Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Arma beta patch 1.09 - released

-world=thewordiwanttostartwith

For example:

-world=abel

Planck

Thanks Planck

It seems I had duplicate folders of Arma in different root folders which were making all of my paths screwy- bad housekeeping tounge2.gif

[/img]http://lee.plankton.ch/!.gif[/img]

Will the 1.09(final) linux dedicated server be released together with the patch?

It is very nice to see the GF8800 fog be gone in 1.09beta but it is hell for me and my mates that we have still to play 1.08 because of the none existing 1.09beta linux dedi.

So, when the final patch is released, do we still have to play with 1.08 because of no linux dedi?

Seeing how much energy was put into the voice and anticheat features, it is a bit confusing seeing no linux dedicated server.

How many windows gameservers are out there?

It would be nice to get some informations(this is going to be a never ending story...).

And no, I'm not going to charter an airplane to get your attention.

Thanks.

MfG Lee bislover.gifwhistle.gif

Can this patch be installed on linux server?

Linux server for 1.09 beta is not yet available and will not be until early January.

Half of the month is gone without any word... actually starting to hope it will at least work for early February sad_o.gif

I think its safe to say you won't see the linux server until after the final patch is completed.

Lee_H._Oswald, no need to spam the thread with images.

I am sorry if this has been mentioned before but I cant seem to be able to join most servers, not even my clan server that I have played on 24/7 on ArmA and its only on the 1.09 so I cant use a launcher. I try to connect to a server and 8 times out of 10 it comes up connecting failed. I had reinstalled ArmA and turned off my firewall protection. I am really stuck banghead.gif

x-Helljumper-x that's not what this thread is for, you should be posting that in troubleshooting along with all system specs and such, then people might be able to help you, mention if it happened in 1.08 or just 1.09 smile_o.gif

Could anyone with the knowledge, post if 1.09 is going to be released as final, or if they are going to do 1.10 as final, because with signitures enabled (which worked fine for many months) has now been compromised and we've had hackers.

We've been a public server since the first day ArmA was released in the UK, and we don't want to lock it.

We really don't want to have our server running beta, but if its a choice between a beta, and hackers/waiting a long while for final release, then we may have to think going beta.

Boon, I'm probably not equipped with that much knowledge you asked for, especially if it comes to the patch plans of Bi, but I definitely read somewhere on bistudio, that following patch will be 1.10 or even higher.

But I don’t care how they call that baby.

For my concern, I would be glad already if anybody of BI could finally post some statement on how far they are with a follow-up-final.

It’s a pain in the ass that e.g. all arma-leagues don’t want to play 1.09 because it is named beta (besides of the fact not having a linux 1.09).

Why not calling it as it is? All patches released so fare are betas.

I know they won't post a date.

But how about something like "We're almost done – not more than a month" or "still having problems with...whatever" - I don't know...

But nothing is coming, not a single word.

Not even about a Linux server which was announced to be released in early January.

Come one guys, 1.09 is a really good work, fix the weapons handling, call it final and release a linux server smile_o.gif

Then you got plenty of time to do … what ever you usually do biggrin_o.gif

Have a nice weekend, everybody.

So we have seen the first third of february passing by without anything happening. Exept for Sumas interview.

That was said about linux servers and the future of development makes me really sad. ArmA 2 will be BIS' last game then. ArmA had the bonus of the Flashpoint community. ArmA 2 won't. 1.09beta is on a good way, but still usable only locally. Almost 16 months after release there still is no possibility for us to hav a decent online game. And the information policy from BIS does its part too. Every moment we see someone promoting ArmA 2 while we have to play with the remaining bugs of ArmA 1.08 increases the distaste for ArmA 2.

The bigger part of our Flashpoint group preordered ArmA in 2006. A part still has not even installed it because its still not worth buying the computer you need to play it to them. Not a single one of us would buy ArmA 2 before it is proven that it is playable. Including a linux dedicated server. Linux servers are vital for a game, I can't imagine why this can't be understood.

Does a single gameserver provider offer ArmA servers? I think not.

Are windows servers (from the few hosting providers that offer one) affordable? Definitive not.

The excuse from Suma for not supporting linux was the lack of resources.

