Sign in to follow this  
Shadow NX

Russian Federation Units V.2.00

Victor Suvorov is a liar. Deserter, that writing about fictious things. And personally I wouldn't point at Suvorov as it isn't a serious source.

Some bugs here:

arma2007091801205210ux2.jpg

arma2007091721071046kl6.th.jpgarma2007091721071882lr8.th.jpg

Low poly muzzle brake(a sort of what needs to be improved asap)...

arma2007091721075290ji2.th.jpg

Victor Suvorov is a liar. Deserter, that writing about fictious things. And personally I wouldn't point at Suvorov as it isn't a serious source.

Did i say hes credible... i said read his books intro for a few funyn sentences about shovels and russians.

Even if the rest was pure nonsense then the shovel part still makes sense.

Just to add i didnt even finish the book.

But once again i fell into the not russian = no idea about anything trap tounge2.gif

---

About the bugs, ok the camo on boots really is new to me, i guess only one vsr set has it and i guess i already know why.

About the weaps, well these "bugs" can be fixed but arent ony my priority list, seriously, maybe we both play the game different but i never notice such things like low poly muzzlebrake cause thats are things you not actually notice untill you begin to zoom a camera on the thing as close as you can and search.

I will add that on the list but as long as it doesnt affect playing its low priority.

---

Btw, you use the release version or the version i sent you few days earlier?

The Launcher looks like it has still the leafs on it, the final however has camo splats.

---

New fixlist:

Here a current ( not very sorted list ) of things to do:

- Add fixed replacement files - done

- Add MP compatible replacement - done

- Fix mixup in naming in the Vehicle .pbo ( Repair / Rearm ) - done

- AWM error "No Entry: 'bin\config.bin/CfgRecoils.Ska_RiffleRecoil'" - done

- Make weapon compatible to 6th sense tracers - done

- Check V-94 recoil and ballistics - not done

- Check AS Val and VSS sounds ( More loud mechanism than firing sound ) - not done, waiting on NSXs word

- Add readme line about disposeable launchers on other units - not done

- Ammo for Ak-103 and AKS-74(p) are mixed in the readme - done

- Add weight effect to weapons - not done

- Check Pso scope textures - not done

- Check AK-74 type muzzlebrakes - not done

- Fix vsr camo on soldiers boots - not checked yet

- Fix RPK muzzle velocity? (960 m/s instead of 900 - not done

- Add Laser to the credits for the SVD model - done

These are not my screens, mate. And this launcher doesn't have any leafs as far as I can see.

Quote[/b] ]Btw, atm im bit unsure if there really is a demand for a V.3.00 so my enthusiasm is kinda low.

Sorry to say so, but you seem to have a rather shifted view off reality. ;-)

There's definitely demand for a new version! This one is already awesome, and we're enthusiasticaly downloading.

Quote[/b] ]Ok another question, what you guys think about the balance vs BIS weapon?

Had a discussion with some german modder who nagged our values and how we break the games balance just because we aimed for realism.

I already tried to change V1 weapons to NWD ballistic values for myself. As a weapon addon not using it is underbalanced, and not at all usefull to me.

NWD is one of the absolute must have addons, to fix gameplay. You should definitely balance for those. Maybe even include a version of NWD ballistics to the package.

Quote[/b] ]Anything else needs to be added

- NWD rangecards for all ammunitions

- Russian and Soviet Pilots (already mentioned)

- AK103 with Cobra 1P29 however without GP30

- AK74S with PBS3 got droped

- an AKMN with cobra and PBS1 and/or GP30 would be nice

- AKMS with PBS1 and GP30

- AKS 74U

- AKS 74U N (also with silencer, cobra and BS-1 tishina)

- an SMG, maybe silenced

- not directly related but i'm at the right address here: maybe an update of the hind? you seem to have quite good skill at merging textures and downmodeling geometry for lods now.

- static mg, kord, with and without optical sights.

- something noone has done in ArmA or OFP so far: night vision scopes, and incompatibility of NV-goggles with optical sights. If it's possible to check if the player is in sighted mode, it could prolly be done.

Weeelllll... that's a lot of things... but please don't get me wrong, that's in no way meant demanding, just ideas what could be added.

Keep up the excellent work, i mean, keep your enthusiasm to go on with your excellent work.

sdoc, this is more like a wishlist for the third version, rather than a list of things to be included in the fix smile_o.gif

Anyway, Shadow, what do you think of giving the RPK its correct muzzle velocity? (960 m/s instead of 900). I mentioned it here yesterday i believe.

Ok but what i wanted was a V.2.00 buglist and not a wishlist.

Pack is like it is for a reason, for example how often was a AKS-74 with a supressor be seen?

Possibly you can mount one but it seems it isnt used at all and why would they if the got AKMs with these and AS val that both have a better penetration power.

Or AKSU, from what i heard and read its a rather bad weapon with some rather bad nicknames from the users, so as we offer enough weaposn that can fill the gap we didnt seena urge to add it ( yet ).

About the NWD stuff, as far as i can see we did included his values otherwise we wouldnt thank him in the credits.

---

One important thing was forgotten in the readme and i noticed it now that NSX points me to it.

The SVD excluding the PSO sight are Lasers work

Im sorry and can only say that i wrote the readme last minute so i missed that part.

@Q1184

Added it

Quote[/b] ]Ok but what i wanted was a V.2.00 buglist and not a wishlist.

sorry, missunderstood it, the included led me wrong, compared to fixed. i suppose i don't need to delete it however.

i'm a bit ashamed to tell that i haven't found bugs that were not mentioned here already... (and i won't tell how many of those i have not found.)

