Sign in to follow this  
spetznaz14

Fog bug again!!!!

Well now I've kind of got it running, I've got this fog thing as well. Funny really, win xp 2x 7600GT vid cards, 1.5gb ram, AMD +4600 was running smooth as silk compared to my new state of the art rig rofl.gifbanghead.gif

Fog issue on Single 8800 GTX, dual 8800 GTX, single HD 2900XT but not on single X800XT.

Extremely playable but fog issue is there.

It seems that when transitioning between scenes (say when clicking on Multiplayer from the main menu) there is a brief second where the background looping scene "clears up". Related??

If you just typed "8800 fog bug" in google you´d see that this problem is not Arma exclusive and therefore most likely a Nvidia driver bug, but not a BIS engine bug.

Quote[/b] ]i read an article on this very same problem. it was was either the inquirer or register and they stated nivida received alot of complaints from developers about the fog/haze bug in its 8800 series cards and they are looking to fix this bug in this September.

heres the link

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=41351

Unfortunately the article you link to only mentions that the texture-loading problem is being addressed and doesn't talk about the fog bug at all. Interestingly, HL2 also suffered from this problem but has now been fixed.

Another nvidia driver release and still the same problem...

Dont bother with 163.44 its just the same.

banghead.gif

If you just typed "8800 fog bug" in google you´d see that this problem is not Arma exclusive and therefore most likely a Nvidia driver bug, but not a BIS engine bug.

Yes could be but what matters me is the fact that this bug was solved in version 1.05 beta and reintroduced in version 1.08 sad_o.gif

and what is wrong with those pics? That there is haze in the distance?

My friend do you seen any blue haze? on a non foggy day?

Mountain View Pic

??

Yes could be but what matters me is the fact that this bug was solved in version 1.05 beta and reintroduced in version 1.08  sad_o.gif

It was fixed for me in 1.07 and the fact i never even got CTDs without using maxmem-256 wink_o.gif

Had the chance to upgrade from my GF8800GTS-640 to a GF8800GTX-768.

Fog-Bug...

BIS, please make a comment about this problem.

MfG Lee

Suma has commented on the BTS I'm choosing to interpret his comments as meaning that this is being worked around by BIS biggrin_o.gif

GREAT! Once this is gone I can finally enjoy ArmA to it's full extent.

I'm afraid my interpretation of the information supplied on the page is - quote - "not fixable"

I'm afraid my interpretation of the information supplied on the page is  - quote - "not fixable"

That info was posted in Feb. Suma's comment was posted in August and this part seems to give hope that there is in fact something that can be done:

"The game can be adjusted to detect this and adjust fogging accordingly" -Suma

1.09 then..hopefully? Please...

The fog is a *real* pain and spoils a lot.

1.09 then..hopefully? Please...

The fog is a *real* pain and spoils a lot.

well i believe you will have to wait for NVDA in a rummerd September driver fix, tho it would be nice if BIS can do more on there end, do to the fact that it was "ok" with the 1.05 patch...