That leads to one simple conclusion. The complete design of the server code must have been flawed from the early beginning. The only OS dependance in there should have been file and network access, which both should have been able to abstract rather easily.

I beg you at BIS. Please correct that.

I don't want to see this great game principle you created with Flashpoint dying sad_o.gif

So we have seen the first third of february passing by without anything happening. Exept for Sumas interview.

icon_rolleyes.gif

Just because you don't know what's happening, doesn't mean that nothing is happening.

Oh come on icon_rolleyes.gif

The bad information flow is part of the problem.

The announced date was a month ago, but we didn't get anything until now.

It would be more honest if there would be any statement about present problems than the x-th ArmA 2 advertising.

I esteem your enthusiasm for that VoiP thing, but others have other priorities. Mine are related to a playable game with at least the features that once worked in Flashpoint, not the introduction of new features which will be new sources of mischief.

Oh come on  icon_rolleyes.gif

It would be more honest if there would be any statement about present problems than the x-th ArmA 2 advertising.

I esteem your enthusiasm for that VoiP thing, but others have other priorities. Mine are related to a playable game with at least the features that once worked in Flashpoint, not the introduction of new features which will be new sources of mischief.

Lol leave his sig alone tounge2.gif

Anyway, you can use v1.09beta right? Many things work a lot better. AFAIK we're waiting because there's so many Cheat Complaints and Anti-Cheat Requests & Demands, getting a good system, testing, improving and making sure it doesn't undermine the open-(Mod, Scripts, Addons)idea behind ArmA. Let them work it out properly, rather than hitting us with crappy patches every other week.

Anyway, you can use v1.09beta right?

No? Not without the linux server?

Sure, I can host a game at home and for 2-3 players from outside this works quite well. But thats it then.

Anyway, you can use v1.09beta right?

No? Not without the linux server?

Sure, I can host a game at home and for 2-3 players from outside this works quite well. But thats it then.

You got a point there!

I feel sorry for the linux guys over here smile_o.gif Happy Windows (Server) User yay.gif

Oh come on icon_rolleyes.gif

Oh, give me a break. VON is not "new", it was working with Operation Flashpoint 4-5 years ago before Sockets became the standard for MP. It's one of the oldest OFP bugs, and it's getting fixed. Just because you were not aware of the prior presence of said functionality does not mean that the current bugfixing is "adding a new unneeded feature".

What a ridiculous load of nonsense. icon_rolleyes.gif

Also, if you honestly believe that 1.09 is being delayed only because of VON fixes, you're under some wacky misconceptions.

BIS is currently making 1.09 the best it can be. Would you rather wait a few extra weeks for that, or have it right now so you can complain about something that would have been fixed by a few extra weeks of development?

You really can't win with certain elements of this community, though... confused_o.gif

I can't get rid of the impression that this will turn out as a eternal beta test.

I can't get rid of the impression that this will turn out as a eternal beta test.

thats how things worked for a long time.. you should know better..

As Suma said in the interview they are always improving and trying to make the engine/game better and better with time.

all we can do is wait for perfection.

So what?

Other companies call the last released patch final, even if it`s still in beta-stadium.

ArmA works very well on my rig, only thing that bugs me is the horrible low vegetation lod.

And off course the HDR. icon_rolleyes.gif

Please, just give us a working linux server, release the patch and call it FINAL.

I forget abot the zillion other bugs in this game, the community will fix them someday.

Then, take all the time you need and make ArmA II, III and whatever you want.

The "OFP spirit" is dead a long time now and I don't think it will come back. When the next BIS product hits the stores, I will think twice before buying it.

You can see this words as loosing a faithful customer.

If you don't care, well I don't care too.

Maybe someone will understand this as criticism and not the so called "BIS bashing".

MfG Lee

P.S. This post is not directed to all the selfmade BIS lawyers.

Not directed at me, perhaps, but this is still what I consider a rather childish reaction.

I don't really think the "spirit" of the creator has gone. They're just continuing what they began with OFP.

It's not childish my dear friend.

BIS is not getting anymore money from me, because of their lacking support for important things.

As said, it's no BIS bashing, it's criticism.

MfG Lee wink_o.gif