Sign in to follow this  
opteryx

Sakakah Al Jawf OPEN BETA

I unpboed the original pbo and swapped in the new config.cpp

Repboed it and tried it on my dedicated server but

it still crashes the server upon loading any Sakakah missions :-(

GOL Video of a Sakakah Defend the Village Mission.

lagg in the video, but no lagg ingame

The fps was the units in the area. Because I went out really far where the units was created, my game laggged. Theres loads of units creating at once in the distance.

Map is called Surrounded and made by GOL's very own Matt Rochelle smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I unpboed the original pbo and swapped in the new config.cpp

Same here sad_o.gif

exactly the same for me...

If you're too avaricious to spare a few measly credits of whatever currency relevant to purchase QG, well then I have no sympathy for you. I will make no compromises what so ever to cater for people just because your mummy is being strict on this years allowance.

If in case you do actually have a valid reason (such as not being able to purchase a hardcopy in your local area), well that's regretable, but enough for me to waste unnecessary amounts of time developing two different versions.

End of discussion.

Well, I don't think it is a case of not having money, but rather finding QG not worth spending money on. It is your map and you do what you want, but no need to assume that many people are not buying QG because they are cheap. It is more of the fact that BIS made a unfulfilling expansion.

Then I guess the real question would be: is Sakakah Al Jawf worth the money? smile_o.gif

QG could use this guy's talent and his map will help, but the lack of any good units is what disappoints me the most.

Do not discuss whether QG should or should not be added any further in this thread, I will ignore any comments on the subject. Make another thread and I will discuss it there if you please.

Yes, it's really starting to piss me off this dedi problem, I hope I'll get it sorted by next release although I have no idea where to even start :/

Maybe seeing whats different with Sahrani than your map. What have you done differently?

A way of stopping the map crashing on GOL server is by having only 1 person starting the map. Make everyone disconnects. Lock it before starting the game and then wait until your on the breifing screen before unlocking. If you get to the breifing screen then that means you have done it and shouldn't have any more problems.

It's the initial long load that you need to have everyone disconnect for, any other loading and you should be ok.

As soon as we have more people connect before starting the island initialy, it runs out of memory. What could make it use more memory with more people connecting?

mate i have completly replaced your cpp with one of myself of which i know it should work, but NO result, i doubt if it has to do with the config, havent got a clue on where to look then.

Only thing i wander about is your KEYPOINTS, how did you create them ??

Weird thing mate, really weird.

Later,

Alphons

it can be manythings but as well as allie says about keypoints not being in.hpp as norma ,( ibelieve you had a problem thats why they are in main .cfg)

but also i have these errors in arma.rpt.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">ca\buildings\kasna_new_bez.p3d: house, config class missing

ca\buildings\kasna_new_bez.p3d: house, config class missing

ca\buildings\kasna_sucha.p3d: house, config class missing

No more slot to add connection at Dg48 (9244.3,7940.3)

and also i believe you have infinite terrain or you cropped the blue edge . this is probably least important, but who knows.

p.s i setpos myself to [9244.3,7940.3] i could see a slightly off skew raod piece but that dosent warant the problem , maybe it refers to you can only have so much of something , in a given grid refference. so too many objects in one square perhaps or on that very spot yhere is two many road piece overlapping ?

notworthy.gif great map opteryx

i checked out the northern part of the city mainly and i cant confirm ai pathfinding problems there. the infantry did a great job, and the vehicle uses the roads even after i placed mg positions and plenty of other stuff anywhere.

what i liked alot are the small heap (171 height) inside the city wich gave some place to place tanks nearly hull down. more of them in the outskirts would be highly appreciated.

what really is needed would be some custom objects to give it a more arabic feel. stuff on the marketstands, roadsigns, advertisement, maybe some shops like the arma shops, just retextured to look more arabic.

however great job so far!

Ugh.. I hope the dedicated server thing might be related to overkill on road tiles being placed as objects, this is at least fixed in the next version.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">ca\buildings\kasna_new_bez.p3d: house, config class missing

What the Hell does that mean? crazy_o.gif Have I missed some huge part of something in the config? crazy_o.gif

I did not crop the blue edge so doubt there's any reason to look in that direction.

Allie I believe I made some key points in V3, exported as WRP then pasted the stuff from the hpp into my cpp.

