Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

1.09 beta patch troubleshooting thread.

Does 1.08 work fine? If not then your problem isn't strictly 1.09 related so you should make a separate troubleshooting thread listing all of your system specs and in game settings.

I suppose I should try 1.08 and make sure its not just 1.09 related, but then I wont play 1.08 cos the fog is too annoying.

banghead.gif

Great patch for no fog bug / performance etc.

My big annoyance is the flight vehicle external sound volume inside. I use Xam 1.4 and I have "no" external engine sound of helis etc inside now at all, only external on 3rd person view!

Is it me or do distant sounds like aircraft seem lower, I have helis flying over and a10's and they are not as obvious as they one were?

Can anyone tell me what I can change in the "beta" folder pbo's to put the sound for flying vehicles back to normal?

Great patch for no fog bug / performance etc.

My big annoyance is the flight vehicle external sound volume inside. I use Xam 1.4 and I have "no" external engine sound of helis etc inside now at all, only external on 3rd person view!

Is it me or do distant sounds like aircraft seem lower, I have helis flying over and a10's and they are not as obvious as they one were?

Can anyone tell me what I can change in the "beta" folder pbo's to put the sound for flying vehicles back to normal?

I second that.

Don't know what BIS guys thought when they changed the sound volumes for internals in aircraft and armoured vehicles. It was very good in 1.08.

Anybody know how to change replace the files to get back the 1.08 sound volumes?

Ok ... I have come across a problem.

It seems to me that 1.08 audio in general is louder on my rig and less in 1.09.

I tested it without xam and just FFAMM1.4. The environmental side is less. I set up a large batter over open ground with 2 lots of opposing tanks and 2 attack helis and 10 groups either side. I tested between both 1.08 and 1.09 with settings same on both.

The battle is much more prominent on 1.08 and it seems to be the distance of sound. Things that are 300 meters away are louder and nearer on 1.08 than 1.09. The difference is that a large battle that im right in the middle of seems like its happening allot further away in 1.09 (like its not kicking off much) ... its very obvious too. Helis that fly over that maybe 600 meters away are very quite and get louder slower in a much closer range in 1.09 than 1.08 to the point of it not being right.

Also the tank turret movement sound as a gunner keeps clipping and "ducking" in volume to near silence too, switching between patches and 1.08 is fine.

Ive found times where the "ducking" of audio can happen in a tank then exit the tank and most environment sounds are still "ducked" or have dipped in volume and slowly increase back to a normal level.

What isnt effected are gun fire of my own gun and rain effects / ambience, they stay the same. Its all about environmental / distance of sound.

Im not sure what has been changed in 1.09 in terms of volume / sound engine and levels but theres a clear difference in 1.09 which unfortunately keeps me from using it as much as fog bug and FPS is great. sad_o.gif

I use onboard audio Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe ... and before you shout "soundcard issues" ... its fine in 1.08 eitherway.

Just noticed another one, for about 30 secs after spawning in a multiplayer map the javalin now has a 'warm up' time before it will lock onto any targets.

If you swap to the javalin weapon at any other time the lock is instant - it's just that 30 sec's after you spawn, usually when you've popped up with an enemy tank pointing right at you and it kills you during 'warm up'.

I can't say I noticed this in 1.08 - and I think I would have - although there is still that annoying delay after spawing before you can enter any vehicles, or after the vehicle has spawned.

Moved my previous message in the correct topic.

But i still have a question for this topic.

I am trying to run 1.09b on my dedicated server. But when i launch it that says me "No entry '.profilePathDefault'.

I have copied (& modified for 1.09 target) my previous 1.08 command line which is

Quote[/b] ]C:\ArmA\beta\arma_server.exe -cfg=arma.cfg -config=server.cfg -port=2302 -maxmem=768 -mod=beta;@DurgsVegetationFix;@TrueMods -profiles=C:\ArmA\Profiles\

I've tried change the -profiles to =C:\ArmA\beta\Profiles\

Not working

I've tried to copy-paste the 1.08 Profiles folder into beta folder,

Not working.

I've tried removing the profiles property from the command line,

Not working.

Do you got an idea ? biggrin_o.gif

__

Well i am still blocked to run the server using serverdoc utility. I can't run the server as the profiles error message prevent serverdoc from running the server.

With serverdoc i don't know how to say it to start in x:\arma & not x:\arma\beta

If someone got an idea on this ?

