Issetea

Sahrani Life

Quote[/b] ]Currently we are working on Version 1.1. Besides some further bugfixes and improvements of current functions, we will add more features.

That is a very good news! I hope youll implement as much as possible. notworthy.gif

Quote[/b] ]We read every post, and we note your suggestions, and a lot of them are good ideas. But please consider: We are still talking about Armed Assault, not about a complete different game, and we can not realize everything if ArmA has no option to do so.

Well, i already knew that something like this statement would come.

Basically, when using good written .sqf scripts, a Server could handle hundreds of scripts. That means, with Scripts, nearly everything suggested should be possible. Its all a question of work. You already see what is possible with scripts, when playing the current Version of this great map.

What i mean is, nearly everything of that great Options in your map is something "ArmA has no option to do so." by default.

So again, i belive that the very most of all the suggestions could, should and will be possible....

Quote[/b] ]A release date of V.1.1 can not yet be determined, and you should not expect it the next few days.

Good, i think thats no Problem at all.

The Mission is currently very bug-free (exept Mh6 Jail transport issues), so you can Focus totally on improving/adding things to that great map.

From a personal point of view (and i'm sure others share that opinion), you can even take months of time to code, if the result is convincing.

Keep up the good work and try to build-in as many suggestions as possible.

(The Tax-system suggested by me, could be a basis for so many further realistic improvements - and its should be easy doable by some new Scripts and updating existing like the ones from Banking)

Best Regards, and i hope youll mange everything to your satisfaction,

Christian

Thanks for the update Fewo =)

Good to see you're reading everyone's posts! biggrin_o.gif Obviously you shouldnt/couldnt add all the suggestions, quite a lot of them are trying to make the game to 'their own taste', which limits the opportunities of the mission IMO.

At the end of the day, anything you can add would be great, but dont feel obliged to take something from everyone if you dont think its suitable for the map or if its going to create a more linear type of gameplay =)

Remember guys, although lots of elaborate scripts etc may not be a problem with this many slots, if you want more slots AND more scripts, you're gonna sacrifice performance.. personally i'd rather keep my performance and just add more slots =) But anything which can be added without having noticeable performance impacts are great xmas_o.gif

Keep up the good work notworthy.gif

I agree, take your time people are happy with it so far, and so should be willing to wait for a great release instead of minor updates with non-functional scripts.

As for 1.02 on the server, its there. Everyone just seems to like playing the 1.01 (R.E) because it has 30 slots, even with some of the mistakes I made in adjusting the scripts. Which goes back to my first statement in this post.

In response to Gaffa, thats why we have forums m8, someone gets a idea, someone else improves on it. I like your suggestions. Tho an ambulance just driving around is likely to be where its not needed. As well as ending up like the buses and jammed on someones road block. The idea on having to get a degree is great tho, do you suppose its possible to have a mobile work space? As long as someone is in a certain type of / or specific vehilce they get paid?

Admins of servers, how about getting a list of known trouble makers started, with name and id# for a community ban list?

This wont stop them all, but will cut down on the casual abuser.

-Col.Sniper[Recon]

reconsig.jpg

Hi i have another 5 (what i think minor) suggestions for improvement:

- Possibility to holster big guns (rifles) via action menu and bring them back just like with pistols(inventory). A Arma animation is already in for that(Rifle holstered on back)

- Use keychain via actionmenu-entry when standing next to your own bought car. I think thats easy implementable

- Possibility to let cars be repaired at Fuelstation (just like with refuelling)

- Selling stolen cars aswell. Of course for a way lower price then legally bought cars.

- Possibility to rebuy your equipment(or parts of it for what you own a license) after you get arrested, for a acceptable Price.

The revenue from this will then go into the "Repayment Fund", which i mentioned a few post above on last page.

Best Regards, Christian

One thing I have noticed that could be abused is that I was an armed civ hiding in a house and the cops arrested me from outside through the walls. Perhaps something could be done so arrests can only be made when a person is not armed/and or with there hands up. smile_o.gif

Another thing which I think I read would be good to have a money convoy that went from ATMs to the bank or something and the more stops they made the more cash would be generated when the civ took it to the required destination.

