Sign in to follow this  
Shadow NX

Russian Federation Units V.2.00

If it's already possible to import stuff from S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (at least RobertHammer was able to obtain one model of RPG-7) then it won't be too hard to find some good models of Abakan & Groza, as well as SVD-Y... But don't you think that AEK971 will be a better option than Abakan? Hardly any recoil, even when firing full-auto!

Bullpup SVD with auto would be very nice!

About VSS/Val and its ammo: it has way too much power. I tested it in the target range mission, and i was able to kill a soldier at 1 km with just 1 bullet. It's hard to imagine hitting and killing a man from 1 km with subsonic ammo. I depbo'ed the RHS_Mag file and looked at the config. Turns out initSpeed for 9x39 magazines is set to 650 m/s instead of 290 m/s according to open sources. So here is another fix, Shadow smile_o.gif

Edit:

I investigated VSS further and found another little thing. VSS (and Val) was given an incredibly small dispersion value of 0.0002 radians which we should divide by 2 to get the real value (0.0001 radians) (NonWonderDog discovered this Arma peculiarity when making his mod). 0.0001 radians roughly equals 0.34 MOA or about 1cm/100 meters. The sources i found suggest 12cm dispersion at 100 meters. Thus the dispersion value must be (from my calculations) 12 times higher amounting to 0.00240. AS Val value should be slightly higher since it's not using special sniper ammo.

After i modified the configs VSS became what it was supposed to be: a silenced sniper rifle with maximum effective range of 300-400 meters. Hope this helps smile_o.gif

Thanks, I know about this but haven't got around to sorting it out. Well you made the job a bit easier. I'll fix it and send the fixed config to Shadow NX.

Great to see that the team continues improvements; also very happy to see that the spetsnaz will make an appearance. Question about the models though. Are you using the model from Queens Gambit since it has most of the features already desired, or is it brand new meaning you found a way around the model bug? Also i agree that the questions about release date should stop, they will update us when they have new info. Again i also agree they will never stop, but if no one ever says it then those doing so dont even know they are doing something wrong. Im happy to see the community help along with the development with weapons ideas and weapon configuration help. Good luck on the future releases. And my personal requests for V3 are Alfa squad members, OC-14, and some new vehicles i.e. T-90 and such.

Maybe in next update we get new partisan units with weapons too?

Hopefully they will make 2-3 new vehicles like BMP3, Smerch (MRLS) and Tunguska. xmas_o.gif

Maybe in next update we get new partisan units with weapons too?

Hopefully they will make 2-3 new vehicles like BMP3, Smerch (MRLS) and Tunguska. xmas_o.gif

Current partisan models look great packing AKMs from RHS.

I'd also suggest changing AS Val zero from 300 meters to, say, 50/100 meters. The steep trajectory of the bullet makes firing the weapon zeroed to 300 meters at short ranges very hard. To hit the torso/head at 15 meters you have to aim at feet lol biggrin_o.gif

Another bug i found is 1P29 has too little magnification. It must have the same magnification as PSO-1 (4X). Yes it will have a narrower FOV (6* instead of 8*) but i believe right magnification is a bit more important.

A short note to everyone that wrote me a PM last days, if it was important please re-send cause i accidently deleted my complete inbox sad_o.gif

One more thing - it'd be nice to see a parallaxed Kobra scope, so the reticle points where the bullet lands, from all angles. Right now it's just a chevron on a texture...

...though I don't know exactly how to do it myself. Refer to SLX's demo Aimpoint (and I think SWMod has it too in their scopes).

Heres somethign where id like to hear opinions of you the users, i received few days ago:

---

Hi Shadow,

I'm staff member of an ArmA PvP league, European Combat League. ECL are one of the few dedicated ArmA PvP leagues in existence, with around 25 active teams from Europe. We are planning to bring out an addon pack soon, to enhance game play. One of the likely candidates is the RHS RF v2.0 (a masterpiece as far as I'm concerned).

One of the issues we're facing is addon signatures. I'm assuming RHS will be signing their addons, but I'm seeking permission to basically re-sign (and thus repack) your addons. The main reasons for ECL wanting to re-sign the addons, is because we have several addons (from several addon makers) selected, and we'd like to minimise the number of keys server admins need to install for the ECL addon pack. Furthermore we'd like to keep control of which addons are in use for the ECL pack (otherwise any version of any signed RHS addon could be included by players, because the key would be available and valid).

