Von Rundstedt

Fww2 - finland at war 1939-1945

We will release for ArmA and then port to ArmA2, so much is already done that it would be waste not to use them, especially scripts....

Great news. :)

Nice models, and nice work. Once again, congratulations. ;)

It is time for another screenshot. This time featuring local flora and 50-PM 39. It looks like a toy, but packs big punch for such an small portable support weapon.

thumb480x384fww2_armashot_22.jpg

Nice thing to see for Winter War. Seems such supporting weapon was popular in early war. Just like T26 tanks, they were outdated soon after German's invasion.

how are you gonna make those mortars work in-game? do you have a system planned for it so players can accurately use them or are you just gonna have them shoot in the air and have the player guess where it is gonna land.

anyways great job again and are the units gonna look that dirty/undercooled in the release or are that just effects you added later on?

Engagement range of mortar is ingame from ~300m to ~550m, which is not quite realistic distance, but I chose it because then hitting on target is more likely, especially since primary target will be infantry. Playability has to come before realism.

Also in real there isn't any optics for this mortar, but I was planning to make sort of an distance gauge to aid targeting. How this actually works is still a matter of testing. Targeting also comes easier by slower traverse speed which should make aiming slightly easier at least.

Even without optic I was able to reduce 40 men to 4 men after couple pinpoint rounds in less than 1,5 minutes. So it shouldn't be impossible without optic either.

Nice thing to see for Winter War. Seems such supporting weapon was popular in early war. Just like T26 tanks, they were outdated soon after German's invasion.

I doubt that they were outdated. Light mortars like this are still in widespread

use today. Speaking of the British 51mm mortar (the only one I know close

up), they were great; you could put quite a concentration of fire onto a

target with one (HE, WP/smoke or illuminating). A good team could have

several bombs in flight at once and really "stonk" the target.

@"Von Rundstedt"

Is this a static weapon in the game (like the BIS tripod-mounted machine guns)?

anyways great job again and are the units gonna look that dirty/undercooled in the release or are that just effects you added later on?

Sorry missed this completely...

Most of dirt is real deal, faces and uniforms are dirty (also clean faces exist). Snow is on model and knees are especially dirty. In that picture you don't really see most of the dirt.

I doubt that they were outdated

True, especially light mortars were used through the war, many countries still use them now days.

Is this a static weapon in the game (like the BIS tripod-mounted machine guns)?

Yes it will be as static weapon and it is made portable through scripting. Also AI usage will be most likely done with scripting.

I doubt that they were outdated. Light mortars like this are still in widespread

use today.

When I said it was outdated, it doesn't mean they were not used at all. Just are not used as a critical or important supporting fire anymore. For instance, in a german infantry platoon, at first there was a mortar squad and later it was removed.

Cliché screenshot this time:

Hold the Line

I think that tank is about to come a cropper once it clears that breastwork! :)

What A/Tk weapons are available in the mod? Boys anti-tank rifle?

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

When I said it was outdated [...]

I'm just looking forward to seeing this addon one working in the game.

That tank wont be going anywhere it has engine in fire and crew burning on ground. Thanks to one of the AT weapons in mod: Molotov Cocktail ;)

Basically at this point only every soldiers AT weapons are Molotov and pile-up charges. Boys would be a lovely addition, but I am not sure do we have enough time to include it.

Any new sound animations for russian and finnish? For instance, charing forward with "Urah!" and hold the mosin rifles with long and sharp bayonets...

Not sure about additional custom sounds, lets see what time permits. However probably "Uraa" will be there.

Now at Finlands independence day we want to post something completely new from us. First video clip portraiting some of the features mod has and second is plain old gigantic promotional screenshot.

Misc features, part 1 (be sure to check it in HD quality)

1ZsA4lun2MQ

SVT-38

thumb480x248promo_svt38.jpg

Von Rundstedt ,

greetings.

Why you think to make Boys riffle? Finns used Lahti AT riffle, IMHO.

