Von Rundstedt

Fww2 - finland at war 1939-1945

Certainly seems to be exactly same one. I personally don't take it lightly to be misled on this kind of thing mad_o.gif

Thanks for head up Mikko and Smartti.

Do not worry completely re-modled versions KV-1 and KV-2 tanks are under works like I said earlier in Normandy thread. The configs were written firsts because of the problems with bow mg position (crew members wandering off during combat etc.) Luckily they have been solved.

I'll post some wire pics tomorrow so you see that the model is a different one (well the overall shape is the same, but wire is not the same). Textures I have not even touched yet.

Like mentioned earlier on Winter War has the the early proto version of KV-tank so a different version is needed anyway.

Anyway the biggest problem with addons seems to be many times that the authors do not make them comprable. Config values can be totally non-comparable, some vehicles seem to be out of scale etc.

Just out of curiosity how much armor are you going to give to T-26?

EDIT:

Just one clarification is still needed - FWW2 and FDF are not parts of the same team? (another doing the modern stuff while another does WW2)? Since FDF team has made WW2 stuff in the past.

Quote[/b] ]FWW2 and FDF are not parts of the same team?

Nope, we are not a part of FDF mod..

OK. Some progress after a while. A first time the new KV-2 is in the game. A lot remains to be done and refined.

kv2_ingame.png

It would speed things up if we could use the old KV-1 as a basis for a new one, but I understand that it can't be done. It's a delay, but not an obstacle.

I have kept it quiet in here for a quite a while, so I think its time that I update this topic again.

If you have been visiting FWW2 forums you already know these or most of them, since I have posted them there and some of them quite a while ago.

I am sorry that its nothing really new that I can show, but I have been keeping myself busy with fine tuning and finishing exsisting. Hope you see something new still and that you like it. As always comments and critizism is more than welcomed.

First some promotional pictures of T-26 models that is included in mod. All variants except model 1931 will have winter camo version, also there will be commander versions of models 1933 & 1938 as you can see in pictures, totalling 11 T-26 variants

thumb460x345fww2_armapose_t26.jpg thumb460x345fww2_armapose_t2638.jpg

thumb460x345fww2_armapose_ot130.jpg thumb460x345fww2_armapose_t2631.jpg

Here is general gunnery optics for T-26 tanks, didn't have thumbnails of them so I post them as URL instead.

T-26 gunnery optics

DT tank LMG optic (T-26 model 1931)

Now for something actually new, wound effects. I decided to make own ones rather than use original BIS wounds (since UV map is completely remade anyway, I cant use BIS original on top of it), it should actually fit much better, since most of soldiers had rifles and on that ideal multiple holes in body might not be very realistic.

thumb460x345fww2_armaofshot_01.jpg

Here is ingame screenshot I took when I making stress test on my computer, for my suprise I didn't experience notable lag (I did have drop on frame rate for certain) even when there was full platoon of soviet infantry with three tanks and half-platoon of finnish infantry. So I can assume LODs are working well.

Soviet infatry platoon managed to drive finns away from their defence positions, both sides suffered heavy casualties.

thumb460x345fww2_armaofshot_02.jpg

looking Good! smile_o.gif

Are the pics still being taken on Winter Nogova or a FWW2 map? wink_o.gif

Still unfortunantly on Winter Nogova. I have started to make satmap, but island itself has to wait until end of next month unless we get somebody to work on it.

Just a small update, few close up buldozer "renders" of basic soldier models and their equipment. More screenshots and WIP work you can find from fww2 forums.

Soviet officer with sheepskin coat (polushubok).

soupseeri.jpg

Soviet greatcoat soldiers

thumb484x470sovsold1.jpg

Finnish winter camo soldiers

thumb484x470fiwintercamo1.jpg

And finally one action screenshot (sorry for my low spec computer).

thumb460x345fww2_armashot_11.jpg

Island is still WIP and is not shown on last screenshot, its still Winter Nogova.

We really are in need for somebody who actually can use Visitor, so if anybody has intrest be sure to PM me.

Looking Good!

Would love to see a new winter island too. xmas_o.gif

It's all excellent stuff of course. Tanks, soldiers, weapons. Nice, very nice. Hope to see it in-game sometime soon!

Regards,

Wolfrug

Update time (short one this time), folks.

By clicking on thumbnails you get big pictures (just from these pictures, not the "big picture" :p ), both are quite large (200-300Kb) so 56K users be warned.

First is already somewhat old, but haven't had chance to post it here due to migration and lack of time.

Soviet pre-Great Patriotic war Telogreika uniform.

thumb480x609sovtelo1.jpg

And as last, updated M/31 Suomi submachinegun.

thumb480x248promo_suomih.jpg

Thanks.

Quick addition:

M/27 Infantry rifle was first notable (and succesful, even if it had its own problems) finnish modification of Soviet M/1891 Mosin Nagant rifle. Known as Pystykorva (Spitz) due to front sights guard that reminded about dogs pointy ears. M/27 served as main infantry rifle for Finnish army with M/91 Mosin Nagant during Winter war.

thumb480x248promo_m27kiv.jpg

This one still needs some fixing, but since I posted it elsewhere too I might as well post it here also.

I have to say that your texture work looks truly amazing, i'm looking forward to your work :wink_o:

Wow that wood is really impressing! Very believeable. Soldiers look great, too ;)

excellent job guys,good to see you working at it.

Ok, after this I leave you in peace again.

AVS-36 Simonov (sorry for quality, had to scale from original)

thumb480x248promo_avs36.jpg

Both Mosin Nagants

thumb480x248promo_nagantit.jpg

In future :rolleyes:

More seriously: with this amount of mod members, still takes quite a while.

More Finnish soldiers.

There wasn't enough snow camouflage suits (or white bed sheets) for everybody in finnish army at 1939. So second most common uniform was either greatcoat or M/36 service uniform. Towards the end of war situation was even worse. (Click on thumbnail for whole picture)

thumb480x711figreatsld1.jpg

And mandatory ingame screenshot. Still on Winter Kolgujev, but work on new island has finally begun.

thumb460x345fww2_armashot_12.jpg

Nice to see some progress.How many members you have?