Here's what I use for start up parameters...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">-config=net.cfg -profiles=profiles -port=2302 -netlog -mod=beta;@XAM_ghil_v1.12;@Be32K;@DurgsVegetationFix;@Mapfact;@NWD_Ballistics;@Q11;@q11_jams;@R

eal_M136_Extended;@Extended_Init_EventHandlers

I updated my graphic drivers to 169.21 like already suggested in this thread and still got CTD from time to time.

Anybody can help? Or at least does anybody understand what this error message means?

Here my .rpt file:

Date: 01/17/08 Time: 11:04:55

-------------------------------------------------------

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 00571FCF

graphics: D3D9, Device: NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT, Driver:nv4_disp.dll 6.14.11.5827

resolution: 1280x1024x32

Addons:

HT_Addons in ht\, AFRICAN_insurgents in madmed_insurgents\

TrueNVGoggles in truenvgoggles\

SLA_DESERT_SPECOPS_REPLACE in SLA_DESERT_SPECOPS_REPLACE\

Datsun_armed_DBE1 in CA\DBE1\datsun_armed\, MatH_ArmAEffects in math_armaeffects\

CA_Hotfix in ca\hotfix\, Zakladna_DBE1 in DBE1\Models_DBE1\zakladna\

SLA_DESERT_INF_REPLACE in SLA_DESERT_INF_REPLACE\, DBE1 in CA\DBE1\

SLX_Melee in slx_melee\, SLX_ModWeapons in slx_modweapons_c\, MoneyS in moneys\

TrueHeadMovement in trueheadmovement\

JOH_Woodland_Replacement in JOH_Woodland_Replacement\

CSL_EBU_US_SF_CQB_REPLACEMENTS in CSL_EBU_US_SF_CQB_REPLACEMENTS\

MAP_AIR_Sounds in map_air_sounds\, Desert in ca\desert\

CAIntroAnims in ca\introanims\

Extended_Fired_EventHandlers in extended_eventhandlers\

SLX_KEGsSpect in slx_kegsspect\, SLX_Loading in slx_loading\

GDTModSatchel in gdtmodsatchel\, TrueRangeAI in truerangeai_beta\

Roads_DBE1 in DBE1\Models_DBE1\roads\, Pila_DBE1 in DBE1\Models_DBE1\pila\

CASounds in hawk\, rlk_guer in RLK_Guer\, SLX_Anims in slx_anims\, SLX_XMS in slx_xms\

dk_znaki in dk_znaki\, G85_Editor in G85_Editor\, m136rpg_patch in m136rpg_patch\

wip_m4m16 in wip_m4a1\, TrueFovAccurate in truefov-accurate\

McN_vehicles in mcn_veh_cfg\, rlk_desertsol in rlk_desertsol\, MAP_Air in map_air\

DBE1_UI in CA\DBE1\ui\, Desert2_Buildings in ca\Desert2\build\

CA_Missions_Armory1 in ca\missions\armory1.intro\

CAweapons3_m107 in CA\weapons3\m107\

CAweapons3_m16a4_acg in CA\weapons3\m16a4_acg\, CAWheeled in ca\wheeled\

SLX_Misc in slx_misc\, Civilians_Addon in Civilians\

UH60Desert in DBE1\Models_DBE1\uh60desert\, MAP_SSara in map_ssara\

Desert2_Objects in ca\Desert2\objects\, CA_Missions in ca\missions\

CARoads in ca\roads\, CAWheeled3_TT650 in CA\wheeled3\tt650\

SLX_ModT72 in slx_modt72\, ZGB_FFARs in ZGB_FFARs\

Mercenary_DBE1 in DBE1\Models_DBE1\mercenary\, Models_DBE1 in DBE1\Models_DBE1\

Anims_DBE1 in DBE1\Models_DBE1\anims\

Prisoners_DBE1 in DBE1\Models_DBE1\prisoners\, NPCs_DBE1 in DBE1\Models_DBE1\npcs\

