xeno

co30 Domination! One Team

Search for

d_vehicle_numbers_

in init.sqf and change the values there.

There are a lot of things that can be changed in init.sqf. Just read through it (I know, it's a 90K file).

I guess your problems concerning missing boxes, etc, are gone ?

Xeno

box are gone , and status menu (with grass / VD/ team status) are gone.

something i don't understand is why i can't grab javelin from dropped ammobox. sometime, i can't even find stinger. tested on 3.23 west AI.

Is it an inventory restriction evo's like ?

You ARE running this on a dedicated server and not hosting the mission right?

Xeno stated a few pages back that it has to be run on a dedicated and not hosted on the game machine.

I haven't had any problems except the Javelin & Stingers randomnization making them sporadic when getting from an ammo box. I think Xeno coded it this way hoping it would force people to work as a team more rather than everyone having a stinger to take down the choppers.

Xeno must say great mission you have done

i see a nice thing in this (i am a PvsP player)

is there any way for a Domination PvsP NO AI

like West vs East(ACE) maby a mission Template

wink_o.gif

You ARE running this on a dedicated server and not hosting the mission right?

Xeno stated a few pages back that it has to be run on a dedicated and not hosted on the game machine.

I haven't had any problems except the Javelin & Stingers randomnization making them sporadic when getting from an ammo box. I think Xeno coded it this way hoping it would force people to work as a team more rather than everyone having a stinger to take down the choppers.

we are running it on dedicated 1.15. 2 attempt on 2 different box.

I had some weird problems with the ACE 1.01 update.

Turns out, my provider had gotten a borked download of the update.

Have you tried updating your server files with an ace download from another source?

Also, are you using any other addons? If so, how odes it run with just beta;@ACE in the mod line?

As you are the only one who reports this problem...

What's your server mod line ? Did you add the beta folder on the server too (-mod=@ACE;beta...) ?

I've played 3.26 quite often now and so far no problems at all (except for some things that could be improved, but that's another story smile_o.gif), even the server rpt stays clean (amazing smile_o.gif)

Edit: Like -Total- wrote, what other addons do you use ?

@morganlovgren

There's no PvP version without AI. I started with such a version last year but never finished it. I have also a West version with a small opposing east player force somewhere on my disk but that didn't make it to final too.

Xeno

As you are the only one who reports this problem...

What's your server mod line ? Did you add the beta folder on the server too (-mod=@ACE;beta...) ?

Xeno

i missed something with my launcher. beta wasn't used.

thanks wink_o.gif

Xeno if you gave us a 2 team Domination EAST WEST

maby one no mod version, and one (ACE)

then we can make the ai teams (soldiers tanks less)

then we get a (semi coop PvsP) can be nice:)

i guess it gives you some work

its all up to you Xeno(i take anything EAST WEST Domination

keep up the good work Xeno

And an A.C.E. update again...

Domination! A.C.E. version 3.27 available

Changelog:

- added support for the new weapon on back feature introduced in 1.04, if the player respawns he doesn't loose the weapon on back

- added KA52

- replaced all SoldierESaboteur* with A.C.E. Spetznas units

- some small bugfixes

This is only the A.C.E. version, you need A.C.E. 1.04.

Download

Domination! 3.27 A.C.E

Enjoy!

Xeno

Once again thank you very much Xeno.

Kudos for you. notworthy.gif

ok so i HALOed on to the littel island in the south west to kill the dplomat today.... fine i killed him....

now how to i get back to base without respawning......

Xeno please add a pick up script that sends a designated rescue chopper or a MH6 to pick up the player and returns him to said "H" at the airbase....

also sucks to be a pilot who gets shot down but ejects.....

lots of walking to do............

A small bug detected in 3.27ACE: cannot pick any ammo from ammo crate created as a first one at MHQ. If somebody creates another one, then its OK.

A small bug detected in 3.27ACE: cannot pick any ammo from ammo crate created as a first one at MHQ. If somebody creates  another one, then its OK.

We have found this ocasionally,but not just in Domination!

We usually find you have to face the crate from a certain direction. huh.gif

Something odd going on with my mod version of Domination. Whenever our artillery is used (AI artillery does not cause this), the server seems to "hang". Even flare artillery causes this, although similar AI flare arty does not do anything bad. Naturally, when testing alone or with one additional player, everything is swell. Usually when the third guy logs in, this starts to happen. AI runnning on the spot, #monitor reporting 0FPS on the server. Everyone seems to have lost contact with the server although it appears to be fine. Sometimes we get shown desync, other times not. When one guy logs out, we usually (but not always) eventually get back into contact with the server. Artillery shells *now* starts landing.

What is causing this, too much script/ai workload on the server, script looping errors, connection problems, memory issues, server setup parameters? What is the typical culprit to cause such symptoms?

I'm sorry, I just haven't got the troubleshooting background to figure out this one on my own. Since it isn't released (don't think it will ever happen either smile_o.gif), I don't know how 'good' server handles the mission. None in my clan has very good network/gameserver setup knowlegde, pretty much went with the defaults for an old gamers rig.

Any ideas anyone?

