Sign in to follow this  
Αplion

HWM Addon Pack v2.0

I am very pleased with your add ons and look forward to your future relelases. I hope to see some sort of attack aviation and a Leopard 2A6 from your group. We have never experienced any problems or malfunctions with your add ons. WE are loyal gamers scince the OFP days.

Thanks again for your hard work.

A lot of ppl won't use the mod if they can't use others >_<

But since I don't have this problem I don't mind biggrin_o.gif Love this sound mod, i looove the sound of the Mp5 its my Fav weapon and you made it sound awesome ^_^ but as for the Marakov pistol it sounds like the sound was taken when it was shot at a distance. It should be more like this

hearing it loud and up close ^_^

_mainframe @ Feb. 08 2008,10:42)]Rubberkite as shown above we are not offended.

I did this because we feel offended and strongly disagree with comments like that.

Quote[/b] ]Posted by Dwarden: Feb. 08 2008,02:40

so after painful hour of trial tests i finally pinpointed addon pack which caused huge XEH troubles

HWM pack 2.0 ... most of XEH addons cease to work at all or just work randomly ...

so ... bash You lovely mod makers to develop only XEH compliant mods or "get lost" smile_o.gif

nothing in ungood just be compatible smile_o.gifrofl.gif

I am just saying that making HWM dependent on other addons (when there is no need to) is not an option.

As I already stated, if you discover something that can be done to give compatibility in both addons, then there is no reason not to make the changes.

Maybe the users of EH would willing to help too instead of making insulting comments.

First, bravo on the handling of his "get lost" remark. I can't imagine there is actually people that seriously feel this way towards HWM, but I suppose it's possible. My personal feeling differs slightly. In my opinion, HWM is one of the our community's greatest assets. One of many, of course, but top notch content creators nonetheless. I use their vehicles in every mission I edit for myself, these fellas sure make damn good stuff. biggrin_o.gifthumbs-up.gif

But I digress.

My actual intention of this post is to support HWM + XEH compatibility. Although my direct knowledge of using XEH and creating AddOns/Mods in general is nil. For some reason I have a feeling that there is some misunderstanding involved in this current discussion. On who's part, I have no idea.

A quick question... Is making an AddOn or Mod XEH compliant something that could benefit everyone, that is if adding XEH was standard in all community made content? The impression I have gathered is XEH compliance/dependence across all created content could help ensure that everyone's "stuff" works in Harmony.

Am I way off base with my assumptions?

Well if XEH can help in this manner, could it be that HWM is has gathered the wrong impression about XEH's functionality, implementation, etc.? From what I gathered from [HAC]_mainframe's reply, I get the feeling that HWM views adding XEH compatibility more like something that could obstruct the functions/capabilities of the HWM vehicles, weapons, etc. Again, I could be way off with my impressions here and thus I'm making a fool of my self smile_o.gif

Now obviously HWM has more knowledge, vision, talent, then I will ever possess. But it seems to me that making future HWM releases XEH compatible will only enhance the end users HWM experience. This isn't easy for me to say but IMHO ultimately adding XEH will make these vehicles, units, weapons even better.

I hope XEH will be considered. I love to use your stuff. Truthfully, I think it is easily some of the best content for ArmA. The problem for me is that some of the other user made content I consider my favorites are mentioned here as "not compatible" due to this XEH usage.

EDIT:

Quote[/b] ] TrunkzJr

But since I don't have this problem I don't mind biggrin_o.gif Love this sound mod, i looove the sound of the Mp5 its my Fav weapon and you made it sound awesome ^_^ but as for the Marakov pistol it sounds like the sound was taken when it was shot at a distance. It should be more like this

TrunkzJr,

Did they incorporate a sound mod for non-HWM made weapons? If this is true, now I'm wondering whether or not I've been mistakenly thinking these sounds by HWM were coming the new FFAMM version and the newly released AACF Sound Mod. I've been switching between those 2 sound mods. At least that's what I thought. huh.gifwow_o.gif

Manzilla and I have not seen eye to eye before.... but on this one i feel he is right on. I think interpretations of what people write on here get blown out of proportion. On the other hand with the mass number of add ons out there, is it really the responisibility of the HWM team to make sure thier stuff is compatable with everyone else's. Manzilla hit the nail right on the head when he said the HWM stuff is an asset. I have yet to make a mission without thier equipment in it.

i'm really sorry if someone took my words as outrage ...

guess some people never understand sarcasm nor irony esp from someone with 'moderator' or similar tag ...

anyway what i tried to say is that i hope authors of this great mod consider support and use of XEH (eXtended EventHandlers) for future release(s)

{for example thru optional XEH bridge replacing default HMW EHs}

that allows addon to be compatible with others addons which allows not only use such ones together but also combine features from one in other and vice versa ...

in short pretty please  notworthy.gif and sorry  whistle.gif

I think you are in the wrong thread my friend, HWM isn't a sound mod.

