Sign in to follow this  
TonyRanger

FFN MOD

Tony.... first of all WELL DONE !  A supreme effort that has livened up my missions.

This is the first time that I have seen a T72 survive a rocket attack .... the crew bail out to repair the tank while the commander keeps plugging away at the helicopter with his MG!  Excellent !

Or what about the MI17 that drops a stick of paras that then take cover in the closest house.  Then using Mando Bombs console I drop a BLUFOR stick of paras close and the firefight that ensues was wonderful to behold from high in my reco plane above smile_o.gif

Now I can't confirm or deny about the XEH compatibility but IF FFN MOD doesn't have XEH compatibility could you put it in please ?

Keep up this AMAZING work.

[TAO] Kremator

the problem is that FFN apparently isnt XEH compatible. thats why Rellikki addons, RHS russian units and other dont work, they already have an init eventhandler. the key is to MAKE it XEH compatible. geez

Give him a break mate ! This is probably one of the BEST mods out there. I'm sure in the fullness of time XEH compatibility will come. Of course you could always code it in yourself smile_o.gif

[TAO] Kremator

Quote[/b] ]Give him a break mate ! This is probably one of the BEST mods out there. I'm sure in the fullness of time XEH compatibility will come. Of course you could always code it in yourself

I´m with you this is the best mod in the ai factor.

Congratulations Tony Ranger!!!

have you tested it with mates in Mp?? only to know if it works alone with vanilla in MP...

Thanks guys!!

my only gripe is that i really hoped that the sf units were better than the normal infantry

like make the shooting more accurate and recover faster when stopping suddenly and shooting

sure,SF is more accurate,you can find this out,normal soldier's marksmanship is depend on there skill and rank,but for SF,any SF is accurate.

SF is recover faster 4 times than normal soldier,I mean advance with cover to cover.

it's not SLX compatible because both of us make many animation change,the only result if we compatible is "crsuh"

the same reason to another self-eventhandlered MOD different ammo name,different animation name make cause many problem especaily when you using some also-config-changed adddons

so,if my replacement not work,please see the readme,I write down the scripts list to launch most features

auto find cover and enter building is not work in player squad because I don't want mess player's order.fact as a squad leader,player can order soldier do the same thing by command.

any report from single-FFN-MOD-used in MP mission?

or any report from my 2 demo SP missions?

Well I have now been playing with the FFN MOD now for over 4 hours and I LOVE IT ! I have tried it in SP and MP (hosting) and it seems to be fine, with no real problems. I have checked the arma.rpt and the only thing I can find is spamming of

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Duplicate weapon TR_Throw detected for SoldierWCrew

Addon tr_obj (entry TR_right_logic) not found in the list of active addons.

Addon tr_obj (entry TR_Throw) not found in the list of active addons.

Duplicate weapon TR_Throw detected for SoldierWCrew

Addon tr_obj (entry TR_left_logic) not found in the list of active addons.

The replacement pbo is working well.

What would be good is MORE missions Tony so that we can see the raw power of this mod.

[TAO] Kremator

PS the demo mission 1 vs 20 is HARD smile_o.gif Well done !

Seems you guys had a lovely time with FFN. but not quite for me.

It seems that in my own test mission, a squad of blufor approaching rahmadi from the south with rocks and all, in behaviour combat, they just simply moving from cover to cover and sometimes back and forth but never approaching the waypoint. make them looks a bit of coward. they never reach rahmadi. so thats my only gripe so far. for now i've gone back to slx. maybe i'll try with 'aware' mode next time.

Havent tested MP but SP works fine. I liked a lot having my ass kicked in the "hunt" mission, AI makes a real good job at pinning me down and moving to finish me biggrin_o.gif soft cover is no longer cover lol.

Centipede:

I have seen the same behaviour testing a similar mission, but at the end the squads seem to get organized and start moving towards the town at slowly pace, using cover and going prone, wich makes them a more challenging opponent compared to vanilla "chaaaaaarge" behaviour. They just seem to not like coming too close before the enemy is decimated and prefer to stay at a longer range firefight.

PS

Also noticed that when they get organized and focused some men try to flank enemy positions, wich gave me a nice surprise the first time they did it to me crazy_o.gif 3 opfor came out a hill at my left side with no one having noticed them lol, was pretty funny.

Also tested a 10 digged in foxholes vs 30, with artillery on both sides. At some point I needed to get my men out of the holes and leg it, wich was a bit of a problem at first because they didnt want to get up (we were under HEAVY fire) but a stand up & safe behaviour made them run away fine. So althoug they are a bit difficult to move when pinned you can still move them so not much of a problem. I felt like Cap.Winters in the Carentan assault, yelling at them to move move move biggrin_o.gif

Yep I agree with light_gemini. At first while playing 'Sanitizing Operation'- I noticed some of my squad AI taking a long route which was totally different than any route before. At first I worried they were off in 'tangent AI land' but then they started progressing toward objective points much the same way human players do (or close) using cover. I even spotted an allied AI guy throw smoke when he was under fire than, poof, he was gone. Very nice biggrin_o.gif

Yeah this is great. The only gripe I have is the XEH thing, although it's no big deal for me to add the scripts in the mission editor. I just need to figure out how to the scripts to the DAC spawned units from those zones in my mission.

Other then that, I'm a fan.

