Sign in to follow this  
TonyRanger

FFN MOD

Talking about anims:

I saw you have already done the "crouch run", are you also making normal safe stance like from SLX ? it would be useful for pistol-only units smile_o.gif

yes.haven't you seem the beginning of the HCM video?the commander "put his pistol on back"

Is this going to be a total conversion? Like slx.

So you dont have to keep typing in configs. for every unit.

The videos looked very impressive, but the ai clipped through almost every wall. I dont like seeing the ai use the animation were they side stepped. It would look better if they just strafed. I think all the extra features add to gameplay. which great. Nice work. Cant wait to test out any releases.

yes.haven't you seem the beginning of the HCM video?the commander "put his pistol on back"

sorry man, just got back from vacation on germany so I missed a lot of things tounge2.gif

thx for the info and keep it up !

I have been following your mod from the start and gonestly i think this addon will change how we play ArmA. Mandatory addon i think, big multiplayer games such as Domination!, Evolution and Warfare will be greatly changed and will add a lot more realism.. i hope servers will be put up using this mod!

Totally agree with layne_suhr and juliusN. Any timescale on release Tony ?

[TAO] Kremator

I think you're catching up with ArmA 2 rofl.gif

about that catching up with arma 2... the only reason to buy that game would be better AI, that could use artillery and finally act like a team. ive seen the videos and from my humble point of view its gonna be a massive epic d'oh. i would sacrifice all that realistic moon n stars diddlyoes and graphic neatness for a proper soldiers behavior. i played ofp for ages, i didnt mind the poor graphics, cause its gameplay over graphics for me. ArmA graphics still seem more than sufficient for this kind of game. so this mod is a way to go for me. lookin forward to the next release.

I'm on the final testing already,but since there are lost of features here it could be take a little long time.if lucky,I can release it this week,if not,then maybe next week,but won't take long.

Fantastic news Tony. REALLY looking forward to it. Your CQB mission (Clean Sweep II) really does show what is capable from the AI. I hope the AI are even better in the new version.

This addon has the ability to be THE 'must-have' addon so make sure that you test well and it is stable for MP.

Brilliant work !

[TAO] Kremator

about that catching up with arma 2... the only reason to buy that game would be better AI, that could use artillery and finally act like a team. ive seen the videos and from my humble point of view its gonna be a massive epic d'oh. i would sacrifice all that realistic moon n stars diddlyoes and graphic neatness for a proper soldiers behavior. i played ofp for ages, i didnt mind the poor graphics, cause its gameplay over graphics for me. ArmA graphics still seem more than sufficient for this kind of game. so this mod is a way to go for me. lookin forward to the next release.

I absolutely agree with you.

I'd wish modders focus on AI and not so many units, cars, trucks etc etc.

Keep up the fantastic work TonyRanger.

sure,this mod is for my furtune missions.after I release it I'll stay foucs on mission making.however better Ai need triggers and waypoints and some good missions to show off

Can't wait mate wink_o.gif

With the combat support do we (just trying to make it clear to me) have to place the attack chopper or CAS Jet or Artillery peices on the map or is it all automatic like the Medic Evac?

Cheers

you need to place the artillery or gunship on map before you launch the game.

Tony, I have been looking to put TR_OBJ stuff into my mission but I need an expanded list of init commands. Have you got a file with all of them? I think this documentation would be VERY useful to the community.

Thanks in advance.

[TAO] Kremator

I have 3 more videos incoming.

1.Grenade Escape AI

This is more realism grenade escape,once the AI see

the grenade,they'll run away from it at once,but if

the grenade is close enough,one of they may pick it up

and throw it back to the enemy.

2.Grenade Escape PLAYER

the player can also throw the grenade back,just run to

the grenade,then a "Trigged Grenade"will appear in

your hand as a weapon,just use it like handgrenade.but

rememeber,if you hold it or not able to throw it away

in time,you'll make youself killed~

3.Real Combat

this video is run with full FFN config replacement with all AI features enable.I was try to fight with 2 squads (20 soldier) along with default loadout.A M4SD with 4 magazines and 2 flash grenades and 3 charges.Anyway,I've tried half an hour but always failed...The AI use cover,suppress fire and cover each others,and even test fire.it means they'll shoot to my possiable exist location even they don't see me in their crosshair.They suppress me and lank me~ a bit like human players.I'll do try this later,but one thing is clear,in FFN MOD it's much more harder to fight with many enemy by single one player.

LoL !!! rofl.gif

That was hillarious when he threw that grenade back ahahaha  pistols.gif

But I hope it will be dynamic ? You know I don't want situations where all my grenades were thrown back to its user smile_o.gif

also, cant wait for relase, are you guys still testing ?  whistle.gifnotworthy.gif

don't worry,it's dynamicly,the AI only pick the grenade up when close enough,normally they just run away.

yes,I'll testing and fixing,it will be released soon.

I hope that the grenade throwback is very hard hard to do and happens rarely, its a bit unrealistic.

I wonder if there is any accounts of someone trowing back grenades in real life combat?

surely is more realistic than throwing yourself above it and shout Grenadeeee ! biggrin_o.gif