Sign in to follow this  
TonyRanger

FFN MOD

I can't wait, should be hell of a Sunday! yay.gif

that is really good news. been playing with slx or ecs lately. will add ffn into the list as well.

will wait for sept 14

pistols.gif

this is a new video

the crew can repair tank's wheel.and the gunner will keep inside while others repair the tank.

this is a new video

the crew can repair tank's wheel.and the gunner will keep inside while others repair the tank.

huzzah, those are the two smartest ninjas ever. rofl.gif

Looking fantastic, i don't think anyone expected something ike this for ArmA!!! Surpasing ArmA 2 AI i think... we'll just have to see smile_o.gif

this is a new video

notworthy.gif

Is there anything new for vehicle combat AI, like better tactics? Or maybe you're thinking about for another version?

the vehicle combat AI is depend on their crews like what I show in this video.

I'll release this 0.81 version in 9.14th 2008,after 1 or 2 months' pubic test a 0.82 version with bug fixed(if the public test find any bug) will be established,then SP/MP missions should on the way

Hmm, how do the AI behave in large groups? And in a player controlled squad, how do they keep formation? Or to word it better, how did you keep them in cover and not jumping back to formation?

I liked it, especiially how you made the QG anim useful xD

but it would be nice if he would stay more in a cover, beign stuck in that "covering my head" anim while in the open...well  crazy_o.gif

I see you incorporated a lot of QG stuff and made it useful . planning for making more of this ideas ? wink_o.gif

err.. so this means it will require QG??? then I need to order it soon.

It's just that I feel it might be better to buy ARMA2 than QG, but since ARMA2 will be out next year... so what the heck

pistols.gif

no,it doesn't require QG,I just use some of the animations,and I've put those animation files into my addon already.

that was great! look forward to release.

i presume if wanting to use these neat AI additions the client and server would both need to be running FFN?

err.. so this means it will require QG??? then I need to order it soon.

It's just that I feel it might be better to buy ARMA2 than QG, but since ARMA2 will be out next year... so what the heck

pistols.gif

It's good it doesn't require QG for those who don't have it, but I wouldn't base that decision off of A2's current release time frame. With the time and work that is needed to produce games nowadays, it's not improbable to think they may need to push the date again. Hopefully not though.

TR,

I just checked out a few more videos on youtube that I originally missed and the AI looks much improved over vanilla ArmA. I'm not sure how the hell you did it, but it's gonna be a game changer for me. It's fantastic to see the AI actually does more then get themselves killed. thumbs-up.gifpistols.gif

yes,the client and server both need to be running with FFN if you want the whole thing work.the first reason is most back ground scripts only run in the server to lower the lag.and also some new weapons require the addons.

here is the support system

once you place the support artillery or gunship they'll automaticly setup a position (you can see ammocreates and heilHs nearby).AI squad'll automaticly call them if they meet enemy armor or large number of troopers.Of course there are some ways to anti your support,the mobile artillery rader(use the MHQ model) can detect enemy artillery if he find incoming shell in his range then he'll order his artillery to counter attack.

same way,SAM is the key to hold enemy air support off.

We can teke enemy as prisoner,in default milita units will surremder when taken heavy lost.but we can also take enemy woundeds as prisoner too.the prisoner will join your squad,but once they got a weapon or getin an empty vehicle they may escape.call the support chopper(greensmoke) to take these prisoner back to base.if you dont have the green smoke shell

you can also leave them in the prisoner camp.in my furture MP CTC mode prisoner is also a resource,the more prisoner one side taken the more enemy information they'll known.

so,we can resuce our captives from enemy hand,attack enemy squad leader who holding the prisoner or just find where enemy prisoner camp and destroy it.

the support chopper not only offer the prisoner mangament and wounded mangament but can also reammo your squad

Damn this is exciting. With each video I got more and more interested. After well over a year of work, this thing looks fantastic. Thanks a lot for all the time spent on this. I look forward to the first release.

It's tommowor haaaa  xmas_o.gif

1. So in fact, the "rescue" helicopter will be created during mission and will take the character somewhere else where is he "deletevehicle this?"

2. Will be some of these features(captive, dragging) switchable as "on/off" ? Or you are making big replacement ?

3. I have noticed at Support AI video that MGman used the "gogo" animation. that was damn nice . are AIs using more of this idle animations ?  thumbs-up.gif

the "rescue" helicopter will not take player somewhere it's locked.there will be a replacement for all these features.

Yes,I'm using Fromz's FFAMM 1.5 at last both he and I are chinese.

Wow! This gets better all the time. Apart from all the "big" things you have done, I especially like the wounded guys writhing in pain. Small but realistic touch.

Tony .... this is look simply amazing ! Please keep up the good work.

This will be THE mod to get in 2008.

[TAO] Kremator