As for the XEH future compatibilty, i preffer to drop this discussion for now, for us what matters is to inform us, which addons of the pack or the whole pack are incompatible?

few people before stated that the HWM_Air.pbo is cauing is incompatible with others? i'd like to know if this pbo is the problem or there is a problem with others?

@Dwarden we consides this as a misunderstanding, since we're not native english, we can't understand the same way some sarcasm expressions.

I report that the problem is only with HWM_Air.pbo

when I place comment on EH lines all works of course except the feature that are removed by comment lines.

..., for us what matters is to inform us, which addons of the pack or the whole pack are incompatible?

few people before stated that the HWM_Air.pbo is cauing is incompatible with others? i'd like to know if this pbo is the problem or there is a problem with others?

HWM_Air is the problematic one and is the reason for the reported incompatibility with (for example) XEH.

The reason is that in the config of that addon, you're replicating parts of the core BIS Helicopter class which has an empty EventHandlers class in it:

Quote[/b] ]

//

// Excerpt from HWM_Air\config.cpp

//

class Helicopter: Air

{

class HitHull;

class HitEngine;

class HitAvionics;

class HitVRotor;

class HitHRotor;

class HitMissiles;

class HitRGlass;

class HitLGlass;

class ViewPilot: ViewPilot{};

class Turrets

{

class MainTurret: NewTurret

{

class HitTurret;

class HitGun;

};

};

class AnimationSources;

<span style='color:red'>class EventHandlers{}; // Oops...</span>

};

The fix? Remote the line that reads

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class EventHandlers {};

This will allow the HWM addons to do "their thing" and keep XEH and XEH-using addons working. Win-win! smile_o.gif

Even better is to just remove the "{}", that way you can load the XEH EHs in your HWM classes. smile_o.gif

Even better is to just remove the "{}", that way you can load the XEH EHs in your HWM classes. smile_o.gif

Could you elaborate? How would "class EventHandlers;" in class Helicopter make that possible and the removal of the whole line not?

That said, "class EventHandlers;" fixes the actual problem at hand, too.

(Also, they have decided to not make the addons use XEH, so this is more of a hypothetical discussion)

To write<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class myAddon: Helicopter {};... you have to load "class Helicopter" before. To write<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class myAddon: Helicopter

{

class EventHandlers: EventHandlers

{

myNewEH = xy;

};

};... you have to load "class Helicopter" and its "class EventHandlers" before; that works this way (since ArmA, of course):<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class Air;

{

class EventHandlers;

};

class myAddon: Helicopter

{

{

myNewEH = xy;

};

};The problem is when you write<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class Air;

{

class EventHandlers{};

};... you are _overwriting_ (and in this case more or less deleting, as you are not writing anything in it) "class EventHandlers" in the "class Helicopter". That way you "deleted" the EHs in ALL CLASSES THAT INHERIT FROM "class Helicopter" (beside the case that thery are defining EHs by themselves)... funny, eh tounge2.gif

<...stuff...>

funny, eh tounge2.gif

Oh yes, it's hilarious. biggrin_o.gif It still doesn't answer my question, which was why removing the whole line would prohibit doing the second part of this statement

Quote[/b] ]Even better is to just remove the "{}", that way you can load the XEH EHs in your HWM classes.
My point is just that one can still "load" them, albeit in a different way.

That said, removing the line is wrong and the proper way to fix the problem is to change the EventHandlers definition to an "external" declaration by way of your suggested removal of the "{}". So, for the benefit of HWM, use

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class EventHandlers; in "your" Helicopter class.

Guys first off thanks all for your good words regarding our work.

As already said we are off course positive to global compatibility, but we don’t have a magic want in order to fix everything instantaneous.

Bugs and constant modifications are always needed in order to have the best result.

If this was a “true†HWM bug then I would probably put it priority 1, but since this was incompatibility issue the only promise we good make at the time was that we would look into it.

From my experience these thinks usually aren’t the fault of one group only but work vise vesta .

