benefit trying to be more like mini CTI when u can have one commander who would control the player under his teams. That has so far keeping me off from this game mod at least played in public server there is need to better teamplay.

- a handful betatesters with patch 1.09b in 8 weeks

- no servers testing ...

- no replies/ hints ...

so i didn't run arma myself for 10 days now.

whatever, no acceptance = development canceled ...

- no servers testing ...

- no replies/ hints ...

That's just because most ppl are playing 1.08 version. Because that's where u get the numbers. Berzerk v2 is eagerly awaited by the community, don't cancel it pls..

That realy sux, but what we can do? Also in 1.08 only few players play in berzerk ofcourse if we compare it to Evolution which is surprisingly popular (still don't know why)

Zap wait to 1.11, you still have some funs notworthy.gif

- no servers testing ...

- no replies/ hints ...

he he

u've given up pretty quickly wink_o.gif

from other side u know then Berzerk maps are in top 5 most played missions in Arma. Personally, I think it was mistake to make new maps for 1.09 beta. u had to make it for 1.08 or wait until official patch. No wonder no one wants to play 1.09beta so and test ur new edition. May be we can just wait until official patch.

- no servers testing ...

- no replies/ hints ...

Please dont leave your Berzerk development. Its the only game mode I enjoy next to some good co-op.

The berzerk maps are just to well made to leave it just for this reason.

I fully understand your point of view though........I know how hard it is to get some real help with something you have spend so much of your time.

Its just people dont want to test the patch, they want to play.

They dont want to test your maps cause they only want to play them.

I have to agree on the patch thing though. Maybe delay it until the next final patch comes out?

Than you get all the testers you need and are sure your work wont be "bugged" cause the new patch has changed a bit wink_o.gif

No. Don't cancel berzerk. wow_o.gif I mainly play coop but berzerk is the only enjoyable player vs. player mode in ArmA. And with good teams you have that coop in there too. Few weeks ago i played the new beta version on some german server after evening spent at the bar (was pretty drunk) and it seemed good. Didn't see any major problems? Not seen the map since...

At the moment Evolution and Domination is so overplayed and nobody plays good old normal coop maps anymore. This community definetly needs something refreshing. I would enjoy killing other players again in berzerk instead of stupid AI.

And with 1.09b ArmA runs so much better that i don't understand why most are still using the 1.08 and most of the servers are still 1.08.

banghead.gif

Why are most people scared to run the 1.09 beta.. ? Just because its a beta doesn't mean its faulty and is gonna fuck your game up.. its in fact way better than 1.08

Is there any 1.09 server or a place to download this map?

BTW if you released your Bezerk 2.0 map officially on these forums trust me servers would add the map and give you feedback its how it works... you cant ask for better testers these days you just release it to everyone and they will give you the feedback you need plus if everyone saw a BEZERK 2.0 RELEASED thread they would download and add to there servers.

If you really really need i could try to finish the map/bugs off that you have if your gona cancel it. wink_o.gif

No. Don't cancel berzerk.  wow_o.gif I mainly play coop but berzerk is the only enjoyable player vs. player mode in ArmA. And with good teams you have that coop in there too. Few weeks ago i played the new beta version on some german server after evening spent at the bar (was pretty drunk) and it seemed good. Didn't see any major problems? Not seen the map since...

At the moment Evolution and Domination is so overplayed and nobody plays good old normal coop maps anymore. This community definetly needs something refreshing. I would enjoy killing other players again in berzerk instead of stupid AI.

And with 1.09b ArmA runs so much better that i don't understand why most are still using the 1.08 and most of the servers are still 1.08.

banghead.gif

Beta 1.09 lacks in one thing - linux server sad_o.gif

I played Evolution in January due to lack of 1.09 Berzerk servers mad_o.gif currently 1.08 seems to be unplayable for me... I'm poor GF 8600 user...

- no servers testing ...

- no replies/ hints ...

i have been trying to find the mission to put on a server for beta testing but i can't find it anywhere!!

email me the lastest version and i'll put it up.

Yep same here we run four 1.09 servers, its heaps better than 1.08 and I couldnt find your mission anywhere to test. Can u post a link and we'll test it out

erm so translation was waste of my time ?

if You want to fully drop Berserker v2 and leave ArmA (or similar) please release Your latest version as it is

and allow some scripter to continue where you stop (and rest to learn from Your work)

Yea i can't understand either why can't you release the current beta version for public. That way it will get more beta testers for sure and your work will live on. Even if you are not interested anymore. Like armaholic.com or armedassault.eu etc. popular ArmA sites could host your mission. Soon the mission would be all over the place... maybe. Most current players probably don't even read these forums and so they have no clue about berzerk2.

mmm...not very often i post but on this subject i have to know....am reading about a map that nobody is playing, and has'nt been released yet....errrr....mmmm confusing.

Release it and hey people will play it....surely.