We would have to rename the addons, to prevent mixups between the original addons and the repacked ones. E.g. RHS_Weap.pbo would be renamed to EUCL_RHS_Weap.pbo. We will of course give full credit to RHS for the addons, the way it's supposed to be!

Could you please consider granting permission for addon re-signing for ECL?

If you need further information, please let me know.

Thank you in advance,

Best regards,

---

So whats the opnion on it, personally im not sure if i like the idea of same packs with different signatures.

So whats the opnion on it, personally im not sure if i like the idea of same packs with different signatures.

The way you wrote that makes it look like RHS will sign the addons? Right now they arent. Or are you meaning the "tags" (RHS and ECL)?

So if ECL wants to make them signed, whats the harm? I understand they need to do that to make sure everyone are using the same addon and noone have altered it (cheating).

But if you will sign your addons then its no reason to have two versions (will you sign them?)

Sure we will sign ours aswell later but as we released before the tool was availeable we hardly could.

ECL plans to re tag and sign them with their own signatures.

Yes, I understand that they have to re-tag your addons to make people know which one are signed and not.

In MY opinion thats ok because they will use it in their league and needs your addons to be signed. And your tags are still there so its not like they are "stealing" your addons.

But its your decision smile_o.gif

Personally i think that since its all freeware, and you guys obviously made it for the fun and enjoyment of all, that as long as the whole world knows its yours why does it matter if they re sign it? Allowing them to use your stuff will advance a league of mature players (WHAT WE NEED MORE OF!wink_o.gif and help fight cheaters. Unfortunately this signing thing has apparently been defeated, but it will get rid of the less able cheaters out there. I believe completely in these leagues; since most clans have fallen into childish anarchy, these are the few organized people left out there who wish to add to the arma enviroment with elemets like Role playing and induced realism. Now its very possible i could be missing some part of the problem with allowing this to happen, and if i am im sorry. You asked for my opinion and there it is, right or wrong.

its aspecial mp clan league server, imo just let them sign them, i think people understands the whole addons customized for servers part. wink_o.gif

besides anything to fight them cheaters is good.

Sorry to ask, but any report/fix regarding the 'flying-hoovering' jeeps caused by the vehicle replacement pack?

I like the retextures on them (well T72, BRDM etc) very nice, but sadly the pack can't be used due to the flying jeeps bug...

Would be nice to hear if you guys found out what is the problem.

If not, no biggy...was just wondering.

well how come this bug didnt show up with me, i read that ther's a bug about some flying jeeps, but the jeeps work just fine, lucky me i guess:P

for me the bug is only in mp and doesnt always occur, blown up jeeps do not float. But ones being driven 95% of the time float. i cant imagine what causes this my best guess would be a part of the model is as long as the jeep floats above it, causing it to ride upon that long piece. Or it has a set value as the ground for it to ride on.

first of all I want to thank you for such good work! very nice addons, great units. Little question, don't u ever think about adding "telnjashka" - special marine/vdv t-shirt ( blue-white strips ) ? I think this will improve of the general view of VDV addons smile_o.gif Once again, great units man!

http://www.f-tk.ru/i/14583.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/171/401983305_df7d947993_m.jpg

When we have units that wear no vests then yes but as this isnt the case i wouldnt know where to add them.

Hey Guy's,

I'm doing some stuff in the config and with the default ArmA East unit's everything works well?

If i use the RHS units it seems to not work any longer.

I'm using

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

If (_a isKindOf "Man") then {[_a] execVM "Test.sqf};

I also tryed with:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

If (_a isKindOf "SoldierEB") then {[_a] execVM "Test.sqf};

But like i sad with the default ArmA East unit's everything works good.

Help! Help! Textures gone array!!

Everything was working fine but today the textures went crazy. It seems to depend on the detail, if I lower texture detail to low they don't look mmessed up, also as the units are farther the effect goes away. SLA and other textures are normal, only the RFU seems affected.

helpbg9.th.jpg

Pretty weird and i have no clue what could cause this, is it maybe connected to a problem with your card and the normals?

Maybe check if you got the latest gfx drivers.

Any Replacement pack for the units as i cant find one, just the weapons.  smile_o.gif

Doh, nevermind found it in the pack.. Awesome Stuff.

Pretty weird and i have no clue what could cause this, is it maybe connected to a problem with your card and the normals?

Maybe check if you got the latest gfx drivers.

Maybe it is some problem with the normals, also note it doesn't seem to affect the helmet textures. I do have the latest drivers unless they released new ones in sept, but I don't think it's the drivers. I'll do some more troubleshooting.