I have no idea if I did it correctly.

-edit-

i checked out the northern part of the city mainly and i cant confirm ai pathfinding problems there. the infantry did a great job, and the vehicle uses the roads even after i placed mg positions and plenty of other stuff anywhere.

Most northern and central areas are being completely restructured, these will be somewhat denser than now, hope that doesn't slaughter AI pathfinding.

what i liked alot are the small heap (171 height) inside the city wich gave some place to place tanks nearly hull down. more of them in the outskirts would be highly appreciated.

Entire height map is replaced now, also now that I've finally figured out how to save it straight from PS an into V3, I think I shall experiment with some interesting ideas.

what really is needed would be some custom objects to give it a more arabic feel. stuff on the marketstands, roadsigns, advertisement, maybe some shops like the arma shops, just retextured to look more arabic.

Hopefully this will happen sooner or later wink_o.gif

-2nd edit-

HERE is a pic of the new city structure, this is still early WIP though. I'm hoping to that a more grid like city structure will make the map more coherent and give a more appealing look.

Quote[/b] ]

Code Sample

What the Hell does that mean? crazy_o.gif Have I missed some huge part of something in the config? crazy_o.gif

the last part i dont know, but it seems that the buildings you have used there, are not configged to be in ca\buildings..blah

it maybe that you have used buildings that are not used by bis or maybe they were from a patch and cofigged to be in misc or some where ?

this could cause a server crash i think .

i will look around to be definite but i tried building cfg and that p3d is not configed "kasna_new_bez.p3d"

p.s

i also added the line

requiredAddons[] = {CAData,CABuildings,CAMisc,CAPlants,CARoads,CARocks};

to config and the error still appeared so i guess there just buildings that were not used by bis ?.

Oh and one final small thing when you use {"desertintro1"} from a small island on a ,infinite island you must be careful of the rule ,which may not apply here but can create bad cpu pressure, this is that when you go beyond a certain point in arma _x,_y,_z , you lose precision and it can cause funny things to happen.better you make your own intro.misson to eliminate this as future problem.

Thanks for the continuing good work Opteryx smile_o.gif

After you finished the map to a standard you are happy with, would it interest you to make a further map tutorial to go with your first one about all the fiddly things you've learned from making Sakakah?

I'm sure there are lots of things that perhaps don't fit into a structured how-to that could do with being made public in this way. Stuff like getting the height map from PS into V3 that you mentioned, for example. And all the config stuff that you're about to learn wink_o.gif

the last part i dont know, but it seems that the buildings you have used there, are not configged to be in ca\buildings..blah

it maybe that you have used buildings that are not used by bis or maybe they were from a patch and cofigged to be in misc or some where ? this could cause a server crash i think.

Well I have used some ruins which I think belong to OFP, really hope I don't have to remove those.

i will look around to be definite but i tried building cfg and that p3d is not configed "kasna_new_bez.p3d"

kasna_new_bez is apparently a fountain, I'm pretty sure it's an OFP object after looking at it (no specular/normal map)

HERE is a mugshot of the perpetrator, it's a real shame if I have to remove it. confused_o.gif

p.s i also added the line

requiredAddons[] = {CAData,CABuildings,CAMisc,CAPlants,CARoads,CARocks};

to config and the error still appeared so i guess there just buildings that were not used by bis ?.

Nope.

Oh and one final small thing when you use {"desertintro1"} from a small island on a ,infinite island you must be careful of the rule ,which may not apply here but can create bad cpu pressure, this is that when you go beyond a certain point in arma _x,_y,_z , you lose precision and it can cause funny things to happen.better you make your own intro.misson to eliminate this as future problem.

Can I just completely skip this part and just remove it? Or do I need some kind of intro mission?

Thanks for the help OFP2, it's greatly appreciated. Maybe I should make a thread in the Visitor forum to see if we can get to the bottom of this?

Thanks for the continuing good work Opteryx smile_o.gif

After you finished the map to a standard you are happy with, would it interest you to make a further map tutorial to go with your first one about all the fiddly things you've learned from making Sakakah?