--

Edit: I've noticed with ACE running, the 'reveal' that takes place can take a very long time. I.e. after teleporting, it can take a minute or two before the 'get in' and 'teleport' actions are given to the player. The same would happen for ammocrate, the action is very much delayed. Never had the delay be this long before ACE. Just something to get used to I guess.

Couple of things guys?

1.Now i know ive read it here somewhere but buggered if i can find it now?

Where is the part to adjust the amount of armour at each town/target?

2.Ive ported a version to the FDF Podaga Island,as you know its smaller than Sahrani so i dont need so many side missions.

Is it just a case of deleting out ones that i dont need?

Thanks

ck

God dammit!

I'm damn usless sober! I must have checked back 20 pages cause i knew i seen it!

Cider on board and i spot the armour issue on the page before!  rofl.gif

Hi Xeno, great mission m8. The ACE version is fantastic and really showcases the MOD.

I have a couple of questions:-

1. Have you had any reports or has anyone experienced, seemingly random deaths while flying aircraft?

At first i though this might have been related to the choppers while carrying underslung cargo (colliding). But tonight, i was providing CAS in an A10. Now before anyone says, shot down clipped a tree or something biggrin_o.gif let me just explain. I play with a view distance of at least 5km when providing CAS. I do not break the 1km barrier for any reason. Most of the engagement is done from 5/2 km. While i was flying tonight, i ran in on the target fired then egressed. When i was about 5/6 km away from the target my player was just killed. This resulted in my A10 crashing into the sea.

Which brings me onto my next point.

2. Would it be possible to implement some kind of respawn for bonus vehicles if they crash (or are dropped) into the sea?

Aswell as the random death bug i mentioned, it would be very helpful to help overcome public idiots who come into your server then proceed to take all the aircraft you have earned and crash them into the sea making them useless for the rest of the mission.

I would appreciate your input on this matter.

Thankyou in advance.

it would be very helpful to help overcome public idiots who come into your server then proceed to take all the aircraft you have earned and crash them into the sea making them useless for the rest of the mission.

One of the warfare versions has a locking system.

When you buy say a M1A1 it is locked,the only person that can unlock it is the player that bought it and it can be locked again.

Not sure if that could be implemented somehow?

Back to my problem:-

I've tried deleting out un-needed side missions but its chucking up errors?

Could i just comment them out?

ck

Xeno please add a pick up script that sends a designated rescue chopper or a MH6 to pick up the player and returns him to said "H" at the airbase....

As I allready wrote, I will not release new versions (with new features). The only thing that might happen is a bugfix release inlcuding all versions, maybe.

What I'm definately not going to do is another A.C.E. version.

A small bug detected in 3.27ACE: cannot pick any ammo from ammo crate created as a first one at MHQ. If somebody creates  another one, then its OK.

I'm aware of that. I can't say if it is A.C.E. related or not (haven't tested it with a normal version yet where it does not happen).

What is causing this, too much script/ai workload on the server, script looping errors, connection problems, memory issues, server setup parameters? What is the typical culprit to cause such symptoms?

Does this happen with my artillery code or with your custom made artillery ?

Just curious, never had any problems with arti.

1. Have you had any reports or has anyone experienced, seemingly random deaths while flying aircraft?

A.C.E. ?

Maybe you got wounded and died because of bleeding.

2.  Would it be possible to implement some kind of respawn for bonus vehicles if they crash (or are dropped) into the sea?  

Take the wreck lift chopper and recover it smile_o.gif

I've tried deleting out un-needed side missions but its chucking up errors?

You have to make sure that the number and index of sidemissions in sm_positions (init.sqf) is equal with the sidemissions in x_scripts\x_getsidemission.sqf and x_scripts\x_getsidemission_client.sqf.

Indices have to be exactly the same.

Next project will have some kind of pluggable concept where you just have to put a new mission file in a folder.

Xeno

Hey Xeno, as far as i know i wasn't bleeding. I literally joined the server, took the A10 up then it happened. As i stated previously, i hadn't taken any fire at all.

As for the wrecks in the sea, i have tried on multiple occasions to recover wrecks that are in the sea. But do not get any option to lift wreck using the chinook. I even had an A10 crash near the beach (i could see it under the water) but could not lift it.

Can anyone confirm that lifting wrecks from the sea actually works?

Cheers.

I can't confrm the wrecks at sea, but I can back up the random dying. I don't think it is anything Domination specifically, because it has happened on other missions. I would be sitting in an OH6 and next thing I know I am dead in the seat. Nothing nearby at all. I just chalked it up to lag or something on the client/server getting out of sync.

Hey Xeno, as far as i know i wasn't bleeding.

Hm, at least I can say that there are no scripts running (or whatever) in Domination that can cause such a behaviour.

As for the wrecks in the sea, i have tried on multiple occasions to recover wrecks that are in the sea.  But do not get any option to lift wreck using the chinook.  I even had an A10 crash near the beach (i could see it under the water) but could not lift it.

Oh, A10. Had that once with the A.C.E. A10. It was lying upside down but not in the water.

Could only lift the wreck by allmost touching it with the wreck lift chopper (the wreck lift chopper is able to pick up wrecks that are up to 50 m under the chopper).

Xeno