Sign in to follow this  
TonyRanger

FFN MOD

yes,it's even compatible with FFAMM and something else,with a replacement config it compatible with extend_eventhandlers too

Hi all!

ive downloaded the mod and dont know how to make CQB,Artillery,foxholes.... work in mission editor crazy_o.gif

Ive read the readme file but dont know where to put the code for enabling CQB. Pls somone can help me??? its driving me crazy.....

banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

2 NEW VIDEO!

http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=832I0HDLwgY

http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=3x1pDer_-oM

these video Shows how AI automaticly take cover in defense.this abitily actived when AI or player squad hold when no waypoint exsit or at the last waypoint.they can use any object in map as cover,such as rocks trees woods etc.

PS:kase04,YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE FFN MOD REPLACEMENT

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....st=45;&

the way to active this ability is still on test,even I myself haven't made the final descion. I'll try to find a way out

Very impressive TonyRanger, congratulations, right now the AI will never be the same dumbasses then before.

Any news about MP compatibility?. I remember early versions don't work fine in dedicated servers.

I've fixed some problem in MPs,but still need more test.anyway,I would release this version in this month,and hope you guys can help me test more.after that a newer version should be coming in.

Thanks for your answer Tony! Downloading it now biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

And of course thnx for your superbwork! cant wait for the incoming release notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

that FFN Config replacement not enable most effects of FFN MOD0.75,But I'll make another replacement by my own after I release the 0.81

any AI mod is good news for me. ive tried out the replacement and i have to say its very good. im using it combined with group link 3 torn out of SLX mod. i have some questions:

-when AI units take cover and hide behind obstacles, do they also hide behind empty cars, cars/armor wrecks and so on?

-do you plan implementing a crouch run animation into the mod?

-and finally, do you plan to emphasize on the AI in the future?

- yes include the fence sandbags and wrecks etc. but not emtpy car,it's hard to know if someone wants to use it.

- yes,I've made some animation changes in this version too.you can see it from videos

- these AI is just for my future mission or campagan,we need better AI afterall

Excuse me but... is the version showned in youtube a couple of days ago the last one released? If not, the last version of the mod is the one in the first page of this tread?

Incredible mod by the way! This is a huge improvement for sure!

not,the one shown in YouTube is not released yet.It is the 0.81 version and It should be released soon.

two more videos ~~ again,the time of release is on the count down!

1.Fire Support

http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=w_iccAh-iAM

in FFN MOD every kind of smoke have their own use.the white smoke is use for CQC cover.and in this video shows how yellow and red smoke work.The yellow one is Artillery Suppress and the red one is Air Support.unlike most MODs,it's really support from weapons,we need place the cannon and chopper on the map first,then it will automaticly setup a fire base.So the way of pervent enemy fire support is not only kill there FO(Officer/Squad Leader etc.) but also directly destroy their fire base.

2.Medic Support

http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=9JBU6N9laj4

unlike Red/White/Yellow combat smoke,the green smoke is the support one.once actived it in the opne ground HQ will send you a chopper to reman your squad and take the wounded away,this is for realism. every side have single one Support chopper,if AI squad leader call it,you have to wait for next round.fortunately it's all automaticly,no need to place the chopper in mission edtior,just add green smoke shell with you.we can also see some new combat animations and new foxhole features in this video.

Looks sweet! Cant wait to try that smile_o.gif

Btw what soundmod was that? The cobra firing sounded great.

Regards

Alex

Fantastic stuff Tony. As long as everything is XEH compatible I can see this being one of the standard MUST-HAVE mods (like ECS, SLX (bits of it so far!wink_o.gif

Looking forward to getting my hands on it.

[TAO] Kremator

today the BIS submit a news about the High Commander Mode(HCM) of ArmA2.It's very lucky I've just made one for FFN MOD of ArmA too.

here is the video

http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=bT3jbL7nQQQ

like ArmA2,it's also map view.but it's very simple to use.to enable this feature,we only need to place a "Commander" of FFN in map editor.then if player play as him,he can command squads in map (open the map by press "M"),single click on squad icon to select squad and single click on target (enemy icon will apear after be spotted) to send "Move/Attack" order and you can also send "Steath/Guard" orders some way too.

the Commander can directly send fire support and medic support on map,he even able to watch the battlefiled by recon plane

the icon will show squad stauts too,white flash means been selected,red flash means wounded,yellow means ammo low,and black means fuel low.

I will tell you, your mod is starting to look more promising than Arma 2 now smile_o.gif

Tony

I am really excited about this next release. Combined with Mando Bombs the battlefield will be an busy place smile_o.gif

Keep up the good work and release only when ready.

[TAO] Kremator