I dislike Y axis aiming limite. i can't see my foot .

on a building top , i couldln't fire correctly in street.

hmm...

active addons?hmm,that means they are not signed,I do have sign FFN or TR in OFPEC,just haven't add bisign file to pbo file,I will add after it works fine in MP

is it work fine in MP serverss mode?I mean host a servers then tester join the servers to test

and don't set the waypoint behaviout to "Combat",any another like "aware" should be better,because"Combat" make them always stayin combat mode,even no enemy left.but if in "aware" them will quit the combat mode after all enemy down.

and AI squad do reach their waypoint,just slower,but if no enemy spot they'll advance as normal.

Y axis aiming limite is for the better animation.we don't want our gun model pass through our body model isn't it

I'm now make a small update,which add voice effect to combat(something like SLX,AI shout "fire in the hole" with voice in combat)

Tonyranger , have you removed the dodge movement when hit in this version ? because it doesn't work with any unit , nor TR soldiers either . And a FFN mod without dodge movements is like a garden without flowers  biggrin_o.gif .

Also i think we should be able to kill injured soldiers  , lets leave the moral aspect of the matter to everyone tastes  tounge2.gif

I dislike Y axis aiming limite. i can't see my foot .

on a building top , i couldln't fire correctly in street.

tony please, understand we need full free motion instead esthetism.

if i can't shoot at an enemy from my roof, it's weird.

to william1:

the "dodge movement when hit" is still in my MOD, why can't you see it?they even roll left and right when hit while they stay in open ground.you can't kill wounded soldier,even you are squad leader your squad memeber still not able to do so.because the "Geneva Convention for the amelioration of the condition of the wounded and sick in armed forces in the field",this is the rule!

about XEH:

and I do know how to add the Extend Eventhandler project,but I have some another problem.Those problem isn't script problem but logic problem,for example,I once add the Extend Eventhandler with my infantry,but when I launch my MOD with SLX at same thing,the game crush in a few minutes~beside,even I use SIX blood effect with FFAMM MOD my wounded feature begun to wrong ---- because SIX script make some var change and that var is also key of my script.so I decide disable the Extend Eventhandler in my infantry.but It's still work in vehicle,I'm sure this to you.

to Y limit:

this is the max limit ArmA Soldier's Model should apply.If higher,gun model will pass through body,this is a terrible BUG for a FPS game

to mission editor:

If anyone have problem with add FFN features to another MOD see the FFN readme first,if still have questions,just post here,I thing I can answer.

not tested the dodge movement in prone position (roll left and right) but i've made quite several tests with standing soldiers (tr soldiers and other 3rd parties custom soldiers) and none of them have done the dodge movement when i hit them with a bullet , anyone can confirm this ?

the problem is that FFN apparently isnt XEH compatible. thats why Rellikki addons, RHS russian units and other dont work, they already have an init eventhandler. the key is to MAKE it XEH compatible. geez

Give him a break mate !  This is probably one of the BEST mods out there.  I'm sure in the fullness of time XEH compatibility will come.  Of course you could always code it in yourself smile_o.gif

[TAO] Kremator

lol, this wasnt aimed at tonyranger, this was aimed more on the people complaining all over and over again about that some addons dont work. GEEZ biggrin_o.gif ... and yeah, im gonna make it work myself... GEEZ. biggrin_o.gif ... the thing is, i never like the WHOLE addon (SLX, ECS ... so on) when its released, cause there is always something i dont want. so i dig in here and there and rewrite it to my liking. for me, thats the most fun i get from OFP/Arma.

The only thing that is odd is the wounding system. I shoot a SLAG he goes down (sometimes permanently) the rest fall over injured I shoot them but nothing happens and I end up having to restrain them instead. Heck injured soldiers survived a 40mm grenade and a bomb from a A10! those guys are tough~!

The only thing that is odd is the wounding system. I shoot a SLAG he goes down (sometimes permanently) the rest fall over injured I shoot them but nothing happens and I end up having to restrain them instead. Heck injured soldiers survived a 40mm grenade and a bomb from a A10! those guys are tough~!

id say this problem is in the playmove command. i think when unit is doing playmove, it cant be killed, because that would require a direct transition from that "wiggle on the ground move" to dying animation. its the same with the gesture ("on the horizon monkeys put on their magic hats and stray to the left" biggrin_o.gif) that group leader does, you cant kill him either.

Great fun, this. Seems quite an improvement over vanilla AI, I must say. My gripes include:

- Wounding system oddities (explained by Halochief).

- Using "combat mode" in waypoints essentially put the units into cover for the next 10 or so minutes, not moving. This breaks a few missions.

- The smoke from the smoke 'nades look... tesselated. I'd prefer a matte gray rather than the current system, a la Maddmatt's smoke.

- The "We don't have any xyz support in this mission" should not be displayed if there is no support available, it looks dodge. Instead perhaps a groupchat should only be used if support IS available.

Good work otherwise, found this extending my firefights quite nicely.

I noticed one, Artillery is spelled Atrillery in the "Atrillery support available" message. I seem to be wounding the crap out of the enemy, not really killing much anymore.

This is really cool stuff, though, I'm still messing around with squad sized infantry engagements, haven't really tried throwing gunships and bombers in the mix yet, but I will tomorrow. biggrin_o.gif

Also, this runs SOOOO much smoother than SLX, so thanks for that!

I've already said this is for

"Geneva Convention for the amelioration of the condition of the wounded and sick in Armed Forces in the field"

so your player or player controled unit can't kill wounded or wounded prisoner,there is a "allowdammage false" script work on them.but None-Player Characters are still able to kill those wounded if they wish.

"Geneva Convention" every one in war should follow it.

william1,are you sure you launch the FFN MOD in right way or don't use any other 3rd MOD at same time?

Should I write a script to rewrite the waypoint type "combat"?

ok,I'll fixed the "We don't have any xyz support in this mission"