Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Arma beta patch 1.09 - released

I don't know if anyone else will agree with me but i always found the Ai shooting is way too good like they all have snipers. Any addon or fix for that? They can snipe you with a ak at 500m and still hit you in the face with 1 or 2 shots.

You have find the most annoying bug/feature of the game.

Also would be grate that you had a 2 meter circle where the AI also shoot, to simulate suppression fire, because they don't shoot at you unless you are in their sight (there is a youtube video which explains all).

I could have sworn this thread was for discussions related to patch 1.09, specifically where it is, what it does, how it does it, feedback belongs in the feedback thread, tiresome, childish squabbles about who has the bigger internet search engine belongs in OT (if it must belong anywhere), stick to the topic please.

This is not the 1.09 feedback thread, nor is it the 1.09 troubleshooting thread, there are specific threads for those topics, this is about where to find the patch, how to install it, things like that, no more, no less.

@ofpforum, nope the -vm108 made no difference. Sorry Placebo, started using this thread before the feedback thread existed I think...

okay, i have a question, why did the Dragunov become a bolt action rifle when it is clearly not? i had a discussion with my gunsmith about it and he stated that they will fire as quickly as you can pull the trigger. what are your thoughts?

okay, i have a question, why did the Dragunov become a bolt action rifle when it is clearly not? i had a discussion with my gunsmith about it and he stated that they will fire as quickly as you can pull the trigger. what are your thoughts?

I tried to look for any online references, but hardly anything was found - not surprising, since the cyclic rate is normally not a big issue when sniping. Sniper Central claims that the ROF of SVD is 30 rounds/minute, that is two seconds per round, which seems to comply with the 1.09b. This does sound unbelievable, though - I agree with your gunsmith, it's doubtful that there is any gas operated semi-automatic out there with such a low rate of fire. Too bad I don't have any literature about SVD in my shelf, maybe someone does. 30r/m could be some sort of maximum rate for aimed shots, maybe, with counting the time for exchanging the magazine.

What i would really like to see from this patch is putting the QG addons/pbos there so that they can be used. for know, there is 1.08, 1.09b (this will change when the final 1.xx will be realesed) and QG. It's a shame that just because of a few units, 1 new map and 1 modified one and 4-5 vehicles the small amount of arma players cannot enjoy their game. It seems that, at least for now QG is useless.

Unfortunately i doubt that this will happen, altho QG sales i low to none atm. Such a shame

QG works just fine with 1.09, of course you need to put the hotfixes supplied with 1.09 in their proper places first.

Planck

i know it does. what i am saying is i cannot use QG contents on a mission for a public server (like my clan's one) because only 1/3 ppl playing arma have it. And so i'd like to see those addons brought together with 1.09 patch, for FREE, for the rest.

What you are effectively asking for then is for BI to start giving QG away for free,

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for this to happen, and I wouldn't expect them to do it either.

Planck

Ah, the old bury vital information in the readme ploy.

Should have known. crazy_o.gif

Well i guess that's why they called it a README file.

It's not a DONTREADME file.

Allthough i agree they should call it a HELP_ME_I_CANT_GET_IT_TO_WORK file.

lol. i know it's not going to happen. so i'm not holding any breaths. The problem is that QG is just another addon together with some missions (remember OFP resistance? is this anywhere near it?) and it doesn't worth its money.

Ah, the old bury vital information in the readme ploy.

Should have known. crazy_o.gif

Well i guess that's why they called it a README file.

It's not a DONTREADME file.

Allthough i agree they should call it a HELP_ME_I_CANT_GET_IT_TO_WORK file.

Joke – noun.

1. something said or done to provoke laughter or cause amusement, as a witticism, a short and amusing anecdote, or a prankish act: He tells very funny jokes. She played a joke on him.

2. something that is amusing or ridiculous, esp. because of being ludicrously inadequate or a sham; a thing, situation, or person laughed at rather than taken seriously; farce: Their pretense of generosity is a joke. An officer with no ability to command is a joke.

