Sign in to follow this  
HeinBloed

Lower Grass

Well like you said, set up your server right and there are no problems.

Best is to use it in the modfolder way and to just disable all folders that change things before gaming.

I for myself are more than happy someone finally did such a modification that allows me to finally fully enjoy ArmA ( in SP ) and couldnt care less if someone sees it as cheat.

im happy that most of you dont know how to enable a mod on a "non mod" server, anyway there are enough people who knows the trick.

not the modders fault for sure, hopefully BIS fix the cheats soon.

but its a pussy mod anyway, you think someone would cut the grass every week on whole sahrani...? :P

Yeah I wish I found humour in belittling more helpful addons, sorry my humour meters off mark tonight.

Gah, I don't understand some of you people around here sometimes. Here you have someone willing to do something to address another ArmA issue and instead of discussing the mod, lets belittle his work shall we?

This guy is actually doing something to address one item in a list of an overwhelming issues that players have expressed here at one point or another and he takes flack for it by off the mark comments. I sure as hell hope a staff member actually mods the needless crap out (including most of my reply I guess).

I'll definitely be giving this a try because it's much better to have short grass than no grass at all IMHO. One of the things I didn't like about OFP was the "turf" and I'm glad to see tall grass in ArmA. That said, I don't think the grass (or foliage for that matter) impairs AI enemy recognition as it does the player so any slight player advantage is a welcome addition.

Great work!

we tried it but we uninstalled it we noticed a reduction in the range that the grass was drawed we kinda like the long grass its not like someone mows the island of Sahrani anways

I tried rest of your mods HeinBloed..all are very nice..

i liked teh compass and the small aimpoint dot which blocked the enemy before. Nightvision is life saver..

a nice set of changes..

suggestions;

-re the in-game GPS (ctrl+M) .. may be it should be smaller in size and zoomed out a bit..it would be perfect then..

-make them into one pack and make usable with -mod method.

-post the others in the forum as well..

GoodJob  smile_o.gifwink_o.gif

we tried it but we uninstalled it we noticed a reduction in the range that the grass was drawed we kinda like the long grass its not like someone mows the island of Sahrani anways

I guess thats because the normal grass gets lower by distance so thsi already lower version cant be set to higher.

Any fix possible for that hein?

i liked teh compass and the small aimpoint dot which blocked the enemy before. Nightvision is life saver..

a nice set of changes..

where can i find that aimpoint whith small dot ? i hate the default gigant dot from the default aimpoint crazy_o.gif . i've searched but couldn't find anything related

thanks. (sorry for the offtopic)

Can anyone confirm whether or not it improves FPS performance? mixed messages so far on this thread.

I would guess that the grass models are still the same models, but reduced in height. Therefore I wouldn't expect there to be a FPS improvement, but also I wouldn't expect a FPS hit either. The same models are being drawn in the same places.

Quote[/b] ]I guess thats because the normal grass gets lower by distance so thsi already lower version cant be set to higher.

Any fix possible for that hein?

take the config.bin from sara unrap it with kegs tool.

change the values in the config under

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class clutter {

class GrassGeneral : DefaultClutter {

where you see grass model there is two values minimum and max.

default is

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">scaleMin = 0.75;

scaleMax = 1.0;

for main grass . change them all to lower values and find what is good for you.

very low for me is

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">scaleMin = 0.15;

scaleMax = .25;

change only grass models and place config in mysara and repbo.

size of addon = 50.5 kb

place in custom@\addons folder and bingo

works for me have fun.

thanks for the post of this i hated the fact you couldntsee thru the grass prone.

a nice set of changes..

where can i find that aimpoint whith small dot ? i hate the default gigant dot from the default aimpoint  crazy_o.gif  . i've searched but couldn't find anything related

thanks. (sorry for the offtopic)

>> Watch here <<

If you want to change your grass parameters..get PROPER's addon..u can easily change thru a .hpp file modifiable by notepad..no need to modify original files.. wink_o.gif

I start the grass mod with kegetys launcher butit doesnt work..the other mods from heinbloed (optics) doesnt work too...Arma effects,fdf and truemods worked finde with kegetys launcher..ehats wrong ??

If you want to change your grass parameters..get PROPER's addon..u can easily change thru a .hpp file modifiable by notepad..no need to modify original files.. wink_o.gif

How can i get this?

Heinbloed,

May i request a separate addon for the smaller aimpoint only...for me the scopes on RPGs or other tweaks within the same addon are creating unfair advantage during MP and cant use it..the first version was better in that sense..

@Garack

For heinbloeds GTDs to work you either copy them to Arma/addons folder OR copy the dta folder into GTD mod folder.

Search for PROPER in this forum topics..

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=66907

Hmm i put in in @GTDGrassMod in my Arma Folder and told kegetys to run it.

to way..absolutly no difference in grass high.. mod started right but i see no effects. perhaps conflict with truemod or armaeffects?

Hmm i put in in @GTDGrassMod in my Arma Folder and told kegetys to run it.

to way..absolutly no difference in grass high.. mod started right but i see no effects. perhaps conflict with truemod or armaeffects?

Did you create a subfolder called "Addons" in your @GTDGrassMod folder?

Read carefully...

...copy the "dta" folder into GTD mod folder.

thanks, used proper mod by now.no grass. all working.