Sign in to follow this  
durg78

Durg's Vegetation Fix

I can only assume that the View Blocking features were influenced by this mod, which is quite exciting! Luck for BIS, they have a tool to automatically generate these View Blocks, as I had to do them all by hand. crazy_o.gif

I'm really excited to see BIS taking this approach to vegetation. I'm really looking forward to seeing what other changes are in store for us in ArmA2.

thanks for your hard work! i couldn't survive without it(literally) in ArmA lol!

Very early in this thread, someone asked how using this mod would affect someone connecting to a server with signature verification on. The reply, if I understood it correctly, was that it would not affect the connection process because all the files that were changed were not at the ArmA/addons level. Is this a correct interpretation?

If so, does this expose a bug with how signature checking works?

The reason that I ask is that I want to include this mod on a Linux server that I have running.

TIA

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but will your Veg Fix work with this island.

If not, could there be a work around for it, if any?

This vegetation fix is designed to work with islands that use the default Arma plants.pbo.  It looks like the island you refer to is using a custom plants.pbo, so no, this mod will not work with that island.

The only workaround is for the creator of that custom PBO to create proper view blocks for thier vegetation (if they haven't already done so).

This vegetation fix is designed to work with islands that use the default Arma plants.pbo. It looks like the island you refer to is using a custom plants.pbo, so no, this mod will not work with that island.

The only workaround is for the creator of that custom PBO to create proper view blocks for thier vegetation (if they haven't already done so).

Okay, well thats no problem, I can live with the AI killing me. Will just have to go more slowly against the AI. smile_o.gif

with the patch 1.14 you did not need this mod or wrong? confused_o.gif

I have no idea where this rumor started. Yes, you still need this mod, even with 1.14. When ArmA 2 is released, they will have Vegetation that blocks AI sight similar to how this mod works.

with the patch 1.14 you did not need this mod or wrong? confused_o.gif

I have no idea where this rumor started.  Yes, you still need this mod, even with 1.14.  When ArmA 2 is released, they will have Vegetation that blocks AI sight similar to how this mod works.

I think he is confused with the lowplants "fix"?

I found this mod makes my shadows blocky/square, any chance of a fix for this? or a work around I could do?

I remember that with the patch 1.12 used this mod but with the 1.14 I'm not sure

Is there a Server key for this mod. without this key the mod will not work on our clan server sad_o.gif

This vegetation fix is designed to work with islands that use the default Arma plants.pbo.  It looks like the island you refer to is using a custom plants.pbo, so no, this mod will not work with that island.

Okay, well thats no problem, I can live with the AI killing me.  Will just have to go more slowly against the AI.  smile_o.gif

These are actually BIS trees, just made all over the island. so techincally it should work.

Sorry to dig this one up guys but I recently did some house cleaning and when I reinstalled some mods (including this one) I get this error now at load:

Addon 'KEGsaragrass' requires addon 'sara_dbe1'

I suspect it this one or lowplants, can anyone figure it out?

I got these mods running:

JTD SmokeFX

ARMA FX

DurgsVegetationFix

lowplants

some of truegameplay

some of sixsense

some of Proper mods

...I think thats it.

thx in advance,

Meat

the original kegetys lowplants needed Queen's Gambit expansion to work, later someone released a version of it that didn't need the expansion, i think you can find it inthe Kegety's Lowplants thread

edit : or you can use Q's PROPER_plants_standard_textures_with_lowplants that include Durg's Vegetation Fix and lowplants and its ready to install (without batch processes ) it's an addon version

edit : or you can use Q's PROPER_plants_standard_textures_with_lowplants that include Durg's Vegetation Fix and lowplants and its ready to install (without batch processes ) it's an addon version

Hey William. I've started having trouble getting Vegetation fix and lowplants to work with my latest install. Is "PROPER_plants_standard_textures_with_lowplants" an addon? can't find it anywhere.