Cheers. wink_o.gif

With the Teleporter script ON, I have not seen any negative effects with it.

The 60 seconds is quite effective in preventing abuse of it.

I find it very useful for civilians who have played a long time and are now focused on making life interesting for the cops. It cuts down on having to drive ALL the way to Masbete/Terror camp and then all the way back.

Civilians stuck in Masbete after a jailing can quickly return to the Hospital.

Is it possible to have the Teleport script to be default set to ON, and only set to OFF when someone wants to keep it off?

Most server admins don't think to turn it on when starting a game, so it is VERY rare for me to find a server with it ON. I'd love it if it defaulted to ON so most servers would have it ON while leaving room for those who somehow hate it to be motivated to switch it OFF.

Great MAP Fewo and Isstea! Thank you for working on it!!!

One thing I have noticed that could be abused is that I was an armed civ hiding in a house and the cops arrested me from outside through the walls. Perhaps something could be done so arrests can only be made when a person is not armed/and or with there hands up.  smile_o.gif

Another thing which I think I read would be good to have a money convoy that went from ATMs to the bank or something and the more stops they made the more cash would be generated when the civ took it to the required destination.

Cheers.  wink_o.gif

I believe that is an engine limitation of ArmA mate sad_o.gif

----------------------

By the way, thinking about it, i suggest if you do intend to add more slots to the map, you do it before adding new scripts/features.. cause the more scripts and stuff you add, surely the more difficult it gets to add on more scripts?

Just a suggestion to save you bother smile_o.gif

Just an idea I had, I'm not sure if makes the game better.

An assassin training (costs huge amounts) would make a player's kills not reveal him as the killer. An eventhandler would detect when he fires a shot and then duplicate the used round's type and velocity and delete the old one, giving the new round no ownership. A kill would only show as "dude was killed".

Another thing would be to give all civs that feature so police don't know right away who did it. But that would give way to more griefing again.

Im thinking of hosting another Crime City tournament, but this time I will use Sahrani Life version.

Heres some very old info about it http://www.onlinewarfare.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6975) I think this new versions is really good. Also, I dont have to modify anything any longer smile_o.gif

BloodOmen won the first award, I bet some guys want revenge on him smile_o.gif

untitled10qr.jpg

Anyone intrested?

I really believe this script will make ur mission look twice better wink_o.gif this will also can add one more work place, lol

http://www.ofpec.com/index.p....30605.0

That seems to be cool... yay.gif

A very important Issue:

Folks, i have played this Mission now since the day 1.02 was out and at least 8-10 hours per day(yes i am crazy about this mission - its the best in Arma i've ever played) - but it becomes boring after longer play times.

Ill try to explain now why i think this is gonna happen after some hours of playing (either as cop or civ). But before i must say that most of the previously mentioned suggestions for this mission could not solve this problem, they can just delay it.

The imho main reason (as to put it in words) is that the gameplay currently ALWAYS leads to: CIVS against COPS (or vice versa).

That means whenever the civs managed to made enough money the mission will become boring to them.

So as a first solution to this "boringlity", they'll start to spend money to other Civs to make them also even richer, then when nearly all of the Civs become rich enough, they start to just kill cops. Simply as it is. Cops get killed without end.

This phenomenon is happening always after the first few hours and it will continue until "the end" - means until someone restarts this mission.

There is simply no Motivation anymore for the Civs than just kill cops in all verious ways - either as terrorists or just like they want.

So both for the civs and the cops the game will become very very boring and monotonously. (Thats what many people stated when playing this mission for at least 2+ hours)

That is the main Problem i think so far.

But there is a way to solve this Issue completely! yay.gif

It has something to do with changing the way "fractions" relate to each other.

Basically im thinking off:

Why not make Civs to be able to join "Clans" or some other form of "Groups" within the Mission?

So that each Civ can join such a "Group" and organizing itself with the other Groupmebers, making missions together, buying Workplaces and so on - and of course: Fight other Groups! (in various ways like: destroying their hideouts, rob their money, steal their cars, killing them, etc.) wink_o.gif

If you would implement such joinable Groups, the Gameprinciple will completely change from:

COPS against CIVS (like currently in 1.02)

to

CIVS(in Groups) compete/rival to "other" CIVS(in other Groups) and COPS doing "just" COPS-Work.

