Von Rundstedt

Fww2 - finland at war 1939-1945

Even greater mistake was that parts were too tight, which caused jamming when dirt got inside

This weapon was spoilt by capt.A.Saloranta.He introduced "enhancements" because he wanted patent for weapontechnical enhancement and royalties from sales.

Well thats pretty much it in nutshell. Lahti also pretty much ignored Salorantas activities because he was busy with M/31 Suomi smg project. In end bit more space between parts and drum magazine could have made M/26 notable weapon.

Quick screenshot on Mosin Nagant accesories, bayonet and PU scope (on seperate scope picture I accidently cut off part of model, base of scope is more detailed).

thumb480x143promo_mosin30acc.jpg

Quick screenshot on Mosin Nagant accesories, bayonet [...]

Can your soldiers actually use the bayonet or is it just there to complete

the rifle model?

I did plan that it would be actually usable, but with weapon stroke animation it doesn't look so good so it would need new animation. I don't promise anything yet, but I would say that it will be usable.

I did plan that it would be actually usable, but with weapon stroke animation it doesn't look so good so it would need new animation. I don't promise anything yet, but I would say that it will be usable.

OK, I know Arma doesn't lend itself very well to that sort of thing.

It would be interesting if you could get it to work in some way, though.

The M/26 LMG/Automatic rifle looks interesting. I presume it'll be a bit

like "firing" an American B.A.R. in the game. How did the Finns actually use

it? The small capacity magazines would have made it rather awkward to

use as a squad machine gun.

Von Rundstedt! Im amazed you STILL have my T-20 Komsomolets knocking about! :butbut:

its nice to see atleast one of my models living somewhere, I didnt by any chance give you a copy of my Zis-5 truck did I? :)

Wildo (Lost my password and no longer use the old email for my wildo account so made a new one :P)

I am very excited for this mod! :) , do you have a possible release date for the mod? and will you have any decisions on porting it over to ArmA 2 in the future?

Many Thanks

OK, I know Arma doesn't lend itself very well to that sort of thing.

It would be interesting if you could get it to work in some way, though.

It should be pretty doable, I mean SLX has already melee. I am somewhat concerned about AIs ability to use it and I need to do something for the problem that when enemy is laying you can't kill him with melee weapons (shouldn't be hard to fix though).

The M/26 LMG/Automatic rifle looks interesting. I presume it'll be a bit like "firing" an American B.A.R. in the game. How did the Finns actually use

it? The small capacity magazines would have made it rather awkward to

use as a squad machine gun.

Pretty much same, more accurate and slower rate of fire. I don't actually know why Finnish Army chose only smaller capacity magazine even if there was much larger and fitting choice.

Weapon was used as support weapon for infantry squad, platoon consisted two squads with M/26 LMG and two with M/31 Suomi smg (which was also used as support weapon originally, until it was found to be better in other tasks). Of course there was quite large quantinity of spare magazines in squad, but still it is kind of poor choice for support weapon. Also weapons users seem to think so when they dumbed it for DP-27 when opportunity presented itself.

Von Rundstedt! Im amazed you STILL have my T-20 Komsomolets knocking about!

its nice to see atleast one of my models living somewhere, I didnt by any chance give you a copy of my Zis-5 truck did I?

Never turned my back from excellent model ;)

Unfortunantly I don't have your ZIS, only T-20. Do you still have it somewhere by any chance? I would love to welcome it in mod :)

I am very excited for this mod! Do you have a possible release date for the mod? and will you have any decisions on porting it over to ArmA 2 in the future?

Unfortunantly I can't give any release date, but we are closing to it. We will port to ArmA2 and propably after first release we move to ArmA2 completely.

Never turned my back from excellent model ;)

Unfortunantly I don't have your ZIS, only T-20. Do you still have it somewhere by any chance? I would love to welcome it in mod :)

Ive been searching everywhere for a copy of the Zis-5 I made, but no one seems to have it which is a pain as id made it as accurate as possible :(

I will however be making it again as I still have all the blueprints and such like available and im coming back to modding as soon as I get o2 working :yay:

So once I have made a copy ill pass it onto you :)

yeah, it seems russians like to stage a charge of bayonet during some bloody fights. Their long bayonets on Mosin rifles really make their enemy in trembling.

Right im back on this one now as I sorted out my password :p

Von Rundstedt I just saw your PM about using the T-20 lol and you obviously have my fullest permission to use it how you wish providing its just for FWW2 ^^,

I will however be making it again as I still have all the blueprints and such like available and im coming back to modding as soon as I get o2 working

Thats great to hear and we still have spot for you in mod if you want it ;)

Von Rundstedt I just saw your PM about using the T-20 lol and you obviously have my fullest permission to use it how you wish providing its just for FWW2

Thanks, I tried to even reach you with e-mail back then. I made quite a lot of changes in it, but main frame is still the same :)

yeah, it seems russians like to stage a charge of bayonet during some bloody fights. Their long bayonets on Mosin rifles really make their enemy in trembling.