No need to be ashamed, i guess you are like me if a bug isnt that obvious and doesnt affect playing then i also never find it.

One day, I was just minding my own business, then my friend sent me some video at youtube, nothing intresting, but then I saw a quik-link, at vides what have "been wached now"

I looked intresting, and when I saw video, the moment it stopped, I releazed, that russians ain't evil, as I am an finn and thought so earlier, but russian language sounded nice in vid, and then I started lookin for russian troops for Armed Assault, and then, one day going threw BI forums, looking for something new, I saw "Russian Federation units 1.1" or was it 1.0? nvm. I clicked it and OH MY GODDD!!!! Immeadiatly downloading and when testing it was more OMFG!! Animated slides??!?!?!?!!?? wow_o.gif

¨

playing with it, and was VERY über happy. then news about 2.0, OMFG THESE LOOKED EVEN BETTER!! inlove.gif

then waiten unpatiently for EVER and then it got out! DLing right after school and then I tested units and weapons, for improvements, and when I got to AVP in weapons, and I fired,

i was... wow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gif ... "WTF??? ANIMATED BOLT!?!?!?!?!"

Now that I know you guys are so good at this, I hope I can trust you do some remodels of these too, I dont wanna look at those BIS models forever!

Skaven

Shadow NX

CameronMcDonald

Bionic

NonWonderDog

Tiger

TwinkeMaster

Kenji

SniperSkull

RobertHammer

Totmacher

Rellikki

tpM

Maddmatt

William 1

NSX

FW200 Griffon79 DreDay NoRailgunner

Peter13

--------------

I want to thank you all who helped this addon to born!

I LOVE THIS ADDON!!! inlove.gifinlove.gif

THANK YOU FOR MAKING IT!!! inlove.gif

Finally got to mess around with the AWM.  Beautiful work!  The only thing that I noticed was the shell ejecting before the bolt is opened (like a semi-auto rifle).  Don't know if that's fixable.  

Couple of questions...is the SVDS sniper rifle still in use?  I like the black synthetic stock look of the SVDS.  Would like to see a modern version of SVD or SVDS (black synthetic stock).  Will the Spetsnaz units have more variety of camo (like the Bekas-Tiger, Kamysh camo, or any of the other various camo) than what pics were posted earlier?  

GD Mast

Looks like there are no opened sounds in Alfa Antiterror. I found radio messages, but sounds most likely in game archives.

I'll look into Apeiron's 7.62 - but no promises.

Guest Ti0n3r

Might be a little late, but I just wanted to thank you all for the last few releases. So, thanks a lot RHS xmas_o.gif

Might be a little late, but I just wanted to thank you all for the last few releases. So, thanks a lot RHS xmas_o.gif

Thanks for using our work wink_o.gif

Congratulations for whole crew - awesome work.

Shadow NX - i send to you PM

I just want to say I really appreciate all the work you put into these units. I'm eagerly waiting to see what you guys will bring to ArmA in a future version with new models for LBVs and other gear. Big fan of RHS stuff, and bigger fan of your arma work.

BTW one thing I think would be great for a future release would be to include russian voices for the units, like the ones from ffur(!?) for ofp.

Ok, Steve, got a present for ya - Check this.

I think this will be more than satysfying. wink_o.gif

Some great sounds but some seem weird... either its the recording or the way they edited them.

I have a feeling that were closer soundwise then some of theirs, especially their Ak-74 sounds odd.

Lets see what we can use.

---

Btw, for the camo on boots issue i got a fix here:

Download

how to is in the readme but i guess most know how that works already.

Maybe someone can also translate it to russian and post it on russian forums.

Attention:

We dont give permission to repack and re-release our pbo to others!

Please wait for the full fix if youre not able to unpack and repack the files yourself.

My thanks letter:

C Copyright reserved to Kristian Suominen, Finland!

Will RHS make some russian nice cargo lane, not an antonov but, sometihg small, well antonov 72?

I havn't touched ArmA for over 3 weeks, and I use these units n' weapons and I have seen the light! My hats off to all you RHS guys.

RUSSIA STRONG! biggrin_o.gif

Little Bugreport..

Seems like the VDV Marksman has a Makarov but no magazines.

Maybe evil US soldier stole em'! wow_o.gif

he bullying poor VDV marksman huh.gif

Indeed, he normally shouldnt have a pistol at all.

---

- Add fixed replacement files - done

- Add MP compatible replacement - done

- Fix mixup in naming in the Vehicle .pbo ( Repair / Rearm ) - done

- AWM error "No Entry: 'bin\config.bin/CfgRecoils.Ska_RiffleRecoil'" - done

- Make weapon compatible to 6th sense tracers - done

- Check V-94 recoil and ballistics - not done

- Check AS Val and VSS sounds ( More loud mechanism than firing sound ) - done

- Add readme line about disposeable launchers on other units - not done

- Ammo for Ak-103 and AKS-74(p) are mixed in the readme - done

- Add weight effect to weapons - not done

- Check Pso scope textures - not done

- Check AK-74 type muzzlebrakes - not done

- Fix vsr camo on soldiers boots - not checked yet

- Fix RPK muzzle velocity? (960 m/s instead of 900 - not done

- Add Laser to the credits for the SVD model - done

- Remove Makarov from VDV Marksman - done

- Find out why some helmets still look shiny randomly - not done

Quote[/b] ]not done, waiting on NSXs word

Well, I already sent you everything I could dig. wink_o.gif So it's more like we are waiting for you, mate. tounge2.gif