Please think about this!

This is IMHO one of the major suggestions to make this Mission much more "longer lasting" by adding nearly endless possibilities of acting and treating with each other and so it would bring even more fun to either of the, then arising, "fractions"/"partys".

Of course something like this will only make sense when adding much more player Slots.

64 Players could be a "House Number" - im thinking of 24 Cops and 40 Civs (which can join Groups)

No i think it is very Interessting what the rest of you think!

I say: Consider this Issetea and Fewo. Even if it will take Months of building this, we will be patient and it would be the Ultimate (RPG-)Mission for Arma.

I know that at least one of the mission creators is German like myself, so if you want i can explain it also in German to you.

Best Reagards and i hope you consider that tremendous change in Gameprinciple,

Christian alias "Arma_Chriss" and "Mr.g-c"

I suggest removing Roadblock and Weapon-search. The roadblocks only really blocks off AI-drivers,

and is annoying and unrealistic for everyone.

It does not have much use for the Cops either, as the blocks often can be passed without much loss of speed for a human driver by steering to the side of the road.

Also, people are so used to lonely roadblocks that it doesnt make them think that they should stop for controll(unless there is a cop standing infront of it, and then the whole point about blocks is ruined)

At least make it so that all the cops can remove a roadblock without owning it them self.

-Has anyone ever seen a weapon search doing anything good?

all it seems to do is to waste time and potentially delete a legally owned handgun.

I might be the only one thinking this, what do you guys think about removing this action?

-Many cop-cars contains nades + ammo.

This causes games to be thrown into DM when civs takes the nades from the cop cars. This could be solved by having only the 2500$ cop car and mh6 in the cop car buy menu.

-A lot of cops doesnt seem to know about the new-life rule, and arrests civillians at spawn.

maybe some info about that could be put in the intro?

-Cop markers that only the cops can see would be very helpful in coordinating patrols and manhunts.

The idea of a farm-job with tractor driving from checkpoint to checkpoint on a field is just awesome!

Same goes for rival gangs, but that sounds like a hell lot of coding for poor Issetea and fewo whistle.gif

I havent had such fun since good ol' Skye and OW inlove.gif

Quote[/b] ]I suggest removing Roadblock and Weapon-search. The roadblocks only really blocks off AI-drivers,

and is annoying and unrealistic for everyone.

Quote[/b] ]It does not have much use for the Cops either, as the blocks often can be passed without much loss of speed for a human driver by steering to the side of the road.

Also, people are so used to lonely roadblocks that it doesnt make them think that they should stop for controll(unless there is a cop standing infront of it, and then the whole point about blocks is ruined)

No, the Roadblock will be used always together with a cop standing next or in near to it.

The only reason youll see "lonely" roadblocks on the map is because they are not "un-deployable" anymore if you place them.

But a demand for such a option is already suggested in other previous posts.

I say let it like it is (exept a option to un-deploy)! Its IMHO a good think for "atmosphere" of beeing a cop rather than for its suggested use.

Quote[/b] ]-Has anyone ever seen a weapon search doing anything good?

Sure! You can see if the CIV is armed (for example withoutn having a license for).

This is a important featre for the cops actings. It must stay in the game.

Quote[/b] ]-Many cop-cars contains nades + ammo.

This causes games to be thrown into DM when civs takes the nades from the cop cars. This could be solved by having only the 2500$ cop car and mh6 in the cop car buy menu.

A better solution is to remove all Grenades and Magazins out of the Cars by a small script after spawn.

But i think for "Realism" the cops must consider it to keep their eye on their vehicles and even more when having a Vehicle with ammo in it!

Quote[/b] ]-A lot of cops doesnt seem to know about the new-life rule, and arrests civillians at spawn.

maybe some info about that could be put in the intro?