CAAir in ca\air\, CA_Anims in ca\anims\, SLX_ArmA_Voices in slx_arma_voices\

SLX_ModVehicles in slx_modvehicles\, CAWeapons in ca\weapons\

DMSmokeGrenadeVB in dmsmokegrenadevb\, VFAI_Equipment in vfai_equipment\

HT_Radio in htrad\, fpsmoke in lsd_fpfxmod\, SDP_Vehicles in sdp_vehicles\

CAUI in ca\ui\, Kamenolom_DBE1 in DBE1\Models_DBE1\kamenolom\

Sara_dbe1 in DBE1\Sara_DBE1\, EBU_SOCOM1 in EBU_SOCO1\, CAAnimals in CA\animals\

CA_desert2_Characters in ca\Desert2\characters\

CAweapons3_m16a4 in CA\weapons3\m16a4\

CAWeapons3_ammocrates in CA\weapons3\ammocrates\

SLX_ShotEffects in slx_shoteffects\, VFAI_Smokeshell in vfai_smokeshell\

ZGB_2A42 in ZGB_2A42\, DBE1_Hotfix in ca\hotfix\dbe1\

RLK_RACS_WOODLAND_REPLACEMENTS in RLK_RACS_WOODLAND_REPLACEMENTS\

MAP_Misc in MAP_Misc\, CAAir3_Su34 in CA\air3\su34\, CACharacters in ca\characters\

CA_CutSceneAnims in ca\cutSceneAnims\, DC3_DBE1 in CA\DBE1\dc3\

CASigns in CA\signs\, CAFonts in ca\UIFonts\

CAweapons3_m16a4_gl in CA\weapons3\m16a4_gl\, CAWeapons3 in CA\weapons3\

CAWheeled3_M1030 in CA\wheeled3\m1030\, SLX_EngineStart in slx_enginestart\

SLX_Mod in slx_mod\, SLX_People in slx_people\

EditorUpdate_v102 in editorupdate_v102\, ROCKO_ILS in rocko_ils\

CAPlants in CA\plants\, Vysilac_DBE1 in DBE1\Models_DBE1\vysilac\

CAAir3 in CA\air3\, CAMisc in ca\misc\, CAVoice in ca\voice\, SLX_Cloud in slx_cloud\

FDF_Sounds in slx_modweapons_c\, CALanguage in ca\language\

CA_QGClutterHotfix in ca\hotfix\qg\, joh_marweap in joh_marweap\

rlk_racs in rlk_racs\, rlk_urban_sol in rlk_urban_sol\

MAP_Air_Weap in map_air_weap\, CAData in ca\, CAWater in CA\water\

CAweapons3_aks74pso in CA\weapons3\aks74pso\

Extended_EventHandlers in extended_eventhandlers\

Extended_Init_EventHandlers in extended_eventhandlers\, SLX_GL3 in slx_gl3\

ModWarSound in slx_modweapons_c\, TrueCrosshairVeteran in truecrosshair-veteran\

TrueInGameUI in trueingameui\, HMMWV_DBE1 in DBE1\Models_DBE1\hmmwv_h1\

rlk_racs_urban in rlk_racs_urban\, CA_Anims_Char in ca\anims\characters\

CATracked in ca\tracked\, CAweapons3_ksvk in CA\weapons3\ksvk\

SLX_ModPeople in slx_modpeople\, NWD_TankBallistics in slx_nwdfixes\

SLX_Vehicles in slx_veh\, IC_Faces in IC_Camofacepack\

SWM_Faces in SWM_Camofacepack_v-1-1\, Music_DBE1 in DBE1\Models_DBE1\music\

joh_usmc in joh_marines\, CAA10 in ca\a10\, Porto in ca\Desert2\

SLX_GL3_AutoInit in slx_gl3_autoinit\, Money in money\

ploty_DBE1 in DBE1\Models_DBE1\ploty\, MAP_Basic_Models in map_basic_models\

6G30_DBE1 in CA\DBE1\6g30\, Sara in ca\sara\, CAWheeled3 in CA\wheeled3\

SLX_Wounds in slx_wounds\, CABuildings in furniture\

Misc_DBE1 in DBE1\Models_DBE1\misc\, UI_DBE1 in DBE1\Models_DBE1\ui\

NIM_Clouds in NIM_Weather\, RHS_Hind in RHS_hind\

Hilux_armed_DBE1 in CA\DBE1\hilux_armed\, CARocks in Ca\Rocks\

CAweapons3_m16a4_acg_gl in CA\weapons3\m16a4_acg_gl\

Mods: CA;@MAP;@EBU;@RLK;_MAP_SSara;@JOH;§§Blackhawk;DBE1;beta;@DurgsVegetationFix;@@TrueMods;@@UserAddons;@@VFAI;@@ArmAEffects;@@DMS

mokeGrenadeVB;FDF_Sounds;@@SLX

Distribution: 1292

Version 1.09.5208

Fault address: 00571FCF 01:00170FCF C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe

file: M03DriverTransport (__cur_sp)

world: sara

Prev. code bytes: AC 91 00 EB 08 F3 0F 10 05 44 AC 91 00 8B 45 08

Fault code bytes: F3 0F 10 90 FC 00 00 00 F3 0F 59 15 D8 5D 9B 00

Registers:

EAX:00000000 EBX:00000000

ECX:002CDC05 EDX:004771A3

ESI:06388C20 EDI:16ECE400

CS:EIP:0023:00571FCF

SS:ESP:002B:0125F93C EBP:0125F958

DS:002B ES:002B FS:0053 GS:002B

Flags:00010246

=======================================================

note: Minidump has been generated into the file C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA\arma.mdmp

Hmm, weren't knowing where the crash report been stocked.

Thanks ! :P

Where do i send it ? Where do i send it ? biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

That is the main error message a long list of thousand & thousand (size of surface texture & weight got multiple values)

Error during v-buffer creation: error 8876017c (D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY)

Vertex buffer not allocated

VID: No space left for 1024x1024 (699048 B)

Error: Failed to create surface texture

Mods: CA;beta;DBE1;@FFAM;@FROMZ;lowplants;@ArmAEffects;@DMSmokeEffects;@TrueMods;@InstantViewDis

tance

Distribution: 1294

Version 1.09.5208

Fault address: 00845312 01:00444312 D:\ArmA\beta\arma.exe

file: co10_Corazol_MOD_v1_1 (__CUR_MP)

world: Sara

Prev. code bytes: 88 B4 D7 FF E9 0C 02 00 00 57 8B 7D 08 8B 47 08

Fault code bytes: 8B 48 4C 85 C9 89 45 FC 74 05 8B 41 10 EB 06 8B

Registers:

EAX:00000000 EBX:012325A8

ECX:1005B800 EDX:0123AFC4

ESI:1005B800 EDI:0725909C

CS:EIP:001B:00845312

SS:ESP:0023:01232338 EBP:01232354

DS:0023 ES:0023 FS:003B GS:0000

Flags:00010202

=======================================================

error: Minidump is unavailable. MiniDumpWriteDump into C:\Documents and Settings\Dragon Designity\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA\arma.mdmp failed (error 0x8007001e).

So all these crash i got are still because of memory problem with video card & the memory for creating surface texture (VRAM too ?)

Is the "default" option for "texture" still working in 1.09 ?

I am using a GeForce 8800GTX with 169.21 (game is running fine except these crash rofl.gif )

I still get the error message when using -profiles=profiles confused_o.gif

Any idea BIS ? biggrin_o.gif

What do you have in the "profiles\users" directory?

There should be a directory for each user (maybe just one). Make sure that you running the ArmA dedicated server as the "user" that has a profile there. I had a similiar problem with v1.08 where I changed the user that the ArmA dedicated server ran as and it caused all sorts of problems for me, switching it back worked just fine.

Here are two screenshots of what I have.

Picture 1

Picture 2

My ArmA user haven't changed, it still be "root" biggrin_o.gif

There is only one windows user account sets for our on the dedicated server we rent.

@Kroky SOund problems:

Make sure you don't have (old) Soundpacks installed and possibly the insideSoundCoef addons like the one from Q. If they are not adjusted since 1.09 you might run into these problems smile_o.gif

I am trying to run 1.09b on my dedicated server. But when i launch it that says me "No entry '.profilePathDefault'.

What is the 'Start in' set to? This error message typically pops up if it's not set to the correct path.

For the beta version it should be set the same as for the regular server, i.e. C:\ArmA (not C:\ArmA\beta)

Yep i've find that after.

But i still get the problem if i want to use serverdoc utility (as the program don't allow you to choose the "start in" directory).

But i still get the problem if i want to use serverdoc utility (as the program don't allow you to choose the "start in" directory).

Same here. As such we're just using arma shortcut on the desktop until final ArmA v1.09 arrives smile_o.gif

You could workaround your problem this way though:

[*] Backup all files in ArmA folder

[*] Backup ArmA\dta\bin.pbo and bin.pbo.bi.bisign

[*] Backup ArmA\Addons\language.pbo , language.pbo.bi.bisign , ui.pbo and ui.pbo.bi.bisign

[*] Move all files and folders from ArmA\Beta into your ArmA folder, overwriting when necessary.

