Sign in to follow this  
NonWonderDog

Tank Fire Control Systems

I've just tested this addon and I must say: Amazing!

I wish we had such a thing back in the OFP M1A2 SEP.

But there is one thing which still confuses me: when zooming in gunnerview sometimes, the black around the optics disappears and my FOV is about my whole screen and not just a small circle.

This happens when I use different keys to zoom.

Really nice Addon!

Is it possible to make an "override"-Mode, like in real Tanks? (The Commander of a Leopard 2A5 and 2A6 can turn the turret to any direction, i.E. to the direction of the Target. For this, he have an "override" Mode, don't know the exact Name. Or is it not possible in the M1A1?)

And another Question. Is it required for the clients or still for the server, for the new damage simulation in a MP-game?

And if it is needed for the clients to work, is it possible to make it as a required Addon for the clients in a MP-game?

But there is one thing which still confuses me: when zooming in gunnerview sometimes, the black around the optics disappears and my FOV is about my whole screen and not just a small circle.

This happens when I use different keys to zoom.

For me, too.

Anyway, great Addon!

Our team's been keeping an eye on this mod. But is it MP compatible yet?

I hope the legend who created this hasn't burnt himself out with arma yet. Seeing what you have achieved so far, I had really high hopes for other improvements you could bring to ArmA. Things such as

-simple FCSs for all armoured vehicles

-simple FCS for Gunship Gunners

-Somewhat better simulated Javelin optics

etc.

I say 'simple', knowing how much importance you put on realism NWD, but even simplified versions which work in MP would add so much to the game. Your work is up there with the King Dinger of COC-Artillerry in my view, and I hope you haven't given up on ArmA just yet.

Is NWD active anymore? I do hope so.. He have made the most important contributions to my arma so far.

What I hope for is also MP compatible laser/rangefinder. Right now it works, but the performance on the computer where a player uses the rangefinder becomes choppy..

yeah fcs for gunships would be great. we need auto range for the cannons among other things..

I agree, this mod is an incredible addition to ArmA and should be continued. It is a shame that no matter what I do the mod does not work correctly on my computer.

The FCS system for the choppers would be wonderful, and would be a must have if it were ever released.

NWD, PLEASE tell me you are still working on this mod tounge2.gif

I'm using all NWD addons.

We have been testing all NWD addons in our dedi server, and doing tests, trying to incorporate them as standard in our server. Ballistics, sights fix and sights adjustment. (the standalone rangefinder is not compatible with the sights adjustments)

But this TFCS is not working fine in MP, you receive a error everytime you load a MP mission, but it loads anyway, and you get some non critical error message while playing from time to time.

If the server doesn't have the addon you get strange tank sights. tounge2.gif

It is also a pity that the fixed rangefinder doesn't work without the TFCS, since the idea of an sniper with his spotter is really attractive, but the rangefinder doesn't work properly, when more than one player is lasing something to get the range, the server lags a lot for a while. And the rangefider doesn't work at least a tank is present in the map (no matter where)

I hope he keeps updating this addons, becasue they worth it,

Any updates on this mod? Especially separating the Range Finder out again as it used to be.

Could you add a slight pause from when you enter a tank and until the tank becomes fully functioning? I was thinking like maybe 10-15 seconds to wait, while the engine gets started up, arm and battle systems gets ready etc..

Also it would be nice with a similar pause when someone changes from driver to gunner etc.

¿This addon is open or project is closed?

Its an more great addon of ArmA comunity, have intention of released new version?.

Incompetent stated this in the ACE public forum:

Quote[/b] ]He (NWD) has withdrawn from ArmA modding completely, so it would be highly unlikely, seeing the amount of work that would need to be put into it.

I realy hope that I misunderstand this... but it semms pretty clear confused_o.gif

Bump nener.gif

Quit the bump. If you want to know just try getting a hold off the author, PM or other means. If he doesn't answer, he's probably not gonna respond to the thread either.

I read that in the ACE forums as well, I hope it is a misunderstanding as well. Unfortunately NWD hasn't been around very much since last year. sad_o.gif

At least he left us with what he did. His content never leaves my target line since they've been released.

Question:

I use the TankFCS addon, and I have a problem with other tanks.

The only tank that has a reticle is the standard BIS T72 and M1A1, all other tanks dont have any reticles. Why is that? I can zoom but i have no idea where the round is going to end up when i fire the guns. Is there a fix or something i can use to fix this problem?

I think when this came out new model tanks werent around, Im guessing that this addon would need to be updated again in order to work with new tank addons.

Im no scripter of course but this addon did arrive on the scene some time ago before all the new things coming along as regards tanks in arma.

Quote[/b] ]He (NWD) has withdrawn from ArmA modding completely, so it would be highly unlikely, seeing the amount of work that would need to be put into it.

AS this quote from the other page states, it might not be updated by the author anytime soon.

The only tank that has a reticle is the standard BIS T72 and M1A1, all other tanks dont have any reticles. Why is that? I can zoom but i have no idea where the round is going to end up when i fire the guns. Is there a fix or something i can use to fix this problem?

They look like the standard, but are indeed modified versions made my NWD.

You have to transfer the changes to the mod-tanks for private use only. NWD has retired and no one checked for permission, yet... or even was able to reengineer the needed changes whistle.gif

Ups, sorry mrcash2009... seems that I answered too fast confused_o.gif

I have a problem with this addon...

The "Change FCS mode" thing does not show up anymore, and the laser range thing does not work. Basically, I just see the reticle (the modified one with the red circle), and that's it. I can still change the rounds, but the FCS does not work. Also, the laser designator addon does not work anymore, it just works like the standard BIS designator.

In the original post in this thread, it says something about a "GMJ_SightAdjusment", but I don't have that addon, so that is not causing the trouble...

the FCS worked a few days ago, but it doesn't work now. I have tried to fix it by removing addons but it didn't help. Has anyone else had this problem? How did you solve it?

Dunno, it works for me. Maybe it's because of some mods in your folders.

By the way, I'm loving this addon. This addon is how it should have been in the first place in ArmA. Please come back NWD sad_o.gif

I wonder ...did we even have new armor when NWD was around??Do ya think he would even mind having his Mod implemented into the new stuff???...I mean if he's gone,wouldn't that make it open to developement?...I don't recall him ever having an attitude of closedness about him,seemed quite the opposite to me.

This addon really needs to be continued as it was one of the best IMO. NWD please can we have permission to work on it... if you are out there. If hes not here I really dont think he would mind do you.

The TankFCS started working again when i removed the "AI Grenadier Fix"...