Thats right, but i mean if a single Terroirst blew up large parts of the city and killing 5 Cops or so and you kill em finally, it seems that that is not enough as a penalty for the most cops (included myself). Also if there is a uncontrolable situation currently at around the bank area, cops arrest sometimes also ungulty People just like in real life. Its like in real life when you are at a demonstration - no matter if you are one of the guys that threw the stones and moilotov cocktails, the cops will arrest you if you in reach of them to protect theirselves.

Quote[/b] ]-Cop markers that only the cops can see would be very helpful in coordinating patrols and manhunts.

You already can do that by first switching into side-channel before placing a marker.

Quote[/b] ]The idea of a farm-job with tractor driving from checkpoint to checkpoint on a field is just awesome!

Same goes for rival gangs, but that sounds like a hell lot of coding for poor Issetea and fewo whistle.gif

Fully agree to it!

Regards, Christian

cops need to be penalized when they act like assholes or rambo. Ex: Send them in jail when they kill more than xxxx unwanted civilians. They should not arrest or fine u if u are clean.

They should act like in real life, shooting only when its needed, u could force them to arrest a wanted person (may be with money) instead of killing him.

Keep up the good work

[KH]OneManShow

cops need to be penalized when they act like assholes or rambo. Ex: Send them in jail when they kill more than xxxx unwanted civilians. They should not arrest or fine u if u are clean.

You can not say this for all situations.

You can also kill somebody even if he is not wanted yet! Just for self-defense when a guy point a weapon on you or even shoot (and luckylie missed with the first shot). But that depens on the situation if there were some Copkills before from this Guys/in that area , etc...

So such a option only based on unwated/wanted status isnt very good.

I think a Chief cop which can control the own team and punish (sending to jail - suspend from service/dutys) cops who act Demonstrably wrong and abusing its powers, is enough - but thats just my Personal oppinion.

Quote[/b] ]u could force them to arrest a wanted person (may be with money) instead of killing him.

Yes thats a suggestion which going in a direction i mentioned some posts before...

The Problem is that the most wanted Civs love it more to get Killed rather than go to jail. Also it is very difficult to arrest someone who is fleeing from you. So because of this, something like a "actionmenu-entry" which "throws" a fleeing person down and let it automatically be searchable and (if needed) arrestable would solve such Problems.

Regards, Christian

Quote[/b] ]-Has anyone ever seen a weapon search doing anything good?
Quote[/b] ]Sure! You can see if the CIV is armed (for example withoutn having a license for).

Maybe removing the remove-gun part of weapons_search would be for the best?

So that the cops can be informed about the gun, without the gun being deleted?

For someone to have a handgun without license is very rare anyway since you need a licence to buy a gun.

Quote[/b] ]A better solution is to remove all Grenades and Magazins out of the Cars by a small script after spawn.

Yea that would probably be better if its possible with scripts smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]But i think for "Realism" the cops must consider it to keep their eye on their vehicles and even more when having a Vehicle with ammo in it!

The problem is that the majority of cops on public servers does not know that there are WMDs in the cars that they so carelessly buy and park in Bang, then dieing, buy a new car and randomly park that too.

Quote[/b] ]-Cop markers that only the cops can see would be very helpful in coordinating patrols and manhunts.
Quote[/b] ]You already can do that by first switching into side-channel before placing a marker.

I was talking about markers that shows location of the cops automaticly, just like in crime city

Fun fact: i joined this forum in june 2006 and posted my first post today whistle.gif Now how about that tounge2.gif

I think a Chief cop which can control the own team and punish (sending to jail - suspend from service/dutys) cops who act Demonstrably wrong and abusing its powers, is enough - but thats just my Personal oppinion.

I second this...

A Chief that has more powers and can discipline bad cops, and maybe even compensate/restore civilians. EXCELLENT for roleplaying, if the cops are more fearful of their Chief getting on them for abusing their powers.

This role could be abused of course, but once you have a really GOOD cop in that role I think the game would shine.

The Chief could stay at base more often as a commander, using civcam to see what civilians are doing (or what strategy the terrorist is taking against the cops pursuing him), advising and assisting the team, communicating and relating to civilians.

Tack-Up @ Nov. 16 2007,04:54)]I would say instead of a roadblock some sort of spike strip, which would be cool. Kinda hard to config i suppose.

this can be done by just lowering the french, will be very effective.