At Winter war russians were still using WW1 style tactics which usually involved and lead to close combat, so it would be really nice to get it in mod.

I change my email all too often :P

Your the only mod that still has one of my models I think :D

And its really good to see this mod still going, everythings improved and it looks top class!

Edit: Id love to take up that spot in the mod :) ill try and get o2 working tonight and ill PM you my new msn/email :)

so bayonets will be usable? that would be awesome to see :), i know that the finn's used molotov cocktails against T-26's ? are they going to be part of this mod?

By the way i am a Russian myself and i know alot about the winter war. I honor both sides of the fallen men and men who fought during the war.Seeing such a mod being created based on this scenario is exciting.

However i haven't gone through every post on this thread and i am curious , i don't want to sound rude, but will the mod portray both sides evenly, so its not being biased? Like portraying russian's in the mod as bad?

Anyhow will trenches be added as an object? i know the finn's built vast amount of trenches with tank barriers along the mannerheim line.

And its really good to see this mod still going, everythings improved and it looks top class!

Edit: Id love to take up that spot in the mod :) ill try and get o2 working tonight and ill PM you my new msn/email

Few years intensive redoing tends to get you bit better than before and granted I have gotten better at this since 2004 :p

Just to illustrate what I mean:

SuomiKP.jpg

thumb480x248promo_suomih.jpg

I keep your seat free for you ;)

i know that the finn's used molotov cocktails against T-26's ? are they going to be part of this mod?

Yes, assuming h- gets it done before he commits suicide because of it. It has always been hardest stepping stone in this mod and we could really use talented scripter to our aid with this. Molotov is working ingame and looks really beautiful, but there is so many issues and variables that needs to be taken care of.

By the way i am a Russian myself and i know alot about the winter war. I honor both sides of the fallen men and men who fought during the war.Seeing such a mod being created based on this scenario is exciting.

However i haven't gone through every post on this thread and i am curious , i don't want to sound rude, but will the mod portray both sides evenly, so its not being biased? Like portraying russian's in the mod as bad?

It is always nice to see Russians intrested about wars in Finnish front, it has been quite suppressed topic (especially Winter war) in Russia until recently. I suggest that you visit mods forum (can be found by clicking my sig. picture) there is more up to date pictures, discussions and WIPs.

We try to make mod as open for both sides as possible. No biased point of views by mod members and neither side wont be elevated, however we plan to make proper and correct atmosphere at the time for campaign included in release (or we hope to include at least). So it might be Finn biased, but we also make SP and MP missions for Soviet side where in return feelings and atmosphere is biased towards Soviet side. We try to capture emotions of people who fought in war according their told and writen stories.

So in short Russians wont be portrayed bad any more than Finns are. Both sides were capable to horrible deeds as well as act of kindness.

Anyhow will trenches be added as an object? i know the finn's built vast amount of trenches with tank barriers along the mannerheim line.

It is kind of must in this mod, so yes we include them. Still on to-do list.

We have already model for bunker and I have few ideas for tank barriers, just have to find time to do them

Yet another small update with a question attached.

First quick teaser since I have kept so long silent of ingame screenshots, but then in return I have got a lot done in meantime.

Last orders before attack

thumb480x384fww2_armashot_18.jpg

And now the question part. I have edited BIS faces in attempt to get battle worn look on some faces to bring variety on clean and neat regular face. Obiviously it still needs some work on it. Should we keep them in mod or scrap this idea?

facetest.jpg

It looks excellent.

It really adds to the variety.

Just be carefull not to overdo it.

Which vehicles do you intend to use ?

Greetingz from an i44 coder, Monk.

At the moment vehicle list is:

T-28

BT-5

BT-7, models 1935 & 1937

T-26, models 1931, 1933 & 1938 (done)

OT-130 (done)

T-20 Komsomolets (done)

Vickers 6-ton

ZIS-5 truck

So far all vehicles has been made by mod members and by how it looks there wont be much chance for 3rd party additions. However we have got permission to use few weapons from 3rd party mods and addon makers.

Keep those worn look! Dont think that soldiers primarily in + after combat do really care about their style & fashion.

Waiting for first winter combat with FWW2!

As to worn faces, could you make it as an option between clean and dirty in the game? Personally, it would be nice to have warn faces when in a heavy fight. But in most cases, I think soldiers' faces would be clean anyway.

I took my bird for a fly today...

thumb480x262fww2_armaofshot_03.jpg

Model by Steelexia and textures by me. Swastika on side of plane is Von Rosen's cross and has nothing to do with Nazi swastika. It has been in use of Finnish Air Force since 1918. More info can be found from here.

Really nice pictures, especially the aircraft! When I'm right, the Finnish Air Force also flew the Brewster Buffalo, didn't they? Would be a neat addon - but that is just a thought. Keep going with this great work.

marcomio:)

Yes FAF also flew Brewster Buffalo, unfortunantly it is not included in first release plan. Only planes we make for now are Fokker D.XXI and I-16 Polikarpov, we don't have resources for more :(

I would like to include DB-2 or DB-3, Brewster, but it has to be left out for now.