Now since Killswitch and Raedor presented a solution be sure that I will crosscheck it and if it’s ok then next release (pack 3)will be corrected.

I believe that this is a great community and we all have a lot to learn from each other.

Quarrels and paid addons have no place here.

Dwarden as Sparky said we probably lost “the†sarcasm part in the translation, so since this was a language thing I consider the matter closed.

Well, it is a _REAL_ bug.

You overwrite the EventHandlers class of the Helicopter class for *NO* reason. Breaking any other addon that makes use of the Helicopter base class, aswell as original BI Vehicles etc.

Sounds like a _REAL_ bug smile_o.gif

Most of the Configs seem to be in an "OFP State"; This is ArmA, there are new options, and new "guideliness" ... kinda smile_o.gif

If you need some pointers I would be glad to help!

In any case, seperate from this _REAL_ bug, I believe it's important to use XEH and battle the limitations of EventHandlers in BI products together, instead of opposing eachother biggrin_o.gif

Also, the XEH is not a big addon, and I think that they won't mind if you package with HWM, ofcourse with permission. But it helps along with compatibility and other mods with other FX(tracers etc).

It still doesn't answer my question, which was why removing the whole line would prohibit doing the second part of this statement
Quote[/b] ]Even better is to just remove the "{}", that way you can load the XEH EHs in your HWM classes.
My point is just that one can still "load" them, albeit in a different way.

That said, removing the line is wrong and the proper way to fix the problem is to change the EventHandlers definition to an "external" declaration by way of your suggested removal of the "{}". So, for the benefit of HWM, use

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class EventHandlers;

in "your" Helicopter class.

Hmmm, I don't completely understand what you mean...

I don't know what XEH is... I guess some EH enahcement? What I was trying to point out is that if you do it that way:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class Air;

{

class EventHandlers;

};

class myAddon: Helicopter

{

{

myNewEH = xy;

};

};The user can decide if he wants to use XEH or not (won't work out if myNewEH is overwriting something from XEH) by adding the XEH pbo or not.

XEH is extended init and fired eventhandlers which means easier implementation of various scripts and enhancements that occur with the init EH, instead of having to depbo the addon and add.

Quote[/b] ]Well, it is a _REAL_ bug.

You overwrite the EventHandlers class of the Helicopter class for *NO* reason. Breaking any other addon that makes use of the Helicopter base class, aswell as original BI Vehicles etc.

Most of the Configs seem to be in an "OFP State"; This is ArmA, there are new options, and new "guideliness" ... kinda smile_o.gif

In any case, seperate from this _REAL_ bug, I believe it's important to use XEH and battle the limitations of EventHandlers in BI products together, instead of opposing eachother biggrin_o.gif

Sickboy I love the spirit.

Speaking behalf of HWM I think that actions are stronger than words.

We have proven that we are taking very seriously the opinions of the community.

The more that are enjoying the fruits of our work the more inspiring it is, not only for us but for any addon maker.

As said above we are always opened to new options and "directions" that will make these toys better.

Everyone is free to help.... so everyone pls shoot yay.gifyay.gif

_mainframe @ Feb. 11 2008,22:39)]
Quote[/b] ]Well, it is a _REAL_ bug.

Sickboy I love the spirit.

Speaking behalf of HWM I think that actions are stronger than words.

We have proven that we are taking very seriously the opinions of the community.

The more that are enjoying the fruits of our work the more inspiring it is, not only for us but for any addon maker.

As said above we are always opened to new options and "directions" that will make these toys better.

Everyone is free to help.... so everyone pls shoot yay.gif  yay.gif

Thanks I guess. Trying to help where-ever possible.

If you want me to run down the configs, pimp them up to ArmA-spec and send you the result aswell as a .diff to have a nice overview of what has changed; just ask, i'd be glad to help xmas_o.gif

Is this XEH issue being addressed? would really love to be able to use the awesome HWM UH1 and six_tracers at the same time

hey fellas how is that D model coming

Hey guys, doesn't look like anyone is using this mod until the event handler stuff is fixed. Any progress?

wld427 both m60s portable - Huey's models are ready.

We haven't incorporated it onto the Huey yet since we are working on other priorities for pack 3.

Also XEH issue has been addressed as Raedor suggested in our internal versions.

Stay tuned as we are hoping to release news of our new work within March.

Good to hear Boys thought we lost you to the Arma 2 craze...

do you have any plans to bring in any fixed wing aircraft? ie Phantom, Mirage or an A-7?

PS. I am using the hell out of your stuff......