Sign in to follow this  
HeinBloed

Attach Satchels to vehicles.

This Addon enables you to attach Satchels to Vehicles.

This Addon is client side only and works in multiplayer.

GDTModSatchel.jpg

Action Menue:

[Attach Satchel to Vehicle]

Attach satchel to a vehicle. (Only one satchel per vehicle)

[set timer +1 minute]

Timer for this satchel increased by 1 minute. (If you don't start the timer befor you set the timer on another vehicle the timer on the first vehicle will be reset to 1 minute)

[start timer]

Starts the countdown timer for this satchel.

[Deactivate bomb]

Deaktivates the satchel. Player will gets the satchel back.

[Touch Off vehicle bomb(s)]

Touches off all satchels.

Knowing bugs:

If you can't attach a satchel to a vehicle wich is not empty you have to reveal the vehicle first (default: right mouse button). This happens only with With [Options>Difficulty: "Auto report" = Disabled]

Changelog 1.01

===========================

All crew (except tank crew) will be killed on the explosion.

Changelog 1.02

===========================

Sound config fixed to work with ArmA Patch 1.14.

Signature files included.

download GDTModSatchel (11KB)

Armaholic mirror

ArmedAssault.info Mirror

ArmABase.de Mirror

ePrison.de Mirror

No.. you can`t see it.. it is ArmA and not the eighth wonder of the world... wink_o.gif

^ Its only a matter of further scripting to make it be physically attached to the vehicals is it not?. It may not bind models as one. But they could move together.

Isnt one of the mods where helicopters can attach vehicals to them and they can fly them to a place?

Also I believe theres another mod where someone had done a trailer type system for vehicals.....

Maybe, but wouldnt it be cooler to see them? They dont have to be put in the most obvious place either....

Quote[/b] ]it is ArmA and not the eighth wonder of the world..

icon_rolleyes.gif Is it so difficult to you to atach satchel model to a vehicle ?

Quote[/b] ]it is ArmA and not the eighth wonder of the world..

icon_rolleyes.gif Is it so difficult to you to atach satchel model to a vehicle ?

Its not the difficulty that sucks, its the sychonising between clients in multiplayer (laggy satchel that doesn't synch with the vehicles position). Then there is the whole issue of collision issues.

No, forget about making a satchel object visible. A much

better feature to add would be making the devices explode

automatically when the vehicle is driven away.

This was one of the greatest feature of OFP FDF-mod and nice to see it back in feature in arma, long waited triely this.

No, forget about making a satchel object visible. A much

better feature to add would be making the devices explode

automatically when the vehicle is driven away.

Hmm yeah - a third option of "booby trap" detonation would be great. Especially if you can script AI to use it smile_o.gif no more "leave your transport wherever you like" gameplay wink_o.gif

And no, visible satchel charges are not a priority IMO smile_o.gif

This is a cool addon! I've been putting them in ammo trucks for double damage smile_o.gif Opens up an enemy's gate defenses pretty quick ,allowing me to exploit the breech.

And same here, I have no need for a visible satch attach smile_o.gif

Is there a way your digital input sounds and extended range could be added to normal stationary bombs?

Hope mapfact will bring their assorted mines from ofp to ARMA. This addon has really got me thinking about the fun I had with those.

lol....

good job so far,

but isnt it posible for some annoying person to put satchels on a bunch of vehicles in MP, and now that you cant se the satchels, just have him detonate them as people drive away..

and since it is client side, only certain people can do it...

o well, Downloading!

yay.gif

Nice one!

I reckon it's better not to see them as you wouldn't attach them where they could be spotted/avoided by the driver.

Indeed Somerville. It would probably end up having someone in Evo sticking them on there. I believe that if you respawn after setting a satchel, and it blows up and kills someone - it doesnt know who the killer was. I may be wrong.

When you set off a vehicle with this thing, it goes absolutely FLYING through the sky. I set off a humvee inside a gas station - it looked like a shooting star, at least 500m into the sky.

Not true. Watch my video I posted on the first page. I detonate two Humvees and a 5Ton truck. They don't go soaring. In fact, I've detonated multiple vehicles, none of them go flying.

Maybe you have different circumstances at work when that happens.

However, my Set 1 minute timer does not ever detonate the satchel.

For some reason it only seems to happen when I am in the vehicle when it explodes. I'm beginning to question whether the vehicle does go flying into the air or if it is just a camera oddity.

[...]

but isnt it posible for some annoying person to put satchels on  a bunch of vehicles in MP, and now that you cant se the satchels, just have him detonate them as people drive away..

and since it is client side, only certain people can do it...

[...]

Well, people can do that anyway regardless of this mod. Just plant a satchel underneath a vehicle and leave it, until someone oblivious to the danger comes along. Granted, it would be better if this addon were made a mission requirement instead of simply an addon people could use to exploit (read: cheat), but its not too much of a stretch from what people if, they are so inclined, will do anyway.