Sign in to follow this  
maddogx

Pilfius + arma = <3

Alternative to this program is VAC

Hi GrassyKnollington,

Do you know where I can find an ArmA profile for VAC?

Tried PiLfIuS 0.9 Beta but it keep crashing on my rig and I really don't like thoose "pimped" GUI's (not complaining since it's is free, just my opinion).

/KC

KeyCat, do you use a non-english keyboard layout? Pilfius doesn't like the ^ character, which is the key for selecting all squad members -at least on german keyboards. If you press that key, Pilfius will crash.

If you change that key to something else, Pilfius will be ok. Or you can change the keyboard layout to english for Pilfius and ArmA.

KeyCat, do you use a non-english keyboard layout?

Thanks for the pointer MadDogX! Could be the reason since I'm using a Swedish keyboard layout, will try again.

Still, if anyone knows where to find an ArmA profile for VAC I would appreciate it since I intend to try VAC as well.

/KC

As I remember its quick and easy to do your own profile to VAC. I used it in OFP and I never use default layout.

Maybe i am wrong but i thing before i can get the "all"-command i have to hold down constantly the "command"-button.

My question: how do you manage with pilfius the   p e r m a n e n t   hold-down-button?

Alternative to this program is VAC

Hi GrassyKnollington,

Do you know where I can find an ArmA profile for VAC?

Tried PiLfIuS 0.9 Beta but it keep crashing on my rig and I really don't like thoose "pimped" GUI's (not complaining since it's is free, just my opinion).

/KC

Afternoon KeyKat. You can download a VAC profile for ArmA here:

http://www.tacticalsites.com/~buccaneer/

You will find it on Downloads page 3

I like the way VAC is supported. Unlike the free programs, if a user has a good idea to include within the program, he logs in to the support forum and logs his idea. If the idea is a good one, Shift_E (the programs author) usually implements it within a couple of days.

Shoot (which I used to use before VAC) has not been updated for about 4 years! And lets face it, $10 (about 5 quid) for a lifetimes licence, on a peace of very good software isn't that bad.

Thanks for the VAC profile GrassyKnollington. It's always a bit easier to have something to start with instead of starting from scratch...

/KC

Wow... downloading this as soon as I get home. Thanks for this!

hi i just found out about this program and it seems like a great idea but i cant seem to get it to work.

I am using vista so i did the vista speech recognition setup and loaded up the arma profile in pilfius and run arma but for some reason it does not recognize commands in game.

voice recognition works on desktop and on the pilfuis command list thing but i does not work in game makes me feel that i am missing something here, i tried assigning push to talk, push to toggle and always on with no use.

any help is appreciated.

Really weird, it should work with this setup. Try to set constant listening, not push-to-talk...

Hm.. maybe you have audio mixing turned on - so when in game, it also records game sounds apart from your voice and can't recognize commands... Check this out and set only the microphone as the input source.

Mine works fine with Vista, (setup for VR was very time consuming).

I only use it for SP play.

VOIP/Comms interferes, or maybe I missed an option?

I used another program, VAC, and I had the option to disable the program if I pushed a button of my choice. If I choosed the same button as TS VAC disabled itself while I was talking to other players.

See if you can find anything similar to that.

Here are my pilflus command lists for ArmA and OFP. They're based on the list found on pilflus website, but I added a lot of additional commands, including mounting vehicles, watching a particular direction, team selection by colors (after assigning), etc.

Some commands can be said in multiple ways, f.e.:

return to formation = fall back into formation = follow me = get back

squad = all = everyone = everybody

Mounting works when you're already inside a vehicle, the commands are:

get in = get in anywhere

ride in back = get in back

gunner get in

driver get in = pilot get in

disembark = get out = out

In OFP list I also added movement commands, like: move west 500.

http://soundscapes.cozywebhost.com/stuff/arma_ofp_pilflus.zip

Thanks for posting that command list Soohy, I'll give it a whirl. I've found Pilfius has saved my arse a number of times. No longer having to take your fingers of the movement keys and mouse to order the AI spastics around helps.

Can get a little confusing with Teamspeak running at the same time, but push to talk goes a long way to solving that.

Nice to see more people discovering voice recognition and as said in title it really ads to the immersion when giving orders to AI!

I personally use VAC and I'm surprised how well it works in ArmA (and other sims) even with my sometimes wierd swedish/english accent smile_o.gif

Thanks for the mute addon Soohy I will try it out next time.

/KC

I´d like to try it, but im lacking a

"Speech Recognition Engine"...

Im runing Vista32, were do i find one..??

PS: Link please

Google for SpeechSDK51.exe - it's required for plifius.

I think you must be running an English version of Vista for it to work.

For some reason MS decided to not include the required files in localized Vista versions. I've heard rumors that it's possible to install English as a secondary language if you have Vista Ultimate but nothing I've tried since I still use XP Pro (and gonna keep doing that for while).

/KC

What is the current version of Pilfius? Googling around I can only find 0.9 which seem to be from 2007, and the Pilfius homepage is unaccessible at the moment :S

I had to download voice recognition from microsoft website for my localized vista.

@MadDogX - could you add the following links to the 1st post please in order to make things easier?

Speech SDK 5.1

ArmA_OFP_pilflus.zip

mute.zip (tiny addon to mute your in-game voice, so it doesn't repeat every command you speak to the mic. In your profile choose "Mute" as your character voice.)

Thanks Soohy for the links and info. smile_o.gif

Ill have a try out for sure.

What is the current version of Pilfius? Googling around I can only find 0.9 which seem to be from 2007, and the Pilfius homepage is unaccessible at the moment :S

The site is http://pilfius.com.ar/default.php (without "www"). 0.9 is latest.