Sign in to follow this  
Törni

ZU-23 AA Guns

That's what I call a quick update wink_o.gif I love the sound, byt the way !

Now, how about a T55 ? tounge2.gif

Keep up the good work.

Malick

New version sounds very good and also kicks ass pretty well if put up against some Blufor choppers thumbs-up.gif

I just miss being able to squeeze off short bursts or single shots confused_o.gif

New version sounds very good and also kicks ass pretty well if put up against some Blufor choppers thumbs-up.gif

I just miss being able to squeeze off short bursts or single shots confused_o.gif

Actually it's damn hard to squeeze of some single shots. Short bursts are quite easy, but singles are near impossible irl.

Törni, afaik the ItK 61 uses the original sights, both the reflecting and scope. In case you didn't yet know, original Zu-23 has sights for both moving and stationary targets. Scope with normal windage & elevation adjustment (optic is very much like the WWII German sniper scopes - just a thin V-type needle in the bottom.) Reflector sight is again pretty much like the the ZSU-23-4 ones in ofp and arma. Main difference is that Zu-23 has yellow optics. The optic itself is only slightly different.

And yet as I've stated before, I've never even seen the modernized soviet variant, so my information limits only to the original Zu-23 (23 ItK 61) and the finnish modernized variant (23 ItK 95).

I have also another version of the optics. Does this ring any bells?

ZU-23-2_4.jpg

Nope, nothing like that either. Imo that looks like something that might be the new optics for the modernized version.

Actually, now that I think, I don't think a Soviet AAG sight would have separate intervals for HE and AP types of ammo, since we (and they afaik) link both AP and HE shells in the same boxes.

EEExcellent work on that Zu-23. Sice you´re a wiz doing those conversions how about a suggestion for a next project: 2S6M Tunguska

It was 1 of my favourite east side helo-killers in OFP.

Suomalaista laatutyötä Törni!

biggrin_o.gif

I'm going to add some stuff to this pack in the next update due to next few days and then abandon zu-23 pack to it's own devices as done.

What about normalmapping? This important and beautiful addon should have it I think.

Normal mapping is no problem. It's the speculars I'm having hard time of getting it looking in any way decent.

EDIT: Got them working after some frustration -

Lesson #1: Do not believe 1:1 all the tutorials that people post in these forums wink_o.gif

Normal mapping is no problem. It's the speculars I'm having hard time of getting it looking in any way decent.

EDIT: Got them working after some frustration -

Lesson #1: Do not believe 1:1 all the tutorials that people post in these forums  wink_o.gif

Hyvä juttu!!

Excellent!

Torni, by the time BIS releases the "tools", we will not need them. If you keep converting addons from OFP, very soon we will have everything we need in this castrated version of Arma! biggrin_o.gif Keep it up man!

You the man Törni!!!!!! With addon makers like you, ArmA I think will last just as long as OFP and REALLY grow into a spectacular game!!!!

MORE CONVERSIONS please!!!! Also please, if you can, share your knowledge and write tutorials that way more new addon makers for ArmA can learn how to convert addons from OFP to ArmA.

However I hope BIS will write some tutorials as well once the new ArmA tools are released. That would help everyone out alot. The more OFP conversions, the better. If not...well then at least OFP is still there and is still a great game!!!

ArmA kicks ass, but OFP still has its charms not to mention a zillion mods and addons. smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Well I'm sure you'll like the final version of the ZU-pack. I'm adding a little bonus - something that has not been seen in ArmA so far  wink_o.gif

Just setting it up. Almost done needs some testing and release is definately in this week.

I'm a volunteer for testing, afterall, I do know the Zu quite well. smile_o.gif Doubt you'll need another tester for just an addon, but just in case then. Keep up the excellent work.

What could be really useful would be some pics of the original sight and optics model for the original version of the gun.

EDIT: Plus some close up pics of mechanical computing system (laskin).

EDIT: And Jarppi without your video links the guns would still use generic auto-cannon sounds.

I'll see if i can hitch a ride to Hyrylä in the weekend. They have to have a Sergei, hopefully with optics. I'll give you a heads up on friday or saturday bout that \o_

You mean the Anti-Aircraft Museum? I think the anti-aircraft unit has ended it's existence and the remaining personel were transfered to the armor brigade.

nice job törni for the aa gun. it gives me some config error messages tough, but nothing serious(placing empty ZSU in the editor gives error message)

@ Torni

Can you mount the Zu-23's on trucks for us please!!!!! My friends and I would greatly appreciate this! notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

Well Harry I can reveal that much that the next version of the zu-pack (that I'm currently working on) won't let you and your friends down  wink_o.gif

So motorized AA-units are making an entry to ArmA.

EDIT: There has been another speed bump. The Star truck that we were using as the weapon platform for the guns is not made by Vilas (even that it is in his mod), but by someone else. Need to get their permission or find another truck.

Here is a pick. Needs still some work.

PIC

AATruck.jpg

Always fun to nail the gunner with a sniper rifle. Unless he gets you first.

@Törni

looks wow very great,  I hope permission is no problem wink_o.gif

Are you make a pack with motorized AA and zu23 (without truck) ?  smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Are you make a pack with motorized AA and zu23

Sorry did not quite understand. A motorized gun without a truck? You mean some AA-vehicle or a towed gun perhaps? Or something else?

Well Harry I can reveal that much that the next version of the zu-pack (that I'm currently working on) won't let you and your friends down wink_o.gif

So motorized AA-units are making an entry to ArmA.

EDIT: There has been another speed bump. The Star truck that we were using as the weapon platform for the guns is not made by Vilas (even that it is in his mod), but by someone else. Need to get their permission or find another truck.

Here is a pick. Needs still some work.

PIC

AATruck.jpg

Always fun to nail the gunner with a sniper rifle. Unless he gets you first.

Wow! i really hope you release this! one of the coolest addons i have ever seen! biggrin_o.gif

I have to admit that it is quickly becoming the one I most like too. Very fragile, but can be very effective is used right. Infantry, light armor, soft vehicles and aircraft watch out.

EDIT: And to clarify things a bit. The truck is part of the zu-23 pack (the pack is needed for this addon to work). So those static AA-guns (improved versions) are included as well in the next release. Nothing is left out. Only improved and added stuff.

EDIT: A few more hours of work+final checking+permission is all I need. Then the release can happen.