[*] If you use equalModsRequired in your server config, you can still keep beta in the -mod list

Noticed a problem with the built-in VON last night.

Hopped into a Mapfact apache with a group member. We were not able to hear each other speak on any channel, but we could still type chat. Once we got out of the vehicle we were not able to use VON to communicate with each other. I logged off the server and came back in immediately and he was able to hear me, but I was still not able to hear him. He logged off and came back in immediately and I was able to hear him again.

We did not test this with any other vehicles as we ran out of time.

Same here. As such we're just using arma shortcut on the desktop until final ArmA v1.09 arrives smile_o.gif

You could workaround your problem this way though:

[*] Backup all files in ArmA folder

[*] Backup ArmA\dta\bin.pbo and bin.pbo.bi.bisign

[*] Backup ArmA\Addons\language.pbo , language.pbo.bi.bisign , ui.pbo and ui.pbo.bi.bisign

[*] Move all files and folders from ArmA\Beta into your ArmA folder, overwriting when necessary.

[*] If you use equalModsRequired in your server config, you can still keep beta in the -mod list

Thank you, but i think i am going to wait for the final too wink_o.gif

Noticed a problem with the built-in VON last night.

Hopped into a Mapfact apache with a group member.  We were not able to hear each other speak on any channel, but we could still type chat.  Once we got out of the vehicle we were not able to use VON to communicate with each other.  I logged off the server and came back in immediately and he was able to hear me, but I was still not able to hear him.  He logged off and came back in immediately and I was able to hear him again.

We did not test this with any other vehicles as we ran out of time.

Yeah, this is something we noticed on the SimHQ server a while ago and have noted seems to almost always happen. If you enter a vehicle VOIP pretty much gets blown out until you restart. It sometimes works while inside the vehicle but once you exit, gone.

After playing with the VOIP in game I have one thing that I'd like to be brought into the final of 1.09....

Set up a server-side option to only allow group leaders to talk via VON on the side channel and add in another server-side option to disable global channel VON.

Another option that I'd like to see but could partially live without is the ability to talk to color team members. Example: Squad leader assigns green and red team members. Give the players the option to VON only with their assigned team.

@Kroky SOund problems:

Make sure you don't have (old) Soundpacks installed and possibly the insideSoundCoef addons like the one from Q. If they are not adjusted since 1.09 you might run into these problems smile_o.gif

@sickboy

Thanks for reply. I sorted out the sound problems. (FDF Hotfix 1.31 for 1.09 beta)

My main concern is that the game crashes from time to time. I already posted 2 .rpt files. I would like to know if anybody else is experiencing the same problems. And if there is a solution for it?

Quote[/b] ]

i saw a lot of vehicle on the roof. when i leave a zone , then i come back , vehicle has flipped back.

is it 1.09 related ? it's a real bug i presume ...

Like GL33K i have also noticed vehicles upside down on their roofs, mostly BMPs. Very strange, also got an error but might be an addon config issue.....

burst/ is not a class (display name accessed)

Other than that no issues for me, runs a lot better.

8800GTX

Intel Quad Core

Asus P5K Deluxe Wifi AP

4 Gig nVidia OCZ @1066

XP 32 & 64

I have ingame problem.

On the left side & the top side i got 2 thin lines colored with something that i don't know what it is.. sometimes you don't see them, but when you see them clearly that's really ugly.

Here a screen (click for fullscreen view) :

~rad1BFDE.jpg

Edit : I know where do these line come from, they are the upper and left side of the sahrani maps you can see when using the map shortcut. Now i have to find a way to get rid of it.

Two more new bugs.

When inside a chopper if you get hit at the rear rotor and that you are flying at a good speed, your chopper isn't affected by the loss of the rear rotor, i don't know if it really works like that for real or if it's a bug ?

Second one, when something is hitting your chopper (AK rifle shot, shilka, etc..) you hear the shot super louder and your chopper sound become a little bit to quiet. It stand like this 5 to 10 sec i think before getting back to normal.

For shilka, maybe that can be a true situation, but AK bullet doing little "ping ping" i don't think it's really that normal.

The chopper was the Cobra, i don't know if that affects all choppers/flying vehicles/vehicles.