Sign in to follow this  
Törni

ZU-23 AA Guns

While waiting for the author's opinion I put the free time to good use as the tools were also released.

The truck has now a fully working suspension. I also add damage effects for the 23mm guns as some of you requested it.

EDIT: And Jarppi you were right. I finally managed to get a poor quality pic of the old Soviet 23mm AA sight optics. It looks pretty much like Shilka's sights with some stuff added plus some Cyrilic letters.

That's what I said. Where'd you dig up those sights? I couldnt find any, so if you could url me those?

You can always mount the Zu-23 on the M113, like the Lebanese have done:

God I love that Idea as well!! great thinking! biggrin_o.gif

You can always mount the Zu-23 on the M113, like the Lebanese have done:

Lebanese.jpg

Hey arigram, what about your M113A1, It look the good version, as lebanese army use the M113 ACAV, of corse if Törni is okay can he got your permisson to do it?...

I am asking this cause i'm Lebanese, and we live in this contry in war from time to time, but we don't have all this moderme tank, that is in arma, all we can find here is somr M48, M113, VAB, T55...., that's why i'm looking forward for the relase of Törni's one.

well he's right in deed, am lebanese too

and the lebanese army always add Static AA stuff or machine guns to his APC's

but it would be great if u can add ur ZU-23 to the M113

cheers and thanx for the nice work

Well since BIS released the modding tools, it shouldnt be a problem anymore? Just mount it on Ural?

Well there are still two different formats. BIS models are of binarized format and cannot be opened with the Oxygen personal. So unless someone releases a converter they are still out of reach except for re-texturing, but that does not much help in this case.

Well I'm going to a bold move (which may back fire at me).

Since I cannot reach the author I'm giving him/her 24 more hours to tell his/her opinion on this thread or via PM.

If nothing happens, I'm releasing the addon pack with all credits due to their original makers. So no rights are transfered to anyone they should not be. And as usual all credits are mentioned in the accompanied readme file.

Afterall this is not about making profit. It is about communal computer gaming.

As long as you tried to contact him/her repeatedly, I don't think there's any harm done. I believe you're doing the right thing.

By the way, what are the improvements in the latest version ? A truck, new textures ? Anyway, I'll see by myself when it's ready wink_o.gif

Malick

I second Malick's comment. One thing in your corner is this thread. If anything, it provides a record that you did all you could to make sure the original author was respected. It's obvious that it was never your intention to steal any work.

Well if you compare it (the truck) to the original released in Vilas vibi pack here are some improvements (this is not meant to be a competition of any sort):

- Working suspension

- New sounds added

- Steering wheel animation fixed

- Working break lights

- Working damage effects

- New LOD added for a smoother distance transition

- etc. etc.

- Selections re-worked to match ArmA standards

EDIT: If I intented to steal their work would I make a public thread about it? I think I'm showing a sincere respect to their work by extending their life span from OFP to ArmA and beyond. Lots of human work and effort would be forgotten and lost in time if these conversions were not made by someone.

That's exactly my point. It's obvious that you've done all you can to be respectful to the author and a great member of the ArmA community. But just in case the original author ever returns and gets angry at you, which is very highly unlikely. The fact that this thread exists is a clear documentation that you are the sort of person whom respects peoples hard work and time spent. That can not be said about everyone.

With all that said, release it now. Let us enjoy your hard work a day early whistle.gif

Without OFP modders work as examples I would not know anything about ArmA addons.

So here is my official hat off to you all. Well I do not have a hat since I'm inside. But anyways you get the point  wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]With all that said, release it now. Let us enjoy your hard work a day early

You are not exactly the first one to try this.

I know that. I'm in good company. I decided to save my attempt at it until the end.

Plus, mine was the best. I thought I was fairly smooth about it.

Just to make sure I'm all black/white. It is either a public release tomorrow at midnight or nothing at all. (Is this dramatic enough for you?)

EDIT: No where the hell is that Russian Federation Units 2?

Quote[/b] ]... and respect for the original author wouldn't warrant such a nasty response. Oh well.

It was not supposed to be nasty - just a sarcastic one  smile_o.gif

Believe me all this waiting is eating my nerves too. I would really like to see it out there at your computers so you can put it to good use and if any problems are found then they would be fixed.

There have been no contacts so far. But I'm glad to anounce a slight delay  biggrin_o.gif

Early this morning there was a happy family incident. So obviously I have not been able to do anything rational today.

Just go ahead and release it. as long as you give the original creator of the addon credit in your readme. I don't see the harm in that.. crazy_o.gif

There have been no contacts so far. But I'm glad to anounce a slight delay biggrin_o.gif

Early this morning there was a happy family incident. So obviously I have not been able to do anything rational today.

Happy family incident. Sounds like a newborn to me. The addon will be released soon. No-one ever said it wouldn't be. So please, be patient.