Why you think to make Boys riffle? Finns used Lahti AT riffle, IMHO.

Good point, but during the Winter War there was only two existing in field for testing. Great Britain donated 100 Boys AT-rifles to Finland during the war and 300 more was obtained before Continuation War. Boys was replaced by L-39 Lahti AT-rifle in 1942.

So Lahti doesn't quite fit on our initial release plans. However it is still unsure do we add Boys, especially since they weren't numerous either.

Von Rundstedt, do you have full list of planned addons?

I have some sort of list existing, bit outdated, but I only take ones that we currently plan to add.

Small arms:

M/91 Mosin Nagant

M/91-30 Mosin Nagant (+bayonet +PU-scope)

M/27 Pystykorva

M/28-30 Sk. Pystykorva

AVS-36 automatic rifle

SVT-38 automatic rifle

M/31 Suomi

PPD-34

PPD-34/38

DP-27

M/26 Lahti-Saloranta

P08 Luger (from Inv44)

M/1895 Nagant

Possibly flare pistol

Explosives:

M/32 stick grenade

RGD-33 grenade

3kg & 4kg pileup charges

Molotov Cocktail

Satchel charge

Luhas AP-mine

Pipemine

M/36 AT-mine

Static weapons:

Maxim obr. 1910 (Sokolov mount, no shield)

M/09-21 Maxim (or M/32-33)

37 PstK/36 AT-gun

50 PM-39 Mortar

76K/02 (76mm Pushka obr. 1902) light field cannon

40 ItK/35 AA-gun (from wld427)

Aviation:

Fokker D.XXI

I-16 Polikarpov

Tanks:

T-26 model 1931

T-26 model 1933 (+camo +commander)

T-26 model 1938 (+camo +commander)

OT-130 (+camo)

BT-5 (+camo +commander)

BT-7 model 1935

BT-7 model 1937

T-28 (both with L-10 and KT-28) (+camo +commander)

Vickers 6-ton (not high on priority list)

Vehicles:

Skis

ZIS-5

Soldiers:

Finnish: Camo, M/36 uniform, Greatcoat and M/27 uniform (Civil Guards)

Soviet: Greatcoat, Telogreika, furcoat (officers) and camo

+Loads of objects and edited BIS trees.

I think that pretty much all, might be that I have forgotten something.

... Boys would be a lovely addition, but I am not sure do we have enough time to include it.

If you want it, I could give you this model of a Boys ATR. It is about 98%

complete but it might serve as a good quick-start for you if you have no

model of your own just now.

I really love that tank! Perfect. It was more usefull then BT during Winter War.

If you want it, I could give you this model of a Boys ATR. It is about 98% complete but it might serve as a good quick-start for you if you have no

model of your own just now.

I would love that. It would give perfect excuse to add it in. Model looks pretty done to me, is there something to add actually or just polishing details? Also is it UV-mapped or is that still to do?

I really love that tank! Perfect. It was more usefull then BT during Winter War.

Defiantly my favorite Soviet tank and I wouldn't dream of leaving it out. Steelexia worked on it and when he handed it to me it was at this condition.

T-28_final.jpg

I just need to do some minor work on it still, but otherwise it is good to go for UV-mapping.

I would love that. It would give perfect excuse to add it in. Model looks pretty done to me, is there something to add actually or just polishing details? Also is it UV-mapped or is that still to do?

You'll just need to complete a little bit around the receiver. I'll also send

some reference photos you can use for that. Unfortunately it isn't UV-

mapped. I abandoned work on the WW2 stuff I was doing before I learned

how to do the UV-mapping. I'll send you a PM about it (I should really have

just sent a PM in the first place) once I've got it all packed up for you to

download.

I just need to do some minor work on it still, but otherwise it is good to go for UV-mapping.

Note that you have left mg-turret reverced. In real it was also right-sided - plz check blueprints.

commander and non-commander's tank in RKKA usually named as radio-tank (radiynyj) and line-tank (lineynyj)

What about tank with additional armour?