3. a matter that need not be taken very seriously; trifling matter: The loss was no joke.

4. something that does not present the expected challenge; something very easy: The test was a joke for the whole class.

5. practical joke.

–verb (used without object) 6. to speak or act in a playful or merry way: He was always joking with us.

7. to say something in fun or teasing rather than in earnest; be facetious: He didn't really mean it, he was only joking.

–verb (used with object) 8. to subject to jokes; make fun of; tease.

9. to obtain by joking: The comedian joked coins from the audience.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 1660–70; < L jocus jest]

—Related forms

jokeless, adjective

jok·ing·ly, adverb

—Synonyms 1. wisecrack, gag, jape, prank, quip, quirk, sally, raillery. Joke, jest refer to something said (or done) in sport, or to cause amusement. A joke is something said or done for the sake of exciting laughter; it may be raillery, a witty remark, or a prank or trick: to tell a joke. Jest, today a more formal word, nearly always refers to joking language and is more suggestive of scoffing or ridicule than is joke: to speak in jest.

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)

Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.

Can we expect the dedicated server to be updated to 1.09beta?

Windows version is included with the patch...

Windows version is included with the patch...

Which brings again up the question, when the linux dedicated server is going to be released.

With other words, when is it done?

And when it's done when it's done. When is that?

Thanks.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

Very good call.

Q found somewhere that statement:

Quote[/b] ]Linux server for 1.09 beta is not yet available and will not be until early January.
07th of Jan. sounds pretty much like early January for me whistle.gif

Anyway, I would be glad if they could tell a release plan for the next final (1.10 or even higher).

If this is quite soon (hopefully), it would be ok for me to release a linux server then together with the final. Like it should be.

Really wonder why they still put the linux server to 2nd priority.

But that's another discussion.

The 1.09 is an unexpected good patch.

Sure, there're still some things to be fixed, e.g. the weappon handling (maybe somewhere in between 1.08 and 1.09).

But we're on the right way, I guess. smile_o.gif

Greetings,

Astra

Did traffic lights ever really work? Or is it just my shoddy machine that makes them blink yellow (and only yellow) in a pulsing fashion and really rather annoying at night. And they only blink during evening/night.

Did traffic lights ever really work? Or is it just my shoddy machine that makes them blink yellow (and only yellow) in a pulsing fashion and really rather annoying at night. And they only blink during evening/night.

They just blink yellow (that's the thing that real traffic lights do when traffic control system is turned off). They pro'lly turn on automatically as per street lights at dusk. I don't know if there's a way to script them to do other tricks.

Love the fact that I don't need the DVD in the drive to play with 1.09!

Do we know that this is a permanent feature or will the disc check be back for the final patch release?

Do we know that this is a permanent feature or will the disc check be back for the final patch release?

I think it is only for the beta.

They don't need to protect the exe (mean 505 games) as it is only a beta that will not last after the final build of 1.09 is released.

As far as I can remember (won't dig out the post) Maruk said that

at some point they will remove the copy protection, just like they

did in OFP.

We will see once 1.09 final is out.

As far as I can remember (won't dig out the post) Maruk said that

at some point they will remove the copy protection, just like they

did in OFP.

We will see once 1.09 final is out.

They wont release one exe without copy protection and just bring it back in the next patch.

ArmA is over a year old, no use keeping the old DVD copy protection. They did the same with OFP.

So you should be able to just leave the DVD in it's case now smile_o.gif

While trying to mess around with the new Dac 2.0 i realized that I can't add any islands to my Beta games?

My target line reads:

D:\ArmA\beta\arma.exe -mod=beta;@durgsvegetationfix;@nwd;@fromz;@islands -nosplash

With @islands having an addons folder with Map_SSara.pbo in it but no luck. I have since tried other islands even adding them directly to my Beta/addons but still no luck.