Von Rundstedt

Fww2 - finland at war 1939-1945

Wow, I never would have imagined seeing that! Excellent job! How does she perform in flight?

She performs perhaps bit too well in air (at least on comparison with FFS Bf 109), but it is a blast to fly. It has enough kick to make a proper loop at least, should make most virtual pilots happy.

Very nice plane,i like the texture, very profesional ;). The info about your air force logo was also very interesting :)

Sad to say the shot looks great, even as riddled as she is. I'm glad to hear that she performs well, I'd rather have a well functioning aircraft than one that is authentic and looks better in a hangar than in the air.

When the first batch could be ready? I think there also would be a winter map.

There is still stuff to do. We have managed to do a lot already, but our mod team is small and it will take time before we can release. We try to post soon video preview on few features.

We will include winter map in release.

Fully understand it's really a hard work to make a Mod. But for video, could you please just give such things before the eve of releasing time? You know, it really would get a torture very much after seeing those awesome pictures and waiting in eager for long...

Thanks to Steelexia we have managed to do a lot in short time. With him doing models and leaving me more time to work on textures we might be just able to finish this mod somewhen :p

I still haven't had chance to make a video, but to be honest I'm not all too good with that stuff. So I post few screenshots instead, featuring BT-5 model 1934.

thumb480x384fww2_armashot_20.jpg

thumb480x384fww2_armashot_21.jpg

If you dislike the screenshot effects, more spartan versions of screenshots are here: picture 1, picture 2

Seems the packbag not good enough... But overally, very nice work.

Seems the packbag not good enough

It is working pretty well in all-and-all, but some animation phases aren't kind to it. However I don't feel that it is enough to be worth of the efford which I would have to put on it. Pushes release unnecessarily.

Will the "Ice Island" be useable without using the entire mod?

Island in the pictures is Winter Kolgujev from CWR mod with some custom trees. Our island is still WIP.

However considering that there will be custom trees, objects and houses. I would say no its not usable separatly, maybe if you put enough effort on it you might be able to separate it from main files.

It was probably hardest thing I have ever done in model. Took countless work hours to get it work at least decently and it is still clipping in various situations, especially if legs cross.

We will be making MLOD versions available after release for those who requests them.

I think so. It's really a very hard work to define such greatcoat in AMRA1 or ARMA2. And it seems BIS there is no such similar thing to have a reference for the moment. I also would like to make a raincape for some WW2 soviet soliders but really a very difficult thing to make it work in ARMA.

nice job on the greatcoats von rundstedt,those pics look really action packed,mod has a great feel to it,original and steady conception,brilliant

Thank you all for support. Even thought I do think I should have let the greatcoats be earlier, I might still have more hair in my head :rolleyes:

M/1895 Nagant

7-round revolver that served Russia from Tsarist time past revolution to Soviet era. It wasn't pushed aside even by much more advanced TT-35, reason for it seems simple: it was cheap to make and machinery for making them was there. It was also known for its extreme sturdiness and ability to withstand abuse. M/1895 Nagant has seen action from Russo-Japanese War to Vietnam War.

thumb480x360promo_nagant.jpg

Very nice weapon. Realy good work. Will version with inhibitor? In Military historically institution in Prague version with inhibitor its.

You mean silencer? Either way Nagant is going to stay the way it is for now. We try not to stray too much off from planned features.

You mean silencer? Either way Nagant is going to stay the way it is for now. We try not to stray too much off from planned features.

Yes, silencer...Thank for reply.

Suojeluskunta (Civil Guard) soldier

Paramilitary troop that was merged with Army in order to bring already equipped and well trained soldiers to bolster the defence. Civil Guards played important role in Winter War from front line to home front. Unlike many paramilitary troops they were, in many occasions, better armed and equipped than regular reservists.

Civil Guards in mod will be wearing early version of M/27 service uniform. This uniform was outdated by M/36. Since there wasn't enough uniforms for whole reserve, M/27 uniform was common amongst the Civil Guard. Most of Civil Guards had it already since it was regular issue for members of Civil Guard.

thumb480x724FiSuoku.jpg

Great, really well done. Now see the new progress again. By way, will you still release ARMA1 version instead of getting directly into ARMA2?

By way, is it possible to let the bottom of the jacket a little longer? For winter uniform or some pics in the history, it seems soldiers usually worn larger clothes. But not quite sure whether Finnish uniform would be that...

Edited by ARM2CAT

We will release for ArmA and then port to ArmA2, so much is already done that it would be waste not to use them, especially scripts. It could be bit longer, I see what I can do without causing retexturing.