Sign in to follow this  
lone.wolf

Best mission making tool..

... found a error, should have been Virtual Training Space 2, not the rich mans VBS2...

Wanted to know the community's opinion, i have been playing around with Bas F and VTS2...

I have had difficulty to found a good help to make single player missions...

Thanx all !!!  yay.gif

Virtual BattleSpace 2huh.gif maybe you spelled it wrong m8... unless you don't own VBS2 tounge2.gif

Anyway i think that VBS2 offers a more advanced mission editor, cause it has been designed for the Army!

Urban Patrol Script by Kronzky. biggrin_o.gif Still unpararelled in its ease-to-use, wide-ranging features and kickass AI. thumbs-up.gif

Other than that, the vanilla ArmA mission editor and a comref. wink_o.gif

Regards,

Wolfrug

Quote[/b] ]I have had difficulty to found a good help to make single player missions...

Maybe ask your questions in ArmA editing forums too? There are no stupid questions.

Mission editor and Chris's script editor is all you need.

Missions without DAC2 should be forbidden.

Amen! Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get my head around it yet confused_o.gif lol

That and DAC2 tounge2.gif

That and DAC2 tounge2.gif

What the hell is DAC 2?

Guest Ti0n3r

I've been using the vanilla editor together with ArmA edit by that Chris guy since the start tounge2.gif

UPS works best cause its easy to get it working, i tried DAC and it seems kick ass but its impossible to work something out with it cause of some mysterious wrong addon message even though i have the correct addons. tounge2.gif And the massive amounts of scripts even scared off one of my programmer friends.. crazy_o.gif

The arma mission editor.

Script edit by jade gear.

DAC2 for large missions that need randomness.

@celery

DAC2 is a system of scripts that let you create random units on the map and have them automaticly patrole move around support each other etc.

There is no best tool... it all depends on what you are trying to do. If you make adversarial missions only DAC II might not be for you... personally i think DAC II is brilliant and im quite satisfied with what i've gotten out of it so far.

It can be used in many diferent ways and is extremely user friendly, flexible and reliable, i love it thumbs-up.gif .

I have to say that DAC2 is hands-down the best addon for ArmA currently. But it's not really a mission creator, I see it as a background "layer" to any mission you make over it. It's terrific for making intelligent, realistic and dynamic incidental activities in less than 2 minutes that would take you days to make otherwise.

UPS is likewise a terrific script, and does add a lot to AI. I find that a combination of addons/scripts often works great. DAC2 is my first choice. Second choice would be a combo of UPS, TrueRangeAI addon and 2ndSuppression addon. I don't recommend mixing either of those with DAC2 however.

UPS is better than DAC2 for urban patrols. DAC2 does not like to make patrols walk the streets, instead they skirt around a built-up area. UPS will get troops patrolling down any street or road within it's area. UPS also adds excellent flanking abilities.

DAC2 is superior in all other areas though. I guess you can mix DAC2 with UPS to get a total patrol solution, however be sure to lose TrueRangeAI and 2ndSupression if you do.

So, in summary:

1. DAC2

2. UPS + TruerangeAI + 2ndSuppression

I have to say that DAC2 is hands-down the best addon for ArmA currently. But it's not really a mission creator, I see it as a background "layer" to any mission you make over it. It's terrific for making intelligent, realistic and dynamic incidental activities in less than 2 minutes that would take you days to make otherwise.

UPS is likewise a terrific script, and does add a lot to AI. I find that a combination of addons/scripts often works great. DAC2 is my first choice. Second choice would be a combo of UPS, TrueRangeAI addon and 2ndSuppression addon. I don't recommend mixing either of those with DAC2 however.

UPS is better than DAC2 for urban patrols. DAC2 does not like to make patrols walk the streets, instead they skirt around a built-up area. UPS will get troops patrolling down any street or road within it's area. UPS also adds excellent flanking abilities.

DAC2 is superior in all other areas though. I guess you can mix DAC2 with UPS to get a total patrol solution, however be sure to lose TrueRangeAI and 2ndSupression if you do.

So, in summary:

1. DAC2

2. UPS + TruerangeAI + 2ndSuppression

I personally have great results with (a slightly edited) version of 2nd supprussion+Truerange+DAC2, i do get an error from 2nd's script but it does not harm anything in any way.

I personally have great results with (a slightly edited) version of 2nd supprussion+Truerange+DAC2, i do get an error from 2nd's script but it does not harm anything in any way.

I'd be interested in hearing about the edit you did smile_o.gif

I worry that the 2nd suppression and DAC2 error means that somewhere the AI is affected adversely, whether that would be DAC2 or 2ndSuppression I don't know & not really tested.

The TrueRangeAI I found to be rather overpowering when combined with the communication abilities of DAC2, I love the long distance firefights but after a lot of playing I found the advantage of one is multiplied by the advantage of the other, giving you a very hard time just moving about. So I just separate them & use either-or, but I'd be interested to hear your impressions.

I don't know what is causing it... It might be problem when creating or respawning units, atleast that what i've noticed usually error emerges if mission respawns or creates units. Which DAC2 i doing, ain't it?

Is error this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_man = sup_unitarray find (units _grp select _a)

or this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_skill_bank = (sup_skillarray select _man)

If it is, then problem is in array which stores either (i don't remember which one xmas_o.gif ) indivudual training level or in array which stores specific unit. I don't know what is the problem or why it emerges? maybe array get some sort douple values: Two scripts stores their data to this array in exactly same time to that same place in array... Is it possible at all?

Only problem by my understandment (but i'm dumb) it causes that it doesn't alert skill level acording to suppression level (their shooting accuracy ain't dropped etc). Group will seek cover etc still.

Sickboy works on his AI BattleManager .... so that fit the "other" entry in poll smile_o.gif

Is it possible to combine DAC 2 and UPS, so UPS is used in the cities and DAC 2 in out cities...

Any news on getting a RealTimeEditor like the one in VBS2, i seen one try but nothing special....