Do they saranhi life dev have added some player slot in 1.02 ?

Tack-Up @ Nov. 16 2007,04:54)]I would say instead of a roadblock some sort of spike strip, which would be cool. Kinda hard to config i suppose.

this can be done by just lowering the french, will be very effective.

Spike strips would have to disappear if the cop left, otherwise griefers will leave them all over the map or normal cops forget that they left one behind (or disconnect with one left behind).

People will be PISSED if they drive, blow out their tires, save their tires with their repair kit, then blow out their tires at the NEXT strip and now no longer having a kit to repair their car with and having to walk.

There has to be some kind of check to see if a cop killed a civilian who was unarmed, that way the cop can be penalized if there was no reason for such harsh action.

Trigger happy cops are very annoying, they can just shoot you for reasons unknown and you can lose lots of money from your pocket and they aren't even willing to repay it most of the time. It would be better if you'd lose your stuff only if you were wanted by the police.

Quote[/b] ]If you would implement such joinable Groups, the Gameprinciple will completely change from...

We already thought about such a script, but because it will take alot of time to realize we will include such a script later.

Quote[/b] ]A better solution is to remove all Grenades and Magazins out of the Cars by a small script after spawn.

Weapons and magazines are removed since Version 1.0. JIP players will still see the weapons and magazines and we can't remove them for JIP players, because we would remove all other weapons placed in the vehicle by other civs/cops as well. Theres no command to spawn a vehicle without guns/weapons :/.

Quote[/b] ]The idea of a farm-job ....

We will add such a job in Version 1.1.

Players will also have to eat.

Quote[/b] ]I was talking about markers that shows location of the cops automaticly, just like in crime city

Cops can switch on/off the copmarkers in the copbase (since Version 1.0)

Quote[/b] ]Do they saranhi life dev have added some player slot in 1.02

No more slots yet. but there will be more slots in later versions.

Quote[/b] ]There has to be some kind of check to see if a cop killed a civilian who was unarmed, that way the cop can be penalized if there was no reason for such harsh action.

We are still trying to find a solution for the "bad cop" situation.

Thanks for all you posts! Even if i'm not talking about every single new idea Fewo and me are still reading the posts :).

Current change-log (these things can still change or be removed):

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

- added: Hideout marker for the hideout owner

- changed: Deadhandler -> Counts your kills (Cops, Civs, Suicides), changed messages, Cop-Teamkiller have to pay $5000, some other fixes

- fixed: only illegal objects removed when arrested

- added: Bounty set on bankrobber

- changed: The cop who arrested a civ now writes the message in global chat (instead of the civ)

- changed: Disarm message

- changed: some prices

- changed: Mission name standard

- changed: ATM at Civhospital, Bank at Major Hall (Flag changed into a Computer inside the building)

- added: vehicles near the helipads or the right hangar in the copbase are not deleted when inactive

- added: Itemshop for items such as Medikit, Repairkit...

- added: You can carry a total of 100kg, every item has its' own weight

- added: Mobile Phone to write a PM to another player

Nice work guys smile_o.gif

Im not too sure about having the bank inside a building though.. Remember that all buildings are destructable.. unless you've found a way to make them invincible... cause otherwise someone will go carbomb/truckbomb the building (bank is always a target) and then you'll have a computer floating outside in rubble... :S

Just wondering whether or not you considered that and if you had a fix in place if you want to do it? biggrin_o.gif

Cheers  inlove.gif

EDIT: @ Cain

Im thinking of hosting another Crime City tournament, but this time I will use Sahrani Life version.

Heres some very old info about it http://www.onlinewarfare.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6975) I think this new versions is really good. Also, I dont have to modify anything any longer smile_o.gif

BloodOmen won the first award, I bet some guys want revenge on him smile_o.gif

untitled10qr.jpg

Anyone intrested?

Sounds like a great idea! I'd love to have a nice closed community for Sahrani Life without the greifers, with proper admins etc smile_o.gif

A tournament also sounds interesting, though i am a member of International Conflict so that will come first for me biggrin_o.gif Depending on the setup/date/time i'll definately join up!