Gah.. I was hoping someone else would do that sad_o.gif If do get the time in the future though, I might consider filling in the blanks.
I'm sure there are lots of things that perhaps don't fit into a structured how-to that could do with being made public in this way. Stuff like getting the height map from PS into V3 that you mentioned, for example. And all the config stuff that you're about to learn wink_o.gif

Hehe I don't know, we'll see..

Can I just completely skip this part and just remove it? Or do I need some kind of intro mission?

Skip it, you dont need it to have the island functional. Personally I prefer island without intros. It can be fun and beautiful to watch them, but in the end I dont spend much time in the menues and the intro-loading takes away "precious" time.

Quote[/b] ]Well I have used some ruins which I think belong to OFP, really hope I don't have to remove those.

Quote (ofp2 @ Oct. 25 2007,22:55)

kasna_new_bez is apparently a fountain, I'm pretty sure it's an OFP object after looking at it (no specular/normal map)

a quik fix/ trouble shoot would be to make a folder called ba and hex edit ,ca\buidings\kasna_new_bez.p3d and make it ba\buidlings\kasna_new_bez.p3d along with the others i posted on previous page, see if that stops the server crashing.

Oh and most importantly make a small config for them smile_o.gif

maybe im completly wrong, but if this model isnt configured, why do we see the blue fountain ingame in the mapview/editorview?? shouldnt it be invisible then?

you can simply make a model appear by directing engine to the model and the textures appear through the p3d path , but what will the engine do when it is hit or when something happens ?

i hear what you say that normaly it will say no missing.cfg error in this case .but it is appearing in arma.rpt and not as hint on screen which is strange but not unusual in arma .

Just want to continue the thanks about your hard work your putting into this map. When a problem pops up, its hard to find an easy solution, especially as the tools are new, new errors and problems so you probably won't find anything from OFP. Since these tools are unique you won't find anything anywhere on the web. I would have given up the day after the problems had been found lol.

Once again thanks, and good luck with finding the problem wink_o.gif If only I could be more useful *sigh sad_o.gif*

@ofp2

im fully aware of the model and the textures applied to the model. but the map icon (blue fountain) has nothing to do with the p3d. the path to the map icon is defined in the config with

icon = "\AnyAddon\AnyPAA(.paa)";

i have blue fountains when i play a mission and open the map.

why?

Do you have them aswell?

im at work and cant test wich fountain i got shown on map.

maybe its a completly different one. maybe its cause i have them configured cause i use the editorupdate. only 1 hour left then i will check it.

EDIT: Ok, the mapsymbol is part of the model, named property map fountain. my error. would have been to easy

From dedicated server log , running only your island mod , anewmission is just a simple test mission on your island

=====================================================================

== F:\ArmA\ArmA_Server.exe

=====================================================================

Exe version: Wed Oct 03 20:40:58 2007

Item STR_LIB_HILUX listed twice

Updating base class ->Default, by ca\anims\characters\config.bin/CfgMovesBasic/DefaultDie/

Updating base class ->Default, by ca\anims\characters\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/Crew/

Updating base class ->MGunCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/MGun/

Applying controller scheme Default

File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Sara\description.ext, line 6: '.onloadmission': Missing ';' at the end of line

Mission co40 ParaJump 1.2v(respawn).Sara: Missing 'description.ext::Header'

File dlgRscRTSMenus.hpp, line 39: '/RscStatList.idc': Missing ';' at the end of line

File dlgRscRTSMenus.hpp, line 54: '/RscQueueList.idc': Missing ';' at the end of line

File dlgRscRTSMenus.hpp, line 79: '/RscLabelVclQueue.idc': Missing ';' at the end of line

File dlgRscRTSMenus.hpp, line 95: '/RscButtonVclQueue.idc': Missing ';' at the end of line

File dlgRscRTSMenus.hpp, line 107: '/RscLabelAirQueue.idc': Missing ';' at the end of line

File dlgRscRTSMenus.hpp, line 123: '/RscButtonAirQueue.idc': Missing ';' at the end of line

File dlgRscRTSMenus.hpp, line 136: '/RscLabelSldQueue.idc': Missing ';' at the end of line

File dlgRscRTSMenus.hpp, line 152: '/RscButtonSldQueue.idc': Missing ';' at the end of line

File dlgRscRTSMenus.hpp, line 563: '/DlgBuild/controls/LIST_GROUP.idc': Missing ';' at the end of line

File dlgRscHelp.hpp, line 57: '/DlgHelpMenu/controls/List_Help.idc': Missing ';' at the end of line

File dlgRscRTSMenus.hpp, line 39: '/RscStatList.idc': Missing ';' at the end of line

File dlgRscRTSMenus.hpp, line 54: '/RscQueueList.idc': Missing ';' at the end of line

File dlgRscRTSMenus.hpp, line 79: '/RscLabelVclQueue.idc': Missing ';' at the end of line

File dlgRscRTSMenus.hpp, line 95: '/RscButtonVclQueue.idc': Missing ';' at the end of line

File dlgRscRTSMenus.hpp, line 107: '/RscLabelAirQueue.idc': Missing ';' at the end of line

File dlgRscRTSMenus.hpp, line 123: '/RscButtonAirQueue.idc': Missing ';' at the end of line

File dlgRscRTSMenus.hpp, line 136: '/RscLabelSldQueue.idc': Missing ';' at the end of line

File dlgRscRTSMenus.hpp, line 152: '/RscButtonSldQueue.idc': Missing ';' at the end of line

File dlgRscRTSMenus.hpp, line 563: '/DlgBuild/controls/LIST_GROUP.idc': Missing ';' at the end of line

File dlgRscHelp.hpp, line 57: '/DlgHelpMenu/controls/List_Help.idc': Missing ';' at the end of line

File description.ext, line 4: '.onLoadMission': Missing ';' at the end of line

File description.ext, line 1: '.onloadintro': Missing ';' at the end of line

File description.ext, line 2: '.onloadmission': Missing ';' at the end of line

File description.ext, line 2: '.onLoadIntroTime': Missing ';' at the end of line

File description.ext, line 4: '.respawn': Missing ';' at the end of line

File description.ext, line 4: '.respawndelay': Missing ';' at the end of line

File description.ext, line 3: '.onloadintro': Missing ';' at the end of line

File description.ext, line 6: '.onloadmission': Missing ';' at the end of line

File description.ext, line 6: '.onLoadmissionTime': Missing ';' at the end of line

File description.ext, line 9: '.debriefing': Missing ';' at the end of line

File description.ext, line 12: '.showWatch': Missing ';' at the end of line

File description.ext, line 15: '.showCompass': Missing ';' at the end of line

File description.ext, line 18: '.showNotepad': Missing ';' at the end of line

File description.ext, line 21: '.showGPS': Missing ';' at the end of line

File description.ext, line 24: '.showMap': Missing ';' at the end of line

File description.ext, line 27: '.onLoadIntroTime': Missing ';' at the end of line

File description.ext, line 1: '.respawn': Missing ';' at the end of line

File description.ext, line 1: '.respawndelay': Missing ';' at the end of line

File description.ext, line 4: '.onLoadMission': Missing ';' at the end of line

File description.ext, line 3: '.DisabledAI': Missing ';' at the end of line

File description.ext, line 8: '.titleParam1': Missing ';' at the end of line

File description.ext, line 1: '.respawn': Missing ';' at the end of line

File description.ext, line 1: '.respawndelay': Missing ';' at the end of line

File Dialogs\RecruitSoldierDialog.hpp, line 32: '/RAI9_RecruitSoldierDialog/RAI9_Background.h': Missing ';' at the end of line

File Dialogs\RecruitSoldierDialog.hpp, line 41: '/RAI9_RecruitSoldierDialog/RAI9_Frame.h': Missing ';' at the end of line

MPMissions\MP21_C&H_60.Porto: string @STR_MP_M21n01 cannot be localized client-side - move to global stringtable

MPMissions\MP22_Coop_6.Porto: string @STR_Mission_Name cannot be localized client-side - move to global stringtable

File dlgRscRTSMenus.hpp, line 536: '/DlgBuild/controls/LIST_GROUP.idc': Missing ';' at the end of line

Mission anewmission.Sakakah: Missing 'description.ext::Header'

Unrecognized texture type '.png': 'sakakah\data\layers\m_000_042_lco.png'

the .png file errors keeps going for 4mb of error ( lots )

Maybe this well help debug your island and why it dies on dedi server

maybe its the server rpt file itself causing the memory error cause it gets bigger then it should get.

a similar one you get with vanilla arma, dont think its a big problem.